xeno

co30 Domination! One Team

hello xeno,

thanks for some great new features.

I have been chasing a bug since beta7 in [domination east AI]. and wonder if anyone else can reproduce it ?.

I was editing standard west into a east AI version with mandos. when i first saw the error. i run a perpetual server with domination. i thought it was my shonky coding but then saw the same error in 3.12 and 3.14 in any of the AI versions

I can reproduce it when i join a map as 1-1-A Team alpha soldier, then create some AI, then ill exit to lobby or exit game. have dinner and re-join as 1-1-B or anyone else, Exit, Rejoin as 1-1-A. and bam this error comes up..

screeniesdec26006agj2.jpg

this error is reproducible in co30_Domination_3_14_West_AI.Sara, co30_Domination_3_14_East_AI.Sara, and a simply modded co30_Domination_3_14_West_ACE.Sara with AI added via x_setup.sqf.

so to sum up. as im just back from retesting it..it occurs not just with 1-1-A

1 . join as soldier slot X

2 . create some AI

3 . exit to lobby rejoin as soldier Y

4 . you will see the AI left from slot X

5 . exit to lobby and rejoin as soldier X

6 . onjoining as soldier X you see errors.. you have no 'show status menu'. and if you die you end up on Parvulo Bb08.

it is an error that has perplexed me for some weeks, other than that i cant find any others in this brilliant mission.

can anyone else confirm this error ?

regards./

your_mum

Replace line 420 in x_setupplayer.sqf with

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

} forEach _units;

It's a bug, indeed, but it only concerns the AI versions.

Xeno

thanks xeno, your great but you already know that :P

thanks for all your help along the way, we are a small server so use AI lots, you rippa! now i can fix the other versions too,

one more question while i have your attention...

when i made domination west ACE AI version, I (my soldier) seem to report all the shots fired. I.E on screen in the players text window this is displayed

'alpha 1 (your_mum [ODB]):"ACE_ROCKET_AT4_HEAT'

for when i chuck a pineapple, or ACE_BULLET_565X45_B when i fire a round from HK. This occurs for every weapon i fire.

the only line in co@30_Domination_3_14_West_ACE.Sara that i tampered with was to uncomment #define in x_setup/sqf and then propagate them thru the folders wit the bat file.

again is this reproducible for anyone ?

there is also a prob with ILS in the choppers of co@30_Domination_3_14_West_ACE.Sara  but this error is when you activate ILS you get a mando error, but the error is being called from the MODFOLDER not your code, so i think this is ACE issue ?

thanks again,

mum.,

also CARL GUSTAFFA. your version sounds mad, could i have a looky on day ?

xx

EDIT both the weapons fire reporting and the ILS have been noted on the ACE bugtracker, as confirmed bugs. no work around as yet, smile_o.gif

Dumb queston coming up:)

To make ACE version into a West AI, would i just open the mission and make playables into not playable?

Just an observation that we made using West A1 3.12 and ArmA Beta 1.15.

While testing, I dropped RKSL's excellent Tiger Stripe Puma (all you have to do is name it ch4 and it *just works!* brilliant!) into the game to use as a wreck chopper and won an MG Hummvee from a side mission.

I then destroyed the Humvve with a 136 to test the lift capabilities of my wreck Puma.

As the helo approached the wreck, the pilot reported getting a hint message about distance to the wreck which was nice. He the grabbed the humvee and dropped it on the vehicle repair spot and it got fixed.

I then destroyed it AGAIN with a M136 but this time, the Puma pilot didn't get the distance hints.

It's a minor thing and not worthy of real attention, but I thought I'd drop a note in here in case it's symptomatic of anything else, or if you can say it's to do with the addon rather than the mission.

@kris018

It's not that easy to make the ACE version into an AI version as it is a really fast port of the normal West version with some internal changes. But if you want to try just edit x_setup.sqf in the main mission folder and uncomment #define (underline underline) AI__ and run setupcopy.bat once.

It's a minor thing and not worthy of real attention, but I thought I'd drop a note in here in case it's symptomatic of anything else, or if you can say it's to do with the addon rather than the mission.

The iteration just checks for the nearest objects that can be lifted by the wreck chopper and if it is completely destroyed it shows the wanted information. But I'll test again.

I'll release one more bugfix version (found some small bugs) but I want to wait until Project 85 is out to make a P85 version too.

Xeno

Hmm, that's odd. I got an email saying Xeno had posted here, but I cannot see the post.

edit *Ah, now I can see it. That "new page of posts bug" in Ikonboard

The iteration just checks for the nearest objects that can be lifted by the wreck chopper and if it is completely destroyed it shows the wanted information. But I'll test again.

I'm guessing it doesn't work if the repaired vehicle is destroyed *again*

Maybe it's because I teamkilled the vehicle? Could that be relevant?

I'm guessing it doesn't work if the repaired vehicle is destroyed *again*

Maybe it's because I teamkilled the vehicle? Could that be relevant?

No, it simpy checks for the type of the vehicle and the damage it has, nothing more.

Xeno

Right in that case, don't spend any time looking for it. Give me a while to reproduce it.

how to i move where the ammobox spawns?

I rearranged things at the base for our clan but i cannot seem to find the script where the coordinates are generated....

how to i move where the ammobox spawns?

Search for

d_player_ammobox_pos

in init.sqf

and change the values after #ifdef (underline underline) DEFAULT__

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[[9654.24,9993.49,3],270];

First array element is the position, second one the direction.

