Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Nice idea, OPX. Looks great. Did you use 10 meter SRTM DEM? What is the resolution of the sat image? (or how do you handle a 40,960 x 40960 pixel image?)

Quote[/b] ]I tell you, it's not that amusing to make flight-sim terrain for ArmA.. confused_o.gif

what's the size of your satmap?! and if it's 12800 or more, how many GB ram do u have. cuz i'm struggling with my sat for a month now cuz my pc can't handle 12800x12800 vewy well sad_o.gif .

i'm just intrested.

looking good though. although it would be nice to see projects with more vegetation. would be intresting for me how others handle real world data of woody areas (shadows and so on)...cuz that's what i'm doing rightz now yay.gif  banghead.gif

edit: whoops u were faster smile_o.gif

Nice idea, OPX. Looks great.   Did you use 10 meter SRTM DEM?  What is the resolution of the sat image? (or how do you handle a 40,960 x 40960 pixel image?)

20m, the cells are too because buldozer cannot handle 10m cells on 40km maps. Good for performance though.

Satellite is 20480px (PS CS3 cannot export png files above 30k pixels I think, tried it once with an afghan map.... very erratic and unstable performance..), so 2m per pixel.... the import/convert sat and pack/bin takes forever so if you want to fix just some minute detail it could take hours....

how many GB ram do u have. cuz i'm struggling with my sat for a month now cuz my pc can't handle 12800x12800 vewy well sad_o.gif .

3 GB, but Win XP 32 is only capable of utilizing 2.5 I think.

Win XP can handle 3,2GB afaik

Win XP can handle 3,2GB afaik

Well if that's the case I'm happy to be wrong. biggrin_o.gif

oh damn nice mountains Opteryx! thumbs-up.gif

Hope you put some towns and roads to add some interest in the map aswell smile_o.gif

Nice idea, OPX. Looks great.   Did you use 10 meter SRTM DEM?  What is the resolution of the sat image? (or how do you handle a 40,960 x 40960 pixel image?)

20m, the cells are too because buldozer cannot handle 10m cells on 40km maps. Good for performance though.

Satellite is 20480px (PS CS3 cannot export png files above 30k pixels I think, tried it once with an afghan map.... very erratic and unstable performance..), so 2m per pixel.... the import/convert sat and pack/bin takes forever so if you want to fix just some minute detail it could take hours....

how many GB ram do u have. cuz i'm struggling with my sat for a month now cuz my pc can't handle 12800x12800 vewy well sad_o.gif .

3 GB, but Win XP 32 is only capable of utilizing 2.5 I think.

3.2 Gb max for a 32 system. The shocker is that a 32 system will not allow allocation of more than about 1.8 gb to a peice of software. for that u need the 3g fix which u can google for. In either case, once you go 64 u will never have problems ever again.

3.2 Gb max for a 32 system. The shocker is that a 32 system will not allow allocation of more than about 1.8 gb to a peice of software. for that u need the 3g fix which u can google for. In either case, once you go 64 u will never have problems ever again.

Aight dawg.

Here's a vid to demonstrate the terrain, j00tewb kinda kills the impression though... LINK

I might release a alpha version very soon just for the heck of it.

Opteryx nice one

go you make Nellis air force base too ?

ARMA red flag smile_o.gif

Stunning work OPX! Can we count on a release someday soon? smile_o.gif

Also is the map file size rather large/long to load on account of the huge resolution?

PBO file is 686 MB. I'm going to upload it to Megaupload now, hopefully the upload doesn't fail.... Don't expect is to be anything amazing though, it's still prototype/pre-alpha state.

Opteryx, check your mp box, its full, i wanted to send you a mp about palmtree leafs wip and i can't.

edit:typo

reworked BAZEF_flags. Besides these flags a separate set I will let out structures for them with flags of other countries, likely it will be quite good.

On screen: west/east soldier by Vilas, Modul anims, BAZEF WIP

northfa4.th.jpgsouthcp8.th.jpgusa1dj5.th.jpgusa2cc5.th.jpgussr1zd9.th.jpgussr2is7.th.jpg

Nice work on the flags

G.I. on the 3rd must have Polish origins, as he salutes with two fingers wink_o.gif

Nice work on the flags

G.I. on the 3rd must have Polish origins, as he salutes with two fingers wink_o.gif

yep, this anims by Modul

I turned up the cheese for this one.

ga...picts coming soon - experiencing technical difficulties

If you're presenting those as "wall-hangings" as shown then

know that your US flag is displayed wrongly; the union should

be at the observer's left. As if a boy-scout salute wasn't bad

enough... icon_rolleyes.gif

WIP pictures of a small update to my british units, dont know when i will be able to finish them as i am very busy at the moment.

Have added:

radio wires to headset,

glasses,

a plce type thing,

redone the knee pads,

changed the trousers so they are not tucked in,

added a black band round the helmet (known as a paraband i think)

Redone units who have rolled up sleeves.

think that is everything...

main.jpgLarger

brittroop_s.jpgLarger

Might add a few more things but it depends how much time i will have.

Last time I checked... flags have two sides.

Chances are you're seeing the back of the flag!

http://www.jfklibrary.org/NR....448.jpg

That's pretty weak.  You're incidentally seeing the back of the flag in your picture, but it's being displayed the other way.  If the stars and bars are being displayed to you, as they were in those screens, they ought to be the other way around. Since there are two flags on those fixtures, they would be wrong from any angle... unless you're suggesting that the proper place to view those flags is in between them, with the flags draped over you.

F-5E

f5e_alpha.jpg

Upgrade/conversion of old model - still lots to do. Around 2400 polys at the moment.