xeno

co30 Domination! One Team

Are you deleting the crew while they are in the vehicle?

You have to delete first the vehicle, then the crew.

Are you deleting the crew while they are in the vehicle?

You have to delete first the vehicle, then the crew.

Nope, not doing that, they get unassigned in the A.C.E. version, I'm aware that the vehicle has to get deleted first (that's why it works perfectly in all other versions). But deleting the vehicle and replacing it with another destroyed vehicle doesn't show the A.C.E. explosions.

Xeno

Hiho I guess I'm asking it in almost every version but I'll notice huge code changes in every release. biggrin_o.gif

How can I add new vehicles to the enemy AI groups at the main targets?

Which files do I have to edit and which lines?

I'm using 3.14 East but I've noticed other versions!? What's the latest version for vanilla arma?

New version 3.22 available...

Changelog (changes since 3.14):

Quote[/b] ]

- added HeinBlöds code from GDTModTracked. Prevents AI tanks from falling on their top or flying through the air (thanks Hein).

- fixed airki, after the first attack planes or choppers got shot down no new were created

- complete rewrite of the network code (finally I've found time for this, massive reduction of publicVariables)

- artillery smoke, etc, now uses A.C.E. viewblock in the A.C.E. version

- you now have to get a parachute pack before choosing parajump at the jump flags in the A.C.E. version

- made some enhancement in the call drop code again (hopefully the AI driven choppers will now really come to the drop point)

- added IRStrobe to the crate in the A.C.E. version

- added more radio variants to the artillery operator radio check in the A.C.E. version, calling artillery is now also possible inside vehicles (as long as you are not the driver/pilot)

- in the A.C.E. version Alpha and Charlie team leaders can only call in an air drop if they have a radio

- added M2HB, tripod and magazines into the ammo crate in the ACE version

- added M1014 shotguns in the A.C.E. version

- added SU27 as attack plane in the A.C.E. version

- added extra bonus mission co@24 Attack [ACE] (needs FDF_Isle1 aka Podaga, ACE and Queens Gambit, required by Podaga island)

- in the A.C.E. version the artillery operators (Rescue and Rescue2) are only able to call in artillery strikes when they have the AN/PRC-77 radio. Otherwise the action menu entry will get removed

- fixed, the nice A.C.E. vehicle explosion effects didn't work because if a vehicle got destroyed it was deleted immediately and then replaced by a new destroyed vehicle

- reduced the content of the ammo crates, now only west weapons in the A.C.E. version are available. The ammunition for M109 and Javelin is reduced too

- merged the ACE changes into the base code

- merged CSLA code into the base code

- added HuntIR, Medical and Rucksack box in ACE version

- in the ACE version you'll see a black screen and don't hear anything when you die until you respawn

- it is now possible to spawn more than one enemy attack plane or chopper that will fly patrol over the main target (d_number_attack_choppers, d_number_attack_planes)

- it is now possible to create more than one vehicle at a mobile respawn (in the ACE version you can create an ATV and a bicycle)

- replaced the A.C.E. ammo crates with standard ArmA crates to fix the "JIP as seagull" bug, the ArmA crates get now filled locally with weapons and ammunition on each client

- changed AAHALO in the A.C.E. version, it now uses ACE Halo

- removed the depot from base, respawn location now surrounded by hesco walls

- many, many internal script changes!

Important

If you are still using ArmA version 1.14 you have to dePbo the mission and comment the line in x_setup.sqf in the main mission folder that has the define (two underlines before)

NO_PARABUG_FIX__

After you've saved the file run setupcopy.bat once and pack the mission again.

In 1.15 the parachute bug was fixed so it isn't needed any longer.

No Project 85 version yet (still waiting for it).

------------------------------------------------

The package now includes the following missions:

co30 Domination! One Team - West

co30 Domination! One Team - West AI

co30 Domination! One Team - West Revive

co30 Domination! One Team - Racs

co30 Domination! One Team - Racs AI

co30 Domination! One Team - Racs Revive

co30 Domination! One Team - East

co30 Domination! One Team - East AI

co30 Domination! One Team - East Revive

co30 Domination! One Team - West Mando

co@30 Domination! One Team - West Schmalfelden Edition

co@30 Domination! One Team - East Uhao Edition

co@30 Domination! One Team - CSLA

co@30 Domination! One Team - A.C.E.

co30 Domination! Two Teams

co25 Sahrani Battle v3.22

co25 Sahrani Battle v3.22 Mando

co30 Hill Defense 1.61

co32 Returning Home 1.37

co20 High Mountains 1.83

co25 Enemy at the Gates (Corazol)

co33 Revenge 1.17

co16 Leviathan Rising 1.36

co17 Wings of Steele 1.63

co18 Green Holidays 1.03

co18 Southern Comfort 1.43

co35 Red Alert 1.0

co35 Red Alert 2 1.71

co@24 Attack [ACE]

New bonus mission:

co@24 Attack [ACE] (uses Norrins revive and Silolas DAC)

(needs FDF_Isle1 aka Podaga, ACE and Queens Gambit, required by Podaga island)

by Xeno

This is it!

