Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

Piper Warrior II

could you please change the animation of the pilot? huh.gif

I dont like it having the camels animations... and make the "steering wheel" moving, like in cars. and yes, it s possible, for example:

RC be32 cargoplane... othervise nice job!

ouside textures might need littele improvement. smile_o.gif

Just came back from a little trip over the island, i really liked the handling. With full flaps there was no problem making shortfield takeoffs. Only remarks i have is that it´s too damage resistent.

YAY!!! lots more reasons to keep playin' arma

yay.gif

nice plane but my main concern is that the windows on the aircraft are super bullet proof! tounge2.gif shoot at the damn thing with machineguns and stuff and tried taking off infront of a couple of a.i machinegunners but they never get me through the windows...

only thing really dangerous to the pilot is AA missiles, rpg's and shilka fire imo... biggrin_o.gif anything else can be outrunned.

I really hope you make windows a little bit more close to BI ways so i can snipe drug cartel pilots or something wink_o.gif

Nice little plane, keep up the great work!

Been patiently waiting for the RKSL Cessna but your plane will work just great for my needs. Looking forward to your final version, thanks again!

/KC

Gnat @ Sep. 30 2007,16:17)]c) Just like other addons done by better people than me ........

Create a separate material for the blurr and use a "NoZWrite" flag. If this doesn't help (might depend on LOD - pilot lods are rendered different) then you might want to add "addBlend" aswell.

However, that's just in case, because NoZwrite is exactly what you want.

Just in case you didn't know: you need to edit the rvmat file and add a line like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">renderFlags[] = {flag,flag};

I see you have discovered what caused your white textures to turn grey (the red channel in specular map is responsible for diffuse, as one of devs said, so it should be all 255 unless you want to darken the material color).

The aeirlon problem is because the faces on the sides of the aeirlon should be set to sharp. Right now one of triangles has two smooth edges and because of that it is attempted to be rendered as a "transition", half smooth triangle.

As for your work itself - it is very neat and I really like the detailed textures. The cockpit is also cool, glad you took your time. You could however add a glass material to the cockpit glass, or is it not used on purpose?

I had a great time flying this around sahrani..

I almost had it to land, but it then bounced up..

IMO, this is great for those nooby pilots.. who cant seem to fly those harriers yet. This is great training..

whistle.gif

biggrin_o.gif This is great stuff. Actually, great enough for me to randomly get inspired to create a little mission for it (heh). Maybe in a couple days' time you will be treated to a little trip around Sahrani as the pilot of a Global Nation Aviation Tour (G.N.A.T.) aircraft! xmas_o.gif

People should, generally, make more missions for addons. Even if they're just quick fun ones. smile_o.gif I can't make addons, but I can make missions. So it's all good.

Great work! Keep releasin' stuff!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Looking good Gnat smile_o.gif

Any possibility of seeing a RACS version in the future? Would work well as a recon/FAC plane...

Looking good Gnat smile_o.gif

Any possibility of seeing a RACS version in the future? Would work well as a recon/FAC plane...

I was thinking the exact same thing this morning...

racspiper.jpg

racspiper2.jpg

Its nearly ready, just a few more tweaks then its off to GNAT, whether he makes the config and releases it is up to him.

@ Oct. 01 2007,04:53)]
Gnat @ Sep. 30 2007,16:17)]c) Just like other addons done by better people than me ........

Create a separate material for the blurr and use a "NoZWrite" flag. If this doesn't help (might depend on LOD - pilot lods are rendered different) then you might want to add "addBlend" aswell.

However, that's just in case, because NoZwrite is exactly what you want.

Just in case you didn't know: you need to edit the rvmat file and add a line like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">renderFlags[] = {flag,flag};

I see you have discovered what caused your white textures to turn grey (the red channel in specular map is responsible for diffuse, as one of devs said, so it should be all 255 unless you want to darken the material color).

The aeirlon problem is because the faces on the sides of the aeirlon should be set to sharp. Right now one of triangles has two smooth edges and because of that it is attempted to be rendered as a "transition", half smooth triangle.

As for your work itself - it is very neat and I really like the detailed textures. The cockpit is also cool, glad you took your time. You could however add a glass material to the cockpit glass, or is it not used on purpose?

Thanks for the tip Panda !! Appreciated.

Yes, I'll endevour to fix the various things people are talking about, including the glass.

And lovely looking texture Red Devil smile_o.gif

@Messiah

Thx. I get the shadow onto itself, so there must be different variations of how shadows are cast (with settings). I'll post a pic shortly.

I do know I not using the "Shadow Volume LOD", but everything seemed to work fine without it, including interior shadows.

Thanks to all again for the comments and pointers.

This is a really nice plane , especially for a beta.

