Issetea

Sahrani Life

Yeah, rebl man cave is usually a good server.

As good as their servers might be, their admin is a ******

He registered at our quick-successfully started Sahrani-Life forums, just to post a extreme flaming thread against me - so i banned him. Maybe hes envy about our forums.... wink_o.gif

Therefor i wont recommend to play on their server nor would i ever do so.

By the way, Jana has closed her famous Server sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Regards, Christian

well, i will still be hosting it on mine, but i have dissables all votes, anly clan members are admin in my server.

When it fills i lock it, when somone leaves I open it untill its full again, had it going for 11 hours straight today with no problems apart from the usual arguing about who killed who and that cops a noob etc.

GamingDeluxe ArmaGettinOuttaHere

My server rules if you join.

1. No bitching @ each other or i kick. (I know its RPG but constant wining, you know what I mean)

2. No racist comments.

3. Plair fair.

4. Have fun.

its easy. see you soon

Found a minor bug/exploit in 1.12..

When you are stunned, you don't need to wait for "You can get up again".

If you IMMEDIATELY do "Animations/Normal" after being stunned, you can get right back up.

A civilian was doing that to try and evade arrest after we stunned him.

I have noticed that too, civs being stunned and few seconds later they are back on their feet.

another bug, when you get stunned and get back up, if you nholster your pistol you cant put it away as it kees coming back out. Reguardless if its anyother pistol you holster when it comes back out it's alwats an M9.

Some changes That would be good to see.

1. Further south, some black market shops (Cheaper products) to controll and buy, if another player get a weapon or a car from it you get the money. If you get killed, then the person who killed you takes controll of it. Like the Drugs area. Make it so you can purchace the buy drugs shop and have the ability to raise and lower the prices of it.

2. Proper gang areas to take over, like towns. Once you controll it people have to pay you tax's to pass through. As the owner, like the mayor you can righ tall you own tax rules for your town.

3. When you start a guild, the other members join your team. So as the guild leader you can select them targits etc. (you know what i mean)

4.Remove the track civ markers all together, even the 120 second update etc, just have them so they are on the town s only or when a civ is wanted.

Thanks.

another bug, when you get stunned and get back up, if you nholster your pistol you cant put it away as it kees coming back out. Reguardless if its anyother pistol you holster when it comes back out it's alwats an M9.

I believe I understand why it is bugged here. Its been the cause of a lot of civilian deaths because they cannot holster.

If you *DIE* while holstered, then you are bugged. You can no longer holster ANYTHING at all... only way to fix that is to go to lobby and rejoin.

What happens is that you holster okay.. but then a second later you unholster. Holster again.... it unholsters... "ARRGH!"

----

We are having a problem with Cops supplying civilians with COP weapons. A squad called ~ HA ~ tends to do this with one of their members being on cops and stashing the weapons somewhere.

I'd suggest a solution but I'm sure you know the game well enough what you can or cant do, so something that can stop cops supplying civilians that way would be excellent...

----

Not sure if you can do anything about this, but hackers have

A) Removed ALL ATM and Bank poles, someone said they are using a script to teleport them elsewhere... it ruins the game requiring a restart

B) Brought vulcans raining down from the sky littering the entire place...

C) Made people spawn in as a seagull (not sure if intentional or a byproduct of their actions, or if this is just a game bug but it tends to happen during a hacker attack.

D) Made all cop crates disappear-- the graphics are still there but there is no longer any option to "Gear" at them anymore.. so cops were stuck with only their MP5/Makarov SD starting set... forced a restart.

Quote[/b] ]We are having a problem with Cops supplying civilians with COP weapons. A squad called ~ HA ~ tends to do this with one of their members being on cops and stashing the weapons somewhere.

I'd suggest a solution but I'm sure you know the game well enough what you can or cant do, so something that can stop cops supplying civilians that way would be excellent...

No this would be NOT excellent to be done by the mission-makers!

This is your duty as a cop to sometimes check if some of your own team is corrupt. Or if you find out as a civ, call a other cop and tell them via phone or privetely direct... just be creative....

For example i had days were i played such a corrupt cop and made a whole lot of money supplying RPG and Machineguns to them.

I mean this is role playing you know, no need to limit another bunch of ability's in the mission.

Regards, Christian

This is your duty as a cop to sometimes check if some of your own team is corrupt. Or if you find out as a civ, call a other cop and tell them via phone or privetely direct... just be creative....

For example i had days were i played such a corrupt cop and made a whole lot of money supplying RPG and Machineguns to them.

I mean this is role playing you know, no need to limit another bunch of ability's in the mission.

