Sign in to follow this  
Rg

TrueMods - 2nd Release

I love the extra zoom out in 3rd person view. Theres a few problems I'm having.

1.) I also use NWD addons and the Binocs will not zoom in anymore.

2.) I was using NewView pack with the single dot for the crosshair/dot. The will not work anymore. I'm not using your cadet/veteran crosshair. In the previous version of TrueMods, if I didn't use your crosshairs Hedcrusha's small dot crosshair worked. Is there something I can do to get it to work again.(Without removing any of your AddOns? I love them all except the Cadet crosshair)

Forgive my stupidity, but whats the main dif between True View Original and True View Accurate? Do they more or less try to do the same thing, just slightly different so theres two versions?

Its too late for me to test and check it out... but if you could just let me know the actual difference... Id really appreciate it! smile_o.gif

Thanks in advance for any help!

Okita

Manzilla try switching both mods in your modfolder link.

Manzilla try switching both mods in your modfolder link.

What do you mean? I'm using the ArmA launcher. Is anyone else having this problem with zooming in the binocs and scopes when using this mod with NWD mod? I love this new version but I can't possibly play with out being able to zoom.

very impressive work!

trueRangeAI works great in the few test missions I played. dramatically changes firefights for the better.you have hinted at other AI adjustments, what kinds of things can we look forward to?

The other new additions are also very nice. I like the smoothness and the new FOV.

I really love these mods. Thanks!

This mod really adds a lot to Arma. i was not mad about the ealier version but this one is spot on and adds the feeling of more like being there.

great thinking.

@Manzilla

I think not beeing able to zoom is actually a feature of NWD`s scope-mod and if i remember right, rg7621 was updating trueview to work together with NWD`s mod without overriding the scopefix. So i think it`s not possible to get the zoom together with NWD`s mod confused_o.gif

but still you could try the shortcutmethod:

"blabla\blabla\arma\arma.exe" -mod=@Truemods;@NWDScopefix

or

"blabla\blabla\arma\arma.exe" -mod=@NWDScopefix;@Truemods

but as said befor, not sure if this will work crazy_o.gif

btw: very nice mod, i love it. it`s a keeper, for sure notworthy.gif

Nice addon... yay.gif

But it would be nice, if you are able to release "a medium level" of AI strengh. Now it`s very hard... original AI is very easy... and what i miss is a level between... wink_o.gif

@Manzilla

I think not beeing able to zoom is actually a feature of NWD`s scope-mod and if i remember right, rg7621 was updating trueview to work together with NWD`s mod without overriding the scopefix. So i think it`s not possible to get the zoom together with NWD`s mod confused_o.gif

but still you could try the shortcutmethod:

"blabla\blabla\arma\arma.exe" -mod=@Truemods;@NWDScopefix

or

"blabla\blabla\arma\arma.exe" -mod=@NWDScopefix;@Truemods

but as said befor, not sure if this will work crazy_o.gif

Hmmm... Really? If that's really the case, then I'm really confused. smile_o.gif I've used NWD scopefix since the day it was first released and as far back as I remember zooming has always worked for me. I'll look at all the NWD readmes for more info. I wonder if the NWD binocs were never supposed to zoom either.

If the zooming I've come to enjoy is not a supposed to happen with Scopefix I assume it was caused by the first TrueMod version, can anyone confirm this? If so, then here's more confusion... I went back to the previous TrueMods and zooming still wouldn't work.

Next issue. What about the "small dot" crosshair from hedcrusha's NewView mod? That stopped working as well even when I disabled the TrueMods crosshair addons. The "dot" crosshair always worked with the previous TrueMods. Also, just like my zoom issue, the "dot" crosshair wouldn't work when I reverted to the previous TM version.

I'm pulling my hair out here. biggrin_o.gif These things started the first time I played after installing the new TM. When I installed TM I also installed a few other things. All the Bush War AddOns and GUI, the new ArmA Effects(but I've never used/activated yet), and a few missions.

I've checked if other mods/AddOns may be the culprit but since I began using the ArmA launcher I've been very careful to keep everything in it's own modfolder and put nothing in the AddOns folder except the default BIS files. I'm just not quite sure whats going on here.

Anyway, if scopefix didn't cause zooming with ACOG's and NWD's Binocs but the last TM enabled the zoom, is there a way I can make new TM enable it again? I don't care if it wasn't realistic, I liked it. Plus I do not play MP so I'm not going to have an unfair advantage against others. I've come to enjoy being able to zoom in and I'd love to be able to do it again.

