Sign in to follow this  
NeMeSiS

Fixing ArmA

Quote[/b] ]Before ArmA is done BIS must consider: Fixing animation transitions, Unit damage detection/hitpoint system, AI use of cover, AI suppresive fire, AI movement, AI threat detection, AI leaveing vehicles under air threat, general AI dopeyness, perhaps AI room clearence and OIBUA drills, correct weaponry and kit for realistic factions (Currently only the US), correct vehicles, more dedication to none-US equipment (vehicles, ect), artillery (inc mortars), vehicle smoke screens, hardware problems and compatability, aircraft handeling (practicaly just the rudder now), the parachute bug, exploding vehicles, assembling the Javelin (instead of it alwase assembled) and every serious problem the community has pointed out.

Arma is pretty good, but there are things that this engine won't be able to do well.

imho all things related to positionning/pathfinding simply can't be improved a lot.

it means that even with quite a bit of engine changes, AI will never be able to hide and shoot,

search for ennemies in buildings, group densly in urban envirronement,...

Well yea, I did say consider, not need to fix.

ArmA is a good game but it is still in its infancy, it should not be discarded in favour of ArmA II but instead patched up to a nice, player friendly game.

I do think BIS or the guys making QG at least will fix the problems and perhaps QG is going to give us more than retextures and an armed Coyota Hilux although someone has said QG will still be at 1.08.

The thing I dislike about ArmA is the AI, Rainbow Six Vegas has AI that finds cover and that is noware near a simulation. And the vehicle damage; Project Reality, a BF2 modification has hit detection and as real damage effects as the poor BF2 engine allows but in ArmA it just seems like your Hummve combusts at the very sight of a Shilka.

I have faith in BIS and as I have said, ArmA is still young.

work on Arma2.

that would be strange to waste a lot of time on a game, which will be replaced. same thing for drag-queen's gambit (copyright JDB)

For me, Arma needs to have more fixes "which I don't ever see happening" before I would ever even think about paying for another game by BIS.

I would prefer to just work on ArmA 2.

After reading that the new features are confirmed, disscusion system and all that.

Let ArmA die, theres no point making it extremely good if there gonna bring out Number 2.

you guys keep whining, BIS should work on Game 2. Do you realize BIS has serious competer? Codemasters .

Do you realize BIS has serious competer? Codemasters .

maybe..

maybe not wink_o.gif

Codemasters ..............

The only good thing ive seen them release that i enjoyed. Was flashpoint. tounge2.gif

BI Better ...... whistle.gif

I could imagine that "fixing ArmA" is actually working on "ArmA 2".

heh..i vote for "Fix ArmA"whay?I would like to see more fixes for arma.. tounge2.gif

Operation Flashpoint had quite a few major flaws\bugs that are also present in ArmA.

2 games long and they have not been fixed, so why should I bother buying a 3rd game that will most probably still have the same problems.

I wouldn't.

Operation Flashpoint had quite a few major flaws\bugs that are also present in ArmA.

2 games long and they have not been fixed, so why should I bother buying a 3rd game that will most probably still have the same problems.

I wouldn't.

Some was, are, and they will stay naive suckers and some not, it's simple as that dude.

After such a personal disappointment as ArmA was for me I honestly and truly don't give a rat's arse about that 'Game 2', I'm totally indifferent and I really don't care, especially if there will be a short in-between release period, what they think I am, their 'milk cow' or something, I don't collect my money from the floor to waste it (for a crappy games) like this.

And btw, if ArmA2 is by any chance already in development that says much, in fact all, I won't widely explain it now here, just use your own brains and think a bit about it.