Regards, Christian

Cool, and what you do about it?

Nothing, since you can't.

You can't arrest the corrupt cop, you can just shot him.

But wow, that doesn't help - if you shot him he respawns and does the same thing again, but meanwhile you are becoming a teamkiller to other players.

There certainly must be done sth about that flaw in the mission's design.

Regards, Christian

You can't arrest the corrupt cop, you can just shot him.

But wow, that doesn't help - if you shot him he respawns and does the same thing again, but meanwhile you are becoming a teamkiller to other players.

There certainly must be done sth about that flaw in the mission's design.

Maybe some kind of cop equipment reports, as it happens in real life, in a way of messaging other cops while one of them is picking weapons up and then making another message showing difference in what the cop is equipped with when he returns to weapon crates or dies?  whistle.gif

It won't handle ammunition smuggling that good; however the cops could pay for their magazines as they're having enough advantage of using weapons for free  smile_o.gif

Also there could be some kind of charge against that cop smile_o.gif when he repeatedly loses his weapon (warning: there's Q11_jams addon that simulates jams by replacing used weapon with "dummy class" one) then the other cops should have an option to put him in jail for desired moment, or give him a ticket worth lost equipment's doubled [better - multiplied n times] market price smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Quote[/b] ]You can't arrest the corrupt cop, you can just shot him.

Dont get me wrong, but you really thinking like this "close-minded" ? I thought you made a mission new from scratch and you really never thought about this issue or about a "proper" solution?

Terp, com on..... you also never heard about the "chief-cop" suggestion, suggested many times before??? Should be easy to code along with votes for mayor i think...

Chief-cop should control and arrest cops. Also in the next version of SL from Issetea/Fewo you can already watch cops from the camera aswell.

So this are the first steps need to be taken to make sure nobody goes corrupt. And its RPG, don't forget that people... limiting abilities/possibility's is the wrong way (like in real life, or do you like governmental growing restrictions that much?).

When do you people get that in your heads / how old must you become to realize that restrictions are bad?

Regards, Christian

thats why i suggested to Isseta to add cops to the cams so cops can keep an eye on other cops.

still, thats for finding them, the problem remains on how to deal with them.

I believe I understand why it is bugged here. Its been the cause of a lot of civilian deaths because they cannot holster.

If you *DIE* while holstered, then you are bugged. You can no longer holster ANYTHING at all... only way to fix that is to go to lobby and rejoin.

What happens is that you holster okay.. but then a second later you unholster. Holster again.... it unholsters... "ARRGH!"

Holster isnt bugged, in fact you respawn with a gun already holstered, so if u buy a new gun you cant holster it and u see the holster/unholster animations.

Just check your inventory when u get this problem or when u respawn....

thats why i suggested to Isseta to add cops to the cams so cops can keep an eye on other cops.

still, thats for finding them, the problem remains on how to deal with them.

For my opinion it's absolutely silly idea. cops same as civs are people first of all. And they can be corrupted as well. Any cameras is just making the mission with less game play abilities. The other thing is that there is nothing to spend money on in SL, so I see no point to be corrupted at all. Please, tell me at least one reason for cop to take money from civ? if u answer me - for not being arrested then i don't really believe it's really the reason for civ to pay. At least I've never met any cop in SL who would demand money from any civ for not being arrested.

From other side players would never pay attention on such silly details as adding cameras for cops or not if the whole general game playing of the mission is logically right. As long as there is no game play logic and people feel boring of the mission they will think out not useful silly additional details daily.

if u need logic, then u can see it as the Internal Affairs.

but corrupt cops are a huge problem in this game, you get one almost every time you play and certainly multiple countless times during the missions playtime

we aren't talking about cops taking payoffs or information, we're talking about cops supplying civs and terrorists with weapons

i see this more and more now, players join as cop, fill a jeep with weapons, stash it somewhere and then they join civ side to use them!

so remember, logically, cops are also policed.

I played on the Reblmen server the other night, and they have it where the second Warehouse in the Police area is a Cop prison. I shot a cop for repeatedly teamkilling me and other cops by running them over and I got sent to prison. I liked it a lot.

I also like the idea of Police being able to arrest police, but I think the arrest option for all cops needs to be adjusted to a "Trigger Mechanism". Meaning, nobody at all can be arrested unless they are wanted for something. The "Wanted Status" bringing up the menu to be arrested, otherwise it simply is not a option to select.

I also think Bounty Hunters should have that option, so people can play legit as a bounty hunter, not just a assassin (though that option remains the players choice per RPG).

