Sign in to follow this  
xela89

Realistic Tank Firing System

goodies1.jpg

Operation Frenchpoint is proud to present its totally new Reallistic Tank Firing System.

It makes Armoured Combat much more accurate to modern standarts.

A telemetry system is integrated and launched by a keyboard shortcut (binoculars so B by default), and the canon automatically takes the required angle to hit the target while the user just keeps it at the center of the reticle.

Then you just needs firing to get a static target hit.

If you want to hit a moving target, you just have to keep the target at the center of the reticle a few moments (less than a sec) before firing and the canon automatically computes and applies the required deflection for a perfect shot.

Developed with the cooperation of a tank crewman (Fuchs).

This is still Work in Progress.

Hi Quality divx 3.82 mb

It's using a small but vital part of gmJamez's SightAdjustment (ammo trajectory change), I am waiting an authorization from him to release a working demo.

- OFrP Team -

goodies4.gif

raaah, can someone change the title to "Realistic Tank Firing System" please?

Looks great, only the Abrams is unique and has a floating reticle which moves in the horizontal axis to add dynamic lead.

On the T-72 this would be great!

notworthy.gif

Xela is a God!!

ARMA become days after days the ultimate combat simulator.

Great thanks to the modders

Great things are 'on the way'! Great initiative, much appreciated!

notworthy.gifyay.gifinlove.gif

What about if a distant target changes speed or direction radically during the ammo flight time or after aiming? Is this an auto-hit fudge (after a second of aiming I always hit) or a realistic system based on ballistics?

I calculate the turret rotation speed, I calculate flight time, rotationspeed * flighttime = where you will be aiming at impact time. So if the tank stops or change his speed, the ammo will go where the target should have been if he kept his speed => you will not destroy the target. It's totally based on (bis crappy) balistic.

I said "a few moments" in order to have enough time to calculate the turret rotation speed. It's not a teleguided ammo, it's actually bis ammo and I change the vertical and horizontal angle of the ammo one time, when it's get out of the gun.

Well yes if you mean ai compensation but for the player and much more accurate (ai can't hit target 2.5km away)

So its like a aimbot?

It is like in real life.

All modern tanks have computer assisted aiming and targeting...

Without this computer assistance, Leclerc for example would not be able to move 50 Km/h, aim and hit target at the same time. (of course, stabilization system for the turret is necessary too)

Xela's intend in designing this system is to make tank targeting in Arma closer to reality. It was not to cheat or make it easier... Unless you call real tankers cheaters biggrin_o.gif

Well a not all tanks in use are modern... wink_o.gif

Buy clad to hear it is not an auto-hit cheat smile_o.gif

By aimbot, if you mean "auto aim" like cheaters stuff, it's not. The aim has not been changed wink_o.gif

It's a real system which apply correction on fire system, using onboard technology (like telemeter).

Unless you call real tankers cheaters  biggrin_o.gif

I'm sure US tankers cheat!  wink_o.gif   CAT 87 - 1/D/4-8 Cav

highest gunnery score ever recorded!

On topic - this looks like an excellent enhancement to the

primitive tank gunnery that comes with default ArmA.

Quote[/b] ]It's a real system which apply correction on fire system, using onboard technology (like telemeter).

And the export versions of T-72s also have it?

I don't know how to thank you! I just can't wait to play with it!  notworthy.gif

edit: I just realised that one thing dissapeared from my personal wishlist...thank you!

Quote[/b] ]It's a real system which apply correction on fire system, using onboard technology (like telemeter).

And the export versions of T-72s also have it?

HA, that's a hard question.

Well, the technology has been around for years, so Russians probably catched-up allready. At least to some low standard.

I do not know if they modernise the T72 anymore, it is an outdated design.

The T72s in Iraq seem to have been outfitted with laser range finders and gun stabilisation seems to be a standard. But from ranges taht they were able to engage at I doubt they had any wortwhile ballistic computers.

I know for sure that third party T72 derivatives, for example the PT91 bougth by Malesia have electronics on NATO standards.

Well with the addon, you will be able to set if the tank has laser range finding (and set precision), laser range finder + gun elevation (depending on ammo used, the addon maker will have to create the correct "range card" and "flight time card), laser range finder + gun elevation + movement anticipation or laser range finder + gun elevation + movement anticipation + firing while moving (totally wip).

I'm trying to make it work correctly when there is difference of height between you and your lased point but it's hard to understand how it is handled by the engine (adding or removing a few meters to the saved lased distance according difference of height).

Will this have some sort of graphic to accompany the realism?...something that displays the system output/rangefinding in the correct areas of the sight?Would add sooo much to the imersion if ya could.GREAT JOB!! yay.gif

Maybe you could collaborate with NoWonderDog for some "simple" overlay on screen.

Even if it has no effect on gameplay, it's just better for immersion wink_o.gif But I guess you already thought of doing something similar...

Malick

I'd be up for that.Problem is though I'd have no idea on how to implement it.My other question would be if this mod can be applied to other vehicles or does it have to be built into the model itself??...cause I'm workin on this ATM for arma and EECH and would like to have laser rangefinding for it as well.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums....Max.jpg

It's based on weapondirection command (which has been updated), a fakeammo (ammo with no effects nor damage, with very high velocity) and positionASL (for difference of height). Everything else is just maths (well, not so simple). I actually use bis m1a1 without any modification in my video (weapondirection => "m256" as its bis m1a1 main gun weapon), it's can potentially be done without any addon (but you'll have to have an existing ammo).