Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

ArmA Effects

i think i need a video for comparison..

.. because or my ArmA Effects are not working (no 6thsense installed) or they look very similar to ArmA original.

i liked the older version more, even if they were alittle exagerated, in older version i could notice differences but in this i can not.. huh.gif

EDIT: the exagerated effects i ment were this:

Co07_laser_stamp_small.jpg

so they no longer exist?

You removed it completely?

SIX Tracers and other mods from SIX_Pack1 works

for me with 0.3 version..

Here you can see the new ArmAEffects in action

(with other mods - this is my favorite compilation of mods smile_o.gif )

b980c2b0a7a09dfb.png

I did this up quickly. No really, I mean really quickly.

These are just a couple of the effects taht blew me away. I never seen these kind of effects in ver1 or ver2.

3.jpg

<span style='color:red'>Quick Effects Vid</span>

Also, Marines did up this video. I believe he was using ver3 of Maddmatt's effects mod.

default.jpg

<span style='color:red'>Marine's ArmA: Effects</span>

Holy sh1t! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif Those explosions look even more detailed now and the smoke is great. GJ Madmatt. thumbs-up.gif

Btw nice clip, Armavidz. thumbs-up.gif

Beautifull explosions

Nice Matt and a fixed Flash smile_o.gif

Thanks wait till you see the full combat clip/movie I'm makin!!!  biggrin_o.gif

: PISTOLS : oh yeah

ArmAVidz

.. because or my ArmA Effects are not working (no 6thsense installed) or they look very similar to ArmA original.

i liked the older version more, even if they were alittle exagerated, in older version i could notice differences but in this i can not.. huh.gif

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/bravo6/missoes_arma/Co07_laser_stamp_small.jpg

so they no longer exist?

Sounds like the mod isn't activating for some reason. Check it's installed properly. The difference to BIS effects should be pretty obvious.

Interesting, the six tracers work for me.
If the SIX mods are working, then they will be preventing my tank muzzleflash from showing up. Currently that's the only effect that relies on eventhandlers, but I will be making more in future. This shouldn't be an issue for long though.

Thanks to Mr Groch and ArmaVids for the videos. That video by Marines actually shows ver0.2 of my mod. It's still a pretty cool video though.

Glad you guys like the mod smile_o.gif

Love it Matt! I haven't slept for 23 hrs now because of it  biggrin_o.gif  (the bigger movie clip...)

Here is my shortcut for ArmA incase it helps:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@Effectsv3;@6thSense;@CSM;@GroupLink2

I do not have 6th CRDS installed in the 6thSense modfolder. Just tracers and misc.

Quote[/b] ]Thanks to Mr Groch and ArmaVids for the videos

thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ] Also, Marines did up this video. I believe he was using ver3 of Maddmatt's effects mod.

That vid was pretty sweet, although are you sure it was ver3 of maddmatt's? Are the A10 tracers part of Maddmatt's package?

Thanks wait till you see the full combat clip/movie I'm makin!!!  biggrin_o.gif

: PISTOLS : oh yeah

ArmAVidz

^Can't wait m8! biggrin_o.gif

Are the A10 tracers part of Maddmatt's package?

Nope the A-10 tracers are from the 6th sense pack. Atleast I guess so.

wich package of SIX conflict with your mod MAtt ?

wich package of SIX conflict with your mod MAtt ?

All in the mod pack. But only with the tank muzzleflash. Either the 6thsense mod will work or the tank muzzleflash will work. Depends which order you list them in the shortcut. Not sure which order does what, you'll have to experiment to see.

Yes, 6th Sense Mod conflicts with ArmA Effects. But I can still use most of its features with the Effects Pack (Tracers, Markers AND Blood). "Most of the features", as mentioned, but NO tank muzzle flash. This seems to be the only restriction when I use both mods. Until the next version of this awesome mod, I will just have to wait.

One or two suggestions though: maybe the dust (especially the shock dust after a tank round is fired) settles too rapidly. The transition could be smoother and longer. Same for impact of rounds maybe (but not that neccessary). I also think the explosion effect could be much brighter at start (like in the previous version) then fading to that awesome red fire clouds it shows currently.

