xeno

co30 Domination! One Team

Hi Xeno only just realised this great mission pack!

Rest of the clan were on to me to add it to our servers!  biggrin_o.gif

One quick question (sry aint got time to read through the 40 pages)  smile_o.gif

When we start Schmalfelden version of Domination-nothing seems to happen at the start?

No objectives etc.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

EDIT:-

Hmm seems it wouldnt start when i went on,on my own?

But when few other clan members tried it first objective started ok!

ck smile_o.gif

Btw the 'High Mountains' mission is great fun! pistols.gif

Hope you reconsider to release the latest Domination. The "1.15 when" threads seems to becoming closed quickly so I frankly doesn't expect any 1.15 to arrive anytime soon. sad_o.gif

Btw, is there any memory limits/problems that prevents us from adding in the other cities, towns, and base areas as main tagrets? Or would this work just fine?

Hi Xeno, I've started modding the Domination 3.09. Now I've got some questions  biggrin_o.gif

I would like to spawn more than 1 AI plane/chopper for the main target. How can I extend the attack?

There is a bug in the side mission with the officer near Benoma (side mission index 49 I guess). The officer can't be captured. Do you have a fix for that?

Edit:

The chopper markers drive me crazy! I've changed the number of choppers up to 5. Chopper 3 is now a ch-47, chopper 4 was changed to uh-60 cargolifter and chopper 5 is uh-60 medevac. The markers work fine except for the chopper 4 (cargolifter) sad_o.gif . The cargo lifter is called ch4, the marker is named chopper4. The marker class has been changed to AirTeam. I've altered line 15 of the x_setvehiclemarker.sqf to for "_i" from 1 to 5 do {

but the marker of chopper 4 is totally pinned to the medevac. So the medevac is using the cargolifter marker crazy_o.gif It's weird, so I hope you've got an idea where the problem could be.

Just re-read your changelog again, and...

Quote[/b] ]removed the "bring back a truck to base" main target mission

Why? I and others in my clan have driven these back and tried to make advantage of whatever small vehicle was rewarded. If anything, I'd like more secondary objectives at main target missions smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]- fixed the "kill the officer" main target mission

What was wrong with it? I don't _think_ I've had any issues with this other than they are stationary. In my version they have a dismissed waypoint (also another thing needs to be fied before this will work, can't remember what or where).

Quote[/b] ]- removed the "Choose Parachute Location" action from the flag at base again (can still be activated by setting d_para_at_base to true in init.sqf). Makes the MHQ more important again.

I agree. Not only is the paradropping too convenient, it is also very buggy when dropping over hilly terrain, by ejecting from the chute too high over ground resulting in injuries.

However, some means of transport should exist by late joiners. Suggestions:

1. For teleporting purposes in the base, use a deployed MHQ. This establishes a relationship between a deployed MHQ and the teams MHQs for teleporting purposes. Same vehicle, same possibilities. The base MHQ should also be able to spawn motorcycles, one of the new possibilities to get around.

2. For respawning, use the Warfare Barracks building.

Both of the above makes it possible to arrive in an occupied base without getting spawn- and tele-killed by AI. I *really really really* hate that biggrin_o.gif Spawn and teleport to inside the tent area. Maybe setup some sandbags to prevent assholes from covering up all the exits.

3. In the city areas (I'm also using small villages and places as main targets, 63 in total), place civilian cars etc which the player can use.

I think ECS uses techniques to attach stuff to buildings, regarding the points below.

4. By startup script, attach an action to all gas stations, where you can "steal" a motorcycle or car.

5. By startup script, attach an action to all bus stations, where you can "fast travel" by bus (see Warfare mission for "annoying" animation biggrin_o.gif) to other bus stations (which isn't too near the main target area).

Using these, you allow the player to get around but it takes some ekstra work. But it still allows the Parajumping feature to be removed which is just too convenient. Some method of getting around should be available to late joiners I think.

Edit: Came to think of new possibilities.