I took it up on a moon lit night with civis driving all over. I shoulda snapped some pictures smile_o.gif

I've never flown around to have fun befor in ARMA, but this aircraft is perfect for it.

And it's a lot easier to keep in the sky than the BIS biplane.

I'm gona keep this one even after you improve it, I like the aircraft better without the glass effect. Glass can make or break an addon for me. Some people go overboard with smears and reflections and blur to the point you can only fly in perfect weather and daylight....and forget about having any night flights.

But you've made some of my favorite air units in OFP, so I know you'll do an excellent job....can't wait for more.

Very nice job guys...she handles like a dream...took a joy ride in her and brought her back in for a landing and it was the smoothest touchdowns ever...can't wait for your other releases!!!

Gnat, can I please say a big THANKYOU for your release - it looks great!  I hope there's more in the pipeline - perhaps maybe even a ship? notworthy.gif  wink_o.gif

The RACS Piper looks awesome - I hope that that'll be released one day too - makes me think of this:

MFI9B-BB002.jpg

Carl-Gustaf von Rosen's light aircraft fitted with light rockets during the Nigerian Civil War in the late 1960s

very nice plane, i like it !!! one thing i am thinking is, the plane always flew a slightly way down when i level it up. i can´t trimm wink_o.gif the elevator so i have the whole flight push my joystick back.

would u pleace adjust this ?? (its not a relaxed flying wink_o.gif )

according to the wiki the plane makes 250, but if i fly 270 downwards i come in a stall and there is no way to get the bird back under control.. mabe put that a little higher.

thx for that nice addon...

i love to see fsx-planes in arma.... so i don´t have to start fsx anymore biggrin_o.gif

greetz

themaster

very nice plane, i like it !!!  one thing i am thinking is, the plane always flew a slightly way down when i level it up. i can´t trimm wink_o.gif the elevator so i have the whole flight push my joystick back.

would u pleace adjust this ?? (its not a relaxed flying wink_o.gif  )

I was flying this plane with the buttons. And i must say: Smooth flying, landing and starting.

Trés belle addon ... !

*YAWN* So predictable..  Just like all your other projects.. tounge2.gif

Yet another excellent addon!  Thank you.  notworthy.gif  inlove.gif

Edit: Just had a thought about the post above on the subject of trim- With the increased capabilities of binding keys, are there new accessable functions for altering the yaw and pitch trim? Just a thought for those capable of making an Air Reality Mod. That person would be quite the hero.

@Red Devil

v nice, hope gnat likes it, and i hope sombosy makes a us vairient aswell, with such a short landing distance it would be great fun for a spec-ops mission, just imagine it, the dead of night, fly deep inot north sharani, land in a field sbatauge an enemy base and escape, climb to a hit and detonate the bombs!

Gnat your work really is worth waiting for. and you always seem to be working so hard on so much stuff. you bring a little more joy into Arma.

Hopefully you will improve the interior for future releases but give urself a break for a while.

Have you ever thought of working with other addon makers to help release more of your work, as we already have a reskin for this and its been like a couple of days or something. Maybe you do I dunno.

Anyway still its quite cool

biggrin_o.gif  This is great stuff. Actually, great enough for me to randomly get inspired to create a little mission for it (heh). Maybe in a couple days' time you will be treated to a little trip around Sahrani as the pilot of a Global Nation Aviation Tour (G.N.A.T.) aircraft!   xmas_o.gif

People should, generally, make more missions for addons. Even if they're just quick fun ones.  smile_o.gif I can't make addons, but I can make missions. So it's all good.

Regards,

Wolfrug

A mission with this plane would be great.

You are one hell of an addonmaker, you know.

Well done, thank you very much for this great addon!

Piper V.S. Su-29 yay.gif

biggrin_o.gif This is great stuff. Actually, great enough for me to randomly get inspired to create a little mission for it (heh). Maybe in a couple days' time you will be treated to a little trip around Sahrani as the pilot of a Global Nation Aviation Tour (G.N.A.T.) aircraft! xmas_o.gif

People should, generally, make more missions for addons. Even if they're just quick fun ones. smile_o.gif I can't make addons, but I can make missions. So it's all good.

Regards,

Wolfrug

I made a few years ago for ofp a race for civilians planes mission, i think i can port it smile_o.gif

xmas_o.gif It's nearing completion. Got a bit 'bigger' than I planned, heh, but it's getting there. Just a fun little thing, really, but it's got some nice features (including CSL's Populate Island, intro/outro/cutscenes, crappy voiceovers and various other little scripted tidbits. tounge2.gif )

Hey. Maybe if we promise to make more missions for Gnat's addons, he'll be more encouraged to work on them? notworthy.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

@Wolfrug

hey, i hope ill be able 2 download this or atleasat play it online biggrin_o.gif