Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS T-64 MBT pack v.0.9 ( Preview )

This T-64 is fantastique! Especially for elite tanks units of SLA. smile_o.gif

Do you plan to make a T-62? wink_o.gif

Finally, SLA would have adequate armors...

I like realism.

This T-64 is fantastique! Especially for elite tanks units of SLA. smile_o.gif

Do you plan to make a T-62? wink_o.gif

Finally, SLA would have adequate armors...

I like realism.

Check the Armour of the world.pdf there youll find a answer ^^

great tanks! love 'em, only one nitpick is that when i have gone into turn out mode i cant fire or move the commander Mg. Other than that love 'em. Gonna make some big tank wars with these biggrin_o.gif

Beautiful looking addon! I take my hat off to Kenji, for making something so awesome once again.

I too am finding that the sabot rounds are pretty ineffective against the M1A1 (this is using the 3BM46 round too). I've looked at the config which says it has a 650 hit value which is the same as BIS' T-72's 3BM42 so I'm pretty puzzled as to why it takes twice as many rounds to destroy the M1 with the T-64 as it does with the T-72.

Speaking of the ammo though, the magazine classnames require "_MAG" adding to the end of those listed in the readme in order to work properly:

RHS_3BM46_MAG, RHS_3BK12_MAG etc.

great tanks! love 'em, only one nitpick is that when i have gone into turn out mode i cant fire or move the commander Mg. Other than that love 'em. Gonna make some big tank wars with these biggrin_o.gif

Thats wanted cause these NSVT Machineguns are remote controlled from the inside.

I hope that someone with the skill will find time to build these poor guys a real tank. What is the SLA supposed to do with this MBT, open a museum? biggrin_o.gif

The T-64 as things went was a good tank and It's better than having to use say a CV90 with the 120mm on it isn't it. I've always preferred the T-62 and T-64 to play with and always will smile_o.gif

I felt the default color scheme didn't fit too well with the t-72's in arma xtreme so I re-textured it to someting alittle closer...desaturated the green ,made it darker and gave it so camo effect,turned out pretty good I think.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Badger343rd/T-64.jpg

also...did anyone else think the tank looks alittle too small when parked next to the t-72?shouldn't they be about the same size? crazy_o.gif the t-64 looks like a toy next to its brother. biggrin_o.gif

I though that Russians never (more like NEVER EVER) exported the T-64 tanks to other countries...

Quote[/b] ]I though that Russians never (more like NEVER EVER) exported the T-64 tanks to other countries...

Perhaps times have changed, and the Russians are so strapped for cash that they've sent a few to the SLA. Plus, the T64BU is a Ukranian improvement of the base T64. The bottom line is - who cares.

Quote[/b] ]I hope that someone with the skill will find time to build these poor guys a real tank. What is the SLA supposed to do with this MBT, open a museum?

Err, no. The T64 is actually a superior tank to the T72, despite the "earlier" numerical designation, the T72 is the "export" (and thus inferior) version of the T64.

So you'd actually be expecting the SLA to be holding the T64s back for their élite guard units, and using the 72s as cannon fodder.

Yesterdays coop, a cry after a Javelin launch: "you bastard, this thing is so beatifull and you had to destroy it."

Seriously, top notch job. notworthy.gif

Good one - CameronMcDonald biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The T64 is actually a superior tank to the T72...expecting the SLA to be holding the T64s back for their élite guard units, and using the 72s as cannon fodder.

T72 has been fitted with some very useful upgrades - but imho SLA could purchase only a few early build T72A/B variants. T64 they were somehow cheaper (discount?) and could be upgraded at Sahrani "war buildings" with help from RHS wink_o.gif

Anyway - very nice vehicles!! Are you developing some new vehicles like Tunguska/Pantsyr - SLA found some diamond/gold mine and eaglewood!!

The fictional SLA T-64BU is explained in the manuel pdf.

In the mid 90s russia scrapped its entire T-64 fleet but SLA also offered to buy a number of them at a cost higher than what russia would have got scrapping them and also agreed for them to be upgraded.

zadoff russia aint exported the su-34 or the ka-50 either but that didnt stop the SLA, its fiction mate if you dont like it dont use it.

The T-64 is somewhat shorter in length than the T-72 due its 5 clynder boxer which is smaller than the T-72's V12.

IMHO

It's a chinese plastic toy, lowest quality !

I'm russian and i'we seen a lot of russian tanks, but this thing....is everything but not a russian tank !

YAY yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Finally!

Been waiting along time for this baby.

pistols.gif

IMHO

I'm russian and i'we seen a lot of russian tanks, but this thing....is everything but not a russian tank !

Explain why... Otherwise it's just an non-essential opinion. huh.gif

Thank you Shadow NX; I found the answer. wink_o.gif

Kenji is a war hardwares factory! biggrin_o.gif

IMHO

Explain why... Otherwise it's just an non-essential opinion. huh.gif

Thank you Shadow NX; I found the answer. wink_o.gif

Kenji is a war hardwares factory! biggrin_o.gif

Textures, bamp, details....everything have very poor quality and it's very far from the realism. All tanks looks like plastic models.

I'm really curious to know where RHS searching images of russian tanks to work with...

Tanks looks like tanks coming out from the factory a few hours ago. RHS's texture artist has to buy "Photoshop for Dummies", all his trys to add some "realistic" look and add some dirt looks horrible...

I have impression that this is 4bit textures...

Bamp is horrible also.

Low-poly ofp quality model.

Enough of arguments ?

[...]

Enough of arguments ?

That's your opinion...  huh.gif

But, as is written in the PDF document included in the RAR file: wink_o.gif

This pack is a beta and it still in developpement.

This is also a first attemp for his creator.

Do you remember the first addons in OFP?  smile_o.gif

@ Symbiot:

Man, do it better. Some harsh unneeded comments again from you, i saw this a few times now.

Nothing against constructive critism but this isn´t necessary.

Especially with the rate of addons coming out mad_o.gif

I love this addon to death.

They work fine for me. Great work!

I was surprised when I met them in a city fight. They took out my lead tank and pretty much flanked the hell out of me. The up armored version is a bad mofo to pick a fight with when your low on AT missiles.

Hope some T-55's and BRT-T's are on the horizon smile_o.gif