Sign in to follow this  
snkman

OFPEC Blood Effect

@wolfsblut_

I think yes if you set it to 15 min. it will defenetly start lagging.

Blood on the wall: No blood objects are only on the ground

@froggyluv

To open the ReadMe.doc you can use: Microsoft Word Viewer

@Acecombat

Yes this script still need's a lot of resources but like i told i already tryed to use some parts and Blood object's from ECP and it looked like

it didn't lag that much as with the default object's.

There's still a lot of stuff to do and a lot to optimize the default OFPEC Blood Effect script is not written very well.

@HqPL

Thank's for uploading to youtube.com biggrin_o.gif

@GIJOE94

No need to put something in the init of any unit.

Just use the init.sqs of your mission.

For example:

In your mission folder create a new file called "init.sqs"

Now in the init.sqs put: [] exec "OFPEC_Blood\Blood_Init.sqs"

Thats all. Now all units of this mission use the OFPEC Blood Effect

@william1

well as far as i could see blood loss causes damage by AI and Player

@ALL

I only converted it 1:1 from OFP to ArmA, reconfigurated it and rewrote the config.cpp and yes there is still a lot of work to do to optimize the script.

ECP already did a outstanding job with it.

But at the moment i have a big lag of time and so i released it.

May someone else can start with optimizing.

@Snkman

Great job, almost like the blood effects of ECP (which I think is related). This is pretty much like I was asking someone with coding abilities to do, thanks very much smile_o.gif

The good:

Quite nice effects, I think I will bump up the distance squirted a little as they seem (to me) a bit close and bunched for the close-in battle I had set up. Unfortunately (for me) I will probably need to look at crime/battle photos to see some info on what I should be seeing.

The blood looked nice when there was a lot of it, not so nice when there was little of it. Probably a limitation of the blood objects, but you mentioned about them already. What do you need, actual objects or just textures?

The bad:

Poor blood objects (as you already mentioned).

The ugly:

I increased the texture permanence to 300 and the number of blood objects to 3000, and in a very small battle of 2 groups the system slowed to a crawl. I expect the sheer number of individual blood objects is doing this, I might suggest a couple of alternatives:

1. Can textures be used instead of objects? Might be an engine limitation but if just decal textures can be used and projected on the ground it might be better.

2. A range of blood objects that increase in complexity, so the smallest blood object is just one "plip" of blood (much like you already have now) and then the objects increase in complexity up to whole spatter effects with lots of blood. This might make a lot of effects look a bit "samey" but if one or two are layered, with slightly different rotations & sizes then that should help out. Instead of dozens of blood objects per hit maybe only five or six could be used, reducing the apparent lag.

But as a beta test this is great stuff. I played ECP a lot and didn't see a lot of blood related lag despite many more units being affected, so I think there is much to be optimised right now. This is pretty much what I wanted to see, useful blood effects (so you can see where attacks came from by looking around bodies. This means the effects need to last a LOT longer and be a LOT more optimised for lag).

This is the "other half" of what I wanted to see in ArmA (my own smoke effects being the other half wink_o.gif) and I'm very happy to see it. If I can help with textures, let me know.

finally we get our blood and gore flying every where

if any improvement could be made, how about..........guts? wow_o.gif

@DMarkwick,

Blood objects = 3000 biggrin_o.gif

This is absolutly too much. I personally recommend 200 as maximum.

Textures:

Yes i think textures can be used too.

I already made some ( Very ugly ) textures and if i can remember right it works.

Quote[/b] ]2. A range of blood objects that increase in complexity, so the smallest blood object is just one "plip" of blood (much like you already have now) and then the objects increase in complexity up to whole spatter effects with lots of blood. This might make a lot of effects look a bit "samey" but if one or two are layered, with slightly different rotations & sizes then that should help out. Instead of dozens of blood objects per hit maybe only five or six could be used, reducing the apparent lag.

Well thats the way ECP did it.

They had created 4 blood objects ( Size 2 x 2 meters ) and in any way ( I really don't know how ) they could resize and rotate the blood object so that it look's very dynamically.

They also made from a 2 x 2 meter blood object a blood drop. smile_o.gif

Understanding the ECP Blood AddOn is not that hard but get it working in ArmA is another think.

Yes of course you could help with textures smile_o.gif

You sad you played a lot of ECP so you know how the blood drops looked like.

