Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution V3.0

@ July 29 2007,17:19)]I'm still about, Just a little busy these days. Probably going to realese the east version any day now and an updated evo to match any improvements in it. The folks at ses have requested a no AI teammate option parram which I have yet to include.

I think some AA units might be a good idea. I just hate the way its indefensibly, no incoming warning and no counter mesure system.

How is the next version coming along? Good? yay.gif Or, bad? banghead.gif

thebiggestever -

You do have the below set in your Server config?

persistent=1; // keeps map going when everyone leaves

Sorry if that is a silly question but I thought I would ask...

In the immortal words of Bill the Cat, "Ack.Thpblatz"

I've gotten the dedicated server to run and set the affinity to cpu1 and been able to run ArmA (cpu0) and login as admin etc.

Great!

Strangeness, though....

When I go to MP>Lan in Arma there are 2 servers available (both lead to the server I set up, so no real problem I suspect). What is a problem, however, is that when playing I am getting what my friends and I call teleporting (ai guys "blip" from one spot to the next) and the server monitor sometimes drops to as low as 23 FPS.

Both of these are strange...

Teleporting I thought was a question of network/internet speed. However, the Server and client are on the same chip! How could there be that much of a delay?

As per the BI "performance tuning options" (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Dedicated_Server) I tried the "MinErrorToSend=<limit>;" reduction in config, but put it in the server config because I couldn't find the arma.cfg file. It doesn't seem to have helped.

And the chip is running at 3Ghz, 2 gigs ram. Is 23 FPS for the server running just one client (myself) regular? It averages 44-48 FPS, but drops to 23 at times while engaging enemies.

On a better note, it hasn't crashed yet!

Anyway, if anyone has experience with running a dedicated server and a client on the same dual core chip and has any tweaking or hints for this, please post!

As always, thanks in advance for any advice

@ Aug. 04 2007,18:15)]@thebiggestever The scores are saved on the host server in memory if the mission ends your score is reset. Its only use is if you should have a client crash or maybe want to disconnect for a while and take a break as the mission can last up to 12 hours.

When you reconnect in this instance you will get your rank back.

So could it be the server not saving my score?

I did a fresh install of arma and patch up to 1.08. I then gave myself another name. I still have the problem...

This is weird and doens't make any sense? Could my cd key be the problem a bad one? Again this is a legit game I bought off the shelf in best buy...

Unless the server has something wrong?...

I don't get it?..

Very, Very Frustrated here. I have stopped playing arma online. no use for it. Won't save my score and rank...

try reinstalling (again), but dont patch up. see if 1.08 is at fault.

I only play on certain servers that are patched up to 1.08. So what the use of playing? If I can't join them...

I can't make all the squad members downgrade there's to 1.05 and the servers. Just so I can play...

Not really an option there...

Maybe I will just have to wait for the next patch?..

'The point' is to see if the problem is with patch 1.08, the game or the server your running on.

If you don't want to put your virtual friends out, launch your own dedicatedserver, host the game, Alt + Tab out, launch ArmA, connect to it, quit, rejoin and see if your scores are saved.

Is that an option?

This might have been mentioned here before, but my POWs keep escaping.

I host my own PW protected server with persistant=1 and a couple of friends. We play a few missions and call it a night and leave the server running. Also I usually leave an AI in the base so I can recruit AIs. Several times, the AI in base reports an enemy spotted and then that he killed him. When I come back to base I see that one of the POWs are missing.

Other times I find them prone on the other side of the wall. Sometimes I can re-capture them but usually I have to kill them.

Also, one time when I came back into the server (the server had been abandoned during the night) the POW guards had been killed and no POWs in camp.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Any news on the problem with friendly ai doing all they can to KILL me when I captured enemy officer/soldier.

This is the most annoying thing I have ever seen since OFP was released.

Evolution has endless hours of fun but when it comes to the capture thingy, all the fun is lost because of this stupid ai.

MfG Lee banghead.gifbanghead.gif

Also, one time when I came back into the server (the server had been abandoned during the night) the POW guards had been killed and no POWs in camp.

Lurker, while in-game I watched an enemy chopper swoop down and smash into a building near the POW camp. It looked like he was trying to target the guards but crashed instead and wound up killing the guards and my pow.

