Sign in to follow this  
Exsosus

Advanced Combat Environment

Yes I know there are different variants out even those with 2xM2 and 2x240. Reactive armor on skirts - nearby infantry will go to hell if someone is attacking these Abrams with AT.

Will there be a "infantry-friendly" variant or is this reactive armor more "for eye's" only (with increasing armor value)?

On the tactical gamer forums, Dslyecxi mentioned something about adjustable sights for the M203. Does this mean your implementing functioning quadrant or leaf sights into the initial release?.. or will we be using the TLAR method in ACE too?

There is a functioning quadrant sight on the SCAR/GL model I made. Its currently sighted in for 200m.

I don't know if its been made adjustable...

I'm not sure if this is already in by default in Arma, but will the size and weight of your rifle affect your running speed and aim?

I mean, a 5kg G3 would be slower to aim and be heavier at longer running distances, than the light and agile MP5 that only weights the half.

Yes, the weight will affect your stamina. No more at4 + 4 rockets and sniper rifle jogging whistle.gif

The M1A2 by King Homer is looking great, but I recommend that the orientation of the vehicle's left side headlight be corrected.

This is what I always wanted the beautiful M1A2 SEP in combat hope the ACE mod replaces the M1A1 with it. The most beautiful tank in existence to me. Rip T72s like they were butter.

The M1A1 as well as several variants of it will be included in ACE. Same with the M1A2 and its' variants. In other words 'No' the M1A2 SEP will not replace the M1A1 but will compliment it.

edit: As for the video Andersson, we have recruited the very talented ArmAVidz for that project but no further info at the moment.

The M1A1 as well as several variants of it will be included in ACE. Same with the M1A2 and its' variants. In other words 'No' the M1A2 SEP will not replace the M1A1 but will compliment it.

edit: As for the video Andersson, we have recruited the very talented ArmAVidz for that project but no further info at the moment.

Bummer...

xmas_o.gif

Yes, the weight will affect your stamina. No more at4 + 4 rockets and sniper rifle jogging  whistle.gif

problem is weapon inertia can easily be overcome if you just set weapon floating zone to 0. with a floating zone greater than 0 weapons act like they should with inertia etc but with no floating zone its just like CS guns meaning you can just twitch it like it weighed 1 gram. is it possible to bypass it so people with 0 floating zone will have inertia too?

Yes, the weight will affect your stamina. No more at4 + 4 rockets and sniper rifle jogging whistle.gif

problem is weapon inertia can easily be overcome if you just set weapon floating zone to 0. with a floating zone greater than 0 weapons act like they should with inertia etc but with no floating zone its just like CS guns meaning you can just twitch it like it weighed 1 gram. is it possible to bypass it so people with 0 floating zone will have inertia too?

What has that got to do with what you quoted? huh.gif

Anyway, if that's true, then it's an ArmA bug and has nothing to do with ACE. Better to post that in the feedback thread for BIS to see smile_o.gif

Absolutely awesome guys! Nothing further to add from my side....

WOW wow_o.gif love the screens and teesers.

Scudman that pic as it loaded on my screen looked to me like a grab from GRAW2 or something. Dont be offended by that comparison, im just referring to "mint" eye candy.

smile_o.gif

Was wondering how you guys would deal with the new functions. Very impressed to see it won't be an action menu fest. Great interface.

WOW wow_o.gif love the screens and teesers.

Scudman that pic as it loaded on my screen looked to me like a grab from GRAW2 or something. Dont be offended by that comparison, im just referring to "mint" eye candy.

smile_o.gif

Not offended at all

I'm glad you like it. (though I must admit I did use a filter) smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Scudman that pic as it loaded on my screen looked to me like a grab from GRAW2 or something. Dont be offended by that comparison, im just referring to "mint" eye candy.

LOL, as I much as I hate GRAW2 and the SCAR I will say that that was a pretty decent capture, "Scudman!"

Also loving the Abrams. Was hoping my good friend "Boney The Skull" would make a return, a la M1A1. smile_o.gif (Picture courtesy of King Homer 2008 © )

boney.jpg

I might also ask at this stage whether the unit markings upon our good friends le tanks are randomised or not?

I might also ask at this stage whether the unit markings upon our good friends le tanks are randomised or not?

From the ACE forum.

Quote[/b] ]The M1 Abrams series is coming with a random marking script. We have already the 4 chevrons included there we could use. Also we have KFOR, SFOR, EUFOR etc markings inside and a lot more.

What are the markings? for some reason I like the one I forgot where I saw it saying "death on treads" also the "dont tread on me"

THIS image shows one of the markings I was referring to. The barrel markings you are talking about I don't think are included (yet?).