I personally love the ECP blood may it would be enough if you/someone could just resize the blood objects of ECP so they have the same size like the one used in OFPEC Blood Effect.

But if you like to create totally new blood objects do it.

I'm happe to see and test what ever you make. thumbs-up.gif

just a through, is it possible to bring back the blood clouds that standard OFP have?

i always like it better then ECP ones and in fact i find that hard to tell if the enemy is being hitted or not in ArmA(and the fact that i rewatched Band of Borthers, again, and the hollwood effect is growing deep into my mind) tounge2.gif

humm nice But cant you do this non 3rd party addon so it works in evry mission

thare is a Wound.p3d and wound rvmat wound files in the charactors.pbo and in the config file thare are would types

selectionHeadWound = "head_injury";

selectionBodyWound = "body_injury";

selectionLArmWound = "l_arm_injury";

selectionRArmWound = "r_arm_injury";

selectionLLegWound = "l_leg_injury";

selectionRLegWound = "r_leg_injury";

and thare are classes for hits cant you execute the blood effects via 3rd party addon but without a need to execute a script file kinda like what reskins do point a wound to a diffrent area but then again thare are extra effects not defult but thare has to be some way to do it via lauching the scripts from the addon or ahveing the affects int he addon it self. il look in to the ecp blood and see how that does it.

class HitHead {

armor = 0.700000;

material = -1;

name = "head_hit";

passThrough = 1;

};

class HitBody {

armor = 0.800000;

material = -1;

name = "body";

passThrough = 1;

};

class HitHands {

armor = 0.500000;

material = -1;

name = "hands";

passThrough = 1;

};

class HitLegs {

armor = 0.500000;

material = -1;

name = "legs";

passThrough = 1;

};

this is great. if we could make hit wounds like that of Red orchestra, it would have been fantastic.

nice work but i cant get it to work im confused please help so me how to install it and work it with screen shots ive added the PBO to the addons folder please help me take screen shots of how you guys got it working

thanks pistols.gif

@DMarkwick,

Blood objects = 3000 biggrin_o.gif

This is absolutly too much. I personally recommend 200 as maximum.

Textures:

Yes i think textures can be used too.

I already made some ( Very ugly ) textures and if i can remember right it works.

Quote[/b] ]2. A range of blood objects that increase in complexity, so the smallest blood object is just one "plip" of blood (much like you already have now) and then the objects increase in complexity up to whole spatter effects with lots of blood. This might make a lot of effects look a bit "samey" but if one or two are layered, with slightly different rotations & sizes then that should help out. Instead of dozens of blood objects per hit maybe only five or six could be used, reducing the apparent lag.

Well thats the way ECP did it.

They had created 4 blood objects ( Size 2 x 2 meters ) and in any way ( I really don't know how ) they could resize and rotate the blood object so that it look's very dynamically.

They also made from a 2 x 2 meter blood object a blood drop. smile_o.gif

Understanding the ECP Blood AddOn is not that hard but get it working in ArmA is another think.

Yes of course you could help with textures smile_o.gif

You sad you played a lot of ECP so you know how the blood drops looked like.

I personally love the ECP blood may it would be enough if you/someone could just resize the blood objects of ECP so they have the same size like the one used in OFPEC Blood Effect.

But if you like to create totally new blood objects do it.

I'm happe to see and test what ever you make. thumbs-up.gif

Well OK ,3000 is maybe bogging my system down biggrin_o.gif I thought (wrongly it sounds like) that each & every blood plip was a separate object, and so 300 sounded a little on the low side.

OK, as for textures, I can try some methods out for you, see if you like them. I can try 3D fluid simulation & render the final result, or I can try a spatter brush in Corel Painter, see which looks better. The Painter method will be the quickest & easiest, and I can supply as many of those as you like.

Also, I don't think so many particles need to be seen during the hit, maybe (eventually) another single object could be used, one which very quickly changes size & proportion over the split-second that it needs to be seen. Say have 4 or 5 of those to choose from, another resource-saver?

very nice fx but lags down arma framerate alot when more than 2 soldiers get killed at the same time tounge2.gif

Just have played the small example-mission and i have killed people successively. I havent felt no framerate-impact.

My setting was "blood-life = -1" equivalent to "blood doesnt disappear for ever".

So what i have seen so far is good.

But i think only a head-shot should causes so much spray in the air as i saw in the mod. But i can be wrong.

