Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution V3.0

How abt some sort of forward respawn point when 50% of the citys are captured or some sort of respawn truck or maybe tent from the medic ?

Shame. I thought I'd make quite a sensible post - but all I got in reply were people informing me of when the last nuke was dropped in anger - and it was only a rhetorical question anyway!

Looking forward to the new version whatever it contains Kiljoy - bring it!

Hmm.

I really love Evolution. It's all I've done over the last week in my spare time, and have read this thread on the forum keenly for any updates or more information - such as how to make a server remember ranks when a map restarts. (anyone?)

My only niggle about the map is respawning at base all the time. I appreciate the realism thing, and like that people get together and get lifts to the battlefronts...but it's so darn far, a squad of players trying to work together never get that co-op feel as over 50% of your time is spent travellling, and you cant expect the others to wait for you!

Another comment is that medic seems pretty useless. As soon as I get the rank, if I'm injured I'll just call in an AI medic, and if there isn't room in my squad, I'll make room for one.

I'm no coder, but my 2c worth of my first post on these forums would be to suggest a limited respawn option, IF a medic can get to you within a couple of minutes of death, you can respawn at a medic tent IF it's within a certain range of a FARP. This would mean if a group are attacking a certain town and make a decent forward base and have a medic, there is a chance to maintain team work, rather than earn lots of frequent traveller points.

And while your at it, to make FARPS more useful forward bases, have 'abandoned' respawnable vehicles stay if they are within a radius of a FARP. It's sooo annoying to have your repair trucks disappear, or if you keep an AI in them, they attract too much airbourne interest.....

OK - last things, and that's from Kiljoys recent post about the next version. First is -  NUKES?!?! Lets try to keep some realism here: when was a nuke last used in anger?

And as we're onto realism - what's this about everyone halo jumping all the time? There goes the last bit of co-op with everyone spawning together and travelling in convoy. People will be falling out of the sky like frogs! Attacking whatever city they fancy, or just making sad wet puddles on the floor. Maybe let SF halo at high rank, but everyone? In my mind that's a map-killer.

So Kiljoy - please listen to the masses barking on about some sort of respawn options, but it has be be balanced. And please don't ruin your ground breaking map by heading way off the original, realism flavour!

Good Work!

~Z~

Is there any way that I could edit Evolution v3.0? I'd like to add Mapfact's AH-64's to it. I un-PBO'd the file, and put it in My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles\MyName\missions\EvolutionV30.sara ,but I can't get it to open in the mission editor. When I click on Load, it recenters my map and doesn't load the mission. Any suggestions?

Which one is getting released first Evo stock, or Evo red, or both?

Shall we start calling is EVO Blue? I'm not being sarcastic, just if we have an EVO Red (presumably for OpFor) then it makes sense to call the other one EVO Blue...

Quote[/b] ]

Could you prehaps sort it so that support calls don't take your score past zero, or lower than your current rank..?

Yes thats how it works, you can not demote your self you are told how meny "spare points" on top of your rank. for instance if you have 45 points 45 - 30 = 15 spare points.

Dont worry about nukes zach72 they really don't affect game play much. It would take 4 to totally cover a city marker area for instance. So there effective area is far from realistic.

About respawn, I find halo covers this.

They would be released together.

I thought about evo blue and red but then I thought it was all getting a bit pokimon. None the less I might do it.

Played in Evo 3.0 as US side and also Evo Red and these two versions was fun smile_o.gif Maybe too more I like a communist side but whatever tounge2.gif

The actions when we had a team of cooperative players is just awesome and that mission is just great smile_o.gif

It's like a mix of Bastige mission for WGL (OFP tounge2.gif ) and Dynamic Afghanistan with lot of shooting and warfare...

One of best MP missions out of date... biggrin_o.gif

Hi there Killjoy. Just want to take the opportunity Thank you for all your hard work on the Evo missions. Its the one I and my clan members play more than any other, Brilliant work. notworthy.gif

I've looked through most of the thread but wanted some more info on the Red Evo. I've played a version that starts with a Russian base in the airstrip at Pita and works southwest to the main US airstrip NW of Paraiso.

