Sign in to follow this  
Doolittle

Doolittle CTI

Dooie you're too fast, no sooner do i download one you have another. Take a break! biggrin_o.gif

As soon as i click add reply we'll be on beta 40. tounge2.gif

Keep em comin' dooie........ wink_o.gif

hello

is it possible to make a light version map whit only 4 maps ?

hello

is it possible to make a light version map whit only 4 maps [flags]?

Certainly! Any spots in particular??

hello

is it possible to make a light version map whit only 4 maps ?

Okay, I've added a FOUR FLAGS ONLY 2 team map to the map pack in first post.

Andersson... no. Or rather, kinda. The enemy team AI will spawn in vehicles if no one is on their team & they will go capture flags that they don't own yet or recapture flags they lost. Also when you capture a city reinforcements are sent in, so if AI capture a city, they will have reinforcements sent in too. So as far as fighting for cities goes, it could be seen as "single player", however there will be no real base to destroy for the enemy side. Note if someone leaves the game, their AI will go capture flags too.

Howdy Doolittle, played your map today, Nice work man!

What I'd like to know is do you have the options in your mission to disable grass and change view distance? I play with foot view distance at 2500 and air at 5000 but this only works well with no grass.

Then donno if your working on the bug's with the spawning of empty veichiles with manned veichles. Also seems to happen with the stationary guns.

Other then that was fun to have a squad of Choppers and just waxing the place and watching the ai fly into each other biggrin_o.gif

Keep up the good work man, spot ya later.

Great work Doolittle yay.gif

But i have a wish, do you plan to make also an Single player version of it??

So that you can play against an enemy AI CO ?? (some what like CrCti or Mfcti)

And can defeat the AI. in an game against the Pc it self.

Instead of playing on the Internet.

I'll hoop that you do. but if not so I'll keep wishing biggrin_o.gif you someday do.

Then donno if your working on the bug's with the spawning of empty veichiles with manned veichles. Also seems to happen with the stationary guns.

What bug? If when buying stuff you click on the With Crew button, they will spawn in with AI in them. Click on Ok instead and they spawn in empty. Is this what you're talking about?

hehe nope, when i buy a manned bmp-2 i some times got a empty one too, but this could have been me clicking manned and then ok by mistake instead of cansel smile_o.gif don't mind that i'll recheck.

thanks Doolittle for clan it is better to have less towns

to be able to finish the game in 1 night wink_o.gif

have you try the @DVD crcti ?

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....l=crcti

the interface is great (when you place an object , you see it attached on your reticle , and so you can place it exatly where you want)

we played doolittle cti 4 vs 4 and it was great.

is it possible to show all ai of the own side on map? could the ai of the own squad be signed with numbers? smile_o.gif

Okay, I've added a "1 team map" which, even though there are 3 teams to pick from, you can only play as BLUFOR. The goal is not to find enemy base and destroy it, but rather to capture all cities. The enemy will respawn (w/ vehicles maybe) and will try to come back and capture cities you've already captured. You must push them back by building defenses to hold them off, etc. I'm trying to make this a coop/single player type map. It's a start. Let me know how it works out. I enjoyed it... Note: don't expect the enemy to attack your base buildings or come after your base... but they will go after cities.

First page has new maps.

Doolittle

Me and a 5 others played the 3 team map tonight and it was great! There were a 2 things we noticed could use improvements.

1. The AI should be limited to 12 per person because even with 5 people it got laggy with planes flying everywhere troops all over towns ect...

2. The clean up script could use some tweeking because there were dead bodies everywhere not to mention vehicals seemed to never despawn. This also prob contributed to the lag.

Overall we had a great time and would love to see this updated! thumbs-up.gif

Me and a 5 others played the 3 team map tonight and it was great! There were a 2 things we noticed could use improvements.

May I ask what version you played?? Only in like the last two versions has the dead body/vehicle clean up worked. Also, the total AI per person was limited in the last two versions as well.

Doolittle

Next version is out. Made it so that ONLY OFFICERS CAN MAKE BUILDINGS which should make it more like OFP CTI. Plus 1 map lets you pick if you just want 2 teams or 3 teams or 1 team... etc.

1 person building was brit~XR's suggestion. Thanks for helping to make this better, peeps!

Doolittle

I try test this on XR when we full of players. Wheres the download link? Also res in citys would be nice  smile_o.gif

Also maybe you could give it a new name so people know its new version. Somethink like

DLCTI_V1_30vs30 or somethink

DLCTI is nice. sort of like CRCTI cr = cleanrock the maker of crcti so DL for doolittle  biggrin_o.gif

Ok i tested it and still needs some changes i think. Like when i moved truck to build central base on map then killed myself to test respawn and i would respawn at helipad instead main base.

