xeno

co30 Domination! One Team

Comment (aka add //) in line 1047 in x_scripts\x_setupplayer.sqf:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

FLAG_BASE addAction ["Teleport","dlg\teleport.sqf"];

About this, I succesfully deactivate the Flag Teleport, what about deactivate Mobile Respawn teleport?

1. TeamStatusDialog still shows coordinates in the old aann format instead of the new (and more correct) nnnnnn format.

Haven't checked the TeamStatusDialog with ACE yet.

2. Artillery smoke doesn't create viewblocks.

That should be easy to solve for the ACE version.

3. Not specifically in ACE, but... Would it be better to "drop ammocrate" using createVehicleLocal

If I find some time I'll try to implement something like this

4. And finally a request: A possibility where a player who check against an array of names is given an additional action "toggle vehicle lock".

Definately not before ArmA 2 wink_o.gif

Can I put two different soldier classes in the same role?

For example:

d_artillery = (

switch (d_own_side) do {

case "RACS": {"chile_SDboina_roja","chile_SWboina_roja"};

The code you use here is from a version before 3.12/3.14.

In the newer versions you'll find

d_artillery = ["OfficerG"];

So you can add as many types as you want:

d_artillery = ["chile_SDboina_roja","chile_SWboina_roja"];

Did it get added and if so, where is it coded? I want to have an enemy sky full of Hinds, Su34's and Kamovs! smile_o.gif

I guess I misunderstood you. What I've added is that you can specify more than one type now but the number that get spawned is still one (will add a new parameter for the number of planes/choppers that get spawned).

what is the best way to get coorinates to adjsut where something spawns....

Add a trigger in the editor, condition: true, on activation add the following:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

handle = [] spawn {while {true} do {player sideChat format ["pos: %1, dir: %2", position player, direction player];sleep 1.012}}

About this, I succesfully deactivate the Flag Teleport, what about deactivate Mobile Respawn teleport?

Simply search for all lines in x_scripts\x_setupplayer.sqf and comment or remove the lines that have the word "Teleport".

Xeno

Did it get added and if so, where is it coded? I want to have an enemy sky full of Hinds, Su34's and Kamovs! smile_o.gif

I guess I misunderstood you. What I've added is that you can specify more than one type now but the number that get spawned is still one (will add a new parameter for the number of planes/choppers that get spawned).

More that I didn't make myself clear. So I can have a single aircraft of more than one type ie, 1 Hind, 1 Sookie, 1 Ka 50 and 1 Ka 52 plus one of each MI17? Well, that's still what I call air superiority!

Whereabouts is the program line? I've printed out init but can't see it.

Ok so i am adding a few project RACS vehicles to this mission.

The issue i have is ive changed the bonus vehicle array to include our classnames.....

now the sidemission is complete but it does not give the "mission complete you recived "this" at your base" message.....

also how do i specify where the bonus helicopter appears at as opposed to the airplanes.....

all i have changed is the init per instructions in this thread....

PLEASE HELP!!!

http://pastebin.com/m270f9048

The index in the position array vehicle equals the index in the bonus vehicle array.

In your case the choppers do get spawned (I guess) but not at the airfield itself but in the base behind the airfield.

It will take the Stryker positions as those are index 0 and 1 in the position array.

Xeno

Just a release of an A.C.E. pre version... means only the A.C.E. version...

Changelog: 3.15pre

Quote[/b] ]

- changed AAHALO in the A.C.E. version, it now uses ACE Halo

- removed the depot from base, respawn location now surrounded by hesco walls

- merged the ACE changes into the base code

- merged CSLA code into the base code

- added HuntIR, Medical and Rucksack box in ACE version

- in the ACE version you'll see a black screen and don't hear anything when you die until you respawn

- it is now possible to spawn more than one enemy attack plane or chopper that will fly patrol over the main target (d_number_attack_choppers, d_number_attack_planes)

- had to fight against ACE sys wound player respawn handler to fix the teleport after respawn. ACE respawn handler adds an extra second to the respawn delay and allways calls a headbug fix after respawn delay plus extra second (adds again a few seconds)

- it is now possible to create more than one vehicle at a mobile respawn (in the ACE version you can create an ATV and a bicycle)

Download:

co@30 Domination! A.C.E. 3.15pre

Enjoy!

Xeno

Hi Xeno.