1. Instead of MHQ being useable as is, why not limit it to when it has been deployed. I.e. only respawn and teleport at deployed MHQ. If I remember correctly, a deployed MHQ will be targeted, so I'm not sure if it would ruin the game too much.

2. How about using multiple round artillery, say 3 HE rounds and 2 DPICM rounds. But the waiting will increase to at about 10-12 minutes. Illumination should last for quite some time, say 4 minutes to be useful. But after illumination round time is reduced to 4-6 minute waiting time. There is too much HE being used, and illumination fires at night isn't too useful due to its short duration. Also multiple flares at each point to make it a lot stronger. I'm currently implementing a copperhead round to the artillery system, but only my Delta Blackops Spotter/RTO is able to guide it (only laser designator in my platoon setup).

A little status update (haven't touched ArmA for allmost three weeks...). These are the current changes since 3.09:

Quote[/b] ]

- better handling for adding "Incoming" eventhandler in versions != Mando

- references to arrays do now get removed as soon as possible for better memory handling

- fixed a typo in x_bike.sqf

- added option d_lock_ai_armor, d_lock_ai_car, d_lock_ai_air. If set to true enemy AI vehicles will get locked (default = false)

- wreck markers get now transfered to JIP players

- mash and mg nest markers of disconnected player get now deleted (the abandoned mashes and mg nests too)

- replaced the wreck chopper with the UH60 MG/MI17 MG again. Instead you'll get a welcome message when entering a chopper as pilot that tells you what kind of chopper it is (welcome message can be disabled by setting d_show_chopper_welcome to false in init.sqf).

- added a chopper lift hud (to turn it of set d_show_chopper_hud to false in init.sqf)

- increased the wreck lift height

- fixed a bug in the creation of civilians

- fixed the side missions where you have to rescue civilians and hostages at main targets

- removed more vehicle inits

- removed the "Choose Parachute Location" action from the flag at base again (can still be activated by setting d_para_at_base to true in init.sqf). Makes the MHQ more important again.

- replaced the 5to trucks for the engineers with Warfare salvage trucks

- fixed a bug in the getin handler for the engineer salvage trucks (now only engineers can drive such a truck in versions != AI)

- ammo/humvee drops are more accurate now

- engineers can now analyze a vehicle before repairing/refuelling (they see a hint with the vehicle status and estimated repair time)

- engineers can now only repair and refuel a vehicle once. They have to go back to base to restore their repair and refuel capabilities (if they have a salvage truck near them (< 20 m) then they can repair and refuel more than one vehicle)

- it is now possible to specify more than one type of enemy vehicle that will get spawned. For example, if you want T72 and T90 on enemy side just change the first element of d_veh_a_E from ["T72"] to ["T72","ike_t90shtora"] (randomly chosen which type will spawn)

- added more warfare static weapons

- reworked placing of static weapons from engineer salvage trucks. You now get a preview mode (static object is created with createVehicleLocal) to place the object exactly where you want it.

- removed the "bring back a truck to base" main target mission

- fixed the "kill the officer" main target mission

- fixed a bug where enemy paratroopers could still jump over an allready cleared main target

- if d_arti_check_for_friendlies is set to true in init.sqf (now default) a check for friendlies near the artillery target will be done and no artillery strike will be executed if you fire HE or DPICM

- added a welcome message to some special vehicles (currently mobile respawns and engineer salvage trucks). Can be disabled by setting d_show_vehicle_welcome to false in init.sqf.

- fixed a bug that removed all static objects of the same kind in an engineer truck when one weapon was unloaded

- randomly spawned civilians get now created in some cities, if a player is near that city (busses, cars, pedestrian, disabled by default, you can enable it by setting d_create_civilian to true in init.sqf)

- there's now a support building near jet/chopper service and wreck repair point. If the corresponding building is destroyed, you are not able to service or repair vehicles. Engineers can rebuild the support building (takes some time).