Thanks for your great work. This one tremendously improves my/maybe everyones ArmA experience

EDIT: ah. just too late with posting. while testing you already found out the same (-> muzzle flash missing). wink_o.gif

so they no longer exist?

Sounds like the mod isn't activating for some reason. Check it's installed properly. The difference to BIS effects should be pretty obvious.

matt, its working now.. (me noob)

anyway, to be honest i prefer the older version.. because:

the smoke or explosions are alittle cranky and they lags on lowest computers and the explosion color are too bright for my taste.

In this new version i only like the muzzle effect on the tanks. wink_o.gif

the grenades are not bad though

Very nice addon. It makes arma look more spectacular but still not less realistic. I love new nade/GL explosions, it would be perfet if smoke could last a bit longer. New rapid fireball while rockets/missiles detonations looks very realistic comparing to RL youtube vids. Great work thumbs-up.gif

i liked the older version more, even if they were alittle exagerated, in older version i could notice differences but in this i can not..  huh.gif

so they no longer exist?

Interesting, the six tracers work for me.
If the SIX mods are working, then they will be preventing my tank muzzleflash from showing up. Currently that's the only effect that relies on eventhandlers, but I will be making more in future. This shouldn't be an issue for long though.

Thanks to Mr Groch and ArmaVids for the videos. That video by Marines actually shows ver0.2 of my mod. It's still a pretty cool video though.

Glad you guys like the mod  smile_o.gif

Well, I created that video in hopes that it would showcase some of the more exciting aspects of the 6thsense version, notably, this and Chammys sound mod. And too be honest, if it were not for these two modifications, I probably would've thrown ArmA in the trash long ago.

For those that haven't seen it, here is a glimpse of what this mod adds too the game... It's the first vid in the featured section, titled ArmA: Effects.

http://www.youtube.com/user/USMCG0811

Well I got bored and created a very short video of 94 AT Soldiers against 32 Tanks. Video has no sound.

Video was filmed on very high everything with 10000 view distance.

Love the explosion effects very good job on the mod notworthy.gif

Edit - I need some sleep forgot to post the link

This mod/addon is very good !

There are things that are nearly perfect, to my taste : grenades and buildings collapse, namely.

Though, I don't really like the systematic huge fireball when tanks explode. Is there a way to make this happen randomly, at least ?

Even with all SIX_Pack addons de activated, I don't get gun muzzle flash. Is it only me ?

Otherwise, great work !

Malick

This thing is simply great. It really makes ArmA feel just that real. Bravo, mate....bravo. notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]I don't really like the systematic huge fireball when tanks explode

yeah, me either! pls make it smaler - otherwise it looks not real! besides, great mod yay.gif

yeah, me either! pls make it smaler - otherwise it looks not real! besides, great mod yay.gif

yeah, i dont like it aswell.. Look too bright tough.

i prefer the older version.

Really? This is what I thought of it

kickassometer.jpgbiggrin_o.gif

I think the explosions look cool but the nuclear blast that comes out of the uazs and stuff is rather large. It's no huge deal, though, I don't think!

I know the fireball that comes out of armed UAZ's and similar small armed vehicles is too much. The problem is that they are using the same explosion effect as the tank. I did those effects using the config, no scripting. When I have time I hope to script some better and more varied effects.

Though, I don't really like the systematic huge fireball when tanks explode. Is there a way to make this happen randomly, at least ?

Even with all SIX_Pack addons de activated, I don't get gun muzzle flash. Is it only me ?

Making the effect appear randomly would require scripting. Blame BIS for making every damn tank explode instead of just being disabled tounge2.gif As I just said, I will script better stuff eventually.

As for the tank muzzle flash not working: Did you install the extended init addon correctly? That is required for it to work. Also other mods might conflict with it, like the sight adjustment addon.

yeah, i dont like it aswell.. Look too bright tough.

i prefer the older version.

Older version was even brighter huh.gif . It's impossible to make all you people happy tounge2.gif

When I start the scripted stuff things will be different. I will try to make the effects more random.