Someone on the SL forums suggested handcuffs. That was a cool idea to be tossed about as well, requiring training. But there does need to be a balance to control the cops from total freedom of punishment.

Corrupt cops isn't the problem, its when somone joins the game as a cop, stashes a vehicle with a load of weapons, or a building. Leave, come back in the server as a civ, go straingt to their vehicle and they have loads of weapons ready with out having to earn a penny.

To solve this, i think cops should start with a stun gun only. And too have to purchace weapons from the shop, but in their base, but they have a weapon respawn script on so they keep what they dye with on re-spawn. The shop could fill with more weapons as the convoy reaches it.

Or simply, deleate any veh or dropped item as soon as somone leaves the server.

we aren't talking about cops taking payoffs or information, we're talking about cops supplying civs and terrorists with weapons

and huh.gif so cops sell weapon .. AND?

In SL everybody can do what they want. From other side, there must be logic of playing for cops so they do not sell weapon to civs.

max its not hard to understand, we arent talking about selling we're taking about this:

Max join COPS

gets jeep full of guns

hides them

Max join CIVS

use jeep and guns

There's a script used in the CrCti missions that won't let a player log from one group into another.

This is probably not possible with the ArmA engine, but in case...

Is it possible for weapons that cops "touch" become marked in the same way we can check vehicles to see who bought the vehicle?

So if we bust a stash and find it somewhere, we know which cop took the weapons out of the ammo crate at cop base?

It'd have to work by putting down the NAME of the cop because we wouldn't want cop 2 to do it, leave, join as civ, and another person comes in as cop 2 and we blame the wrong cop 2...

This is probably not possible with the ArmA engine, but in case...

Is it possible for weapons that cops "touch" become marked in the same way we can check vehicles to see who bought the vehicle?

So if we bust a stash and find it somewhere, we know which cop took the weapons out of the ammo crate at cop base?

It'd have to work by putting down the NAME of the cop because we wouldn't want cop 2 to do it, leave, join as civ, and another person comes in as cop 2 and we blame the wrong cop 2...

I hate this idea,

I HATE ALL SUGGESTIONS WHICH LIMITS THE GAMES ABILITY'S OR FREEDOMS FOR ANY SIDE.

I cant get it why people still suggesting such a POSSIBILITY/FREEDOM-LIMITING things to solve a problem - really curious to me.

Thats like after the 11. September which leads to the "Patriot-act" and the "Homeland-security-act", which totally destroys the peoples freedom...

Don't take it personal Modaflanker, i really like you, but i don't like to hear these kind of suggestions anymore.... really we should think about other ways to solve this, and there are other ways! wink_o.gif

I tell you something:

Firstly i doubt that issetea and fewo will incorporate such a bullshit, secondly if they would i will never play this mission as a cop again, PERIOD.

I HATE SUCH A TOTAL-CONTROL, the camera-cop-observing thing goes already a bit "too far" IMHO, but i think to myself "OK they probably use it very rarely...."

Quote[/b] ]max its not hard to understand, we arent talking about selling we're taking about this:

Max join COPS

gets jeep full of guns

hides them

Max join CIVS

use jeep and guns

Jana, i honestly never recognized this wow_o.gif but i think yes people do this...

And because of this my next public suggestion is exactly what "Blazen" described - stop people from changing sides while ingame.

If there is a way to do this, well then it should be strongly incorporated to avoid something like this.

Again, i'm not your enemy, we rally need to reach common accord how to solve it without limiting anything.

Regards, Christian

My experience, when a cop loads up hes car with rifles its to supply hes clan mates on civ side with guns.

Its very frustrating for the honest cops, and theres nothing they can do, if they shoot him too much they will get locked up for tk,

the only way to resolve it is for admin to take action and kick the bad cop.

I am 100% for having bad cops as a part of the game, IF there is a proper game play mechanic for good cops to stop him.

I hate this idea,

I HATE ALL SUGGESTIONS WHICH LIMITS THE GAMES ABILITY'S OR FREEDOMS FOR ANY SIDE.

Well, my idea of being able to "track" who smuggles guns out doesn't limit the freedom for a Cop to do so...

It merely gives Cops a way to deal with it, if they do find they need to do something to stop it....

Without this, here's the problem that made me come to this forum...

The words,

"COPS! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, GUARD THE BANK!!!" repeated over and over again each time the bank is robbed.

Civilians armed with AT rockets, sniper rifles, and grenades are attacking city hall and holding it, robbing it every 10 mins and redepositing the money without having to run away anywhere.

Might as well shrug, buy a buncha insurance, and find it easier to harrass civilians at the hospital like the noob cops do...