Sign in to follow this  
anders^on

Public Beta Patch 1.07.5154

work all fine... just 2 litl thing are strange

1.the soldier dont have eny guns when you have it end use it " is look that you become a terminator soldier" biggrin_o.gif

2.When i tray to use in Armory somn thing like a weapen or somnting like that all freze up end then need to use "ctrl+alt+delete" to close the game confused_o.gif...

game has guns only when all user addons deleted

ARMA like OFP succes was because people could make addons, now addons make game unfunction

well from a different point of view, thats why they all add "use it at your own risk" statments in the readme, this kind of things also happened in OFP confused_o.gif

and you just cant blame the game nor the addon

edit: really do you guys really want me to creat a bigass gif banner sig to tell everyone that they should remove their addons?

You gotta think that we dont even have the right tools for making ArmA addons of course there is going to be fuckups and errors.. whistle.gif

And Yeah 900 viewdistace seems to work only so much.. wink_o.gif Still get the blackscreen after i die and Alt-F4 outta the game.

When i press esc during game sometimes it says recieving in bottom left corner and dies. Have to ctrl+alt+del but can still here birds whistling and click sound :S

Same happens when i die or use the armoury at certain points.

ARMA like OFP succes was because people could make addons, now addons make game unfunction

and the good thing in this patch is better SLA soldiers helmet

I don`t want to bitch you down, but all except your addons work if they are moved to the beta\addons folder. huh.gif

Well its quite simple at the moment if you have an 8800 gfx card do not touch this game you will be majorly disappointed.

and the good thing in this patch is better SLA soldiers helmet

You only need to remove Addons when you have broken Custom Addons.

For anyone who is interested in reading why some ppl must remove their (buggy) custom addons, please read here: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=105

Quote[/b] ]I don`t want to bitch you down, but all except your addons work if they are moved to the beta\addons folder. huh.gif
Btw, you dont have to move addons to beta\addons folder afaik, the shortcut uses ArmA as working folder, so it still takes addons from your normal addons folders too, but in any case.. Modfolders is best anyway smile_o.gif

(Hmm just thinking though... it might be needed that you load addons from beta\addons and/or from a modfolder)

Most probably was mentioned already but there are lots of new faces at least on the SLA guys that look better than most of the old ones i think

So what need to do that can we see the guns? Delete all custom addons?" i hope not" or we just need to wait a litll..thx for answer wink_o.gif

Well its quite simple at the moment if you have an 8800 gfx card do not touch this game you will be majorly disappointed.

Ah ok, so can someone please build a time maschine for me, so I can travel back in time and cancel my order for the ArmA Special Edition and my "normal" ArmA Version. This would also save me from weeks of trying/testing/install/uninstall and building a new pc which cost me a lot of money.

MfG Lee ...

Some people have hard time understanding the concept of "beta" icon_rolleyes.gif

No, i wasnt disapointed with 1.4, 1.5 and 1.5 beta. Arma runs and looks great in high settings on those versions and im having a great time in MP.

Just a little disapointed with 1.7 beta.. worse graphics, performance, graphical bugs and few bad tweaks (imo).

That GL leaf sight was a bad idea, really...

I really hope 1.7 final gets me back on track because for now im sticking with 1.5 beta.

8xxx cards with current drivers have issues with 1.07b,..... I would think its a nvida driver issue.Nvidia doesnt always code like the devs, aka: use the dam API. So if BIS puts in better gfx code, or "proper" code to get performance/IQ, it may break a current "hack" by nvidia in there drivers. It would be great to know what the workstations are for BIS. But if BIS has to hack a work around to get it to work. Instead of nvda fixing there end.. well hope it doesnt screw those with ATI or 7xxx cards. Need to get on NVDA to

to patch there 8xxx drivers.

Ah ok, so can someone please build a time maschine for me, so I can travel back in time and cancel my order for the ArmA Special Edition and my "normal" ArmA Version. This would also save me from weeks of trying/testing/install/uninstall and building a new pc which cost me a lot of money.

MfG Lee ...

We all know by now ur poor situation Oswald, really, i'm sorry for your situation. I must admit, I feel raped because of the 8800 too, though collecting souls aint gonna help much.

PS. You gotto be the ultimate fan, having/installing/building such expensive rig just for ArmA thumbs-up.gif

Galaxy GeForce 7900GS 256MB 256Bit 600/1600 Zalman Edition 1.2ns

Drivers: 97.92

Performance drop by 5-10 fps crazy_o.gif

BUG with the RHIB:

When you play as a gunner, you can't move or aim both in first person and third person. You are just stuck... UNLESS you press V to be in "aim" mode...

Try it, it will make more sense to you.

Nobody has the same problem ? ? ? help.gif

An awesome patch. Increased performance, love the armoury and their little missions, like the semi-coloured mission editor (instead of just dull grey), new spec op helmets, A10, etc. A great job.

Well, after a bit more testing, you cannot get out of any gunner position now without hurting yourself, it seems.

Also I'd like an idea of why my hardware-sound which worked fine under 1.05,1.05+ is refusing to go anything but 'disabled' now.  I have onboard sound on mobo, Asus P5GD1, is Realtek High Definition Audio, newest mar 07 drivers from realtek.

Hardware acceleration on the card is set to max on both input and output.  I found the framerates better with it on too, so am disappointed that it isn't allowing me to enable it for the 1.07 patch.

edit: AHA!!! If you edit your userArmAProfile and set the hardwaresound=1 manually then it works. But now I cannot use the option-button to disable it again lol. (not that I want to now of course...) Guess that button got forgotten in the great re-wiring of all the new menus....

One more 'todo' for the final version BIS...

yeah, color menu instead of graphical issues , lovely...

missing textures, but colored menu , lovely...

i found solution for weapons smile_o.gif now available, BIS redefined rifle class properties

new helmet of SLA is good thing biggrin_o.gif

also i am thankfull to BIS for new faces, they are super smile_o.gif

A10 too, i reskined it to greeen biggrin_o.gif

I have good preformance, haven't tested to see if it's better or worse, but it looks better. Also, the A-10 kicks ass, the AV-8B finally engages laser targets, the AH-6 also engages infantry(WOOT), it's a step up for me and many other non 8800 users.

just flying around with the uh60, it seems the rate of turning is higher now

God I wish I was you guys getting better performance...

I installed v1.07b hoping for a nice surprise. Loaded the game and tested... Got 15 FPS in Ortego. What the? So I turned all of my settings to "Low" and turned grass off, 20 FPS... Then went to the Toshiba website, downloaded and installed all of the latest drivers for my laptop, and reloaded the game. No difference.

Went into v1.05+ and placed myself in Ortego. 30 FPS on my custom settings and 35 FPS on "Low" settings... I think I shall stick to v1.05+ for the time being...

My specs:

nVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 256MB

Intel Duo Centrino T2500 2.00GHz (2 CPUs)

2048MB RAM

Toshiba Qosmio G30, latest drivers and all.

An awesome patch. Increased performance, love the armoury and their little missions, like the semi-coloured mission editor (instead of just dull grey), new spec op helmets, A10, etc. A great job.

Fully agree. yay.gif

but do they increased performance on dual cores ?

or still man with "strong PC" with dualcore has lower performance than man with cheaper PC with one core :/