I'm thinking maybe the same thing is happening while you're away from the game. Next time it happens, look for any signs that a chopper has crashed near the POW camp.. y'now, busted trees or flattened buildings.

Any news on the problem with friendly ai doing all they can to KILL me when I captured enemy officer/soldier.

This is the most annoying thing I have ever seen since OFP was released.

Evolution has endless hours of fun but when it comes to the capture thingy, all the fun is lost because of this stupid ai.

MfG Lee banghead.gif  banghead.gif

@ Lee H. Oswald: I can only suggest what's worked for me; I do one of three things before capturing enemy officers and/or enlisted.

a.) Command your AI to mount a vehicle and ride in back.  They won't fire at the vehicle you're flying or driving back to base with the POW onboard.  Ask any of your fellow players to do the same.

b.) If there aren't any vehicles for them to board, then send them down range, inside a building, or as a last resort, Command them to Halt, open the map view and open the notebook to the Group page, selecting each of your AI and manually drop their weapons on the ground.

c.) Don't allow any AI inside the POW Camp area back at base - they'll shoot the POW(s).

d.) If any of your buddies have AI who are at the base, they'll fire on your chopper or vehicle, so make sure their AI are riding in the back of a vehicle or MH-6 at base so they won't fire.

e.) I'm sure someone reading this has thought, "Sniper121, why don't you just command them to Hold Fire?" I'd respond that I did that, but when I boarded the vehicle or chopper with the POW, the Hold Fire status was gone and they shot at me. So, I'm just passing on what I've learned.

After you reach the POW Camp, disembark from the vehicle with your POW(s) and capture/detain them.  If you do not disembark from the vehicle, it will show up as an enemy vehicle (Red target box on the HUD or Map).  I did this once and my guys shot at me when I didn't exit the vehicle after capturing a POW.  Exiting the vehicle/chopper restored the vehicle back to a Green target box on the HUD/Map.  In Veteran mode, the map hasn't shown my player/vehicle Icon color, only in Regular mode.

Finally, when you return to the area where your troops are, select them and command them to go to Gear and retrieve their weapons and AMMO.

Excellent mission!

I´ve played it so much it starts to get...well "boring"...I know that most players don´t want addons in evolution but it could really spice up the mission & athmosphere, maybe a separate mission with addons and the original is left as it is.

Addon version could use some of these:

- Ebud´s specops

- Rellikki´s troops

- Jonny´s marines

- RHS mi-24 Hind

- DMarkwick's DMSmokeEffects

- plasman´s t72 and bmp2

- Skaven´s RACS

- Törni´s RACS M60A3

- Skaven´s & Shadow´s NXRussian Marines & VDV (WIP)

...just to mention a few possible addons.

I was also playing Evolution 3.0 Rus-version in some server, in that version the sides were changed (you were sahranian), it was refreshing I must say.

no

yay.gifMaybe interesting concept:yay.gif

What about idea to include option to "trade" some extra options for points?

Those points would be then decreased by points price of that item after "purchase".

[this idea suits the best people that have over 200 points and can drive everything]

Some of those extra features could be:

1. "bombardment request" on map selected coordinates

2. mortar attack on map selected coordinates

3. ability to build some stuff without engineer & etc.....

brainstorming can bring more ideas what could be that "extra"

What do you guys think about this idea?

yay.gifMaybe interesting concept:yay.gif

What about idea to include option to "trade" some extra options for points?

Those points would be then decreased by points price of that item after "purchase".

[this idea suits the best people that have over 200 points and can drive everything]

Some of those extra features could be:

1. "bombardment request" on map selected coordinates

2. mortar attack on map selected coordinates

3. ability to build some stuff without engineer & etc.....

brainstorming can bring more ideas what could be that "extra"

What do you guys think about this idea?

Nice idea. But i never heard of any one getting demoted for requesting support. How about as well as racking up your promotion points, you also get support points.

More features;

4. Spec ops insertion (a team of 4 invincible troops are inserted at specified coordinates, they do there bit and are then extracted after 5 mins or so

5. Airborne squad (Not invincible, but more of them. A squad of Airborne troops is parachuted in at the specified coordinates. After 5 mins they are extracted.)

