Sign in to follow this  
TonyRanger

FFN MOD

Quote[/b] ]If you need anyone else to test then just ask - as you can see from this thread there are people DESPERATE to use your mod
Yes thats right!!!We are ready to test!hehe biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif joke

Is not it easier with more people to do bug searching and testing?

uploading the FFN MOD 0.83 now (well,who care what it calls,it is just a name)

hope no hotfix this time...

Fanstastic !!

And there was me going to bed .... I don't think so !

Thanks Tony

[TAO] Kremator

PS Tony ... have you got a link for those that can't wait for ArmedAssault.info ?

It's the same as last time I assume. We are just gonna have to wait until it's upload and posted on the site. We are all in the same boat so let's just sit back and wait for it.

I think the deal has to do with where he lives and sites being blocked. If I remember correctly he mentioned this when he released v0.81 last year. My memory is a bit fuzzy though.

I'm using www.yousendit.com

it's only avilable for 100 downloads...I just want to make sure the ArmedAssault.info's guy got it before it reach download limits nener.gif

I've already send them a new,hope they post it soon.

This version is a bug fixed and Reduced lag one of 0.81.So all features in 0.81 and 0.82 are still there.beside there still some new features,the changes are below.

<AI changes>

1.machine gunner now suppress a area not a point in fire mode.

(looks more realize)

2.machine gunner scan hozie in covering fire mode.

(better chance for spotte enemy)

3.AI now able to find cover in 'very open' area.

(so they find cover some where else if there are no cover nearby waypoint)

4.when taken sniper shot,AI squad switch defense mode to assault mode

(if they were on defense mode,this make they engage the sniper).

5.AI engage range adjust,they'll find cover not engage if enemy are too far

<other changes>

1.fix the init script run again when soldier get out from a new mount vehicle.

2.fix the init script of vehicle crew only work after they dismount a vehicle.

3.reduce some lag by suppress fire mode.

4.fix the grenade swich problem.

5.fix some config error like "missing ';' at the end of line".

6.fix error report in MP gameplay.

7.fix error report when you kill a soldier who is on foxhole progress

8.some another small adjustment

there are also 5 SP missions inside.

A1.intro.pbo FFN MOD test mission "Clear Sweep III",kill enemy officer then disappear

A2.intro.pbo FFN MOD test mission "Defend",hold your defense position and wait for reinforcement.

A3.intro.pbo FFN MOD test mission "Hunt",test your combat skill,1 VS 20.

A1.sara.pbo FFN MOD test mission "Time bomb",rescue our officer then bring him back.

A2.sara.pbo FFN MOD test mission "Under Fire",a demo of further Mercenary mode.

Defend is new one,others are all rearmed from old version,all worth you have a try

Excellent news Tony.

Guess we'll have to wait until they get it smile_o.gif

Sounds like some good improvements you have made.

Will test it THOROUGHLY tomorrow (make that today now!wink_o.gif

Cheers

[TAO] Kremator

Tony, you could send the link by PM to some forum user , then this guy could upload the file to some other download site so the people coud get it without having to wait until tomorrow , just an idea  whistle.gif  tounge2.gif

Cool guys, I am uploading the thing on our .ftp

Jesus don't you rare french bears ever sleep? No complaints here though.  wink_o.gif

EDIT:

That was quick. Thanks OB. And thanks TR.

EDIT2:

To avoid problems, everyone planning on using this with ACEv1.04 make sure you erase the XEH .pbo that is in the @FFN/AddOns folder and replace it with this one:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2605

(And make sure every other XEH .pbo in every other mod folder is this one as well.)

Yes but unfortunately sometimes people seem not to read them, or the threads for that matter. wink_o.gif

Tony,

Superb work. I have just played your test missions and am VERY pleased with what I have seen so far.

What I am doing is using your FFN mod for combat behaviour, GL3 for Advance to Contact (and arty etc) and ECS for other environment tweaks --- AND ACE of course as the main one. So far it seems to be running smoothly!

Will let you know how it goes on my dedicated server running WACO 1.1.6e today smile_o.gif

Thankyou VERY MUCH !

[TAO] Kremator

anyone try all the missions?the time bomb and defend even the another really worth you have a look.

LOL just tried out WACO 1.1.6e with all mods active.

Just me and all rest AI.

Server went to 1FPS. Not surprising really !

Will have to tweak settings.

Working my way through the missions Tony.

[TAO] Kremator

PS anyone find out how to modify all these addons so that there is no conflicts ?

should better then that,I've try 'FFN MOD only' in one of my firends server(he host the game and join it himself,and also 5 ppl join),all seems work fine(mission is Evo and Domination),at last nobody said "lagy" to me.

but,all AI scripts run on server only,cilent just run very small must have things...

download link on Armed Assault INFO doesnt work anymore  sad_o.gif

Edit : sorry i said wrong, it works on Firefox , but not on Chrome yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]PS anyone find out how to modify all these addons so that there is no conflicts ?

In GL3 use the GL3_Settings.sqf to activate / DEA. features.Disable all functions, which is already in FFN.It reduces the possibility of a conflict between the scripts.

Supressed fire, take cover ,AI speaking etc.

Cheers Telix ..... on it now.

Will report back.

I've seen that ACE has quite a few AI enabled pbos and therefore I might look into which ones I can turn off.

GL3 and FFN should be able to cope with most situations.

[TAO] Kremator

oh good luck with ACE. it would be interesting do it works without ACE-AI.pbos. thumbs-up.gifbiggrin_o.gif

if you unpbo TR_OBJ.pbo, there is a way to get rid of the conflicts by editing the support scripts and others. the same thing should be done with ACE AI enhancements. this way you can get the best results. im halfway thru to making FFN,GL3 and ACE working. but i dont have much time. so if anyone digs into this, let me know about any constructive ideas.

Has anyone had trouble ordering AI in your group to cease fire? I try to endlessly and the little "stop" sign above their icon appears and disappears immediately. They just keep engaging even if the enemy doesn't see them yet. They also refuse to listen to my commands, sometimes, when an enemy has spotted them and vice versa. For example, he ran out of ammo for the m4 and equipped the pistol. Then just stood there aiming at the enemy who was 100yds + away. I frantically order him to grab a pkm from a dead enemy but he just stood there. The enemy was out of site of the enemy on the hill as well.

I'm using this(with MP replacement) and ACE v1.04. Has anyone else encountered this?

Besides this, FFN is absolutely wicked. I'm having great fun actually getting my ass kicked when out numbered.

my AI will spot and enemy about 5 or 5 meters away, equip a grenade and just stand there then on other occasions he will have a waypoint to destroy a certian enemy and he will run around buildings and trees and he'll run the complete opposite direction and get lost and then comeback to his target and he wont even engage. =/ other wise the mods good lol.

Yeah, I've had similar problems with the cease fire.  Sometimes the AI get a little uppity and too independent  tounge2.gif

I'm also getting CTD's when running ECS/ACE/FFN and I wasn't getting them before.

Overall the AI is just top-notch though. I was playing a defend the Base Mission in Dynamic War, planted myself on a high-tower just to watch the battle unfold, and was amazed to see the enemies actually sneak their way towards the base in small groups displaying tactical prowess and use of cover rather than marching up in Line/Wedge formation, planting prone without a worry in the world.