Sign in to follow this  
awins1

Expansion: Arma: Queen's Gambit

Porto looks great, too bad its so tiny, i would have liked a large version of it. The guy said the "rebels" will use technicals so i presume they will atleast make some new opfor?

Haha, did you see the massive slowdown at 1.51 in the youtube video due to the overdraw on the vegetation? Honestly, I wonder why BIS incorporated such highly detailed vegetation when it even grinds their demonstration PCs to a halt.

Porto looks good for a laugh in the same sense that C&H airfield maps or maps based around one city in Sahrani are. I wonder specifically about the wisdom of having a smaller island that while admittedly loads more quickly also will increase the likelihood of having to load the main island (Sahrani) a lot more often as surely not all multiplayer servers will have missions based around this island, and perhaps servers might run a mix of missions?

It looks like the future of the game is in the hands of user made maps..

I never liked Sahrani much.

I liked Rahmadi but it was too small.

I like the style of Porto but its also too small.

I most likely wont like a new/edited version of Sahrani.. because i just dont like Sahrani.

We have seen quite a few things in Arma 2 screens that should be present in this expantion, the BTR90, the AK74 with cobra sights, the hind, new buildings...

What makes QG worth 20€? huh.gif

First you bitch the island is too big and it lags. now you say this new island is too small?

Emoticons.gif

You seen the size of it... You cant even have 2 armys on that island.. Everyone thought Porto would be a perfect island for a good old CTI, but looking at the size is a no no lol.. I guess the island making will have to be up to the community. smile_o.gif

I don't like the small scale of QG. Every time I see some news about it the same stuff appears, it is begining to look like we will be paying for a patch, an island and a rebel technical.

If we don't buy it the community will be split... I am surprised the players that have been in the community since OFP have not called for it to be boycotted.

We will have to see what happens.

I think we MUST boycott it, because if it will continue the same way, we will be obliged to pay 20-45 euros for any small patch + a few damn models (not the best quality btw) every few month.....

I'we bought my Arma Euro version for 50 euros, but it will be stupid to pay half of this price for 3% of new content...

Damn th*fts...

If they will continue as they do, all this content of new "Official Addons" will be cracked and repacked.

The ppls not so stupid as BIS think.

PS BIS don't like any kind of critics, so it won't surprise me if i'll be banned !!

Damn thefts...

They are only thieves if they force you to buy it, if you feel you dont need the new content just dont buy it. icon_rolleyes.gif

Damn thefts...

They are only thieves if they force you to buy it, if you feel you dont need the new content just dont buy it. icon_rolleyes.gif

I think if we pay for BETA version, we must have a good suport until the game will be finished.

Look at this forum and you will understand what this game STILL be BETA version with 100000000 bugs !

ArmA is just ... awesome! - 14 pages.

ArmA is just ... disappointing - 54 pages !

BIS abandon this project before it is finished and strats new game. It's like a sell you half of new car for the price of complete one.

Damn thefts...

I think if we pay for BETA version, we must have a good suport until the game will be finished.

Look at this forum and you will understand what this game STILL be BETA version with 100000000 bugs !

ArmA is just ... awesome! - 14 pages.

If you think that 1.08 is still an unreleasable BETA version you are just a whiner and there is absolutely no point in arguing with you.

You dont need to buy QG, its not like Resistance which you were more or less forced to buy because of new engine features and MP incompatiblilty.

Its like Red Hammer, and yeah some people didnt think that was enough content to pay for, but back then people didnt make a big point of it and just didnt buy it. icon_rolleyes.gif

Damn thefts...

I have to agree here. For those (myself included) that feel ARMA was released to early or whatever and think that its not ok to put out this expansion or even ARMA2, just dont buy them. There is to much namecalling from all sides here(still) and that is not helping either us or BI.

Guest Ti0n3r

What ofpforum said. And, all this QG bashing is getting kinda old goodnight.gif

Sellings

One year after release.

OFP - over 1 000 000 copys are sold

Arma - even not 100 000 copys.

Because Codemasters have forced BIS to finished their work.

And OFP was JUST GREAT.

But not ARMA. Not yet i hope.

Quote[/b] ]ArmA is just ... awesome! - 14 pages.

Do you realy understand what it mean huh.gif

Sellings

After one year after release.

OFP - over 1 000 000 copys are sold

Arma - even not 100 000 copys.

