Sign in to follow this  
snkman

OFPEC Blood Effect

yea ok can we please go over the steps on how to get this thing working correctly? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easiest method is to download Sickboy's newest addon pack, as it's now incorporated in smile_o.gif

did everything he siad still could not get it to work sad_o.gif

Question ! :

Is it possible to make a "Blood.PBO" to put it in the addonfolder......and it works without all the scripts and stuff ?

@IceBreakr

First Aid Kit will be implemented in the next version. wink_o.gif

@DEAD_RABBIT

Yeah your suggestions sounds really very good. I will see what i can do.

@DMarkwick

Well youtube and videos ( Blood Effects ) is not a good choice to preview the Blood Objects.

I'm sure you had created some new but on the video they are too little and the solution is very low.

So on the youtube video i can't see any different.

Better upload the video or do some screenshots with high resoltion.

But anyway thank's for your help. wink_o.gif

@DMarkwick

This is a reason why i released it as stand alone AddOn.

I think many guy's are interested in the Blood Effects and not in a ( Mod ) whoch comes with many other thing's.

So you can use it without any changes for other things.

But anyway tastes are different.

@ENTI

There is a ReadMe.doc which comes with the Blood Effect Addon.

Quote[/b] ]Copy the OFPEC_Blood.pbo to your ArmA\AddOns directory.

Copy the folder "OFPEC_Blood" into your mission directory.

In the init.sqs of your mission put: [] exec "OFPEC_Blood\Blood_Init.sqs"

That's it. wink_o.gif

did everything he siad still could not get it to work sad_o.gif

How does it look in your Arma directory and what does it say in your Arma shortcut?

this is what i was told to put in in sickboys readme file

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=@SIX_Misc;@SIX_Blood

Yeah thats right but are you sure the they read @six_misc;@six_blood in your Arma directory? Make sure the '@six_etc' are seen directly in your base folder not within another folder.

Meaning when you click on Program Files/Arma- you should see the '@six_stuff' listed in the same column as 'addons', 'missions' etc...

Yeah thats right but are you sure the they read @six_misc;@six_blood in your Arma directory? Make sure the '@six_etc' are seen directly in your base folder not within another folder.

Meaning when you click on Program Files/Arma- you should see the '@six_stuff' listed in the same column as 'addons', 'missions' etc...

Yep. @SIX_xxx are folders in your ArmA base folders, alongside Addons.

im sorry im compleatly lost now lol base folder? explain sorry for being a noob about this i was rockin with OFP lol ARMA new to me lol smile_o.gif thanks

<span style='color:red'>OFPEC Blood Effect 1.4 Hotfix</span>

Well just a little update.

Like Sickboy already told camCreate is works with the script.

At the beginning i spend more then 3 day's on how to get it working with camCreate but without luck.

With animals ( Dragonfly, Seagull, Honeybee ) it always work's with camCreate so i created a new config.cpp which used the Animal class of ArmA.

So if someone of you has a good knowledge of config.cpp coding please take a look at it may there is something to fix too.

Well i started with scripting 4 or 5 month bevore so i don't have the best knowledge and writing a config.cpp still crashes my head. biggrin_o.gif

Now since i used the Animal classes of ArmA it works with camCreate too but i had not checked it.

I also did some changes to the settings of the Blood Effects.

May it should run better now. Simply give it a try. wink_o.gif

Mirrow: <span style='color:red'>ArmA OFPEC Blood Effect v.1.4</span>

im sorry im compleatly lost now lol base folder? explain sorry for being a noob about this i was rockin with OFP lol ARMA new to me lol smile_o.gif thanks

Alright let me try again. When you click open Program Files then Bohemia or whatever you will see you Arma folder. When you open this folder you will see all the necessary folders you need to run Arma ie.. DTA, Addons, Campaigns etcc... This is called your root directory or Base folder contents.

In this Base folder, the mods you have added to your shortcut must appear EXACTLY the same here. For example,

-mod=@six_blood must appear EXACTLY that way in your Base folder.

When there is a problem, often it is because something like @six_blood is not listed in Base folder but is actually inside another folder. You will need to move these @mods directly into your Base folder.

Sorry SNKMAN for the OT tounge2.gif

@SNKMAN

The blood doesn't seem to want to work on road textures. Just spent an hour trying to work out why no-one in the city was bleeding, transferred everyone outside the city and bingo, blood.

Further observation showed that sometimes you can *just* see blood on road textures, but only sometimes very weakly, like the texture is either weaker or mixing with the road texture. My presumption is that the road texture is "above" the blood object.

Using the @SIX_Blood BTW.

@SNKman, about the road bug: you're missing the CfgMaterials and CfgTextureToMaterial classes in your config.

Then in the cfgMterials, in your blood material, use the following flags:

renderFlags[] = {NoZWrite,NoAlphaWrite};

See BIKI article on RVMAT for more info.

Cheers.

Guess we'll wait for 1.5 smile_o.gif we seriously need firstaid kit for snipers & specops teams.

errr... so, any news about this mod?

It's now part of the SixthSense addon pack 1.

errr... so, any news about this mod?

It's now part of the SixthSense addon pack 1.

Please don't put me into one box toghetter with 6th Sense.

I absolutly have nothing to do with this 6th Sense stuff. 6th Sense is doing his job and i do mine.

@DMarkwick

What would you say, if someone took your smoke effects, rename every variable and call it what ever Smoke Effects?

And then someone come into your Smoke effect thread and say it now part of ... what ever...

I think you would not like it. Right?

But anyway the next release is still W.I.P. so don't worry i'm still working on it. wink_o.gif

Good things need time. smile_o.gif

quick question how do i get this to work ive been messing around for more then an hour i followed the installation instructions, put it in my adds on folder in every way possible but when i play campaign my mission or any thing i don't get the awesome mod? also does what version of the game you're running on matter for this mod.

Thx Grim123 :noob in distress:

Hi Grim123 and welcome to the Bi Forums. smile_o.gif

1. The blood effect's didnt work in a Campaign they are only usable for mission designers.

So put the OFPEC_Blood.pbo into your "ArmA\AddOns" folder. You did that.

Did you also put the "OFPEC_Blood" folder into your mission folder and did you wrote <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[] exec "OFPEC_Blood\Blood_Init.sqs" into the init.sqs of your mission, where you like to use the blood effects at?

Beautiful work, thanks for the time. I look forward to the release of your WIP.

Jesus, You've got to be kidding me.

SNKMAN: if you need any help, just say the word. Basically, we need medikits for small teams (recon/specops) and MP optimization. Thats all.

and MP optimization. Thats all.

I thought it was a client-side eye-candy effect, like my smoke effects. Am I wrong? (again wink_o.gif)

Ok...I'm stupid and probably crazy and my brain is going to explode.....but.... You are talking about putting pbo file in the addon folder, then you say that every addon must have a folder with the same name inside the base folder....then you talk about sqs files and scripts to add.....I'm lost!!

1st question: wath the example mission folder need? Just like example, or i need it for use the blood-mod also in single and multyplayer missions?

2nd question: how i use the sqs and sqm files?? Where i have to put them? i don't understand the exemple folder!!!

I'm sorry, but i spent 2 days trying to use this addon and i can't understand every step.

P.S. sorry for my english.....i'm italian icon_rolleyes.gifcrazy_o.gifbanghead.gif