Sign in to follow this  
anders^on

Public Beta Patch 1.07.5154

karl write down the BSOD code and google it to find out what's wrong. It's probly not the game, u got some driver or hardware problems...

( biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif with 1.07 a miracle has happened, 8800's get loads of lod bugs, and we happy crappy HW owners get 40-90FPS and play without trouble. Maybe u need to roll back on the hardware smile_o.gif )

The hardware is fine bro and so are the drivers, why? Because the BSODs are a lot more rare on 1.05 (once a week vs. once per hour). I´d rather get rid of ArmA than roll back on my hardware. wink_o.gif

Anyway, once I´m done with work I´ll check the codes and report back.

karl write down the BSOD code and google it to find out what's wrong. It's probly not the game, u got some driver or hardware problems...

( biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif with 1.07 a miracle has happened, 8800's get loads of lod bugs, and we happy crappy HW owners get 40-90FPS and play without trouble. Maybe u need to roll back on the hardware smile_o.gif )

The hardware is fine bro and so are the drivers, why? Because the BSODs are a lot more rare on 1.05 (once a week vs. once per hour). I´d rather get rid of ArmA than roll back on my hardware. wink_o.gif

That's not really a good reason, because 1.07b may be pushing your hardware in doing something it wasn't doing before, and if your hardware has an issue with that specific task (be it driver or really hardware related), issues will arise.

In which case the problem is still your hardware and not ArmA.

I'm not saying it's the case, just saying that "it worked before" or "it work in other games" is not always the correct answer

I was joking about the rollback lol, and didn't mean u(I know stupid post, and sorry for the 8800 owners, icon_rolleyes.gif )

I think BSOD's are caused either software or hardware conflicts (messed up drivers, dying PSU etc.)

hope u can solve ur probs bro smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

When traveling something like 1000 meters the game stops and the loading screen pops up...with the receiving message.

Its like parts of the island are loaded like level maps.

Game pauses all few minutes for 1-15 seconds, after such loadings artifacts and CTDs do happen often.

CTDs happen also when switching camera on vehicles oder men.

1.07b Patch applied to fresh 1.05.

All setting to default "normal" at 1024x768

Windows XP Home SP2

AMD Athlon XP 3200+

1024MB PC3200 RAM (2x 512MB infineon)

EVGA 7800GS CO

Nvidia 93.71 Drivers.

Latest DirectX runtime.

WarWolf @ May 10 2007,18:39)]Help?  I installed the 107beta as before, no errors on installing.  Have the 505 UK version DVD, ATI graphics Asus 1950Pro. Latest drivers on that.

When I run the beta with the shortcut it gives this error and won't run...

'arma.exe - Unable To Locate DLL'

'The dynamic link library XINPUT1_1.dll could not be found in the specified path....etc.'

The DLL is NOWHERE to be found on any of my disk drives.  What is it? Where can I find it?  What is it a part of??  Nor can I find and similarly name xinput* dll on disks either.

Help??  help.gif   PLease don't tell me that it's XP or Vista only... I run Win 2000......

Can you try updating DirectX utility libraries using DX Web Installer to see if this helps? (Please, do not respond "I know I have the latest DirectX", but try installing from that website even if you think it is not needed).

The Problem is that he uses Windows 2000 (as I do). I get the same error and I get similar errors with other games, that are not compatible with Windows 2000.

I would have a question considering this. Can we expect that w2k compatibility will be restored in the final version or not? I know w2k users are probably a small minority these days so I understand if developers don't bother about it. But I just wonder what we can expect if anything.

that prob has been fixed check out [WWS]WarWolf post on page 15

ah ok thanks. Totally missed that. But the second link with the fix doesn't work. I'll try to find it on the net.

The second link with the fix doesn't work...

I cant't find it on the net !

Can anybody help and provide the fix again huh.gif

Thx a lot ! help.gif

When traveling something like 1000 meters the game stops and the loading screen pops up...with the receiving message.

Its like parts of the island are loaded like level maps.

Game pauses all few minutes for 1-15 seconds, after such loadings artifacts and CTDs do happen often.

CTDs happen also when switching camera on vehicles oder men.

1.07b Patch applied to fresh 1.05.

All setting to default "normal" at 1024x768

Windows XP Home SP2

AMD Athlon XP 3200+

1024MB PC3200 RAM (2x 512MB infineon)

EVGA 7800GS CO

Nvidia 93.71 Drivers.

Latest DirectX runtime.

thats wired i never have that confused_o.gif

for the 8800's bugs:

In your ArmA.cfg modify the HDRPrecision from 8 to 16

smile_o.gif

i am using 32 right now, didnt test it on 16 through confused_o.gif

were the hell is the arma.cfg lol i looked all over.. non of the files romotly near it have a HDRPrecision Name/Setting??

AMA 1.07

8800 GTS

driver 165.01

vista 32

i did this smile_o.gif as snake22000 wrote

Quote[/b] ]for the 8800's bugs:

and it looks perfect like before biggrin_o.gif

now off to do some testing. biggrin_o.gif

Looks like using this and lowering view distance to "normal" levels did the trick for me too, gamma/brightness problems gone, LOD ok so far, just the high/verry high soft (?) shadows still not showing up.