Sorry to all for this ridiculously long post. I just wanted to make sure I explained everything in case anyone will/can help me further, I'd really appreciate it.

BTW rg7621: once again you've made ArmA so much more enjoyable. You are a True genius and an amazing asset to this community. Thank you. notworthy.gif

I don't know if I' talking about the same as the above post, but I really miss the possibility to have an additional view with the m4/m203 with the aiming options without having to look through the ACOG scope.

Is this gone in the TrueMod? Why?

Maybe I'm just imagining things but after installing this, ArmA looks the best it ever has since purchasing it. I also enjoy the new load screens much more than the drab ones that ship with ArmA.

I haven't spent a lot of time in ArmA since installing this mod but so far from what I've seen, it's pretty great.

Nice work.

Sorry for the late replies, it’s been a long week.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>=====================================</span>

RG, can I suggest the following class addition, under the class M134?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class TwinM134: M134

{

cursor = "\ca\Ui\Data\cursor_weapon_ca";

cursoraim = "\ca\Ui\Data\cursor_weapon_ca";

};

This will put back the small crosshair on AH6 variants for the machine gun for pilots, as there is also a crosshair on some other vehicle guns that you do not have an ironsight for to look over.

I didn’t want to give BH machinegunners a crosshair when using TrueCrosshair-Veteran because I assume you aim with the tracers, not looking down a sight. But getting rid of this also gets rid of the Ah6 crosshair. Maybe you have a different idea then just putting both back in?

A request: How would you feel about making the weaponlist in gearmenu's larger again?

I really love what you did with it etc, but especially when skimming through large weapon/magazine boxes like the ones available in 6thSenseMod and alike mods/addons, the smaller list itself creates a lesser overview which imho is not nececairy considering how much open 'screen' remains.

I made it smaller so you are not completely blind when in gear view. You can still see above and be aware of your surroundings. I personally like the size right now.

Also, we are very much missing the information about weapons and magazines, not only the library info, but also the names of the magazines that are needed for the rifle and such smile_o.gif

I didn’t think there was a real need for that info. I figured people would know what goes with what, but I guess if your using other addons, there might be some confusion.

I guess my thinking is that it doesn’t make sense to put both back in, because you would basically have the old big gear menu. I would love if there was a way to put a button on there to pop up a info box. That would be the best solution, but I don’t know if that is possible.

Also, a bug that I can not check if its fixed in the latest ingameUI: For other languages than English, in your previous IngameUI enhancement, the speed/altitude overlapped eachother because the words used for both are longer in those languages compared to English smile_o.gif

Did not even consider that. I guess I will position them on top of each other and see how that looks. Thanks for the input wink_o.gif

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>=====================================</span>

excellent mod..

one thing i have noticed is that every time i have a gun with aimpoint or iron sights i can zoom out permantly..

when i have a weapon that has scope on it..i can zoom out temporarily, just like zoom in...

i prefer the permanent zoom out from the middle position..rather the momentarily...

Sadly, it’s a bug in the original game. There is nothing I can do.

will this work with NWD scope fix or should i have to edit the cfg myself?

Yes, it will work. There are no conflicts.

Forgive my stupidity, but whats the main dif between True View Original and True View Accurate? Do they more or less try to do the same thing, just slightly different so theres two versions?

Its too late for me to test and check it out... but if you could just let me know the actual difference... Id really appreciate it! smile_o.gif

Thanks in advance for any help!

Okita

Yes, they do the same thing, but have different zoom values. TrueFov-Original is less zoomIn and less zoomOut. I made this version for people that used TrueView and wanted to keep using it. TrueFov-Accurate is the one I would recommend though.

very impressive work!

trueRangeAI works great in the few test missions I played. dramatically changes firefights for the better.you have hinted at other AI adjustments, what kinds of things can we look forward to?

The other new additions are also very nice. I like the smoothness and the new FOV.

Thanks, but please use the TrueRangeAI thread in mod discussion. It is still too early to make a comment on later AI fixes. wink_o.gif

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>@Manzilla,</span>

Yes, TrueView had binoculars that started zoomedOut and let you zoomIn. I got rid of this, because I didn’t want any conflicts with NWD’s scopefix. Check your pm.

