Sign in to follow this  
Exsosus

Advanced Combat Environment

What happend to "Q" ? Is he not with the ACE-Mod anymore?

Regards, Christian

Due to RL stuff and other things Q had to take leave, it was a huge lost to us and we will miss him but we just have to move forward as always.

In other recent events we are closing on our v1.0 public version our internal v13 should be the benchmark for v1.0, pretty much the core system is finished we are working on adding in new content at the moment such as the MRAPS, UPARMORED HMMWV, HIMARS, STRYKERS w/ SLATS, and all the new goodies you guys want.

Also as of last night IMWM has been merged into ACE to focus on the middle eastern theather so we will be all working as one single entity. We are all excited about the merger and bringing the ACE system into IMWM to further your playing experience.

@ May 18 2008,21:05)]Due to RL stuff and other things Q had to take leave, it was a huge lost to us and we will miss him but we just have to move forward as always.

In other recent events we are closing on our v1.0 public version our internal v13 should be the benchmark for v1.0, pretty much the core system is finished we are working on adding in new content at the moment such as the MRAPS, UPARMORED HMMWV, HIMARS, STRYKERS w/ SLATS, and all the new goodies you guys want.

Also as of last night IMWM has been merged into ACE to focus on the middle eastern theather so we will be all working as one single entity. We are all excited about the merger and bringing the ACE system into IMWM to further your playing experience.

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Interesting and great news, what does it relate to in terms of each mod, more work or features inside the mod or just that ACE now has a kind of theme/conflict to base itself on? Will it mean ACE/IMWM now has a campaign? Would love to see these two mods develop into something truely remarkable (which they seem to be already)!

bootneckofficer

Well i have a mission converter to convert missions ofp to arma then from origional arma to IMWM etc etc etc..

OFP/Arma

Arma/IMWM

Arma/OFP

so if you need any help with missions and if u have a full class list of ofp addons would be great too notworthy.gif

Id beable to help. Im about to finish up some IMWM Missions i created for the mod. too

But for some real strange reason i cant access there site or fourms anymore so ill have to go through Pro-P.

Quote[/b] ]Interesting and great news, what does it relate to in terms of each mod, more work or features inside the mod or just that ACE now has a kind of theme/conflict to base itself on? Will it mean ACE/IMWM now has a campaign? Would love to see these two mods develop into something truely remarkable (which they seem to be already)!

ACE will remain as is, we are going to include more content geared toward that theather of war, I can forsee a campaign but probably not done by us. We might have to rely on outside help, or we might have to do some more recruitment to fill that postion. Currently we are testing out v13 internal which is our benchmark for public v1.0. So cross your fingers..

@Matt

He bud, signup over at the forums and we'll get you in the mix.

@ May 20 2008,04:39)]ACE will remain as is, we are going to include more content geared toward that theather of war

This addon is sounding more epic after every week, can't wait. thumbs-up.gif

Good to hear you guys have merged with IWM!!! Or well actually IWM merged with you guys!

But for me personally Im glad to hear you guys are making MRAPs

and especially finally Uparmoured Humvees! Ive been wanting these from the start. Never understood why BIS didnt add these from the start. I mean there are strykers.

Looking forward to the addons from this mod! thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

ps. I hope you guys will really add allot of Sh*t on the uparmoured

humvees. < double layer armour on the doors, anti IED opsec thing on the front, but also the little sunshade ontop, and the

enhanced modern antenna on the back. Make it look heavy with

lots of stuff bolted on! confused_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

inlove.gif

Well we are planning on installing a coffee cup warmer on the HMMWV - thats good for a few pounds. tounge2.gif

i hope ACE will do missions pre-made with all the bells and whisles like CTI Warfare Baised maps now that there is a decent one to play  notworthy.gif

any plans on a cti mission?

In theory, since ACE aims to be compatible with any stock ArmA mission, the new WARFARE should work with it out of the box. That would get you a lot of ACE goodness in there, but not the full monty - since a few features need to be initialized or added seperately.

In order to bring out the full potential out of ACE, there would need to be some minor modifications. It may be worth considering creating a modified version of WARFARE for ACE, and perhaps adapting it for some of the ACE islands.

Since the new patch only just came out, there haven't really been any plans in that direction, though it's definitely worth considering.

any plans on a cti mission?

In theory, since ACE aims to be compatible with any stock ArmA mission, the new WARFARE should work with it out of the box. That would get you a lot of ACE goodness in there, but not the full monty - since a few features need to be initialized or added seperately.

In order to bring out the full potential out of ACE, there would need to be some minor modifications. It may be worth considering creating a modified version of WARFARE for ACE, and perhaps adapting it for some of the ACE islands.

Since the new patch only just came out, there haven't really been any plans in that direction, though it's definitely worth considering.

thx for the reply and doubly good that you guys are considering it. seriously, if you guys can modify 'warfare' to better suit ACE, i just don't see how any pvp people would want to play anything else!

question: are you guys in contact with CoC? i think if ACE + CoC (refined and updated version) + 'warfare' = best team-based pvp gaming ever!

oh, and one more thing... i seem to remember that IMWM stated early on that they would require Queen's Gambit. now that you two have merged, has this changed? i certainly hope so as not everyone can purchase or obtain QG (i'm a ArmA Steam user sad_o.gif )

oh, and one more thing... i seem to remember that IMWM stated early on that they would require Queen's Gambit. now that you two have merged, has this changed? i certainly hope so as not everyone can purchase or obtain QG (i'm a ArmA Steam user sad_o.gif )

Its not necessary to ask redundant questions. I addressed this Q in the IMWM thread.

Hey guys, any news on the development side of things?

Is there any plans to make objects for ACE, such as HESCO kits, crashed/ destroyed vehicles and others things like that, that add to the immersion factor?

bootneckofficer

There will be a 64 player ACE Addon Warfare map. smile_o.gif

That will be pimp xmas_o.gif

On which island ?

Malick

Maybe you guys should leave hummers? I have read that army is replacing hummers with MRAPs.

Cheers

I will be making a Full Saharani Warfare [64,34,16 players]

And if i still have time i will Get a Sakakah [iMWM] Version too maybe. But my main task is the Saharani version. Its about 35% done. :d

I will be making a Full Saharani Warfare [64,34,16 players]

Wow, the 64 player version will need some good server hardware specs I guess?

Seeing many servers lag pretty bad with this warfare mission.

But anyway, looking forward to it thumbs-up.gif

I personally hope to see a "revive" warfare mission whistle.gif

That should encourage some teamplay I guess.