Sign in to follow this  
TonyRanger

FFN MOD

After watching the videos just a couple notifications about tanks.

- Nobody would attempt to repair a vehicle in a middle of a fire fight. The crew would call for assistance and blaze away with anything they got if the enemy is close.

- AFVs should not wheel around exposing their sides and back to the enemy.

the ArmA engine force tank crew eject when wheel broken,there is no way to keep them inside of tank unless lock them with script,if everyone want this,I can do it,but we'll never got chance to capture an enemy tank anymore because you'll never got a empty tank anymore,don't know if it worth.

even I don't want to let them wheel around exposing their sides and back to the enemy,but this is engine problem,can only wait for ArmA2 for that sad_o.gif

Keep the repair as you have it Tony.

Do you have any idea of when (roughly) you'll have a beta ready for test ?

[TAO] Kremator

Are those music and custom shoutings optional to config? Was only thinking about recon/stealth mission were it should be more silent.

Or did you managed to get an ingame radio/voice command that AI wont break?

Is it possible to activate AI repair feature only if there is no enemy around or crew AI dont knowabout? Only a idea that appears in my mind...

AI won't shout but keep silence in Spec Op or stealth mode.Or put a "TR_Voice_Enable=false" in a trigger.

I can set the repair feature only on when area clear,but I'm afraid enemy tank will never survied that long~~

hey Tony,

looks really tough how they fight thumbs-up.gif

but one suggestion: could u please use the camera.sqs next time you make a video of the AI? i would love to see how they approuch the enemy from above. that way we can see the tactics and the way they take cover a little bit better i think.

BB

Yeah, I too, would like to see an overhead video Tony. I think what you have done is great.

Please keep going.

[TAO] Kremator

Thanks Tony.

Was thinking of you using something like this ...

Gigan camera

Would make your life a little more easy instead of all the running about you have to do smile_o.gif

What first aid is built into the scripts ? Can the AI drag wounded then give first aid ? If so how would this fit into ACE (where there are bandages/morphine/epinephrine) ?

Looking REALLY good however!

[TAO] Kremator

thx for that!!!

eventhough it looks like a lot of fun running around the battlefield, u can just name a unit for example tony1 and then add a trigger with the following parameters: radio alpha, repeatingly and finally put " tony1 exec "camera.sqs" " into the "on activation"-field. that way u can execute a freely moveble camera by using the command menu (Radio Alpha).

hope u get what i mean...kind of struggling with limited english skills here wink_o.gif

understood,btw,AI will not give first aid to wounded,but you see the green smoke?that's they call support chopper.once that chopper landed,a medic will getout and take all wounded to chopper and leave,beside some reforcement will replace those woundeds for their old squad.

Hi tony great mod,

if you want some beta testing in Mp just tell me, I showed your vids to my clan mates and they are very impressed. We are more than 20 people that can give you some feedback if you want.

It would be great to include flares at night, i dont know if you have done yet.

regards from spain and keep pushing your nod is the best IA mod for arma im shure!!!! yay.gif

Tony: did you fix that annoying grenade launcher recoil? Sometimes grenades even hit guys standing beside you smile_o.gif

maybe I can released it before missions,so the date would be Feb 9th or even earlier.

Tony,

That would be fantastic !

REALLY REALLY looking forward to getting my hands on it !

[TAO] Kremator

Tony,

That would be fantastic !

REALLY REALLY looking forward to getting my hands on it !

Thats exactly my thought smile_o.gif

Thank you

Hi tony!!!

i´m waiting for this too, but tony take your time to make it work as betther as you can!!!

Me and my clan mates are waiting to test it in our Mp coops i hope it will be perfect compatible.

Only a few questions:

* does your mod create some lag??

**how is the performance at this point of development??

***Maybe it will be playable in big MP missions as evolution or it will be more to play coops with less people and Ias??

***Have you changed the detection routines as in ACE??, i say it because for me in ACE ar bugged, it ruined all night missions because of the cheating Ia detection capabilities??

Nothing more!! keep in it!!, it seems very very good!!!

notworthy.gif

***Have you changed the detection routines as in ACE??, i say it because for me in ACE ar bugged, it ruined all night missions because of the cheating Ia detection capabilities??

I hope so, that was my biggest beef with the current FFN version. I could never run away and hide from the AI in SP missions. Once I drove half way across south sahrani to hide and a large enemy group on foot chased me and ended up knowing exactly where I was. Although it was physically impossible they still arrived at my doorstep so to speak.

Hopefully the "lock on" capability of the enemy is not there in the newest version. v0.81 AI was ground breaking but not being able to run away got to me after a while and I had to stop using it.

Keep up the good work Tony. The videos look great thus far.

Likeiwse, that and the recoil issues were the only reason I stopped using it...which sucked because I really love this mod so far. From what I understand now the recoil stuff is removed. So yeah hopefully the all-seeing/all-knowing AI is gone now as well. I was getting pissed at my friendly AI shooting at walls (that had enemies behind them) and wasting all their ammo.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

unless ACE remove it's own AI replacement,there is no 3rd AI enchantment we could do on it,whatever FFN or SLX or something else.so let's wish ACE do remove it.and I can say,the FFN MOD 0.82 will casue less lag then 0.81.and the recoil problem with MGs is removed.beside,the AI take cover and using suppress fire are different as 0.81 too

I'm testing the MP compatible recently days,maybe able to release it on Feb 13th with some demo missions