I like the changelog for the ACE version.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">- it is now possible to spawn more than one enemy attack plane or chopper that will fly patrol over the main target (d_number_attack_choppers, d_number_attack_planes)

Would be good to see that in a future AI version.

In init for my West AI 3.14 version, we have;

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// vehicle reload time factor (for the chopper and plane service area).

x_reload_time_factor = 4;

// vehicle reload... turn engine off (false = don't turn engine off)

d_reload_engineoff = false;

My flyboys report that as they fly their jets through the service point, the engine shuts off and they can just about get it restarted in time to get airborne again so effecting a 'rolling fix and rearm'.

I changed the second variable to false as you see above hoping that their engines wouldn't be shut down during this manoeuvre, but they report that they still are. My change appears to have no effect.

Also, how does the reload_time_ factor work? what effect does it have and what are the acceptable ranges for this variable?

Many thanks for a great mission and happy new year to you and yours!

Would be good to see that in a future AI version.

Oh, you can do that allready now wink_o.gif

DePbo the new A.C.E. version, copy the mission.sqm file from the AI version in the A.C.E. folder, edit x_setup.sqf in the main mission folder so that it matches the AI version, run setupcopy.bat once and you have the "upgraded" AI version. smile_o.gif

Ok, a little bit more, you have to copy the new hesco walls from the A.C.E. version, mabye move the "base_spawn_1" marker a little bit and delete the old depot. But that's it.

I will check the reload stuff again.

Xeno

Hi Xeno,

Thank you again for a new edit. changing co@30_Domination_3_15pre_West_ACE.Sara to co@30_Domination_3_15pre_West_ACE_AI.Sara was very easy and so far works very well.

You have changed something which fixed the sidechat bug in the 3.14 ACE AI version where every shot you fire, your team fires, or shots fired at you are printed in sidechat.

This no longer appears, thanks that was a bit of a pain to read players text under fire.

what a brilliant map. we have played domination almost to death now, and then ACE comes along, you shoot a new life into it.

regarding the multi air over targets, thats just simply awesome. thanks.

many regards./

Your_mum

A second pre release of the A.C.E. version (sorry for that wink_o.gif)

This version should fix the "players join as seagull" bug. I've removed the A.C.E. ammocrate and replaced it with standard ArmA crates. They still get filled with all A.C.E. weapons and ammunition but only locally on the client.

Download:

co@30 Domination! A.C.E. 3.15pre2

Enjoy!

Xeno

A third pre release of the A.C.E. version (sorry for that again wink_o.gif)

This version fixes the bug that medics or other players couldn't help wounded players.

This is because ace sys network uses onPlayerConnected. If a mission maker uses onPlayerConnected too in his mission it overwrites onPlayerConnected in the addon, means, it can only be used once. As it seems ace sys wound relies on some things that onPlayerConnected in ace sys network uses.

Took me some time to find the heart of the problem.

Calling the ace sys network function with the mission onPlayerConnected fixed it:

onPlayerConnected "[_name,_id] call ace_sys_network_fOpc;[] exec ""x_scripts\x_serverOPC.sqf""";

Download:

co@30 Domination! A.C.E. 3.15pre3

Enjoy and a happy new year!

Xeno

Oh, sorry Fangschuss.

Shortly after the fix I've copied the wrong script that updates JIP players into the mission folder and packed this version again.

Please redownload pre3 or download pre4.

Download:

co@30 Domination! A.C.E. 3.15pre4

Xeno

Xeno,

If I've done this;

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">d_veh_a_E = [

["T72","T90ERAwd"],

Should I be making appropriate changes to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">d_vehicle_numbers_guard = [

[[1,1], 2], // tanks

(as well as _static and _patrol)

d_vehicle_numbers_guard here means (I think) between 1 and 1 groups of tanks (in other words, guaranteed 1 group) of MBTs with two tanks in the group.

I've got T72's *and T90's*. So, will that be one group of each, or one group with a combination of the two types?

A third pre release of the A.C.E. version (sorry for that again wink_o.gif)

This version fixes the bug that medics or other players couldn't help wounded players.

This is because ace sys network uses onPlayerConnected. If a mission maker uses onPlayerConnected too in his mission it overwrites onPlayerConnected in the addon, means, it can only be used once. As it seems ace sys wound relies on some things that onPlayerConnected in ace sys network uses.

Took me some time to find the heart of the problem.