Xeno

When respawning the unit starts in the bunker, then gets moved towards a spot near the bunker and finally in the bunker again.

This causes problems when a player teleports too fast since he will get teleported to his target and the back to the bunker.

When respawning the unit starts in the bunker, then gets moved towards a spot near the bunker and finally in the bunker again.

This causes problems when a player teleports too fast since he will get teleported to his target and the back to the bunker.

That's the reason why I will release another update wink_o.gif

Still waiting for the P85 release smile_o.gif

Xeno

I'm dropping a few choice addons into this mission, but I need a little help with something.

Usually you have to refer to the addon unit by it's specific name, here, for example when you allow an MI 17 to be lifted by the wreck chopper, but these addons have odd names. With the BIS stuff, it's just Mi17, but how do I find the equivanlent names for addon units?

x_heli_wreck_lift_types = sm_bonus_vehicle_array + mt_bonus_vehicle_array + ["Mi17"];

I'm dropping a few choice addons into this mission, but I need a little help with something.

Usually you have to refer to the addon unit by it's specific name, here, for example when you allow an MI 17 to be lifted by the wreck chopper, but these addons have odd names. With the BIS stuff, it's just Mi17, but how do I find the equivanlent names for addon units?

x_heli_wreck_lift_types = sm_bonus_vehicle_array + mt_bonus_vehicle_array + ["Mi17"];

all you need to find is the classname....

open the PBO and look at the config or readme to find it.

____

i changed the recruit AI to an RACS ambulance, yet the AI still appear at the marker. How can i make them appear at the ambulance instead?

Hi Xeno, thanks for the new version.

A few days ago we successfully modified version 3.09 with Chilean Mod units.

Now we want to do the same on 3.14. Before we need a little help with this:

- How to eliminate Teleport feature.

- Wich files need to be modified in order to change the ammobox and vehicles requested via airdrops.

And finally, because I´m a begginner on editing, I need a little explanation on how to do this:

"If you are still using ArmA version 1.14 you have to dePbo the mission and comment the line in x_setup.sqf in the main mission folder that has the define (two underlines before)

NO_PARABUG_FIX__

After you've saved the file run setupcopy.bat once and pack the mission again."

I´m only talking about how to comment the line.

Sorry for my english and thanks a lot for any help.

Now we want to do the same on 3.14. Before we need a little help with this:

- How to eliminate Teleport feature.

Comment (aka add //) in line 1047 in x_scripts\x_setupplayer.sqf:

FLAG_BASE addAction ["Teleport","dlg\teleport.sqf"];

- Wich files need to be modified in order to change the ammobox and vehicles requested via airdrops.

For the ammobox at base you have to change x_scipts\x_weaponcargo.sqf and for the air drop ammobox change x_drop_array in init.sqf.

NO_PARABUG_FIX

Well, add a comment (//) before the #define line in x_setup.sqf in the main mission folder, run setupcopy.bat once and pbo the mission again (the BIS forum doesn't like two underlines before something)

Xeno

3.14 running nicely. My only issue is with the depot at the respawn area at base, I think it's a bit too much. I would have preferred a Hesco wall on 3 sides of the flag pole (open to the south). I had actually done this to my personal version of 3.09 and it worked quite well as protection. That and moving the actual respawn point inside the shed.

the depot at the respawn area at base, I think it's a bit too much.

Agreed. Or maybe, put the ammo crate and the flag on the ground floor?

Couple of bugs in ACE version that may have an impact on some:

1. TeamStatusDialog still shows coordinates in the old aann format instead of the new (and more correct) nnnnnn format. Maybe ACE have some pos2grid scripts which deals with the correct format, only need to check against ACE_Installed or something.

2. Artillery smoke doesn't create viewblocks. I've tried simply creating ACE_SmokeGrenade_White but this doesn't do anything at all (no smoke). Using the old classnames generates the smokeshell but no viewblock. I've use the old VBSmokeGrenade addon check before to spawn viewblocks but that doesn't work anymore (activates something in XEH which I don't want if I use it together with ACE).

3. Not specifically in ACE, but... Would it be better to "drop ammocrate" using createVehicleLocal, and only delete locally the oldest ones? It's very annoying when some smartass drives off with the drop capable vehicle only to leave you stranded without any ammo.

4. And finally a request: A possibility where a player who check against an array of names is given an additional action "toggle vehicle lock". Published to all other players which sets the lock, but also; if this players client crashes or he leaves the game, the vehicle will be unlocked again to all other players with a hint saying so. It should generate an array of vehicles that is published to JIP players as well. It's very frustrating for clan folks who want to be nice and keep the server open to public, be punished by rambos who doesn't take orders and care so little about things getting destroyed.

Xeno, thanks again.

Now we r working on 3.14 Chilean Mod Version.

One last question.

Can I put two different soldier classes in the same role?

For example:

d_artillery = (

switch (d_own_side) do {

case "RACS": {"chile_SDboina_roja","chile_SWboina_roja"};

Any conflict?

Thats because I´m trying to mix desert camo and woodland camo soldiers in the same mission.

Xeno,

Last month I asked you;

Quote[/b] ]I want to have more than one of each OPFOR aircraft over main mission.

And you replied;

Quote[/b] ]Not possible yet, I'll add that for the final release.

Did it get added and if so, where is it coded? I want to have an enemy sky full of Hinds, Su34's and Kamovs! smile_o.gif

what is the best way to get coorinates to adjsut where something spawns....

i tried placing a "marker" H object and using thise coordinates btu that does not work.....