xeno

co30 Domination! One Team

Why not just turn that off?

'Cause it's not my server wink_o.gif

Man so much complaining, I enjoy Domination and everything about it. If you don't like some features and absolutely hate it so much, then why don't you just go make your own co-op with your own settings?

Man so much complaining, I enjoy Domination and everything about it. If you don't like some features and absolutely hate it so much, then why don't you just go make your own co-op with your own settings?

Worst reply ever.

Quote[/b] ]'Cause it's not my server

Oops! DOH!!!

Quote[/b] ]Man so much complaining

I didn't notice any complaining here.

XENO,

Thank you for a wonderfully dynamic and flexible mission.

Everyone Else

I play tactically as much as possible, but unless you run the server, it's difficult to force others to comply.

Domination has flaws certainly, but please point them out and be descriptive and explain completely. Try to be as objective as possible and try to back up your explanations with facts, i.e. an MH-6 doesnt carry MK-48 Torpedoes Wikipedia (this is just an example). If you don't have any facts on hand at least state your case as best as possible.

If you have talents in scripting or a working knowledge of C and its variants, chime in. You'd be surprised what you could contribute.

I've played missions with many of you and have had a great time.  smile_o.gif  Recruit more to our cause and make Arma a better game.

i have got a playing problem with "West AI" non ACE , with client and server ACE.

any projectile fired is writed on chat window. How disable that?

??

I can't figure out why the Radio Towers are not going down with 8 Sachels?

Anyone know why it would do that?

Thanks

i have got a playing problem with "West AI" non ACE , with client and server ACE.

any projectile fired is writed on chat window. How disable that?

If you are running a non ace version of the map. Disable ACE mod on server and client. Does this still happen for anyone else? for me, i have not seen this issues since ACE 1.01

Quote[/b] ]I can't figure out why the Radio Towers are not going down with 8 Sachels?

After total of 110 hours play testing all the domination 3.52 maps it has only ever taken one charge to destroy the towers. what version of map are you playing ? and which town/mission are you playing? i will try and reproduce it.

Could it be that the server has stalled/crashed ? as this kindve behaviour occurs when that happens. EG, you can empty a clip into an enemy and they do not fall, or you cannot enter a vehicle. i have seen this when my own server borks.

I've seen it twice (and I play Domination a LOT!!wink_o.gif that we couldn't take down the tower. I also think this was before ACE. In one occasion the tower was placed near some walls in a major town. No matter where we put satchels would it blow up. Inside these walls was a BRDM which also couldn't be destroyed. We were able to get to him by carefully place the MHQ so that after teleport we was also inside these walls. But no fires could affect him. Town coudn't be taken and we had to restart the mission.

Not sure what happens with the towers in these circumstances, maybe a nearby object we cannot see is taking all the damage?

So these problems do exist, although they are extremely rare. A solution to these problems in the future could be to go back to base and deliberately 'loose' the target: All enemy units within the 'win-trigger' gets deleted and the town is immediately recaptured. Once our units are some distance from the target. Maybe?

Well thanks for the feedback Guys.  Server is not stalled, FPS48 and the Mi17 keeps dropping troops and we keep killing them.  The Domination 3.52 TT (that may be it) first mission was Pita and Tower is on SW part of town, no buildings around the tower just a road.  

I suppose it could be an AddOn conflict but i don't see how.  Guess I will start over and see if it happens again to confirm.

Thanks

Ok, Update on Can't Destroy Tower:

Seems I had to exit the Server, rejoin as US and then Tower was able to be Destroyed.

Thanks crazy_o.gif

Sorry for the Double Post but the last one would not display for some reason. More wierd stuff?

Sorry for the Double Post but the last one would not display for some reason. More wierd stuff?

Not your fault, this forum* won't display the first post of a new page until the second new post on the new page has been made.

* this post was made before the forum update and was referring to the old forum software, should no longer be a problem.