After we have lost east Podaga to the SLA we are now trying to get back in.

Your first task is to clear an old US base that SLA forces seized during their attack.

You will get other objectives during the mission.

Download:

Domination! 3.22 Mission Pack

One more thing:

You don't have to ask me for permission to modify any of the missions or release a modified mission. Simply do it! (You even don't need to mention me anywhere!wink_o.gif.

There are more important things in life.

And... please use a dedicated server to play the missions. Hosted won't work.

Enjoy!

And have fun !!!!!

Xeno

You star  notworthy.gif  gonna have to fill your bank with frubles !

Much Kudos !

dayum you had me worried there i thought we were gonna see another so near but yet so far mission for ARMA !

domination is defo the benchmark in dynamic Co-op missions

cheers

WOPPA

Xeno,

I'm confused. I thought I saw a couple posts saying you would not be updated an ACE version any longer and then all of a sudden a new version with all kinds of ACE things in the changelog?

Have I misunderstood something here?

I'm confused. I thought I saw a couple posts saying you would not be updated an ACE version any longer and then all of a sudden a new version with all kinds of ACE things in the changelog?

All those A.C.E. updates in the changelog were from the allready released versions. The changelog just shows the difference to the last fullpack 3.14.

What I meant was that I'm not going to make further A.C.E. specific updates to the A.C.E. version anymore.

A.C.E. in it's current stage is unplayable because of the completely broken wounding system (I was even able to run arround having the blackin/blackout screen, the one with the "fisheye").

Xeno

@Xeno: I am still using Domination v3.09 as the basis of my version. I do get the ACE 1.01 bug where downed enemies immediately comes to life again, but these can be rekilled. I am not experiencing the problem where a main target can't be cleared though. I'm using ACE 1.01 on server and on client.

Be adviced, we've seen insane problems on our server while we were still running 1.00 server and 1.01 clients logged in.

Differences that I can think of:

1. I'm allowing some enemy units to be alive to win the target, due to the size increase of my areas compared to default. Only tested though when selecting a no-side mission version using a lot more main target areas though (not in default).

2. My enemy vehicles seem to be deleted immediately after getting a target cleared. Doesn't look very good, but I don't care, yet...

3. I am performing a slope check while generating the wp's used for placing units. Don't think this should matter though.

4. I do not use the updated network code. Don't even know what that means, hehe...

5. At one time did I get into problems with not being able to clear a target, and that was when I was messing with the skipTime command. I have NO idea why this should matter. Problems, sure. Trigger faults, hell no. But still they failed. I was quick to abandon what I was trying to achieve back then when it happened.

6. Only on what I expect have been badly modded versions of Domination have I experienced the seagull respawn, but this was a long time ago. Except some self inflicted revive problems at times, but have abandoned revive since ACE.

7. My respawning sequence seems faulty now with ACE 1.01. I select a spot to respawn and I respawn there, but the menu doesn't close. Now the menu doesn't react to input anymore, but I can escape out of it. After some time after getting into the game again, I will re-respawn at selected location. Not sure how this works in default Domination yet.

8. I have included the update to get ACE vehicle explosions.

9. I think I am now using *only* ACE_ vehicles except for the MHQ.

I sincerely hope you reconsider ACE support. Are there many still even playing without it anymore? It's fully understandable that ACE AND ArmA being beta could cause problems. I would be amazed if everything worked perfectly.

domination is defo the benchmark in dynamic Co-op missions

quoted for truth and accuracy

thanks xeno again.

the 3.22 ACE mission works as perfect as it needs to now.

helo drops work perfect.

arty works.

towns are cleared as before.

thanks for fixing it. much appreciated.

All those A.C.E. updates in the changelog were from the allready released versions. The changelog just shows the difference to the last fullpack 3.14.

What I meant was that I'm not going to make further A.C.E. specific updates to the A.C.E. version anymore.

A.C.E. in it's current stage is unplayable because of the completely broken wounding system (I was even able to run arround having the blackin/blackout screen, the one with the "fisheye").

Xeno

Sorry to hear this but understand. For me mission making with ACE will be dead then as Domination & DAC are the CORE for all my misisons.

Too bad I will have to go back and convert back all my Domination Custom Conversions to remove ACE but can't be without the features of Xeno's work.

sad_o.gif

Xeno

Sorry to hear this but understand.  For me mission making with ACE will be dead then as Domination & DAC are the CORE for all my misisons.  

Too bad I will have to go back and convert back all my Domination Custom Conversions to remove ACE but can't be without the features of Xeno's work.

sad_o.gif

Sorry to hear this as well as I'm a huge Domination fan (you might remember I've made some mods to Domination myself Xeno) but have committed to using ACE as well.

