Sign in to follow this  
durg78

Durg's Vegetation Fix

Now its not so hard to put off the enemies from your trace. Works during day- and nighttime :)

Guess i have to reinstall this one again after seing the video.

Wonder why but last tiem i combined it with lowplants exactly like in the tutorial yet i often had the strangest graphic probs when i looked at some of the trees with this combo activated.

Does anyone encountert some Bugs with bulletproofed Trees or other Vegetation modified by this Fix ?

Does anyone encountert some Bugs with bulletproofed Trees or other Vegetation modified by this Fix ?

please post screenshot of that tree or other vegetation ideally with coordinates ...

thx

After installation of this fix with lowplants game crashes now with error "Warning: preNLOD format in object ca\plants\palm_01.p3d".

Whats wrong? I tried to follow the first page instructions.

I am using queens gambit.

Just a quick question, does the mod folder have to be called "@DurgsVegetationFix" ?

It can be called anything you like, as long as exactly the same name is used in your ArmA shortcut.

Just a quick question, does the mod folder have to be called "@DurgsVegetationFix" ?

It can be called anything you like, as long as exactly the same name is used in your ArmA shortcut.

True dat. I confirmed this myself with Durg for my own use. Same question. I remember reading something about a couple mods that required that the mod use the exact name(???) for the folder/shortcut.

If I'm correct the Proper_Sahrani mod needed the mod folder to keep the original name, because the pbo read from a config folder inside it or something

The way I understand it is that it doesn't matter what you call mod folders, as the path to addon content is only interested in the PBO name where the content is packed. The game engine will already know where to find the PBO as you tell it in the game shortcut. All "modName\Addons" folders essentially become like one huge Addons folder.

I didn't read the whole topic- was there any tweaking of the visual occlusion boxes since the initial release? The originals weren't the best but these new ones aren't the best either. Some of those boxes go way beyond the point where the branches would be obscuring the vision of the ai to any significant degree.

I didn't read the whole topic- was there any tweaking of the visual occlusion boxes since the initial release?  The originals weren't the best but these new ones aren't the best either.  Some of those boxes go way beyond the  point where the branches would be obscuring the vision of the ai to any significant degree.

- The theory:

durg78 at Nov. 06 2007,02:16 in this thread:

"Yes the view blocks do cover portions of the tree that have an Alpha transparency to the texture.  However, also keep in mind that the AI do not see color, and are not effected by this transparency. Also, they are not effected by camouflage, while we are.  This does even things out fairly well"

That the shapes of the cubes doesn't fit excatly the bushes and tree is a

compensation for the AI-Ãœber-Recognition.

- And what do you get in practice (playing in hard-mode):

Well, to say "after so long damn time of the player-frustation, NOW its time for the AI to deal with the frustation because this fix turnes the tables" its not correct.

The truth is it's quite hard to look through the bushes even on very high-graphic-settings (which make the foliage/greenery a little bit thinner and so you get a few more spots to look through the bushes).

And you must have a very close eye on the silhouette of the bushes and trees to avoid spotting from the AI.

But also its true now the AI make more tactical mistakes as before. Not much more but now and then you get opened chances. The mistake is that the AI takes too often the offensive not aware that behind EVERY bush and tree could be waylay the DEATH ...

For much in the year I work in the woodlands and I know what looking at and through trees is like wink_o.gif

I'll take that reply as a no, then.

For much in the year I work in the woodlands and I know what looking at and through trees is like wink_o.gif

Take it as a "Yes" and i omit further posting here.

Theres a few decent bushes that cover 70 percent of the body on the smaller desert map (why the name escapes me I really do not know! it's late). Well I went prone inside the bush and tucked in real tight, set a full squad to head my way on patrol. Its located just at the bottom of the runway south of the island.

Enemy were about 2 meters away and slowly walked on by, I noticed at AI set at level 0.65 or less and set to "aware" they didn't detect me one bit which was a great feeling to be so close and so near to being shot. When I did pop up (to make it obvious) they started looking for me, enemy would skulk passed the bush, stop, pause, and you can here "negative" and then return to original position.

From about 0.67 upward (and set to "Combat") they seemed to spot me at my 7PM position and fire into the bush and nail me, which seems pretty realistic.

Oh the joys of night mission with SD weapon in a forest overlooking a small town in the north. xmas_o.gif

Take it as a "Yes" and i omit further posting here.

I asked if there was further tweaking. You gave me a bunch of ridiculous nonsense about how having the occluding area larger than the actual vegetation is better. I shall take it to mean 'no, there hasn't been any tweaking'. Why in heaven's name should I take that to mean 'yes'?

Theres a few decent bushes that cover 70 percent of the body on the smaller desert map (why the name escapes me I really do not know! it's late). Well I went prone inside the bush and tucked in real tight, set a full squad to head my way on patrol. Its located just at the bottom of the runway south of the island.

Enemy were about 2 meters away and slowly walked on by, I noticed at AI set at level 0.65 or less and set to "aware" they didn't detect me one bit which was a great feeling to be so close and so near to being shot. When I did pop up (to make it obvious) they started looking for me, enemy would skulk passed the bush, stop, pause,  and you can here "negative"  and then return to original position.

From about 0.67 upward (and set to "Combat") they seemed to spot me at my 7PM position and fire into the bush and nail me, which seems pretty realistic.

Oh the joys of night mission with SD weapon in a forest overlooking a small town in the north.  xmas_o.gif

With the vanilla-version and the simplified cover-shape you cannot say with reasonable certainty that you are hidden.

But with this fix you SEE (namely the silhouette of the bush) what you GET as cover. Now its up to you whether a sneaky approach succeds or not. That's thrilling.

Will there be update for 1.09? Doesn't seen to work in 1.09b currently.

remove just sara grass pbo it shoukd work then fine

remove just sara grass pbo it shoukd work then fine

I'm not seeing a "Sara grass pbo." in the addons folder- is that it's exact name?

well that only applies for Queens Gambit

otherwise this mod is supposed to work with 1.09beta fine

Huh, doesn't feel like I'm getting the same degree of cover although I've been using it with True Range AI which may be effecting it.

True range do affect it big time; try it without and you'll see. biggrin_o.gif

Huh, doesn't feel like I'm getting the same degree of cover although I've been using it with True Range AI which may be effecting it.

The truerangeAI-mod is half-baked. If you decide to play with that mod you have to deal with frustation.