Edited by Dogsbd
clarification after forum update

Ahh, so that's what's been going on for all this time. I never understood why sometimes I had to repost something that didn't show up, then it came up double. Not until now that is, thx. Hope the new forums will behave better with that.

I've added a first 3.60 test A.C.E. version at dev-heaven.net.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/domination

Feel free to test.

Xeno

Wow just read the change log on Dev hev site and it is great.

I can't wait for the official release.

You have been busy the last couple weeks you where away at German TC!!!?

Although I just found Domination I have been feverishly reading all your change  logs and I printed out this thread to pdf and have been working my way through it.  

The upcoming Engineer build Cover sounds great, the tanks throwing smoke a good addition as well.

I like the new options for missions with the order being at the top if I understand then correctly you can choose which side you are working on the island.  is that correct?

I like the different interface for View distance, Grass and fix head bug from the 3.52 West AI.   It is more compact with less clutter on the main screen. 

You change the icons too.   They look great.  A lot better then the dots and little yellow boxes for the service points.

Small change but really looks improved.

I am guessing that this would be a RANKED version of your missions series.  

First thing I found is as Bravo_1 doesn't have an option to climb the wall at the base. (the only guy I tested on.)  As a side note it didn't work in the 3.52 AI I tried over the weekend either.  I saw the option to climb the wall but when I clicked it I would pause a long time and pop out into the ocean when I tried to climb a wall.  

The MHQs is acting like I am East I think (from my reading of the change logs) and giving me the option to  spon a bicycle or an ATV and I think it should be the 1050(i think that was the diesel dirt bike) or the atv.

This next one might be for testing purposes by you but the can't fly Choppers  for 30 minutes option is only like 3 minutes (in case you didn't intend that to be and dropped a zero)

Question about the Load ammo crate.  

How can I change the Crate that is Air dropped to be an ACE Weapon box instead of the US weapons?  Or any type of ammo crate for that matter.

Question about norrins Revive heal action and ACE healing

When i was playing ACE 1.06 and Norrins ACE AI Revive I would disable the norrins heal option to force the players to have to carry objects.I noticed that even if you used the Norrins heal menu option that you would still be suffering the affects of the wound until you get a morphen injection and healed with band aids?  Well look at that as I was trying this I am literally just testing your 3.6 test mission and NICE, look what happened speztnas enter the base and I am all alone.  I grabbed the Chinook turned it sideways, landed and got in the mini gun.  They are all meat patties now, but I was wounded, I used the norrins heal option and was still getting black screen flashes and grunting like I was hurt.  I had to go get some morphean (sp?) and heal again at the tent.  (I was not hurt that bad to begin with) (no more the .3-.5 at most and I know Norrins can heal by default .7)

Is this an issue with ACE\Norrins revive?  I find that just disabling Norrins heal works best.

Can anyone confirm or disprove this as well?

Xeno HOW do you find those typos in 3.60?  crazy CODING EYES I chock it up to.  

Couple more questions to anyone that can answer me.

In the AI missions (I use that because there is only a couple of us and we are getting our butt handed to us) I take it that a lot of the "Special abilities get given to everyone like calling in air drops and Strikes?  I played Bravo_1 this week and had all those options including some repair options which confused me but I was happy to have them as there was TWO of us on my server testing out Domination for the first time.  B

Next question about AI and it is related to the above.  When recruiting AI is it possible to hire Pilots or Engineers, or Radio operators so that you can lock those special abilities down and that would force you to make sure you picked your team out carefully.  I think the answer is No, so it is a "That would be COOL."'biggrin_o.gif'

Are you planning on incorporating Norrins ACE AI revive (version 0.1) in your fantastic series of ACE Domination missions?  Yes AGAIN with the AI.  'confused_o.gif'

Last is that I was getting the AMMO designations spamming my channel as well over the weekend the same as gL33k.  It was weird, I would see what round was being fired by me and I think my squad. Sorry I am vague on this as I was in AWE of the totality of this mission I was finding it hard to think clearly.

Last thing Xeno.