Good job on pulling statistics out of your ass, the 1 000 000 was not 1 year after the release and we have no idea how well ArmA sold, but it was the top selling game for a few weeks in germany and hit the top charts in several other european countries.

Damn th*fts...

The ppls not so stupid as BIS think.

48h vacation from these forums for flaming even though the topic subtitle says "*NO SPAMMING OR FLAMING*"

On a sidenote, the included patch 1.09 will be available for free as the other patches too, so your ranting about this is pointless and simply spamming.

ofpforum

48h too for the same reason.

Might be a good idea to get back on topic now without the usual flaming, basing and spamming. wink_o.gif

I can agree with the 'fanboys' (if that name is allowed to use and i 'was' a fanboy). But can we search what the meaning of an expension is? Afaik it is an expansion and price labeled on it shoudl be equal to what it represents. Also an expension is made (afaik) to highlight and expent a bigger amount of people (promote).

Although we need to base ourself on speculations, review and crappy movieshots, still i'm not impressed and running circles of joy.

What i mean is, and i 99% will buy it is i see it more or less as the VBS1 pack, you don't have it you get put in a corner. As i'm no SP player and depent a bit on trusted servers, if they decide to buy it i will (need too). If not, i put them to the challenge not to run it or leave when the time is there...

It isn't about the money for me and i suppose for others aswell. But is about what you get for it. Imho it is a joke and a joke BI and co will in the end pay for it. Like pointed out, sales aren't what they used to be, dev. costs aren't getting cheaper, BUT the public only expects MORE (not a game industry only wink_o.gif).

This is not meant as a spam or toll post, but like some a warning call BIS needs to think what they do. Not that they don't (i think it is more forced then want)...

Without crossing or go of topic, but i really hope they think twice before releasing ArmA2. If not, i'm affraid this will be the end. In the end it is the people who are customers and bring in cash and if you loose them (by dissapointing them in steps) you are history.

I'm still a 'fanboy' and it is very sad to see how things are going. Yes, i and others had great expectations and maybe the split and other factors will prevent it will ever be the so called Next generation of ultimate simulators.

For the rest, i took my pills and taking it day by day as the doctor told me wink_o.gif .

I will buy ArmA II if it turns out how I expect but QG makes me feel like a Sterling sign.

Having said that, If QG is more than a map, a campaign, a technical and a patch then I may have another look but at the moment with the admitantly little info I have, my money will go to better things.

Quote[/b] ]I can agree with the 'fanboys' (if that name is allowed to use and i 'was' a fanboy)....*snip*

I agree with every single word you posted DaSquade. I feel 100 percent the same.

Hope the remake campaign for Arma that comes with QG brings the OFP feel to Arma .

That the island is small big I dont care as long as there is a good story wink_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]good story

Definitely the most important thing if you ask me (together with good mission design).

From an Arma expantion i expected a new island with a new campaign taking place on it (a good one), and a few new vehicles and weapons that everyone expected Arma to have in the first place.

The idea of instaling another Rahmadi (Porto) and another Sahrani turns me off... I think Arma and the comunity deserved a decent expantion.

Its disapointing to see new buildings, vehicles and weapons in the early Arma 2 screens (stuff that people wanted in Arma like the hind, BTR, etc) and only some edited leftovers in QG.

I think BIS might be giving up on Arma a little too soon, if the expantion rocked it would sell and many people would buy the Arma gold edition since it would be a valuable package.

If the expantion turns out crap it might end up doing more harm than good and just kill the game...

Im a fanboy but not blind, i think they made a very bad mistake..

I'm gettin this. Anyone know where to pre-order this at? Less than a month away and I cannot find it anywhere, not even on gamestops website.

I'm gettin this.  Anyone know where to pre-order this at? Less than a month away and I cannot find it anywhere, not even on gamestops website.

Try Play.com, it will be like ArmA, very hard to find.

@ Heatseeker: It is a big mistake, the marketing and production planning is flawed.

Just ordered on Amazon, cause even if ArmA isnt perfect i have soem good fun with it ( and i really want the SLA model with the wool cap as stupid as that sounds tounge2.gif ).

Also it seems they made the campaign more personal this time which is a good sign i think ( good sample are the PMCs name in the loading screens ).

Btw the packshot

QG Packshot

Doesnt seem like they used the much discussed contest winner, at least not on the german version.

Not a perfect cover but also not a too bad one... it brings me in the right mood at least.

Well I hope, for their sake they put a pbo protection on that.

or wait, how did they make Resistance protected from OFP users?