Calling the ace sys network function with the mission onPlayerConnected fixed it:

onPlayerConnected "[_name,_id] call ace_sys_network_fOpc;[] exec ""x_scripts\x_serverOPC.sqf""";

Enjoy and a happy new year!

Xeno

As mentioned in my reply PM last week, ACE Provides a framework for onPlayerConnected calls.

It's like XEH, except that we don't use 'read from config' but from arrays with code:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">  if (isNil "ace_sys_network_OPC") then { ace_sys_network_OPC = [] };    // OnPlayerConnected Code array to execute after player connected

if (isNil "ace_sys_network_OPD") then { ace_sys_network_OPD = [] };    // OnPlayerDisConnected Code array to execute after a player is recognized

All you have to do is:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ace_sys_network_OPC = ace_sys_network_OPC + [{ /* The Code to Execute */}]

The same counts for OPD.

Even though ace might do without an OPC or OPD system, we feel that providing a framework that can be tapped into by others, is a good step towards solving compatibility issues.

Though it might belong better in a unified XEH, XDEH and OPC/OPD system.

Quote[/b] ]This version should fix the "players join as seagull" bug. I've removed the A.C.E. ammocrate and replaced it with standard ArmA crates. They still get filled with all A.C.E. weapons and ammunition but only locally on the client.
How is the feedback on this? Does it indeed help?

We have a lot of Seagull join issues with Battle Center, and we have even bigger crates than available in A.C.E.

What we have found is that rejoining without disconnect usually goes fine, but rejoining by disconnecting and reconnecting (WITHOUT restarting the game) can result in join as seagull.

The mission respawn type is set to Base.

A side Note; I've been working hard in moving most of the pre init to post init eh's in ACE, meaning that for JIP Players, there's a lot less load during joining, though a bit more load later on, but at least, if the big load could be a cause for spawning as seagull, it should now be worked around; should be available in the next ACE Update.

All you have to do is:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ace_sys_network_OPC = ace_sys_network_OPC + [{ /* The Code to Execute */}]

The same counts for OPD.

Sorry to say, that doesn't work. Tried it allready yesterday, even with ace_sys_network_OPCB. Have tested it in other missions, it's a nogo.

onPlayerConnected and onPlayerDisconnected simply doesn't belong into an addon.

Quote[/b] ]This version should fix the "players join as seagull" bug.
How is the feedback on this? Does it indeed help?

We have a lot of Seagull join issues with Battle Center, and we have even bigger crates than available in A.C.E.

Had no complains lately. Let's knock on wood.

A side Note; I've been working hard in moving most of the pre init to post init eh's in ACE, meaning that for JIP Players, there's a lot less load during joining, though a bit more load later on, but at least, if the big load could be a cause for spawning as seagull, it should now be worked around; should be available in the next ACE Update.

Good to hear smile_o.gif

Another thing would be to start one script that initializes player and server scripts instead of running multiple scripts for different addons, just an idea.

Xeno

Quote[/b] ]Sorry to say, that doesn't work. Tried it allready yesterday, even with ace_sys_network_OPCB. Have tested it in other missions, it's a nogo.

onPlayerConnected and onPlayerDisconnected simply doesn't belong into an addon.

We'll look into it.

I disagree with your last statement; this, and in general any, framework that allows everyone else to tap into it, belongs in an addon, but should rather be generalized and accepted, hence that it belongs with XEH and alike wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Had no complains lately. Let's knock on wood.
Thanks, i'm gonna do some tests with this aswell then, if it fixes the problem it's gonna make a lot of players very happy.
Quote[/b] ]Another thing would be to start one script that initializes player and server scripts instead of running multiple scripts for different addons, just an idea.
It would defeat the component structure, and to my knowledge shouldn't really make a difference.

Compiling scripts and functions once, just-in-time instead of at init, could imo be a better option, and optimizing by reducing the amount of processing where possible.

Cheers for the Feedback.

Xeno, I'm having problems with server load.

Basically, after two hours or so, the server grinds to a halt with lots of desynch and red/yellow chains of death. I turned civilians off and that helped a little.

I'm pretty sure this is due to dead body removal, or lack of it.

In Somato last night, I killed a shocking number of AI on the main north/south road and the more dead bodies piled up there, the worse the performance got.

Can you tell me if I can improve this by having the mission remove dead bodies?

I'm playing 3.15 beta West AI with a couple of mods, RKSL Lynx and Puma plus Marijus' T90.

Thanks for a wonderful mission. ArmA would be history for me if it wasn't for you!