- fixed the position of the player ammobox at base (sometimes it could get moved a few meters away from the correct position)

- fixed a small bug in x_water.sqf

- fixed the name of the recruit hut marker in the AI versions (didn't get drawn)

- added d_no_para_at_all variable in init.sqf. If set to true you want get any parajump flags at cleared main targets and base.

- integrated the uhao version into the base code

- it is now possible to build different versions in one version. For example, change d_version from [] (default version) to ["REVIVE","MANDO"] to get a version with revive and mando stuff

- removed the Team Status action menu entry. You now have a new button in the status dialog (Show Status) for the Team Status Dialog

- added a small map to the Status Dialog. It is now possible to show the main target or sidemission position in that map by clicking on the caption "Main Target:" or "Side Mission:"

- added a dialog with a map control for the parajump feature. The dialog shows up as soon as you choose the "(Choose Parachute Location)" action menu.

- it is now possible to change the number of vehicles/soldiers and groups in init.sqf that get spawned at main targets (maximum number of groups, minimum number of groups that get spawned and the number of vehicles per group)

- ruins of spawned buildings now get correctly deleted after some time

- you have now to solve the main target sidemission also to clear a main target

- added a Warfare depot at base where the player respawns. Makes it a little bit safer now.

- you now have to specify some basic settings (own side for example) in the macro file x_setup.sqf (use setupcopy.bat to copy the file into other mission folders)

- changed the AI recruit hut to Warfare barracks in the AI version

- you now get sidemission bonus vehicles after you've cleared a main target. For resolving a sidemission you get the previous main target bonus vehicles.

- the chance for an enemy counterattack is much higher now if you do not solve sidemissions. This also affects the number of attacking groups and vehicles.

- rewrite of the respawn and teleport dialog, does now get updated every second as long as the dialog is open

- brought back the Two Teams coop version

- fixed a bug in the arrest sidemission

- added terrain slope fix in revive versions

- added Spooners and Lokis cool light effect for radio towers at sidemissions (can be turned off)

- many internal script changes because of the Two Teams version

- and like allways many more things that I've allready forgotten

Other mission changes...

- fixed getin message in Sahrani Battle

- added missing char animation in Sahrani Battle

- EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA NEW bonus missions: co33 Revenge (with revive), co35 Red Alert 1, co35 Red Alert 2 (with revive), co17 Wings of Steel, co18 Southern Comfort (with revive), co18 Green Holidays (with revive) and co16 Leviathan Rising (with revive) EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA

- co20 High Mountains updated

Maybe I'll think about waiting for the (never coming wink_o.gif) patch.

Xeno

Xeno, any reason for not releasing this?

Ditto mate the guys are chomping at the bit to get hold of this.

Xeno,

Suggestions, mostly to do with spawn/mhq.

I know you can turn off the parajump function and personally I'm in favour of that. The MHQ should be more important, but perhaps instead of turning it off, we could make it much more inaccurate to discourage it's use, or maybe reintroduce random parachute failures.

A The MHQ can only carry it's driver. It would be nice to have a few passenger slots.

I'd like artillery to be restricted to arty operators or people in the MHQ.

I know you can turn off the parajump function and personally I'm in favour of that. The MHQ should be more important, but perhaps instead of turning it off, we could make it much more inaccurate to discourage it's use, or maybe reintroduce random parachute failures.

Well, ArmA currently has that "parachute failure" system, it's also called a bug wink_o.gif Though adding random parachute failures again is no problem.

A The MHQ can only carry it's driver. It would be nice to have a few passenger slots.

Not possible with Warfare MHQs. The problem is, they have only one slot, the driver slot. But you can do it yourself. Just replace the MHQ with whatever vehicle you want and update the array of types that can be lifted by a chopper.

I'd like artillery to be restricted to arty operators or people in the MHQ.

Only in the AI version all players can use artillery. In all other versions it is restricted to arti operators.

@Delta99

Release will be when it's done smile_o.gif. I haven't done any test playing and there are still some bugs that I want to fix first.

Reintroducing the Two Teams versioin needed a complete rewrite of the code (all versions including the TT version have the same code basis).