You have heard it many times I know because I have read it a lot through out this thread.  But this really is a fantastic piece of work.  

Thanks for the fun you helped create and continue to create with Domination.

Tested on

Server AMD X2 4600 4 gig Ram (My Old gaming rig)

Client Intel Q6600 OC 3.01 Ghz 4 Gig Ram

ARMA BETA 1.15

ACE 1.06

ACEIP 1.12

With No extra Addons loaded other the above.

Edited by Styxx42
I reread more Change logs and found I was mistaken

I guess you mean the A.C.E. parajump.

You have to edit AAHALO\jump.sqf and remove the specific part for A.C.E. right before

//===================CONFIG========================

Xeno

Xeno, any chance we'll see a non-ACE, non-dedicated-server Domination?

http://dev-heaven.net/boards/18/topics/show/435

- !!!!!!!! as really nobody seems to read what I write when a new Domination version gets released, really nobody, Domination should now also run

in a hosted environment. Though I do not promise anything, some things might still only run on a real dedicated server.

(STOP PLAYING HOSTED. You can run arma_server.exe on your own machine side by side with ArmA. If ArmA crashes you can connect again, if the same happens hosted and you are the host, everything is gone).

Xeno

----------deleted-------------

Edited by Xeno
Double post due to Database error

Think think this question is for Xeno as he is the script master beind it all. But please chime in if you know the answer.

ACE AI 3.52 question

Is it tough to make it so the choppers can lift all vehicles including the wrecks?

-Second Question is do the repair pads repair any vehicle flew/drove/taxied up onto them or are they determined the same as above?

I added a bunch of ACE vehicles to the mission (there is usually only 2 or 3 of us playing and we SUCK) and we are not very successful. So I tricked out the base with some ACE Bradleys, M113's, some Support hummers and a bunch of little birds as well as some Kiawa OH58's to try and make the mission more doable with just the couple people. I stayed away from the real hammers because we want to have fun and not smoke them so no tanks or apachies etc just the littler stuff.

And Last night a Kamov came and destroyed our base and we realized we could not lift or repair any of the extra vehicles I put in. I was reading and know I have to manually add all new vehicles to your i_ file (can't recall which one right now as I was looking at it last night at 2AM.) for llifting.

I was hoping I could remove something and it would enable lift and repair of all vehicles?

Thanks in advance.

What a truly amazing mission. I wish I had of found this earlier. So many LAN parties with crappy missions and this one single mission runs faster, has more options and would have saved me so much time trying to achieve what this does.

Fantastic

Screeny of the damage done by the Kamov.

2f818b32494785.gif

Edited by Styxx42
Wrong mission Version in details above

ok, i had domintaion by Xeno and i edited it blah blah then i deleted it. Now evertime i try to host my own mission Arma goes bye bye and and it says

include file

MPmissions\co@30_domination_3_52_West_ACE.sara\x_setup.sqf not found

Sooo i redownloaded the mission and i put it back in my MPmissions and i tryed again and it happened again. Ive tryed so many things over and over again and i just cant find a solution.

Does anyone even have an idea on whats goin on?

ok, i had domintaion by Xeno and i edited it blah blah then i deleted it. Now evertime i try to host my own mission Arma goes bye bye and and it says

include file

MPmissions\co@30_domination_3_52_West_ACE.sara\x_setup.sqf not found

Sooo i redownloaded the mission and i put it back in my MPmissions and i tryed again and it happened again. Ive tryed so many things over and over again and i just cant find a solution.

Does anyone even have an idea on whats goin on?

Hi, I had a similar issue when I was fiddlign with the mission as well. I left off a semi colon and it would not load so I deleted it but not the right one.

I deleted C:\Arma\Mpmissions.

Check your My Doc\USERNAME\Arma\Mpmissions for the mission. Delete it out of there and you should be good to go.

good luck.

Nah when i say i deleted it i mean it i deleted every trace of it from MP Missonns to appdata its goneeee.