Sign in to follow this  
Kevlar2007

ArmA Rated one of the HARDEST GAMES OF ALL TIME

I breezed through ArmA, AvP and SS2... that must make me the best game player of all time! tounge2.gif

smile_o.gif Go commercial...

I remember another one, however once again it is not a PC game. Battle Toads and Super Battle Toads. I never got passed the second level on the first one and I only reached the third level once on the second.

AvP is still the scariest game for me and back then it was hard as hell. Before the patch you couldnt save so you had to play through a whole level, I still play that way.

But the top 3 games in that list are my favorite games and the only games I play.

edit: I also play Minesweeper, sometimes too much...

I reckon Mafia should be on the list simply because of the racing mission where you had to take a car that'd basically explode at the slightest knock to the track in a daft time limit through mid-town traffic, then win a race in it (assuming it was still in good enough shape to run). God only knows how many attempts it took me to do that.

I remember that there were savegames available for download that took you past that mission just so people could complete the game. I still managed to complete it myself though.

Eventually Illusion even patched the game to make that mission easier.

Rest of the game wasn't too hard though after you learned to handle a shootout properly, and it still ranks as one of the best games I've played.

I can confirm that, ditched the game because of the racing mission crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Heh, I played that racing mission without the patches, HARD AS HELL! I think it took me three days to complete it, I was about to quit on that game because of the racing when I finally completed it.

That racing mission on the track?

Easy, just use manual transmission. Still needed about 2 days to find out about this though biggrin_o.gif

Heh, I played that racing mission without the patches, HARD AS HELL! I think it took me three days to complete it, I was about to quit on that game because of the racing when I finally completed it.

My friend literally jumped for hoy when he beat it, his face was so red! He lost his voice in under 1.5 min...

ArmA isn't hard at all, Campaign was easy on Veteran...

Yeah, Homeworld does deserve a spot in that list, it was quite hard, especially that level where you had to break through the sphere of Ion Cannon cruiser. But then again, I was 10 or 11 and the only tactic I knew was forward. Then the Kadesh missions were even harder. Ugh. But all in all Homeworld was a really awsome game, back then when high speed internet wasn't a common thing and SP really mattered.

Actually, I had no problems with the racing mission in Mafia, I won on the second try.

Homeworld is not the hardest game of all time, but the most underrated game of all time imo.

Interface, storyline, graphics, music, gameplay,... was simply brilliant.

What the hell is GTA:SA doing in there, it is the easiest of the whole lot of GTA games to complete by far.

AvP is still the scariest game for me and back then it was hard as hell. Before the patch you couldnt save so you had to play through a whole level, I still play that way.

I agree. It was really the scariest game, especially without the save option and on the Director's Cut difficulty. Playing as a marine, you were really fragile and the aliens were fast and ran all over the walls. Plus, you couldn't stop to come to your senses because they kept coming all the time. All that really created an immersive experience. Quite frustrating, but in a good way.

What the hell is GTA:SA doing in there, it is the easiest of the whole lot of GTA games to complete by far.

It probably means completing it 100%. As in finding every horseshoe, shell, graffiti tag etc. Without a walkthough thats pretty damn hard.

i think it's a reasonably good list. of course such top games lists are always a bit subjective, and they can't go back to pong. however they have a good selection, and it's not just the last 2 years. actually ArmA is the newest title there.

in their comments they said they've chosen only one game of each category, that's why homeworld 2 was taken instead of homeworld 1.

for me the most difficult game (i managed) was Hidden and Dangerous 1. however half of it's difficulty came from it's cheating AI. wich disquallified it for this list. AvP is more psychologicaly challenging than technicaly. however it was difficult, even if you got very good nerves, due to the lacking save options. (wich was well made, unlike many other games... /me mumbles graw)

btw syndicate was so bloody difficult to me. didn't knew that the addon was even harder.

I haven't tried the Campaign for ArmA yet, simply because my PC can't handle the big island. lol

But I have played ArmA a lot in the editor and made big battles with the difficulty turned up to max, on both friendlies and enemies on the PMC desert island. All in all I have to say that OFP is harder.

I dunno but the tanks/apc's in OFP are extremely aggresive, while in ArmA they are a bit more passive.

-----------

Anyway there are harder games than ArmA. Almost every game to the Nintendo (NES) were a pain in the ass! biggrin_o.gif

The most difficult game should be chess. No human can beat the computer with the latest "game".

tounge2.gif

Personally I didn't think AvP was that hard, when battling aliens there was a certain way to move at the last minute to have them over shoot you then you'd just hammer them as they tried to do a 180 kick flip on the spot.

Also the alien generators only let out about 8-16 aliens per piece, so once you knew where they were you just camped and killed all the aliens that came out then moved on.

I finished it on directors cut.

I ran like hell. Doors were a problem, but the marines in AvP accelerate so fast that it's possible to do quite a few of the levels without expending any more than a few pulse rifle grenades.

hardest game ?

not true

for me hardest game was Call of Duty 2

i couldn't finish missions without cheats

enemy was respawning on and on and on and on, no ammunition and still many many next nazis

ARMA is not hard if you take cover

if someone wanna play rambo like in other stupid FPS games, he will never finish one single mission in ARMA or OFP

hardest game ?

not true

for me hardest game was Call of Duty 2

i couldn't finish missions without cheats

Thats a good point. The tank missions on veteren mode are damn near impossible. Absolutly no cover, outnumbered heavily, and you can't even see the enemy until you're right on top of them.

Even on the easiest setting, that mission would still end with only you and your commander's tank alive on the battlefield.

Infantry ones weren't too bad. You've got to remember that in 95% of the firefights, there is a limit to how many enemies there are. They will keep coming back for a while, but eventually the flow of reinforcements will stop. So take your time, keep your distance and proceed only when the area is clear.

I have pleasure to been played all of this game in 10 list and I have to agree that half of this games arent that hard at all. There is easy level mod in almost every game and by options u will get the difficult level there what u want. ArmA is hard reasoning of its AI´s skillz to shoot from far and their superaim that they need only one shot to kill player even in cadet mod.

cod 2 is one of the easiest games tounge2.gif just duck shoot duck shoot, run up pick up ammo in 1 second, then move on repeat. tank missions where fun and challenging. though being a artillery spotter was fun to. smile_o.gif try it in mp lan with 1-3 friends only and you get almost ghost recon like feeling, in that game you sometimes could out run and outsmart the k98 sniper players by just smg running them pistols.gif

Yep, infantry was no problem on Veteren. Like I said, hang back, kill everyone, move on. Just that bloody tank mission I was stuck for ages on tounge2.gif

I remember finishing COD2 in an evening. Barely remember having to play a mission twice. It's the modern PC equivalent of Lethal Enforcers.