8800 GTX, 158.19, 32bit XP

for the 8800's bugs:

smile_o.gif

were the hell is the arma.cfg lol i looked all over.. non of the files romotly near it have a HDRPrecision Name/Setting??

in your "My Documents" folder

there should be two of them, one is ArmA and the other is ArmA other Profile(or something like that)

the file is at the ArmA one

AMA 1.07

8800 GTS

driver 165.01

vista 32

i did this smile_o.gif as snake22000 wrote

Quote[/b] ]for the 8800's bugs:

and it looks perfect like before  biggrin_o.gif

now off to do some testing. biggrin_o.gif

Looks like using this and lowering view distance to "normal" levels did the trick for me too, gamma/brightness problems gone, LOD ok so far, just the high/verry high soft (?) shadows still not showing up.

8800 GTX, 158.19, 32bit XP

i think we get a much worser problem then the memory leaks problem of the ATI do

@cb_halle

you will have to ask [WWS]WarWolf he did the fix and put the link up im sure he will repost it again if asked

Oh Jesus. Where to start?

Flickering ground textures, A10 floating in the air without landing gear, pilot textures unloaded, map icons are just coloured blocks, CTD when changing video settings in-mission.

C2D E6600 and 8800 GTX and XP Pro

1.06 was way better than this. This is a big step backwards.

for the 8800's bugs:

smile_o.gif

in your "My Documents" folder

there should be two of them, one is ArmA and the other is ArmA other Profile(or something like that)

the file is at the ArmA one

Hey that worked now the LOD Problem is gone for now.. now for the rest of it lol... biggrin_o.gif i set mine to 32 from 8

My AMA settings are

view distance 1200

terrain : low

models normal

textures normal

shader very high

postproces.. very high

ansi low

shadow low

off

blood high

res 1280 -960

running on vista home premium 32, duo core 6400, 2 gb mem, 8800 gst, nvidia driver 165,01

like i post before setting hdr from 8 to 16 solved the bad shadow/gamma on textures. I have been testing a few hours and for me no ctd, minimal lod problems (fewer as beta 1.05)

Fps is like beta 1.05 maybe little less.

I'm a noob , but i think there is no "real" specifiek problem concerning 8800 cards whistle.gif

Although im not getting the lod problem anymore i am getting a Blackscreen when i die and cant do anything exept Alt-F4 and also sometimes when i Press ESC the game freezes.. And i still get some minor LOD issues with v.high view distances.

One more with an 8800 and major problems.

8800GTX, XP 32bit, 158.19 drivers with all settings normal or low. Get 3 FPS or less even with a test mission with one unit standing in an open field. Major graphical bugs even in the UI. Same settings work well with the 1.05+ beta.

Removed it and went back to the previous beta.

Although im not getting the lod problem anymore i am getting a Blackscreen when i die and cant do anything exept Alt-F4 and also sometimes when i Press ESC the game freezes.. And i still get some minor LOD issues with v.high view distances.

try 16, tell me if it get better

Yep, it's a lot worse with 1.07 than 1.05+. Did BIS not test this patch with 8800s? confused_o.gif

warwolf's xinput1_1.dll link was broke so I hexedited one, using the method posted earlier from that jade game forum - it works for me:

xinput1_1.dll fixed

You can also put the dll in your

\Armed Assault\Beta\

directory instead of system32. I'm sure BIS won't be as amateurish as Bioware so you can probably just get rid of it then smile_o.gif

Nah they get worse flying the A10 close to the ground couses a big white circle around it.  wink_o.gif and the blackscreen after i die :/ i can hear the burning sound but cant press or do anything or see..

i also had pbo errors:

Tried reinstalling the game, repatching, again and again.

Then i patched game to 1.05 and backed up the gamedir for some testing.

After several tries, i tried downloading the patch again.

When i unzipped the new file over the older patch file i noticed the creation date was different on the new one i downloaded.

The creation date on the new one was friday may 11 2007, 17:01:14

Using this file it patched without a problem.

ARE THERE MULTIPLE VERSIONS OF THE PATCH GOING AROUND?

Patch impressions: very good.

+way more consistant performance

+a lot less 'lag' when flying over a town zoomed in to fire weapon in chopper/plane

+same for zooming in weapons in ironsight/scope on the ground

-joystickbutton 2 (supposed to be next target in my config) changes weapons unless your close to target???

(can't find a way to set it to only "next target")

-joystickbutton 4 (opens optics in my config)

opens optics AND toggles manual fire now

(also can't find a way to unbind manual fire from it)

-joystickbutton 6 (flaps down in my config)

doesn't do anything anymore although correctly binded in UI

-joystickbutton 7 (flaps up in my config)

sets flaps up but also opens a squad control menu

I'm sure there will be a way to fix these problems (if not with full version 1.07)

Despite the control bugs still very very pleased.

BIS YOU ARE THE GREATEST AND WE LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU

Yep, it's a lot worse with 1.07 than 1.05+.  Did BIS not test this patch with 8800s?  confused_o.gif

not quite from suma post on troubleshooting

seems the VRAM handling of 8800 drivers is not stable afterall, anyway, they do seems to tested them with 8800 cards, but i have no idea why it still happening

Nah they get worse flying the A10 close to the ground couses a big white circle around it.  wink_o.gif and the blackscreen after i die :/ i can hear the burning sound but cant press or do anything or see..

then all we could do is to lower the VD so it wont be so VRAM intensive confused_o.gif

game has guns only when all user addons deleted

ARMA like OFP succes was because people could make addons, now addons make game unfunction

and the good thing in this patch is better SLA soldiers helmet