6. RACS Squad (Not as good as the Airborne units, but cheaper. They insert by land via M113. Drive to the specified location, dismount and engage the enemy (I doubt they'll last 5 mins, but will leave the area after 5 mins).)

What about that?

Hey guys, first post on these forums. =]

Was playing Evolution V3.0 tonight with my mate, p0intbl4nk (love the map by the way, great how it works.).

We ran into this problem lastnight where I could walk up to enemy's and not get shot at and I could kill them freely, happened again tonight. confused_o.gif

Below is a little movie I made to show this problem and also when looking at the map view, I was showing up blue rather than green. I was in a squad and was able to do everything I could do as a solider apart from get killed. pistols.gif

Anyway, enough talking from me heres the link to the video and if this bug has been reported sorry for wasting your time. smile_o.gif

Video:

Picture: http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zoomzoomak5.jpg

Just turn off the XAM addon and you will play without any problem smile_o.gif

Wow. That really causes it? We have played in lots of servers with XAM on and never ran into this problem, altho I was the host this time..

Just turn off the XAM addon and you will play without any problem smile_o.gif

Wow. That really causes it? We have played in lots of servers with XAM on and never ran into this problem, altho I was the host this time..

Thats my exper. It happens randomly !?! or what ever, example: You die but the score screen wont pop up so you press re spawn button and there you go, you are "god".

That happened to me 4 times out of 80 times playing. Different servers and so. Its not 100% that it will happen either.

One way to stop that is to restart the game.

About the host thing. It mostly (or always, dont remember?!wink_o.gif happens when Im the admin off the server!

Time to ban or fix the problem XAM has?!

Yup. Both times it happened I was the admin, hosting it on my PC, sadley I cant rejoin the server..

Sucks alot being as XAM + Evolution V3.0 is great, without that bug.. rofl.gif

Well blue is civilian or captive color and enemy wont attack them so somethings up there alright.

What is the eta on that official Evolution east-version?

I´ve played East-version on some russian servers but they contain bugs and such...for example US vehicles in base hangars.

Hi Kiljoy,

The captive is blue but if you order him into ant transport, the transport turns red and AI will shoot at you.

KJ, I've scanned through this post but theres so many pages I could have easily missed it, but how can I make the "Air View Distance" setting permanent?  If I set it to 10km inside the recruitment building I can see from one end of the island to the other.  Its fantastic and fixes the view distance bug.  But I cant figure out how to make this a permanent fix, it only works if I do it in the recruitment building.  I've looked everywhere but haven't found anyone else asking this question.  So please Grasshappa, share your wisdom!

Evo rox

Lurker, while in-game I watched an enemy chopper swoop down and smash into a building near the POW camp. It looked like he was trying to target the guards but crashed instead and wound up killing the guards and my pow.

I'm thinking maybe the same thing is happening while you're away from the game. Next time it happens, look for any signs that a chopper has crashed near the POW camp.. y'now, busted trees or flattened buildings.

It just happened again however this time while I was on the server. A KA-50 has passed my base (and shot up my AI vulcan) but it hadn't crashed. However it might have attacked my guards. I guess I just have to shoot the POW after I got the points for him then...

I was playing on the Jolt server and we had a Kamov attacking our Base!

Also I was playing this morning (Only me ant this 'Tim' chap on Jolt) and we had a Kamov crash into our HumVee.

Looks like the AI can't fly them very well in combat...?

Again,shame there was no Hind. sad_o.gif

Also I was playing this morning (Only me ant this 'Tim' chap on Jolt) and we had a Kamov crash into our HumVee.  

Looks like the AI can't fly them very well in combat...?

That is a new AI feature- kamikazi mode. When the pilot runs out of ammo, he will drop from the sky and ram his helicopter into you. rofl.gif

Sorry if this has been posted before (it is a long thread afterall), but the other day on the French NTF server, playing the Red version of Evolution, the RACS MH-6, whenever used, would go completely mental and loopy ( literally tounge2.gif ) and climb up to 1200m, then eventually, after some REALLY soft and smooth control inputs, would fly normally again, for a while, then go crazy again...

huh.gifcrazy_o.gif