Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu Presents: "Pack1"

I'm not a big poster but I just had to reply here. Your mod is one of the few must have mods! The blood and other effects are great but the tracers are a real wow moment every time they come your way. There's nothing like hunkering down with tracers skimming over your head. It really is taking ArmA to another level. Much appreciated . notworthy.gif

Any reason why I am getting a

Six Misc requires addon extended_init_eventhandlers

error on start up?

maybe because Six Misc requires the addon extended_init_eventhandlers by Solus and you don't have it ? whistle.gif

the addon is included in the latest version of 6thSense.eu-Pack1_v0.3f , you should have it in the rar file already , maybe you deleted it by mistake

Silly question, how can you pull weapons (SCAR, HK, M-14) in editor? I only see set classes and can only try weapons in Armorery. Thanks

Hi Sickboy,

Been using your SIX_Tracers for quite some time and IMO it's one of those "must have" addons that adds alot to ArmA. I've always disliked the OFP "laser beam tracers" and was surprised to see them still there in stock ArmA confused_o.gif

Anyway, for some reason we have mostly played on the west side until recently and after playing as OPFOR I noticed that the green tracers are much less visible than the red tracers (at least from the shooters viewpoint).

Yesterday, I toyed around in the editor testing both red/green tracers on M16/AK47/M240/PK and for me there is a noticable difference in size/appearance/visibilty.

In situations where I can clearly see my own red tracers when firing my weapon I'm having a very hard time seeing the green ones (and no, it's not the muzzle flash affecting it). The green tracers seems hardly a pixel wide and the streaks also seems to thin comparing to the red tracers and red seems to have a better/bigger "glow" around them.

So I wonder, are there any difference in the size of the 3D models and/or difference in the red/green textures that causing this or are there any other explanation?

Thanks for a great addon!

/KC

PS: Currently using SIX_Tracers  found in the Pack1 v0.3.

Are there any plans to update the EditorUpdate with QG-Objects?

Would appreciate!

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

@KeyCat; Will be looked into, will get back to you

@Medicus; I do plan to do it, but priorities are otherwise at this time. I can not say exact timing, but do not expect it to be available for at least another month.

@Medicus; I do plan to do it, but priorities are otherwise at this time. I can not say exact timing, but do not expect it to be available for at least another month.

Good to hear.

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

i noticed the rifles tracers are gone. also the large calibre sniper rifle tracers are gone as well sad_o.gif

i noticed the rifles tracers are gone.

We had a lot of people who didn't like them, so they were disabled, as a response to popular demand. The last 5 bullets are tracer rounds so you know when to reload.

The rifle tracers are still present in 6thsensemod itself trougth.

Sniper rifle tracers were a mistake right from the start. It was fixed.

@ Nov. 09 2007,13:28)]
i noticed the rifles tracers are gone.

We had a lot of people who didn't like them, so they were disabled, as a response to popular demand. The last 5 bullets are tracer rounds so you know when to reload.

Huh? In the latest release (0.3 in 1st post) I get rifle tracers every 5th round. And every 3rd for MGs.

I would prefer it the other way round though. But I'll change that myself since it seems others like it the way it is.

Yes, I'm also used with the 3rd round as tracer and every 5th in MGs. But I dont know how its done by US soldiers.

Yes, I'm also used with the 3rd round as tracer and every 5th in MGs. But I dont know how its done by US soldiers.
Quote[/b] ]Used by M60, M219, and M240 machine guns, and the M14 rifle. For observation of fire, incendiary effects, signaling, and for training. When tracer rounds are fired in machine guns, they are mixed with ball ammunition in a ratio of four ball rounds to one tracer round.

From here.

Don't know how true it is, just found it in a quick google search.

I notice the M249 has every 5th round as tracers, since it shares the same ammo type as the M4/M16 in ArmA.

Every 5th round for all guns would be fine with me. But every 3rd for the rifles would be nice.

This also means less tracers in the air at once, so it helps performance a tiny bit I guess.

Another nitpick: In all the videos of the A10 firing it's cannon (in real life) I don't see any tracers. Maybe the tracers in this mod for the A10 should be removed confused_o.gif

Another nitpick: In all the videos of the A10 firing it's cannon (in real life) I don't see any tracers. Maybe the tracers in this mod for the A10 should be removed confused_o.gif

But you gotta agree there's nothing more awsome than being in a tight spot with enemies coming to get you and seeing a stream of tracers coming from beind you, blasting the enemies and then the delayed sound of the gun.

Rifles do not get tracer rounds every X number of rounds. They only pinpoint you in battle. Machine guns do however.

The only exception I'm aware of is when a soldier will load up just one tracer round and say something like "watch my tracer" when designating targets.

Rifles do not get tracer rounds every X number of rounds. They only pinpoint you in battle. Machine guns do however.

Rifle tracers can be toggled on and off in the difficulty options, that applies to this mod too. That also makes it more fair in MP when you play with people who are not using it smile_o.gif

At night all will see your muzzle flash too. wink_o.gif

Tracer rounds are usually loaded in machineguns to get better fire direction. Another thing is that those rounds are loaded by soldiers themselves. I think it's diffcult to make an nice "ammo option menu" in briefing - gear menu for loading specific rounds by player, before mission starts.

Fighter/bomber planes don't need tracer round - there are only show effects in movies and demonstrations.

Please help! Under editor, how can I get M-14, HK, and other weapons. I see them in Armory, but not in editor. Please explain how too. I have read the read me, with no solution, am i missing something? Thank you for the help

Scott

confused_o.gif

Please help! Under editor, how can I get M-14, HK, and other weapons. I see them in Armory, but not in editor. Please explain how too. I have read the read me, with no solution, am i missing something? Thank you for the help

Scott

confused_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">removeAllWeapons this; {this addMagazine "*"} forEach [1,2,3,4,5,6]; this addWeapon "*";

Replace * with magazine/weapon of choice

then copy and paste into the init line of the unit you want to have the weapon

voila

Oh please not whole that Tracer Discussion again... LOL  whistle.gif

The old thread and even this thread is full of it already smile_o.gif

(Aka: The mod is fully configurable to your taste, believes, wishes, etc. etc. Coming to a grande conclussion that suites all is an utopie smile_o.gif)

@ Nov. 09 2007,12:28)]We had a lot of people who didn't like them, so they were disabled, as a response to popular demand. The last 5 bullets are tracer rounds so you know when to reload.

And if is a PvP game the enemy will also know when you are about to reload crazy_o.gif You better hide very well while reloading, LOL.

Sorry Sickboy, I couldn't help my self to make one last comment about the tracers. huh.gif

I was thinking about the sounds when a unit is injured, the screams and moanings and so on; do you have any intentions to update them sounds at any stage? Cos I could get you some stuff recorded.

Laterz

How do I get all objects to show up in editor( ie HK,SCAR, and other addons). Just want to play single player. Thanks

Scott

I was thinking about the sounds when a unit is injured, the screams and moanings and so on; do you have any intentions to update them sounds at any stage? Cos I could get you some stuff recorded.

Laterz

Im very interested in this because im not a sound-guy and hated tuning the sounds, volumes and what not. Anyone willing to help on this matter would be really cool.

ATM i'm in a little break again from ArmA, not because of ArmA itself but I got myself a big ass 52" LCD HDTV and i'm enjoying some PS3 & PC SP games like Crysis and others on 1920x1080 with a nice 5.1 soundset blowing my mind smile_o.gif

I'm sure this period will pass soon and I will get back into the balance of ArmA Development and Gaming. smile_o.gif

But just not yet...  pistols.gif   biggrin_o.gif