Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution V3.0

After reading some of the posts about how players take a engineer slot, but only use it to go lone wolf, I have an idea...

Is it possible to disable points for kills if you are an engineer or medic?  This would limit the way a player would get points to only healing/repairing, clearing city, or POW capture, etc.

This would deter players who only want to go out and kill enemy troops from picking these classes, since they wouldnt get any points for kills.  A player who picks engineer or medic would then focus on healing /repairing to get points, which is what their true jobs are anyway.

This is a bad idea/suggestion.  Keep it real, Engineers and Medics are NOT Chaplains, so they should continue to get points for killing the enemy.  When I'm in either of these roles, I'm with my squad mates fighting when necessary, and supporting the war effort applicable to the role of Engineer or Medic.

I never said engineers/medics had to stop fighting... you just dont get points for kills, was my idea.

Excellent mission!

I´ve played it so much it starts to get...well "boring"...I know that most players don´t want addons in evolution but it could really spice up the mission & athmosphere, maybe a separate mission with addons and the original is left as it is.

Addon version could use some of these:

- Ebud´s specops

- Rellikki´s troops

- Jonny´s marines

- RHS mi-24 Hind

- DMarkwick's DMSmokeEffects

- plasman´s t72 and bmp2

- Skaven´s RACS

- Törni´s RACS M60A3

- Skaven´s & Shadow´s NXRussian Marines & VDV (WIP)

...just to mention a few possible addons.

I was also playing Evolution 3.0 Rus-version in some server, in that version the sides were changed (you were sahranian), it was refreshing I must say.

The uniforms can be changed via ColonelSanders replacement packs, which is a client side only addon. You get the best of both worlds that way.

Using replacement packs may give a cheat notice if the server doesn't have it as well.

confused_o.gif

Here's a question amongst all the debate about keeping Evolution pure....

.... how in hades do you rearm vehicles?!?!

a: return to the airfield

b: build or go to a FARP

then occasionally you have to do the dance: get in as driver, get out, get in as gunner, get out, then get in as driver again.

I am all for dumbing down Engineer kill points. It ruins the game when an Engineer takes a Humv MK19, builds a FARP on top of some hill and just sits there and peppers the whole city.

Or want to keep the kill points, I would 'disable' the vehicle for about a minute between repairs. Remove the ammo and have it being serviced which a minute being a realistic amount of time in a 4 hour map or a quick reload in a 24 hour map.

Evolution by far is an awesome map. When you have people all-around the world playing a mission you created, for months on end- you have something to hang your hat on.

Is there any way to recover an aircraft lost over water?

Is there any way to recover an aircraft lost over water?

I haven't tried it yet, but the next time it happens assuming it is not to far out, I want to try to push it ashore with a M113 (since they are amphibious) and then repair it. The M113 is very slow in water so I am not sure how much "force" it can generate to be able to push it but that is the only option I can figure.

Oh, I tried that at first after I crashed the Cobra. I managed to get it almost to the beach without engine before it hit the water. Its so shallow there that the top of it is above water, but the the M113 just runs over it. Collision detection seems to be not so complete as I would wish in this case.

So are we looking at a possible date for an update on the many bugs, and fixes that might be made?

Or is v3.0 pretty much the final product of Evo?

If i could sugest something it would be changing the date.

Why? Because the moonlight has a bad effect on the nvg's wich makes it very annoying to see and play at night. July 1st is new moon and the diference is huge!

#2 would be to have a side mission where the players destroy the power plant and all the street lights go off, because most towns have street lights and they also mess up the NVG's (blind).

Other than that i dont see how it could get any better smile_o.gif .

For "problem" with engineers, limit their ability to build FARPs to 3 per engineer slot.

An idea to increase all round team/support play might be to

cap all scores at the maximum rank, so no more points chasing and maybe more team and support play.

And no more score boards with one player on 1000 points and

another on 3.

You could cap strictly at 200 and any mistakes would result in a demotion and the need to earn a few more points (my favorite). Or cap at say 220 leaving a bit of points space for a few mistakes without demotion.

yep, and also remove some points every time you get killed

This was tested in an earlier version of Evolution, but because of team-kills... it was taken out.

I would suggest limiting the engineer's inventory similar to the medic's, but it wouldn't make much difference if they're vehicle spamming.

What about giving points only to people in squads? Not to an idividual? Would this promote team play?

So at the the begining of the game, people who want points, and the guchi weapons and gear, will have to join a squad to progress further. A squad leader slot would have to be available in the begining to kick start the process, however.

Rank and points could be awarded to others, over time spent in such squads. Then perhaps when the squads have grown in size, or an idividual becomes a lieutenant or something, they can split from their current squad, and form another one. They could request AI as squad members until such time, a human player wanted to join that squad, and replace an AI slot.

Where can I get the file that makes your character level? I would like to use it in my owen multiplayer or single player maps.

I'd like to see the addition of enemy AA soldiers in towns to try and stop people in Cobra's/Kamovs just hovering above towns and basically clearing it before the ground troops get there.

I'd like to see the addition of enemy AA soldiers in towns to try and stop people in Cobra's/Kamovs just hovering above towns and basically clearing it before the ground troops get there.

Anything that stops the air whorage. A few strelas would be killer.

I'd like to see the addition of enemy AA soldiers in towns...

Anything that stops the air whorage. A few strelas would be killer.

Or a few patrolling shilkas!

I like the whole concept of this Evolution thing.  It's real good fun.

What I would like to see, is the option to play as opfor and try to stuff the bluefor efforts.  Obviously, the opfor player couldn't be allowed to enter the bluefor base (or spawn hunting).  Only maybe one or two 'enemy' slots, far less than the 'good guys'.

What’s your though on that?

Or maybe a pilot class that can only fly aircraft and have no other benefits or earn points.   Reason for this thinking is that players who’ve managed to get enough points to fly have done so by being foot soldiers and getting involved in the action, and probably don't want to mess about ferrying players around the map.  Whilst people like me would love to be a pilot and do nothing but transport or provide air support...  

What’s your thoughts on that?

Oh, I tried that at first after I crashed the Cobra. I managed to get it almost to the beach without engine before it hit the water. Its so shallow there that the top of it is above water, but the the M113 just runs over it. Collision detection seems to be not so complete as I would wish in this case.

I had the same problem but after the cobra wreckage was left in the water for about 30 mins or so, it appeared on the helipad.

Anyone heard from KilJoy lately?

Perhaps he's just sick and tired of everybody telling him how to write his mission...

Anyone heard from KilJoy lately?

Perhaps he's just sick and tired of everybody telling him how to write his mission...

QFT whistle.gif

I'm still about, Just a little busy these days. Probably going to realese the east version any day now and an updated evo to match any improvements in it. The folks at ses have requested a no AI teammate option parram which I have yet to include.

I think some AA units might be a good idea. I just hate the way its indefensibly, no incoming warning and no counter mesure system.

Sounds good Killjoy

How easy would it be to reverse the map so that the US start at Pita and work their way down?

We have 10-15 people constantly playing Evo on our server. By now everyone knows Pariso, Somato and Cayo inside out and starting from the top would be a completly new challange.

Really enjoying 3.0, still by far the most popular map on our server.