The dot issue you have is weird. Off the top of my head I can’t think of why there is a conflict when you disable my crosshair mod, but I’m pretty tired right now. Send me a pm with a link to that mod and I will have a look when I have some time later.

I don't know if I' talking about the same as the above post, but I really miss the possibility to have an additional view with the m4/m203 with the aiming options without having to look through the ACOG scope.

Is this gone in the TrueMod? Why?

Can you please expand on this? I don’t understand what you are saying.

To the above and the rest of the posts, thanks again for the feedback and compliments.

Rg, thanks for your reply.

I think the popup box should be possible altough I have very little experience with dialogs... You might want to check out Dr. EyeBall, he seems to know his way very well in dialogs smile_o.gif

About the TwinM134, these are afaik only used on the AH6, while the doorgunners use just the "M134" weapon. Hence my suggestion to put the crosshair back on the TwinM134, and not also the M134.

@rg7621

I meant there was a mod to use the M4 with ACOG with an additional view, allowing to aim above the ACOG scope and not looking through the scope. (This was made for CQB). You still had the option to look through the scope though.

Maybe I'm mistaken and it was not part of the TrueView mod.

Hi

Can you explain to me why there is an "access = 3;" on every class in our config ?

Are you locking up the class in your config to prevent adding class updates by other addons ? I won't presume that, but:

I've been working on an addon, inheriting CAManBase to use for new units.

When I load my ArmA with TrueMods I encounter multiple

"Cannot evaluate file "ReadOnlyVerified - no file" errors.

Leaving it out, the error is gone. Anyway my addon is working, but this error message is blowing the arma.rpt file up.

Which should'nt be necessary.

Would be nice if you could explain, because I've been searching for errors since ages.

Hi I use this mod as well etc etc, and Ive found for some odd reason that your mod looses the pack noise when moving or diving to prone, when using chammys sound mod ..

I put chammys before yours in the mod list so not sure why ur movement sounds dissapear.. any ideas anyone?

Ive tried the other way around as well in the mod list True then chammy.. but still the same..

Moose.

Big Thanks, my trackir dosen't feel like a waste of cash with your mod.

+1 xmas_o.gif

You've made my gaming experience with arma even more worth while...

Thank you.

Well, after Q set me straight that most the improvements I'm seeing are attributed to your mod, I have to say that YOU have seirously set ARMA straight(er). I'm afraid to approach the enemy at range, I'm having to hunker down and stay in bushes when enemy CAS approaches my general area, and I'm getting picked off standing up on a hill to recon the valley below! THANKS! tounge2.gif

My air support really has the desired effect, a10's in particular are useful again. My guys are engaging and much more active. Need to check this out in-depth with armor and NWD's FCS. Thanks again! inlove.gifthumbs-up.gif

Excellent package Rg. thumbs-up.gif

To avoid the arma.rpt error messages change this:

In "TrueFov-Accurate v1.0" and "TrueHeadMovement v1.0" add:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define ReadAndWrite 0

#define ReadAndCreate 1

#define ReadOnly 2

#define ReadOnlyVerified 3

to avoid this:

Quote[/b] ]Cannot evaluate 'ReadOnlyVerified' - no file

However you might consider leave the access value out

altogether. This could lead to issue when people run this in

combination of other addons.

Let the modfolder loading order decide which value it should take.

I would like to report a something I had a little trouble with last day. Firstly, I can not imagine playing ArmA without trueview enabled anymore. It's such an enhancement it's ridiculous. At any rate, I was driving a bmp2 the other day from a turned out position. The turned out view is fixed forward, rather than panning slightly into corners, and seems to be too high in elevation (as opposed to altitude). It's disorientating because you can't see the nose of the bmp as you're driving, can't see the road close to the vehicle, and can't see into turns. Playing from turned out drivers views, actually, they seem to have a higher zoom than your default for soldiers.

I hope you find my experience valuable.

Reason why some servers have not removed crosshairs is because the friendly tags also disappear.

Hoped that the crosshair mod here might've given a viable option, but when the veteran mod is used in cadet mode then the friendly tags still vanish.

Would it be possible to do a version that allows friendly tags while disabling the crosshair?

You can DL this version which keeps the crosshairs on veteran, but allows you to still get the name-tags only. I like it.

****** I did not make this. It comes from the ATOW Mod. I take no credit for this, only hosting it up so others may DL without DLing a huge mod just for this ***********

Down Load Here