Sign in to follow this  
TonyRanger

FFN MOD

As far as I know ACE can be used with any 3rd party AI mod that uses XEH. ECS can be used as can GL3 and DAC. I've used both DAC and GL3 with ACE and haven't had any problems, yet. Matter of fact SNKMAN has an XEH compliant config included in GL3 to work with ACE.

I think the order of priority in the target line makes a difference whether or not something will fully work with ACE.  

Also ECS just released a new Themis patch to work with the latest ACE update so saying AI mods can't work with ACE is not correct.

XEH compatibility is what should make the difference. Mods like this should use it anyway to avoid other conflicts with AddOns/Mods besides ACE.

Since you have said that the new version will use XEH hopefully it will work. If not, maybe we can coax the ACE guys to look into it.

in that case,you can try use FFN MOD 0.81 with that XEH Replacement on ACE.

download it here,this file was made in Sep. 22 2008,need at last XEH 0.90 or higher

http://rapidshare.com/files/147392994/TR_XEH_FFN_REPLACEMENT.pbo.html

yes,most parts are work ok in ACE,but still some part not,because of ACE's wound system and other,maybe I should not say not work with it,just not fully work with it.

XEN can't handle everything anyway,for example,once I've tryed put SLX and FFN togther with XEH,but different animation and different wound system even different suppress system really mess up

the FFN MOD 0.82 will contain 2 replacement file like this one

one for SP,one for MP.SP one is contain all features,and MP one only contain AI enchantments

the SP maybe not fully work with ACE because the different wound system even the support system or something else.

the MP one should fully work with ACE,but if not,both I and ACE may need make some updates for it.

btw,you can try run the FFN MOD without XEH with SLX(they are fully worked in this way),at last the TR - classes Soldier are still work(only lose the tracer and animation been replaced),so you can try SLX AI with default soldier fight with FFN AI with TR - class soldiers,this funny too smile_o.gif

the FFN MOD 0.82 will contain 2 replacement file like this one

one for SP,one for MP.SP one is contain all features,and MP one only contain AI enchantments

the SP maybe not fully work with ACE because the different wound system even the support system or something else.

the MP one should fully work with ACE,but if not,both I and ACE may need make some updates for it.

What do you mean by MP and SP replacements? Does the MP only work in MP or will it work with SP as well? I only play SP and I use ACE. All I want is the AI enhancements, nothing else. I wouldn't be able to give up all the great stuff that comes with ACE just to use the AI enhancements. I don't want to use all the other stuff in FFN, just the AI enhancements.

Sorry for the dumb question but reading this threw me off a little bit.

I pray the AI enhancement only can be used in SP.

The XEH FFN replacement works somewhat with ACE, at least I noticed the AI seemed to work. Unfortunately I don't use it any more because I didn't want all that other stuff, just the AI. And since it was impossible to run away from the AI with out them finding you everytime I couldn't use it anymore. That was overkill in my opinion. Still it is definitely a great Mod.

If that MP replacement really only adds AI enhancement then there should be no problem working with ACE. ECS and GL3 work just fine with ACE.(ECS if you disable the stuff that it has in common with ACE.)

if a feature is designed for MP then surely it will work in SP too, but not the opposite , so no problem about that matter wink_o.gif

if a feature is designed for MP then surely it will work in SP too, but not the opposite , so no problem about that matter  wink_o.gif

Just what I wanted to hear. Thank you william1.

yes,the AI enhancements,that's what FFN MOD for.the rest features are just ready for my furture missions and campagins.

as william1 said,I call it SP and MP replacements,but if you using ACE or ECS already,the MP replacement should be your best choice,whatever you play SP or MP missions.

the SP one just for those mission editors.no matter you using SP or MP replacement,the TR - Class units are still there,so there will be no problem to play my furture missions and campagins which build on them.

Tony,

This is sounding great. One question however. I noticed that you had scripted certain troops (like crew for instance) could only occupy certain positions - pilot/gunner/driver etc. The problem that I encountered in the past was that when you spawn a tank for instance IF they were ordinary troops they would be forced out of their tank.