Is this the beta version of which you speak or another scandalous re-modding of your original. It's just that the map plays really well that way and gives a whole different perspective to the mission. TBH I actually prefer the Red mission myself.

I know you busy but any chance of a quick summary of the new features we can expect?

Keep up the good work, and have BIS offered you large sums of cash yet for producing the quintessential ARMA mission. If not, why not? wink_o.gif

@ Oct. 04 2007,15:37)]I thought about evo blue and red but then I thought it was all getting a bit pokimon. None the less I might do it.

rofl.gif

PS...there is an evolution blue!! wow_o.gif

must be one of those unofficial version.

Just answered all my questions by releasing the new EVOLUTION. Oh Happy day! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Kiljoy's newest version of Evolution is out !!!  yay.gif

Evolution Blue & Red

Oh God, oh God, oh God! thumbs-up.gif

<s>[EDIT]; um slight question(s)  how do you request HALO?  and where is the 'mission hut'?

I love the fact you now respawn with your old weapon load out. smile_o.gif</s>

[EDIT 2]; WHAT! I went back onto Jolt.co.uk today (the only playable ping result i can get keeps me going back), only to be told the new Evolution has been taken off because it crashes the server!! is this true?!! wow_o.gif

@ Oct. 04 2007,15:37)][...]

Dont worry about nukes zach72 they really don't affect game play much. It would take 4 to totally cover a city marker area for instance. So there effective area is far from realistic.

About respawn, I find halo covers this.

[...]

Hmm no i didnt think so. the nuke not but the chemstrike.

You have ever use the halo? it's faster to drive on the street as an Halo drop, and i didn't think you can reach the whole island. (i have try sometimes a Halo to Pita, i've never reach them). A drop like a Parajump in near of Farps, or better Medic tents, was very nice maybe.

- parajump function by medic tents. (only player can build them? That was good for the teamplay too, and incrase the useabillty of the medic class)

- costs for Chemstrike and Nuke incrase...one rank per nuke or chemstrike...how mean biggrin_o.gif

And Yes, the respawn of the services truck is VERY annoying. in a middle or endgame, the base is mostly empty of heavy weapons and only a pioneer can recover the destroyed toys.

- disabled option for the respawn of the trucks was maybe helpfull (only for Pioneers, like the "lock" option)

- A Wrecker funktion on the service truck that can be use by all was good too i think. or the lift function on the coppers...but this was not so good... i dont kown. i think the wrecker option was better, because the backhawks was unrespawnable too. ^^

another one: why have the sidemissions Timer? And why the Shilkas don't respawn at start? Some player get one mission and let it runnig...and the mission completed by itself, excatct in the moment then they was timed out normaly. For this "non doing the mission" was a timerless sidemissin better. Furthermore the timer was sometime or in higher point mission to short. I must fight me through the whole island, on a Bad day three time in a row (popped out of nowhere Shilkas in front of you was funny...NOT). I reach the target finally..."Warning:You have only 5 Minutes left..." confused_o.gif

- visible counter for timer or "no timer" option at Mapstart.

- more points = more time (10 points = 30 min, 20 p =60 min...)

- Shilkas respawn at map init

Airborne: a speciall Mission for highranks to kill the whole enemy airbornes then you clear the city of Pita...and the airfield byside. or a special respawn in this city. i think a special mission was better. and the condition that no support was use on them(like nuke or chemstrike).Let it be hard to do this, i think many highranks try it one time at least, because the airborn respawn can be like a poke in a nest of Hornets...jeah this was the penalty then he failed...the 2nd airfield was activated (doubled the airborne)...and the Kamos kill all what he see on sight...sometime they do it just now. sad_o.gif

- airborne disabled under some conditions

- if mission failed the airboren was heavy and very aggressiv without provoking by the player. ( QG mod: the bomber attacks the Player Airfield and Farps.)

some little:

- a uniform squad editor, they was perm in the action options, equal in cars. base HQ or in the field

and now the good things:

+ not all hand weapons was free for the low ranks. some editing at the unlocks...but this it's a matter of taste.