Tanky -Paul-

PS Have you had a chance to have a look at my question above regarding d_veh_a_E ?

edit; yeah, happened again. after 2 hours, loads of desynch lag and warp, cant mount vehicles etc. 2 out of the 4 players quit and after a minute, it recovered.

Xeno, I have a simple question. I'm playing the West AI version. I've cleared the "primary mission" city and at one point I completed a side mission of destroying a convoy.

Neither time did I get a "mission complete" message. Does your mission give one? I also didn't know how to get a new side mission. I think one eventually occurred after a set period of time.

can you clarify this for me?

A delayed happy new year, been very busy lately, with ACE biggrin_o.gif

@Xeno, a couple of suggestions:

1. Even with d_limit_weapons turned off, is it possible to limit certain weapons anyway, both in amount, available ammo, and to class? I mean, have you ever seen 20 players go amok (incl me, I guess I started it biggrin_o.gif) using nothing but M109s? That's *twice* the caliber of of the old M107, with ammo different than ordinary ball. M109 and M82A1 should be severely limited and only available to the heavy sniper, but also M107 should be somewhat limited to only sniper.

2. How about this idea; main mission targets occupied by russian forces and their equipment/classes. Side missions occupied by different types of resistance and opfor depending on mathing uniforms to the terrain or whatever.

3. Rambo style artillery operators is starting to get at me on public servers. Immature players constantly shelling with artillery, even before we get there, leaving a shitload of destruction making it impossible as infantryman to survive since fallen trees doesn't have viewblock for the AI. How about the following idea to counter this: Any squad leader can request firesupport as long as he or someone alive in his team has radio. The "request firesupport" message is played on all clients with added text to show grid and ammunition. Now it is up to others to object to this. Artillery operator has 30 seconds to forward the request in proper form. After that, he may not call for destructive artillery until a new order is recieved. Artillery operator has to carry radio to recieve the request and to forward the order, or use the radio in the MHQ. I have artillery request sound you can use which is played only for the artillery operator; takes a while ("adjust system aided", so a little data within the order). Shot and Splash are recieved by all players. I have some of this in already.

4. I'm not sure if this in already in ACE, but provide IR Strobes to all players or the weapons crate if it is possible.

5. Require the players to have the ACE map object on him to be able to read the map. Again, I haven't found this object yet, but I've played on serious missions where this feature was implemented somehow. Shouldn't be any restrictions on this, would scare away new players. I wish ACE had something similar for the GPS feature; no GPS item, no GPS in game.

6. Not tested the latest versions yet, but Parachute Pack should be a required inventory item before doing a HALO jump.

7. Too much stuff to choose from (man, that just sounds wrong, luxury problem, huh? biggrin_o.gif) in the crate. Divide the base crate contents into different categories such as;

* rifles, sniper, and sidearms

* grenades (incl M203 and HuntIR Flares)

* equipment (packs, parachutes, radios, HuntIR monitors)

* supression (MGs, SAW)

* medical? kind of important because you always drop the meds.

* heavy weapons (M2HB items, other mounted weapons)

There are some really good icon markers found in ACE that can be used for this without needing text. createVehicleLocal and createMarkerLocal are great here I think?

8. Constantly strip the MASH for medical supplies: Many of these items doesn't work yet anyways. Besides, what is needed could be found in the medical supply crate. MASH should only provide the healing that the medic does (heal at).

9. Make use of the new markers and colors, they're awesome!! If player markers are off, I think squad/team markers should still show (without the name and direction, maybe just a letter to illustrate the squad). I also suggest using the 'icon' variants for all vehicles since they doesn't reflect friendly "forces".

10. From MHQs, only bicycles should be created; hoping for less IR signature, less easy to be stopped. From base, only motorcycles. From jumpflag, for the poor people left behind, the ATV should be available. Important to have this backup option if they would require parachute in order to use the HALO feature.

Just my, ehh, ten cents biggrin_o.gif

Bug report ACE Domi pre4

Bravo squad spawn's as Seagull,

alot of Mi17 grounded east of Monte Liberacion (out of fuel?), a side mission close to this position.

BlackSheep

@Xeno:

I have serious problems implementing (and understanding) the ACE respawn stuff. I'm still based on heavily modified 3.09. I've copied the "some ACE client stuff" from init.sqf, and replaced all content in x_dlg folder (teleporting seems to work). But upon respawning I am moved in several locations near the spawn point and I respawn in "2 seconds". All my modding has been based on the revive version, but using revive wouldn't get me ACE actions back so I'm now back to "normal" mode.