Xeno

Well, ArmA currently has that "parachute failure" system, it's also called a bug wink_o.gif Though adding random parachute failures again is no problem.

Xeno

Xeno,

Thanks for replying. It's a bit embarrassing as I was one of the guys who asked for more reliable parachute to be now asking for us to step backwards. Is the failure probability still in the code or did you take it out completely?

As he writes in the changelog, which btw is now looking scarily huge for a mission modder like myself biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]- removed the "Choose Parachute Location" action from the flag at base again (can still be activated by setting d_para_at_base to true in init.sqf). Makes the MHQ more important again.

@Xeno:

I'm not able to test how well the gridref function in default Domination works right now, but if it doesn't work in the team status dialog, it should be compiled in such a way that it does. I know this was an issue earlier.

But the reason I'm mentioning this function is because of this thread: GridRefCoords.sqf

If you update (if it hasn't been done already that is) with this code, also Schmalfelden and many others will give the correct readouts.

Also, the new heavily updated revive system by Norrin, would be a blast to have within Domination. I know the Dominations revive is custom implemented, so I don't expect this to be a trivial job to do or test.

Revive script thread, latest development.

Oh lastly, I beg you to include some changed default parameters for ECS players. The most annoying one is that we never have the same weather as those playing without it, since ECS dynamic weather overrules the built in weather. I know we have some benefits as well though.

I'm not able to test how well the gridref function in default Domination works right now, but if it doesn't work in the team status dialog, it should be compiled in such a way that it does. I know this was an issue earlier.

Never heard of that before.

Also, the new heavily updated revive system by Norrin, would be a blast to have within Domination. I know the Dominations revive is custom implemented, so I don't expect this to be a trivial job to do or test.

What exactly are you missing ?

I've implemented some more "advanced" code handling in my own revive version (btw... if you look closely into norrins revive scripts you'll find my name in some of the scripts wink_o.gif)

Oh lastly, I beg you to include some changed default parameters for ECS players.

As I'm not an ECS user and don't even have ECS anymore it's hard for me to know what exactly has to be changed or added.

Edit...

Have tested the TT (Two Teams) version tonight and only found some really stupid PEBKAC bugs so far. Really enjoyed playing a TT version after one year again. Team Coop means one team fights against the other but only for points. The goal is not to kill members of the other team (you'll loose points for that) but to get as much points as possible for killing AI enemies or solving a sidemission. smile_o.gif

Xeno

Have tested the TT (Two Teams) version tonight and only found some really stupid PEBKAC bugs so far. Really enjoyed playing a TT version after one year again. Team Coop means one team fights against the other but only for points. The goal is not to kill members of the other team (you'll loose points for that) but to get as much points as possible for killing AI enemies or solving a sidemission. smile_o.gif

Been waiting for this one to be released.... This mission was excellent and one the top mission played at the OGN CTF server.....

Hope to see this released real soon..... keep up the good work m8

Contrary to previous releases I'm releasing a beta version.

The download includes the following versions:

- West beta4

- West AI beta4

- West Revive beta4

- Two Teams beta4

Changes since the last changelog update:

- fixed a small bug in the backpack stuff

- updated Dr. Eyeballs TeamStatus Dialog to version 1.3

- fixed remaining bugs

Download:

Domination! West 3.12 Beta 4 package

Would be nice if some of you could test it and report bugs that you've found smile_o.gif

Xeno

Uploaded on =FoW= Server

First bug report from

co30_Domination_3_12_West_R_b4

- Vehicles (Choppers/MHq's) can't drop Ammocrates

Error message

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Error in expression < "RACS": {"WeaponBoxGuer"};

case "WEST" {"WeaponBoxEast"};

case "WEST": {"Weapon>

Error position: <{"WeaponBoxEast"};

case "WEST": {"Weapon>

Error Fehlendes;

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Sara\x_scripts\x_dropammobox.sqf, line 33

hello xeno,

the new domination (5) looks great so far. i dont have many on my server, (DROID103) although we will give it the usual friday night, sat morn to sat after noon testing <grin>. i do love arma.

