Sign in to follow this  
TonyRanger

FFN MOD

I'm currently testing your latest version and (not only after many justified requests) would (finally) very much like to add this to the add on list.

With the latest version I couldn't find any complications yet, not gameplay-wise nor in any of the .rpt files - I tried FFN quite often and found some weird ai behaviour at times (especially in the wide open where no cover was available & in combination with other mods, such as ECS and SIX - they seem to be gone now. Why? I don't know!)

I'd run a larger multiplayer test later this afternoon (got a week off, hurrah!) and then include it to the compilation - if that is okay with you!

Also, sorry it took me so long!!

Edit: Sorry, I tested it quite thoroughly by now and decided not to include it just yet. The AI is, of course, rather stunning - but the fps hit is just too huge at the moment. Larger coops and, for instance, Evolution & Warfare become virtually unplayable after some time (I am running ArmA on a fairly decent system). I'll see if I can counterbalance this by removing other add ons.

I bring you a good news,FFN MOD 0.82 MOD can use with SLX MOD!both FFN and SLX animation live together,and even the AI.you can even try SLX squad fight with FFN squad.

That's great news Tony. Many thanks. Will be interesting to pitch an SLX squad versus FFN squad.

[TAO] Kremator

Yes, its like a ultimate indicator on whos mod is best tounge2.gif

Or whos got the hardest bots hehe

Hi Tony , don't know if it has been mentioned before but especops can't deploy charges , they make the gesture but the charges are not laid, i hope you can fix it in the next version, thanks.

Tony has a new video on youtube. Check it out. Its nice

ArmA FFN MOD Video - SLX VS FFN CQB

Nice video there TR, you really did a great job with CQB.

FFN's AI acts much better for CQB in my opinion but the all in one thing hurts it compared to SLX. It's nice that stuff can be removed if you don't want it. Plus Solus made it with compatibility in mind.

I'm not a fan of openly comparing Mods but with that video in mind, I'll say it.

You really need to redesign the script system in this mod, so that there is 1 looped script running per side

or at least per group, but having several scripts running per single unit is insane and a total performance overkill.

This video mentioned above confims that.

I have to say,it's too lag to run FFN MOD with SLX MOD~~

btw.I do like few looped scripts running per side

or at least per group, but I have to make some scripts running per single unit,because every unit have his own behaviour.

Nice Tony. For your videos have you thought about using Gigan's camera script ?

Can't wait for your next release smile_o.gif

[TAO] Kremator

there still many test I need do in next release.In fact if I can finish all bugs we found in 0.81,all will be fine.

Would be great to limit the number of team's voice.

I don't like this "F***, F***, F***, F***, (and so on)"

And massive "enemy spotted" that the whole Sahrani could hear ;D

Omg this film is great.

1:23 - Camper! We should bann him after 20 seconds wink_o.gif

Thats great news.. ffn and slx working together is just what i was hoping to hear someday. smile_o.gif Hope it doesnt lag too bad since now we need less dumb enemies and have a few smart Ais that are even more challenging. Also looking forward for you campaign.

I also hope that "woundeds" will die for example after 3 minutes. It looks weird when they cant die and you cant even shoot them crazy_o.gif

(I know you wrote me a script, but I would like to see it implemented thumbs-up.gif )

This mode is awesome!!! But the SixSense tracer mode is disabled. Maybe a compatibility issue?  huh.gif

You need 'Extended Event Handlers'- try looking back on pg.24 I believe, and William1's got one for you to dl.

@TR- It seemed a little suspicious how well the AI can detect your whereabouts when inside so I watched from overhead using RTE4, and noticed that they do know exactly where you are even while crawling around prone.

This mode is awesome!!! But the SixSense tracer mode is disabled. Maybe a compatibility issue?  huh.gif

You need 'Extended Event Handlers'- try looking back on pg.24 I believe, and William1's got one for you to dl.

@TR- It seemed a little suspicious how well the AI can detect your whereabouts when inside so I watched from overhead using RTE4, and noticed that they do know exactly where you are even while crawling around prone.

smile_o.gif Many Thanks!!!!

Tony,

I have been playing with FFN MOD and CoolBox-SBS AAS missions (which are brillinat BTW ! ) and have noticed that on getting hit a few times the little minimap and other graphical bits in the mission fail to show.  Could you have a look into it ?

Another thing.  The wounded do breathe VERY heavily, could we quieten them down a bit smile_o.gif

[TAO] Kremator

I'll away from my personal computer for a week for a vcation.

I'll stay make new update right after my back.

I need I got a animation problem,anyone know how to edit ArmA's RTM files?

To edit it is possible, but easier to create animation anew because in rtm there is no skeleton, but for creation animation

will be necessary to place it there.

Tony, Are you going to add the 0.81 version on the first page or are you waiting for .82 or 1.0 ect

Awsome ai by the way in the videos. I liked the AI using the hand signals and such.