+ Limited heavy weapons, because heavy metal rush was only fun in CTI's ^^

+ 2nd targets in Town (radio tower and officers)

+ civil cars as alternate respawn driving ^^

+ rules of engatment to prevent the "Boomchikawawa" of towns. a littelbit more was good i think...but then the MK was totaly useless ^^

+ lasermarker point shareing

+ sidemissions (yes, the most of the time it's fun)

damn...i want only whining about the timer...and now... whistle.gif

Let me learn ArmA scripting and i help you to developing this features ^^

Hey guys, sent a PM to you Kiljoy but didn't realise all the forums had moved over here :D

I just had a few questions/issues with Version 3.0. The thing is, I downloaded it the other day and wanted to play it on LAN with my friend. No problems there, things we did notice in game however was that for some reason, the scoreboard wasn't tracking my friend's kills too well - mainly vehicle kills. I think it recorded about 3/10 of his vehicle kills, I even put the first shot in a T-72 and have him finish it off sometime later, only for me to get the point. Is there any particular way I have to host the server or is something missing?

Another thing was, I was driving a Hmmv slowly through town with my friend up top on the grenade launcher. I was just travelling down the street in a straight line, when the game told me I had broken the rules of engagement and deducted 30 points. :( Was I going to fast down the road or something? lol

Finally, after about an hour or gameplay or something we were just about to cut the communications at the first city when the mission update told us that the city was clear....well this wasn't the case, the city was still crawling with troops, however all the AI were just standing there and vehicles were frozen! We then took out the tower but nothing happened, no update message or anything.

Anyways, that's all I can remember. There may have been one more but I can't remember, if I do I'll update this post or whatever. Thanks for reading.

@Eroglik,

Your first point on the points system could be that your friend did not provide the killing blow or do more direc5t damage that you or the world (world being a Explosion close by).

Second point on the 30 points lost, your friend must have killed the Officer that is not armed but there for capture, pay attention to the notes in the mission.

Third it is possible to clear a city with out the reinforcements reaching it in time to stop the city being cleared. You will need to have about 4 players to have the reinforcements come in fast enouph for you to take down the tower to clear the city.

Hope this is of some help to you.

F

@Eroglik,

Your first point on the points system could be that your friend did not provide the killing blow or do more direc5t damage that you or the world (world being a Explosion close by).

Second point on the 30 points lost, your friend must have killed the Officer that is not armed but there for capture, pay attention to the notes in the mission.

Third it is possible to clear a city with out the reinforcements reaching it in time to stop the city being cleared. You will need to have about 4 players to have the reinforcements come in fast enouph for you to take down the tower to clear the city.

Hope this is of some help to you.

F

1. He took out a few tanks by himself

2. We were in the middle of a city, travelling, not shooting at anything. I don't see why me, the driver would lose 30 points even if he did kill him with the grenade launcher

3. There were still troops and vehicles within the city when it said it was clear, the AI was just stood there...alive but not doing anything.

:)

T.y for the reply though

1. If the tank cooks a second or two before it explodes - no points

2. vehicle crews are taken as squads; the behavour of one affects all

3. sounds like the server crashed. a town can be declared clear with the tower still up if there are no enemy vehicles in town. You then get the fun situation of enemy reinforcements coming to a town people think is safe.

I always get points if I hit a vehicle and it takes a while before it explodes.

Okay for point 2, thanks although I'm pretty sure no points were deducted from him...lucky bastard. :P

Not sure if you mean server crashed the way I think it means but the server was still running, just a problem with that particular town at the time but if you say it's a bug then okay. :D

Thanks

1. ...I don't know anyone who gets points for a delayed explosion.

2. :D

3. server can crash without stopping, so that nothiing happens but u can still walk around. U can't kill anything. The reinforcements coming after the town clear message is not a bug; it's because the tower is still up.