What id like to see is

Truck replaced with medic bmp /m113 named MHQ or MCU

Helipad and the buildings on spawn removed but both teams start with like 15k to 20k sence at the moment both teams start with no money till they get a city

Options to spawn buildings or mhq

2team version of the map 30vs30 and 3way cti which would also be 60 players at 20vs20vs20 which u already done but id rather just play 2 team map  tounge2.gif

Everythink else i like. Like having to build power buildings to power base   biggrin_o.gif

The way the map is at the moment i dont like the fact u cant respawn to base if u build away from helipad so maybe helipad should be removed and truck replaced with mhq.

So a map with them changes with 30vs30 would be nice to play  biggrin_o.gif

Stuff I think is missing and would be nice to have but would take a while to implement: transferring money and buying equipment for other people.

I will add starting money as well as fix respawn point issues.

You can respawn to base, you have to select which respawn to spawn at from the map screen by clicking on the respawn point. One problem I had is there's no AI that spawn in towns, like ressistance was in MFCTI. Another thing that I didn't like is that the AI that do spawn in the 3 player version, seem to spawn from particular spots on the map over and over. I just followed the AI right to those points with my Tank and killed em over and over until they stopped respawning lol.

I liked the idea of AI spawning randomly in towns depending on which team the town was taken for. However I think there needs to be some changes in this. First off in the 2 player mission all towns should be controlled by the independent forces. I think AI should spawn in towns like ressistance was in MFCTI. Once you take a town, friendly AI should then spawn to reinforce the town from enemies in stead of the random occupation thing. I think that would be cool.

It would be equally cool if Independent AI spawn in towns to recapture flags that are unoccupied after certain amounts of time even after a town has been successfully liberated. Or perhaps the town flag resets to Independent after so many minutes of being unoccupied. Just some quick ideas. I think one of our members is editing this to give AI ressistance in towns. I can send it to you if you would like.

New version:

Quote[/b] ]Can air drop cars, start with 1k (or 5k if Officer), MASH tents are now respawns, if playing OPFOR v. BLUFOR then all towns start with resistance, max AI per person reduced to 9

See first message for map.

If you want to reduce lag don't play with all slots set to AI!

brit, you can spawn Ural from Helipad. I added MASH tents that you can respawn at (build repair depot first, then buy repair truck, anyone can make tents but they don't count towards bldg. count, you can't make 'em in towns or water). Also removed the respawn building since this takes its place.

Blazen, okay, I made it so if you start with OPFOR v. BLUFOR then resistance is in all the towns. If you do OPFOR v. Resistance then BLUFOR is in the towns, etc.

The way you have the AI constantly respawning from certain spots... that's if you leave AI in those player slots. smile_o.gif They continue to try to recap towns. So right now it's like this: at start resistance are in towns. If you take a town then friendly forces drop in to reinforce town. Meanwhile the resistance continues to respawn from a spot on the map and they go and try to retake towns. If they do manage to take back a town then they will have reinforcements drop in. So, for example if you play with only ONE team then you will be trying to take control of all the cities and maintain control while the AI is trying to take back the cities.

If you don't like the constantly returning AI then just turn them off in the player slots. You could even reduce from say 20 respawning AI to 5 for example.

Me and 3 others tested the new version last night and thought the improvements were great!  The game play was very nice and honestly, nobody said anything pretty much the whole game until we stopped playing.

The only complaint was the enemy AI's inabillity to attack me and one other persons KA's. It seemed like the only AI that would attack this vehical was the M113 and Vulcan's. M1A1's along with other vehicals would just target and not shoot; also I don't remember ever even seeing an AA soldier.

Another thing I noticed was that units spawn imediately after being purchased from factories. There should be a pause (depending on what is being spawned) inbetween purchase and spawn. The reason is beca-use what if an enemy base is being attacked by say the Cobra. If the cobra survives any attack from whatever defenses a commander and or player has spawned, it would be to easy for that person to simply buy as many armed vehicals in the blink of an eye as needed. I understand that the object isn't to destroy the enemy base.However as players will attack the enemy at thier bases to slow them down, this would be an unfair advantage to the defender. It could also play as a key factor in winning a long game.

Good work on this version, we will test again and let you know if we find anything more!

AA soldiers rarely spawn. I could up that randomness. I had thought it would be a bummer to be shot down from out of nowhere.... should people that reinforce towns spawn in with AA as well?

I will look into adding time delay on purchase.

I'm curious if you found it getting laggy or money flow too fast or too slow to keep up with purchasing & funding the war?

Doolittle