Good Work, I'm just remember the OFPEC Blood in OFP  smile_o.gif .

I'm sorry to tell this but I'm not impressed at all with these blood effects.

I think the blood effects done in CRDS system which is a part of the @SIX pack1 made by sickboy are a lot better and more realistic and look definitely better.

when CRDS enabled you see little (realistic blood sprays coming out.) Besides this has an effect, you can bleed out...

The OFPEC blood are definitely too much, and it looks like a gallon or two are coming out of the soldier, which is not realistic. Besides the textures of the blood lying on the ground is ugly.

@HqPL

Thank's for uploading to youtube.com biggrin_o.gif

Np, ppl and sites prefer movies as embed objects, and youtube works quite good so..

@Korky

U did not look correctly i think.

I also checked @six thing and talked witk sickboy because his one are only blood and hit effects but no impact effects liek the map_misc does also since version 1.

The Ofpec Blood gives you the incomming direction of the bullet youve been hit from.

If you set the maximum degrees Angel to 15 you will see what i mean.

That was the effect i asked SNAKMAN and Sickboy for.

I am sure Sickboy will implement these kind of effect soon.

@Korky

I also checked @six thing and talked witk sickboy because his one are only blood and hit effects but no impact effects liek the map_misc does also since version 1.

The Ofpec Blood gives you the incomming direction of the bullet youve been hit from.

Weird, I set mine for exactly 15 for exactly the same reason smile_o.gif and I also asked Sickboy to implement directional blood splatter smile_o.gif looks like we're on the same wavelength biggrin_o.gif

BTW, I also set the particles to be fewer (20), but larger (max 0.2, min 0.08). Now I get better performance, but with a satisfying gout of blood visible from far away.

@Korky

Weird, I set mine for exactly 15 for exactly the same reason smile_o.gif and I also asked Sickboy to implement directional blood splatter smile_o.gif looks like we're on the same wavelength biggrin_o.gif

BTW, I also set the particles to be fewer (20), but larger (max 0.2, min 0.08). Now I get better performance, but with a satisfying gout of blood visible from far away.

No worries, it's getting closer and closer boys :-)

One SQF to rule them all :-)

Quote[/b] ] just a through, is it possible to bring back the blood clouds that standard OFP have?

i always like it better then ECP ones and in fact i find that hard to tell if the enemy is being hitted or not in ArmA(and the fact that i rewatched Band of Borthers, again, and the hollwood effect is growing deep into my mind)

band of brothers is the most realistic ww2 drama made! an the way the dust mix of cloth an blood is realistic, but in a game it does not have that impact like band of brothers, i thought the same as you an made that dust mix mod but on a game it looks lame, almost lazy like those game companes that thow out there rubbish every 6 months whistle.gif It looks so much better having blood spurting out everyway rofl.gif Rock On

Nice mod, just need an anime version/Quinten Trantino version with inhuman amounts of blood spraying for minutes out of each wound biggrin_o.gif

Seriously now, nice mod, looking forward to new blood models but these are good for now (without the modding tools etc) yay.gif

So, bleeding out is now simulated? Can snipers and other units acting alone have a "first aid kit" to stop the bleeding?

I haven't checked the scripts (so I don't know whether I am talking trivial stuff), but maybe it's more CPU efficient, if you create the objects at a slower rate? When you ask ArmA to generate many objects, it sucks a lot of performance, because ArmA has to allocate memory for them all at the same time. It's way more efficient to already have a set of blood objects generated, somewhere hidden, and then use them when necessary.

Example, you have 100 soldiers on your map. Generate only for 20 soldiers blood objects. Assumed is that not all soldiers will die at the same time. When the soldiers are fighting, for each soldier that dies, you assign the blood objects to that soldier, then regenerate new blood objects with a time interval, till it's back to 20.

I assume the blood objects are setPos'd using several initializers, all the way till they hit the ground. That's another CPU eating process. Perhaps it's possible to let the physics engine of ArmA handle that process, by using setVelocity. The engine itself should be more optimized at doing such calculations.

Hope you don't mind SNKMAN... smile_o.gif

made a

showcasing not only some practical uses of the blood effects (direction of incoming) but also my smoke addon.

Thanks SNKMAN ive been looking for something like this to improve blood.. tounge2.gif

yea ok can we please go over the steps on how to get this thing working correctly? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!