Is there any way to avoid this happening? I TRIED to modify the replacement file so that all troops could be crew/pilot but I think I screwed up somewhere!

Can't wait for 0.82 ..... gonna be a BLAST !

[TAO] Kremator

you have to delete the entries type "_this exec""\TR_OBJ\MISC\MP_Tech_****.sqs" where **** can be soldier or pilot. don't delete the entries type TECH_engineer and _crew if you want the engineers and armour crew to be able to repair the vehicles

yes,the AI enhancements,that's what FFN MOD for.the rest features are just ready for my furture missions and campagins.

as william1 said,I call it SP and MP replacements,but if you using ACE or ECS already,the MP replacement should be your best choice,whatever you play SP or MP missions.

the SP one just for those mission editors.no matter you using SP or MP replacement,the TR - Class units are still there,so there will be no problem to play my furture missions and campagins which build on them.

wait, so the mp will enchance AI only, but at all areas, right? (editing, SPmissions, etc)

So everything that relates to improved AI (tactics, supressive fire, improved tank guys) will work with MP replacement, right?

P.S. what will the SP replacement contain?

this time in MP replacement,everyone SpecOp or Engineer can repair tank and those who "spawn in the tank" can repair tank too whatever which class he is (I mean if you make someone _ap moveindriver _tank,this _ap will automaticly got a Engineer skill).beside everyone can drive the tank or plane in the MP replacement.the old pilot/gunner/driver etc only keep in SP replacement

this MP replacement work on any XEH compatibility addons at all areas(editing, SPmissions, etc)

as the SP one,if you know how to use it,then the same.

Ok tony,

I´m very excited about this mod I hope this can be a standart of Ia improvement to this game. Maybe finally we have in the last months of arma a decent Ia to deal with....

I´ll be waiting fo release when you can...

Regards from spain nener.gif

ArmA2 release date have been jumped to May 29th already,so it's not the last month,but last more then 3 months. smile_o.gif

So finally I got time to make some FFN missions in ArmA

TonyRanger thx for your work, but can you release 0.82 without missions? i cant wait to try it with ACE in MP with my friends))

P.S. sorry for my english)

I've already upload the file and submit the news on www.armedassault.info,It will appear after validation by a team member of them.

should be downloadable soon,only contains addons,no missions.I'd like make mission while you guys test it.

wish ArmA2's AI can work with this one together,so make both better.

btw,Feb 13th is just my birthday.6 years with BIS.....

xmas_o.gif

Happy birthday then TonyRanger. Shall be interesting to have a look at these addons.

Happy Birthday Tony. Thanks for the new AI boost. As with everyone here, I'm excited to give it a whirl.

shengri kuaile - I hope that's right. The characters don't seem to work nor do the marks above the letters.(Forgot what they are called wink_o.gif

it should be still early morning in Czech,hope someone wake up early and post the new on their website smile_o.gif

it should be still early morning in Czech,hope someone wake up early and post the new on their website smile_o.gif

If they do like I did the times I've traveled to Prague, they'd still be out partying. wink_o.gif

Damn it I love that place and the women! Beautiful and Beautiful. thumbs-up.gif

Thanks again Tony, no worries though. Unless the world ends while I'm sleeping, I'll try it in the morning. Good night and happy b-day once again.

Many thanks Tony!!!!

I´ll be waiting for it to test with a mission I maked these days!!!

welcome.gif FFN 0.82

goodnight.gif BIS DEFAULT DUMB IA

yeah, every proper czech like myself likes to have an excessive drinking party once in a while. nothing wrong about that.

edit: double happy birthday TR.

eeedit: default bis ai as seen in ofp or arma is a masterpiece in its way, since to that day, no one has written ai to deal with open space of ofp/arma islands. so stfu, lucifervivo smile_o.gif) at least until you make something equal.

happy birthday Tony , and downloading Asap, can wait to try that AI along with ACE/DC mod