Sign in to follow this  
Doolittle

Doolittle CTI

nice addition doolittle !

but only one type of unit is bought. it's specop.

i think we need a unit number restriction and vehicle(populated) buying. yay.gif

out of memory (requested 495kb)

free blocks 173...

thats what server says.

the server cant restart automaticly so it stays freezed !!!

something wrong!!

whistle.gif

I plan on making it so that if you take a town then a small force will spawn at your base and move in to that town. (This will be an option) This will make the mission seem "coop" too since as AI is capturing stuff they will have forces move in.

be careful with AI and try to make it client based (not server based).

don't make the same mistake as in evo and overload the server with AI resulting in lag and warping...

I plan on making it so that if you take a town then a small force will spawn at your base and move in to that town. (This will be an option) This will make the mission seem "coop" too since as AI is capturing stuff they will have forces move in.

be careful with AI and try to make it client based (not server based).

don't make the same mistake as in evo and overload the server with AI resulting in lag and warping...

group size restriction FTW ...

doolittle ETA on new version ? i will be glade to test it smile_o.gif

can you Arm all towns with rouge Civs with weapons driving threw towns at the start of the game with no fear is to easy to build up build points.....

make it tougher to get towns at the start would be cool notworthy.gif

also the starting bases should disapear after you make a base i see no point to have them linger around as you can just pump out trucks to build bases to many MHQ types get lying around there should only be 1 build truck lose it you should not beable to build just my thoughts

few other things aswell enemy bases shouldn't be marked at the start or anytime for that matter hahaha and having them in the same spot all thie time isn't a good idea should have random spwaning..

then when taking towns it shouldn't tell the enemys that you have takin a town unless you have takin it at some point ( starting towns)

Okay, sorry this took so long. I was busy writting the anti-cheat stuff.

Beta 13 is now out. You get more money for more cities you have. Repair truck can build guard tower with M2 gun, or bunker with gun, etc. More ways to mix and match ammo depot weapons. Can no longer swap places with your troops. Added ability to change speed that money rolls in so that you can help me to find a good spot for that... e.g. not too much money, not too slow. Also a day lasts 2 hours and weather is random (synced with all clients).

Semi-big change is you can't see where enemy teams start out.

I had wanted to put reinforcements starting in cities when you cap them but wanted to get this out first...

Let me know how it works out. Thanks!

Doolittle

any news on your development that ai can buy stuff? a coop mode would be greatful.

Just to let you doolittle CTI fans know.

We are hosting a game night this friday at 6pm Mountain Standard Time

on the 88th Blue Devils Server.

come join us. Or check out my main thread about the game night on our 88th Forums

We will start off with the newest of doolittle's CTI's. So come join the fun, along with others who also love playing this mission

http://www.88th.proboards32.com/index.c....3260043

any news on your development that ai can buy stuff? a coop mode would be greatful.

I'm sorry, I won't be working on AI buying stuff right now.

Okay, this should be fun... new Beta 17 release. If a team has no human players in it, they will spawn in with a vehicle (random).. and now when you capture a city, reinforcements will be paradropped in to help guard the city.

Sooo.. for all you single players... kinda fun with the enemy capping cities in tanks and finding guards in cities you trying to capture. Try it out and let me know what you think!

Thanks! File on first page of this post.

Doolittle

Quick release:

Beta 18 - Less chance AI spawn with veh., fixed use of setVehicleInit now that I understand how it works better, time/weather sync well now

File on first post.

Made a two team version of the map.. link on first page. Resistance will start in towns sometimes.

Doolittle

Nice to see this has been ported, I liked it as it was by far the easiest CTI to edit so I made quite a few custom versions.

Keep em comin' Dooie. Enjoying every one of em. wink_o.gif

Always enjoyed your flashpoint stuff, keep up the good work mate.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I just put out a Beta 19... now including 2 and 3 team maps in one zip. Now on 3 team the cities will start with resistance possibly. Rewrote briefing (again). Made code between both maps similar for people editing, just changed a flag.

MechaStalin, cool. What kind of changes did you make?? All the buy items are found in buyarray.sqf. Here's the list of stuff for the harbor for all three teams: (West has 3 buy choices)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_westarray = [["Zodiac", "Zodiac" call _vehdisplayfunc, "Zodiac" call _vehpicfunc, 100],

["RHIB", "RHIB" call _vehdisplayfunc, "RHIB" call _vehpicfunc, 100, "buyboattwo.sqf"],

["RHIB2Turret", "RHIB2Turret" call _vehdisplayfunc, "RHIB2Turret" call _vehpicfunc, 200, "buyboattwo.sqf"]];

_eastarray = [["PBX", "PBX" call _vehdisplayfunc, "PBX" call _vehpicfunc, 100]];

_guerarray = [["Zodiac2", "Zodiac2" call _vehdisplayfunc, "Zodiac2" call _vehpicfunc, 100]];

buyarray = buyarray + [["Land_majak", [_westarray, _eastarray, _guerarray], "buyboat.sqf"]];

Obj type, name, icon, and cost. Plus any script used to make that item specifically. If no script listed then uses default one (buyboat.sqf).

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I just put out a Beta 19... now including 2 and 3 team maps in one zip. Now on 3 team the cities will start with resistance possibly. Rewrote briefing (again). Made code between both maps similar for people editing, just changed a flag.

MechaStalin, cool. What kind of changes did you make?? All the buy items are found in buyarray.sqf. Here's the list of stuff for the harbor for all three teams: (West has 3 buy choices)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_westarray = [["Zodiac", "Zodiac" call _vehdisplayfunc, "Zodiac" call _vehpicfunc, 100],

["RHIB", "RHIB" call _vehdisplayfunc, "RHIB" call _vehpicfunc, 100, "buyboattwo.sqf"],

["RHIB2Turret", "RHIB2Turret" call _vehdisplayfunc, "RHIB2Turret" call _vehpicfunc, 200, "buyboattwo.sqf"]];

_eastarray = [["PBX", "PBX" call _vehdisplayfunc, "PBX" call _vehpicfunc, 100]];

_guerarray = [["Zodiac2", "Zodiac2" call _vehdisplayfunc, "Zodiac2" call _vehpicfunc, 100]];

buyarray = buyarray + [["Land_majak", [_westarray, _eastarray, _guerarray], "buyboat.sqf"]];

Obj type, name, icon, and cost. Plus any script used to make that item specifically. If no script listed then uses default one (buyboat.sqf).

I should've clarified, I hadn't done anything with the ArmA version but back in OFP I made both an Iraq vs Iran version and a North Korea vs South Korea.

More pics:

Just as I noticed guards they shot me

th_promote1.jpg

More enemy forces spotted in town

th_promote2.jpg

My base (Note arty and guard tower with turret)

th_promote3.jpg

Friendlies move in to seize flag behind trees

th_promote4.jpg

Enemy destroyed on left, my team moves in on right

th_promote5.jpg

I'm really bad at trying to take cool shots of the map to promote it. sad_o.gif

New ver. Beta 20 - fixed Dolores & don't spawn reinforcements if city already has some in it

I like them. smile_o.gif

You could try recording a small video too.

GameCam is great for promo videos.

Fair quality with very small file size.

Just a request to add a wreck/body remover script that runs say, every hour. After awhile all the wreckage causes server slowdowns.

3-way CTI is great fun, hope to see more improvements.

Just a request to add a wreck/body remover script that runs say, every hour. After awhile all the wreckage causes server slowdowns.

There is a body/wreck remover. I will recheck though.

Yikes! Dead vehicle/body removal was broken. Dunno when it got broke. Fixed now... new ver 21. Thanks gb!