I would disagree though that the wounding system is broken in ACE. It works great in many many cases. Perhaps there is still a conflict with Domination that causes it to not work as it should. I have seen this with a number of missions (wounding working completely different or broken due to something in the mission).

BTW, ACE works very nicely with DAC.

Bugfix release 3.23 available...

Accidentally I've replaced createVehicle with createVehicleLocal that caused a script error in the halo code. Fixed.

Sorry for that.

This will be the last Domination! update. It's time to move along and start with something completely different.

Download:

Domination! 3.23 Mission Pack

Enjoy!

Xeno

Hiho I guess I'm asking it in almost every version but I'll notice huge code changes in every release. biggrin_o.gif

I'm using 3.14 East but I've noticed other versions!? What's the latest version for vanilla arma?

Hiho again, I'm sorry to hear that this is the last Domination version sad_o.gif I hope you'll return with it in ArmA 2.

But maybe you can help me with my little problem? smile_o.gif

Open init.sqf, you'll find it smile_o.gif

Search for "d_veh_a_".

Xeno

Thanks for your genius maps for ArmA!

Hope to see your works in ArmA II biggrin_o.gif

Thank you iOnOs.

Without your great ArmAScript plugin for notepad++ it would have taken much longer. It makes ArmA scripting very comfortable.

For all others who haven't tried it yet, you can find it here:

ArmAScript by i0n0s

Xeno

Hello _Xeno_

I'm Clint from ~R3F~ (a French Team).

Our Team use a "Domination" on our public server by default and we love it !

You have made a big work with this Coop Missions and we thank you every day.

Best regards !

We Hope to see your works in ArmA II, too.

Hi Xeno.

Some time ago you told me how to move this mission into another island.

Well, now I'm working on this and I want to know two things:

1. What file (or files) need to be modified in order to change the side missions and hints. I know only about changes on init file.

2. What is the easiest method to obtein map coordenates.

Thanks.

PD: I´m working on Domination 3.14 Chilean mod over Podaga.

Xeno, could you help me about question 1?

Sorry to hear that you left your work on Domination.

This is the best game mode by far. notworthy.gif

1. What file (or files) need to be modified in order to change the side missions and hints. I know only about changes on init file.

You have to modify sm_positions in init.sqf and then in x_scripts modify x_getsidemission* and the x_side* files.

x_getsidemissionclient.sqf has all the hints.

Xeno

Open init.sqf, you'll find it smile_o.gif

Search for "d_veh_a_".

Xeno

Strange  crazy_o.gif I already added them there because I had some feeling to do it. But still there are no non-BIS-vehicles in the towns. Maybe it's the randomize factor that I won't have seen them, although it's very unlikely within a dozen of tests. sad_o.gif I'll keep an eye on it.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> d_veh_a_W = [

["M1Abrams"],

["Stryker_ICV_M2"],

["M113"],

["Vulcan"],

["HMMWV50"],

["HMMWVMK"],

["M2StaticMG","M2HD_mini_TriPod"],

["MK19_TriPod","Stinger_Pod","TOW_Tripod"],

["M119"],

["Truck5tRefuel"],

["Truck5tRepair"],

["Truck5tReammo"],

["VILAS_BRADLEY_06"],

["bds_M60A3"],

["GLT_HMMWV_AMBULANCE"],

["240GD"]

];

By the way ... Domination rocks, whatever version smile_o.gif Yesterday I flew continues bomb assaults using a F-117A (AGM65)  biggrin_o.gif Simply a great feeling.

Don't add it this way...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> d_veh_a_W = [

["M1Abrams"],

["Stryker_ICV_M2"],

["M113"],

["Vulcan"],

["HMMWV50"],

["HMMWVMK"],

["M119"],

["Truck5tRefuel"],

["Truck5tRepair"],

["Truck5tReammo"],

["VILAS_BRADLEY_06"],

["bds_M60A3"],

["GLT_HMMWV_AMBULANCE"],

["240GD"]

];

Do it that way wink_o.gif

["M1Abrams","bds_M60A3"],

["Stryker_ICV_M2"],

["M113","VILAS_BRADLEY_06"],

["Vulcan"],

["HMMWV50","GLT_HMMWV_AMBULANCE"],

["HMMWVMK","240GD"],

["M119"],

["Truck5tRefuel"],

["Truck5tRepair"],

["Truck5tReammo"]

];

Xeno

This will be the last Domination! update. It's time to move along and start with something completely different.

Enjoy!

Xeno

The end of an era, it's been a pleasure running your Domination missions on our server. We will continue for some time with this. Still the best Capture The Island Missions produced. Your a credit to the ArmA community _Xeno_.

We look forward to your next venture in missions.

From everyone at OGC.

Sorry to hear this is last one cos they are the best. Just one question i wanted to port to another island but yours is the only one that i cannot unpbo. is there a reason for this or am i doing it wrong. Good luck with future stuff cheers Rick