Sign in to follow this  
anders^on

Public Beta Patch 1.07.5154

Quick question, has AI been tweaked again.  I put the game to bed after 1.05 due to my squadmates being retarded whilst the enemies being super smart (I couldn't physically do the spec op mission destroying tanks due to the guard tower snipers seeing me whatever I did)

Bah, that's never true, your AI are just as smart as the enemies. The AI in your squad only suffer from poor leadership (on your part). The enemy AI squad leaders do a better job than you is all.

Quick question, has AI been tweaked again. I put the game to bed after 1.05 due to my squadmates being retarded whilst the enemies being super smart (I couldn't physically do the spec op mission destroying tanks due to the guard tower snipers seeing me whatever I did)

Bah, that's never true, your AI are just as smart as the enemies. The AI in your squad only suffer from poor leadership (on your part). The enemy AI squad leaders do a better job than you is all.

Rubbish. They'd constantly run into enemy fire, even when I wasn't squad leader. 1.05 made enemy AI much better. I presume they use the same code which is confusing as squadmates remained dumb. They moved so so badly. They had real trouble deciding what to do when they saw an enemy. It usually involved strafing.

Can anyone confirm whether AI helos can spot targets at larger distances and make use of their hellfires? I'm unable to run ArmA, because I have only 42mb on my HDD after installing the patch (addon thingy isn't the best solution for ppl like me).

This beta patch was/is an arma nightmare for me biggrin_o.gif

First using the downloaded sprocket 1.05 english version, I deleted the 1.05b install, tried installing the 1.07b but had bad files in original install. So then I uninstalled and reinstalled 1.05 4 times, trying multiple 1.07b downloads eachtime, yet still kept getting the file errors, of course different files each time(ie anims.pbo once, then air.pbo another time, then sara.pbo another time) The 1.05 install would run great,it just wouldnt be patchable.

So then it really gets crappy. I uninstall once more and when installing I get error crc mismatch. This from a file i had just installed from 4 times, lol. Defrag, reboot and try again, same crc mismatch. ARG. So i download 1.05 again, sprocket had given me a direct link before because their downloader wouldnt work for me. Try to install, but crc mismatch..lol. Then sprockets server wouldnt let me d/l again.

Now knowing I had an online matchup to play last night, and that the earliest I could expect a response from Sprocket support would be monday I was left in a bind. So stupidly I went out and picked up atari's combat operations. Hmm I forgot that its 1.06 and wouldnt let me in the multiplayer game anyway biggrin_o.gif

Well they say np we can use 1.07b. So I try to install 1.07b and get badfile error in characters.pbo. hmm ok, uninstall, defrag, reboot, reinstall same bad file..lol

To top it all off 1.05 and 1.05b ran smoother for me than 1.06 crazy_o.gif Maybe 1.06 uses starforce or some similar junk? I dunno sad_o.gif

BIS patches are strange, Ive had similar probs with all thier patches in ofp on all my systems, but never experienced a single problem patching any other game.

O well maybe i'll get lucky with 1.07 final patch.

p.s. sorry for the too-long post icon_rolleyes.gif

Possible Sprocket fix

Started 1.07 patch

"Your distribution was not recognized. Please select from the list

Logic Base

Sprocket online

..."

Sprocket selected accordingly to my version

"Verifying version"

"Campaign/ca.pbo corrupt, couldn't apply patch.

Cancel - Ignore - Again?

Choosed "Again", nothing, same popup again. Guessed "Ignore" wouldn't be good at the end, so choosed Cancel

"Please uninstall and reinstall game" Oh, no!...

DO NOT REINSTALL, as asked, instead I restarted patch and choosed "Logic Base" (only other option left in the list beside a few DVD or US online version), patch installed flawlessly, game started with the new features.

Just a heads-up for anyone experiencing the same with Sprocket version, try this before uninstall and reinstall, possibly loosing something already achieved...

Hope to helped: Razor18

Possible Sprocket fix

Started 1.07 patch

"Your distribution was not recognized. Please select from the list

Logic Base

Sprocket online

..."