I have been running a 'slightly' modded version of 3.09 east AI for a few months now and has been the most stable map i have played. I and the players on server love it, basically i want to say thanks for sitting up coding these buggers. As i have been through almost every line and it looks like a HUGE job. Well not looks like, just IS.

as these maps are beta, is there a possibility of an East version ?

Great Job Xeno. the guys down here in melbourne will love you for it im sure.

Regards,

your_mum

---------------

edit after a few hours..

still a great mission, i crawled whole way very slowly using arty and M24 as i went, took out all crews and vehicles bar the BMP-2 in the picture, and set upon the KAMOV with some 'friendly fire'. i was hoping to land an AH-1Z as a bonus prize, but this popped up. kindve a bonus i guess wink_o.gif

code errorarma15novslimbg8.jpg

--

PS forgot to say it was co30_Domination_3_12_West_AI_b5.Sara

no mods.

PPS i got the BMP back home, no casualties, 50+ points, nailed the 2 bmp's near the end of the airport for bonus, 3 hours with a banged up leg, awesome fun..

Thanks for the report, your_mom.

I'll fix it as soon as I'm home from work.

Maybe someone else finds some other bugs too smile_o.gif

Xeno

Thx Xeno

Some bugs form b5 Revive version

- Teleport via mr1 + mr2 to base ends up on respawn island

- Call Support >> Vehilce drop , chopper drops nothing and cycles over drop zone  

- Sidemissionwinner.sqf also reported by your_mum

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Error in expression <lineBreak,lineBreak,

_bonus_string

];

} else {

_s = (

switch (side_mission_winne>

Error position: <else {

_s = (

switch (side_mission_winne>

Error else: Typ Zeichenfolge, erwartet code

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Sara\x_scripts\x_sidemissionwinner.sqf, line 35

Once again a very good mission  notworthy.gif

Addons in Domination; I know this has been asked before, but I'm damned if I can find it, and I have read all 42 pages of this thread.

I'd like to have a some T90's spawn in main and side missions, in addition to the T72's.

I'd like to have the wreck recovery helicopter being a chinook.

How do I go about doing this? I know about having the addons installed and all that, I just can't figure out how to edit the mission to put them in game.

Also, not addons, I want to have more than one of each OPFOR aircraft over main mission. We should be able to have 2 Kamovs, 2 Mi 17's, and so on and so forth. How do we do that?

Last question, which I sort of answered myself earlier in the thread, but now cannot make work. How do I rename the mission in the mission list AND on the startup intro movie?

Thanks for the reports.

New beta6 available:

Download:

Domination! West 3.12 Beta 6 package

Changelog:

- Teleport via mr1 + mr2 to base ends up on respawn island

Fixed, wrong marker chosen

- Call Support >> Vehilce drop , chopper drops nothing and cycles over drop zone

Fixed, wrong droppos distance

- Sidemissionwinner.sqf also reported by your_mum

Fixed, forgot to remove a semicolon

@your_mum

All other versions will be available again in the final release.

I'd like to have a some T90's spawn in main and side missions, in addition to the T72's.

Starting with 3.12 you can specify what kind of (enemy) vehicles get spawned.

Take a look in init.sqf at d_veh_a_E or d_veh_a_W. It's now possible to add more vehicles (string array).

I'd like to have the wreck recovery helicopter being a chinook.

Open the mission in the ArmA editor and replace the chopper with whatever chopper you want.

I want to have more than one of each OPFOR aircraft over main mission.

Not possible yet, I'll add that for the final release.

How do I rename the mission in the mission list AND on the startup intro movie?

In the ArmA editor left click in info box on the upper right corner, then simply rename the mission.

For the intro movie open up x_scripts\x_intro.sqf wink_o.gif

Xeno

Wreck Chopper cant' lift wrecks (Ah1,AV8)

Thank you, Fangschuss, for all your reports. Will look into this.

Xeno