Sign in to follow this  
Dudester

Is Queens Gambit going to have better animations

Is Queens Gambit going to have better Animations/Transitions.

Whats wrong with the ArmA animations?

You really do wear blinkers dont you.

The ArmA animations are jerky.

Nope, i still dont see it. Hell, the 'walking with weapon down' animation is probably the smoothest animation i ever saw in a videogame, looks beautiful.

Guest Ti0n3r

Only problems I have noticed are some of the transitions. Especially running while crouched --> crouched static

QG will come with version 1.08 = No current bugs will be fixed and nothing new will be added to the engine.

i think he means the animations of the ego-view and not the animations you see at the model.

Most of them are fine, but the transition between some of them need a little fine tuning.

Unfortunatly, the animation you mentioned turns the AI into dumb f**ks. When set on safe they cant follow a simple waypoint if there near a road.

Unfortunatly, the animation you mentioned turns the AI into dumb f**ks. When set on safe they cant follow a simple waypoint if there near a road.

The AI chooses to use the road (if close enough) when they are in safe mode, BI calls it a feature, and its not animation related.

Personally i think we could use some 'walking/crouching/crawling with binocular in hand' animations, and i would like a faster 'switch to pistol' animation, but its not really high priority stuff IMO.

Dudester: i'm pretty sure BIS will incorporate new anims, so don't you worry. wink_o.gif

Anyways: Dont count on it.

Do i really have to give you the list of whats wrong with the animations, or are you going to continue to pretend that nothing is wrong with them.

I think if you do abit of searching on this forum you might see what i mean. Alot of people have complained about them, or did you miss that?

Just hold the gun a little bit a upwards. Your arm is blocking your view then. Totally fucked up animations. No soldier would hold the weapon in real life like the soldier does in Arma.

And the other things mentioned. Would be cool to see that fixed.

Do i really have to give you the list of whats wrong with the animations, or are you going to continue to pretend that nothing is wrong with them.

I think if you do abit of searching on this forum you might see what i mean. Alot of people have complained about them, or did you miss that?

I asked several times and never got a real anwer. Im sitting on my ass here trying to imagine whats wrong with them but all i can come up with are some transitions which barely affect gameplay, so i just assume that everyone who complains about them being jerky/slow/'like you are controlling a robot' is having some kind of input lag, which wont be fixed with just new animations anyway.

I asked several times and never got a real anwer. Im sitting on my ass here trying to imagine whats wrong with them but all i can come up with are some transitions which barely affect gameplay, so i just assume that everyone who complains about them being jerky/slow/'like you are controlling a robot' is having some kind of input lag, which wont be fixed with just new animations anyway.

Well, if you ask me the transitions do effect gameplay. In CTF they just ruin the whole feel of the game.

Well, if you ask me the transitions do effect gameplay. In CTF they just ruin the whole feel of the game.

Care to explain? A while ago i tried it (after another animation discussion) and i didnt feel any different then in OFP.

(If anything, it was better because i could roll/lean)

A transition like crouching->springting->standing (instead of crouching) isnt very likely to kill you (Just press the crouch button again when you stop sprinting)

Some of the transitions may be a little iffy, but by and large I see nothing wrong with them. They're made using motion capture by guys running around with this gear on. They're pretty spot on to be fair.

Just hold the gun a little bit a upwards. Your arm is blocking your view then. Totally fucked up animations. No soldier would hold the weapon in real life like the soldier does in Arma.

And the other things mentioned. Would be cool to see that fixed.

What Mister said

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]A transition like crouching->springting->standing (instead of crouching) isnt very likely to kill you (Just press the crouch button again when you stop sprinting)

I can't even remember how many times those transitions got me killed, both in CQC and in open areas. This kind of BS is not acceptable if you ask me.

There are only 3 animation bugs i have ever seen.

1. The ladder ting = fixed

2. when laying down on a hill look up and your neck gets stretched out.

3. sometimes when i am sprinting and i go to a walk I go in safe mode some how (and no I didnt pressed my safe mode button cause its on the other side of the keyboard)

The missing anim transitions are the main issue I've got with ArmA right now.  Until they are fixed, I can keep waiting (and not playing) indefinately...

I think it all boils down to weather you use "Evasive forward" exsclusively or not (and thus experience fewer issues).  For those that want to be able to transition from jog to sprint on the fly via the "turbo" button (which I use the shift key for), there are broken transitions galore. confused_o.gif

I don't think it's so much the animations themselves; while they are a little jerky I think most of it is how the Ai is told which one to use at which time by the engine. For example:

<span style='color:brown'>Ai Player Movement:</span>

Run forward, RIGHT TURN, Run Forward, RIGHT TURN, PRONE etc. etc.

<span style='color:brown'>Human Player:</span>

Run forward, Diagonal right, right turn, run forward, right diagonal, right turn, crouch, look, prone...

It's more of a gradual process when human players do it, maybe something to do with combinations of keys pressed at one time(?).

It's being worked on.

link

@ ofpforum, are these problems enough for you to read. I am really amazed at some people's unwillingness to except change for the better.

Hi, what will be pimp will be that BIS adds female animations and

female character models, so the girls could choose a character that

reflects more they're anathomy than male unshaved & sweated models,

i think that many *girls don't like to play with "the alabama man" as

character; and c'mon... we're in the 2007... that's the 21Th century. Let's C ya

There are some real critisims here, but how is your arms covering your view an animation problem?