Also, where did you find information about the ACE variables you set in init.cfg? I want to impose limits to how many times you can respawn based on the number of targets left. After that the player should respawn as seagull or have to rejoin to open up the unit again for normal play.

Can you tell me if I can improve this by having the mission remove dead bodies?

The mission does allready remove dead bodies (and deletes empty groups too). The internal FIFO keeps the last 30 bodies/vehicles and if the number of dead bodies gets higher it will remove the first killed units until it reaches 30 again.

[[1,1], 2]

d_vehicle_numbers_guard here means (I think) between 1 and 1 groups of tanks (in other words, guaranteed 1 group) of MBTs with two tanks in the group.

Correct.

I've got T72's *and T90's*. So, will that be one group of each, or one group with a combination of the two types?

No, it's not a combination. It will take only one vehicle type for a group (which makes more sense).

edit; yeah, happened again. after 2 hours, loads of desynch lag and warp, cant mount vehicles etc. 2 out of the 4 players quit and after a minute, it recovered.

Might be your addons, just a guess.

Neither time did I get a "mission complete" message. Does your mission give one? I also didn't know how to get a new side mission. I think one eventually occurred after a set period of time.

If you solve a sidemission or clear the main target then it should immediately end both and after some time you get a new sidemission (sidemission can take some minutes) or a new main target. Which version was that ?

But upon respawning I am moved in several locations near the spawn point and I respawn in "2 seconds".

That's a problem in the ACE code. The player entity gets put in an invisible headbug vehicle about two seconds after respawn. I've fixed it in one of the pre version, download the latest version.

Code from open.sqf:

ace_respawn_fix = false;

[] spawn {

waitUntil {vehicle player != player};

waitUntil {vehicle player == player};

sleep 1.6;

ace_respawn_fix = true;

};

Also, where did you find information about the ACE variables you set in init.cfg?

DePbo ace_sys_respawn.pbo wink_o.gif

Xeno

Final 3.15 A.C.E. version available.

Changes since 3.15pre4:

Quote[/b] ]

- in the A.C.E. version the artillery operators (Rescue and Rescue2) are only able to call in artillery strikes when they have the AN/PRC-77 radio. Otherwise the action menu entry will get removed

- fixed, the nice A.C.E. vehicle explosion effects didn't work because if a vehicle got destroyed it was deleted immediately and then replaced by a new destroyed vehicle

- reduced the content of the ammo crates, now only west weapons in the A.C.E. version are available. The ammunition for M109 and Javelin is reduced too

- Should be fixed, destroyed Mi17 were lying near Monte Liberacion

All changes since 3.14:

Quote[/b] ]

- in the A.C.E. version the artillery operators (Rescue and Rescue2) are only able to call in artillery strikes when they have the AN/PRC-77 radio. Otherwise the action menu entry will get removed

- fixed, the nice A.C.E. vehicle explosion effects didn't work because if a vehicle got destroyed it was deleted immediately and then replaced by a new destroyed vehicle

- reduced the content of the ammo crates, now only west weapons in the A.C.E. version are available. The ammunition for M109 and Javelin is reduced too

- Should be fixed, destroyed Mi17 were lying near Monte Liberacion

- replaced the A.C.E. ammo crates with standard ArmA crates, the ArmA crates get now filled localy with weapons and ammunition on each client

- changed AAHALO in the A.C.E. version, it now uses ACE Halo

- removed the depot from base, respawn location now surrounded by hesco walls

- merged the ACE changes into the base code

- merged CSLA code into the base code

- added HuntIR, Medical and Rucksack box in ACE version

- in the ACE version you'll see a black screen and don't hear anything when you die until you respawn

- it is now possible to spawn more than one enemy attack plane or chopper that will fly patrol over the main target (d_number_attack_choppers, d_number_attack_planes)

- had to fight against ACE sys wound player respawn handler to fix the teleport after respawn. ACE respawn handler adds an extra second to the respawn delay and allways calls a headbug fix after respawn delay plus extra second (adds again a few seconds)

- it is now possible to create more than one vehicle at a mobile respawn (in the ACE version you can create an ATV and a bicycle)

This is only the A.C.E. version. The complete package will be updated when P85 is available.

Download:

co@30 Domination! A.C.E. 3.15

Enjoy!

Xeno