Sign in to follow this  
Exsosus

Advanced Combat Environment

The screenie with the Seal units : is one of them using hand signals? And is it implemented into the commanding system or it's just a casual animation?

This is when waiting becomes a torture, keep up the great work. The community's eyes are set upon you thumbs-up.gif

And while we at terrains, can you or someone else answer me which island its at the second picture "burns" posted?

If thats North-Sahrani near the Castle north of Bagango, i would be stunned....

That environment there looks really great... nice yellow-ish bushes etc....

You guessed right, both screens were taken in Terra Marismo near Alcazar.

Hmm has the ACE team changed something in the foliage? Because it has some yellow bushes i never seen before there....

No. The screenshot is probably using the Autumn plants mod. You can find it somewhere in the 'Addons and Mods: Complete' section.

The screenie with the Seal units : is one of them using hand signals? And is it implemented into the commanding system or it's just a casual animation?

This is when waiting becomes a torture, keep up the great work. The community's eyes are set upon you thumbs-up.gif

That's just static animation

looks and reads well ... breathtaking wow_o.gif

just one question though, are you considering an option for disabling those effects just in case it turns out to be too demanding for some people in terms of FPS?

It looks lovely just like maddmatt's current quality work which unfortunately makes my system suffer, which is why I am asking this question.

keep up the good work ACE thumbs-up.gif

That's because it is my work smile_o.gif

I know older versions of my mod could be a pretty hard hit on FPS on some setups. That shouldn't be a problem in the latest version, I did some serious optimising with it. Link to the latest public version is in my signature below.

Next version should also have less laggy building destruction smoke/dust.

If you do have performance issues with certain effects in the latest version of ArmA Effects, it might be helpful if you described them over in my thread.

Sorry yes i know it is your work (who else can do it this good) I just didnt convey this well icon_rolleyes.gif

And yes you are right i didnt try your effects in a while back then it was sorta heavy on my machine. I am glad to hear that it has been improved.

Thnaks for the replay thats all i need to know.

Keep up the good work ACE looking forward to it.. thumbs-up.gif

Everythings looking great so far, just one question, will the Abrams camoflauge be tweaked to be more accurate?

@ sparks50

That would be ignorance, not arrogance. Ignorance is when you don't quite know or understand it, arrogance is when you have a superior attitude.

And while we at terrains, can you or someone else answer me which island its at the second picture "burns" posted?

If thats North-Sahrani near the Castle north of Bagango, i would be stunned....

That environment there looks really great... nice yellow-ish bushes etc....

You guessed right, both screens were taken in Terra Marismo near Alcazar.

Hmm has the ACE team changed something in the foliage? Because it has some yellow bushes i never seen before there....

No. The screenshot is probably using the Autumn plants mod. You can find it somewhere in the 'Addons and Mods: Complete' section.

Don't think so. That looks like stock ArmA to me. I've seen those plants all over the place without any plant mods.

Quick question while revisiting the latest pictures....

The BI-default backpacks we see there, are they going to be the rucksacks in ACE?

Hmm i think they are not fitting very much as ACE rucksacks, first because i guess they are based on the "Molle Medical Backpack/Arc'teryx Medical backpack" and secondly they don't have much room (in real life) i think.

Some i found quick via google:

http://www.surplusandadventure.com/images...._ol.jpg (This one is huge with 99ltr and could fit in so you can store massive stuff in there)

This one is cool too:

http://tams-army-surplus.com/images/PATROLRUCKSACK.jpg

This one we have in the german Army:

http://www.your-army-shop.com/images/armee-rucksack-84.jpg

What is with the standard GI issued Rucksack:

http://store.nexternal.com/shared....eg&All=

You can find A LOT of different backpacks here:

http://store.nexternal.com/shared....6998238

Best Regards, Christian

The rucksacks used in the ruck system are the default ArmA packs however after deliberation about using WGL ones, ArmA ones or creating new models, it was decided that new models would be preferable but other higher priorities should be focused on as the ArmA packs are a suitable stand-in until such time as someone wishes to revisit the idea.

@ April 21 2008,01:44)]I really want to push for the ILBE on the Marine pack.

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ILBE

Yeahh this one is awesome..... biggrin_o.gif

But however, i already made the suggestion that it would be great/realistic to give different Backpack-types to different units as default.

So the marines have different ones than the Army, also for the different country's you will incorporate the armies from, etc....

So there would backpacks with different sizes, weights, and storing capabilities.

If they would then be able to put in crates, so you can choose from different ones would be very cool.

But there should also be some very small rucksacks, so for just storing additionally 5 Stanag-mags and a hand-grenade for instance. When choosing such a small backpack you should be able to still carry a AT4/RPG too.

Best Regards, Christian

It may be best to have it in a further release than the initial one... It does seem like a big gameplay thing but not vital.

I have just wet my pants, now this is the shit wow_o.gif

Sorry for my language but that TUSK is mindblowing, hope you will include it in desert camo also..

One more thing which came to my mind when i see this pic:

Will you animate the antennas on the tank to whip when it moves and the suspension?

I know it´s a very small thing but it´s the many small things that make a mod only better smile_o.gif

Sorry for my language but that TUSK is mindblowing, hope you will include it in desert camo also..

^ already done. wink_o.gif

^ already done. wink_o.gif

Great news Scubaman, keep on posting some pics you ACE folks wink_o.gif

Will it have the canon recoil too possibly?

One more thing which came to my mind when i see this pic:

Will you animate the antennas on the tank to whip when it moves and the suspension?

I know it´s a very small thing but it´s the many small things that make a mod only better smile_o.gif

scubaman3D,

Thanks for the response, man. That just made my day, woohoo! yay.gif

The TAGS for the TUSK is in the picture. Its obscured a bit but you can see it...

Daym looks like its ready to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and its not even out of bubblegum

so the TUSK add an extra M2 mounted on crows or the main gun(which for me seems to be a stupid place to put at as you cant freely turn the turret in urban area) or is it the commander M2 being moved to these place?

Nice Abrams WIP! Will there be loader's armor gun shield?

found some pics

Abrams with TUSK

variant thats somewhere in use, another pic of upgraded Abrams, Abrams M2 and M240

There are a load of different field modfications, earlier TUSK variants and so on. We decided to have the TUSK variant seen on your first picture - including reactive and slat armor along with the RCWS for the commander instead of a normal M2 and the TAGS as loader protection.