They are already working on the game2 and on the patch 1.90

So keep up the great work BIS yay.gifyay.gif

Sorry to say that due to my experiences with ArmA; I'll probably skip ArmA2 and wait for OFP2 instead..

huh.gif

#C

I dont get what this thead is all about.. total BS if you ask me.. as its been stated many many times there is two teams working on both games.. wink_o.gif

Therefor arma gets worked on as we see we are getting a 1.09 patch and guess what Arma2 has been getting worked on for 2 years too. goodnight.gif

Sorry to say that due to my experiences with ArmA; I'll probably skip ArmA2 and wait for OFP2 instead..

huh.gif

#C

Then what you still doing here on these forurms then as it looks like your saying you passed arma over and going to skip arma2? huh.gif

I dont get what this thead is all about.. total BS if you ask me.. as its been stated many many times there is two teams working on both games..  wink_o.gif

So the question is, do we want leave the 2 teams as it is, or would we accept if BI just dropped all work on ArmA1 at this point and just made ArmA2 better?

Seems like currently most people agree with BI's decision. thumbs-up.gif

huh.gif

#C

Then what you still doing here on these forurms then  as it looks like your saying you passed arma over and going to skip arma2? huh.gif

You should to piss off with such an attitude dude.

huh.gif

#C

Then what you still doing here on these forurms then  as it looks like your saying you passed arma over and going to skip arma2? huh.gif

I think he has a point though, if you are waiting on OFP2 and dont want to see ArmA2 you might as well go to the codemaster forums, BI isnt developing OFP2.

(Its like me posting on BF forums that im waiting for ArmA2/OFP2 and saying that BF is crap, it just doesnt make sence.)

I would prefer to just work on ArmA 2.

After reading that the new features are confirmed, disscusion system and all that.

Let ArmA die, theres no point making it extremely good if there gonna bring out Number 2.

And you sir, have a mentality that probably inspires EA to carry on doing what it does.

Why shouldn't they let ArmA Die? Simple, that way, they have TWO great games that their customers could choose from.

I thought I would point out a vital point about those posting their opinions to the effect of: "...drop ArmA and begin putting all resources on ArmA II."

You don't find it a peculiar situation that they may do the same with ArmA II? Bring out a bugged game, with glaring flaws that need to be fixed and because they need to keep the money rolling in, dump support for it and begin work on the next project?

That's called a trend. BIS will have to learn that if they do carry out this type of behaviour, they won't have a customer base to peddle the next iteration of graphically superior fundamentally flawed games to.

That seems pretty black and white to me?  huh.gif

I thought I would point out a vital point about those posting their opinions to the effect of: "...drop ArmA and begin putting all resources on ArmA II."

You don't find it a peculiar situation that they may do the same with ArmA II? Bring out a bugged game, with glaring flaws that need to be fixed and because they need to keep the money rolling in, dump support for it and begin work on the next project?

That's called a trend. BIS will have to learn that if they do carry out this type of behaviour, they won't have a customer base to peddle the next iteration of graphically superior fundamentally flawed games to.

That seems pretty black and white to me?  huh.gif

On the other hand: Splitting up the team leads to slower development, which may lead to running out of money again before the game is actually finished, which could give us another buggy release.

Its not *that* black and white. smile_o.gif

huh.gif

#C

I think he has a point though, if you are waiting on OFP2 and dont want to see ArmA2 you might as well go to the codemaster forums, BI isnt developing OFP2.

(Its like me posting on BF forums that im waiting for ArmA2/OFP2 and saying that BF is crap, it just doesnt make sence.)

There's no point in such (fanboy) attitude, and if you can't see this then I can't help you.

If some one has an opinion BF is a crap he'd post this on BF forums to let them know they blew it, not here, and that 'for the punishment' he's waiting on another game from another developer/publisher, is this not sensible to you?

EDIT: Yea, it's mostly grey. Dark grey.

It doesn't matter what we say. Bis already announced ARMA2.

And knowing their reputation they also fix ARMA...We get both!!

It doesn't matter what we say. Bis already announced ARMA2.

And knowing their reputation they also fix ARMA...We get both!!

I think it's against the rules of this thread to answer 'both'. It's a hy-po-theatrical thread. It's like answering the which book would you take to a deserted island question with: I'd take a large inflatable one, with a crew of eight, a skilled captain, a fast engine, unlimited fuel, champagne & caviar, cabel and jacuzzi kind of book.

But I agree.