Sprocket selected accordingly to my version

"Verifying version"

"Campaign/ca.pbo corrupt, couldn't apply patch.

Cancel - Ignore - Again?

Choosed "Again", nothing, same popup again. Guessed "Ignore" wouldn't be good at the end, so choosed Cancel

"Please uninstall and reinstall game" Oh, no!...

DO NOT REINSTALL, as asked, instead I restarted patch and choosed "Logic Base" (only other option left in the list beside a few DVD or US online version), patch installed flawlessly, game started with the new features.

Just a heads-up for anyone experiencing the same with Sprocket version, try this before uninstall and reinstall, possibly loosing something already achieved...

Hope to helped: Razor18

This beta patch was/is an arma nightmare for me  biggrin_o.gif

First using the downloaded sprocket 1.05 english version, I deleted the 1.05b install, tried installing the 1.07b but had bad files in original install. So then I uninstalled and reinstalled 1.05 4 times, trying multiple 1.07b downloads eachtime, yet still kept getting the file errors, of course different files each time(ie anims.pbo once, then air.pbo another time, then sara.pbo another time) The 1.05 install would run great,it just wouldnt be patchable.

So then it really gets crappy. I uninstall once more and when installing I get error crc mismatch. This from a file i had just installed from 4 times, lol. Defrag, reboot and try again, same crc mismatch. ARG. So i download 1.05 again, sprocket had given me a direct link before because their downloader wouldnt work for me. Try to install, but crc mismatch..lol. Then sprockets server wouldnt let me d/l again.

Now knowing I had an online matchup to play last night, and that the earliest I could expect a response from Sprocket support would be monday I was left in a bind. So stupidly I went out and picked up atari's combat operations. Hmm I forgot that its 1.06 and wouldnt let me in the multiplayer game anyway  biggrin_o.gif

Well they say np we can use 1.07b. So I try to install 1.07b and get badfile error in characters.pbo. hmm ok, uninstall, defrag, reboot, reinstall same bad file..lol

To top it all off 1.05 and 1.05b ran smoother for me than 1.06  crazy_o.gif  Maybe 1.06 uses starforce or some similar junk? I dunno  sad_o.gif

BIS patches are strange, Ive had similar probs with all thier patches in ofp on all my systems, but never experienced a single problem patching any other game.

O well maybe i'll get lucky with 1.07 final patch.

p.s. sorry for the too-long post  icon_rolleyes.gif

you sure that you are not using retexture unit?

you sure that you are not using retexture unit?

Yea, I manually removed all addons after first uninstall.

In short:

Performande is ok, but a bit lower. The textures are uglier and darker. 8800GTS

I will not play with this patch as the last beta was very good in performance and looks for me.

edit: C2D E6600, 8800GTS, 2gig ram , XP

(a good functional computer with good drivers that normally plays arma very good)

Alright, finally got the chance to check out 1.07 on my primary PC.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo X6800 Extreme

RAM: 2GB DDR2 800

Video: eVGA 8800GTX x2 (But not in SLI since it doesn't work well with ArmA)

No custom addons.

Resolution:  2560x1600x32

Aspect Ratio: 4:3

Terrain Detail, Objects Detail, Texture Detail, Shading Detail are all set to Normal.

Postprocessing, Shadow Detail, Anisotropic Filtering,  Antialiasing set to Low

Blood set to High

Nvidia Driver 158.22

Issues:

Resolution LOD's are often staying at their lowest-poly LOD, and as a result, the lowest texture detail as well. I assume this still has to do with the 8800 problems in general.

In beta 1.05+, I also had occasional LOD issues.  In both 1.05+ and 1.07, I have also had issues with certain options on my Action menu turning invisible when I select them.  For example, Get in vehicle as driver might vanish when I selected it.  I assume this might have to do with the picture icon that is displayed, but I'm not sure.

Otherwise, 1.07 looks fine so far and the performance seems very smooth.  Then again, I guess it would be with so much in the lowest resolution LOD.

When I did I fly-over of the island, it finally began to switch objects to their proper LOD's although the land textures still looked very low in certain areas.  I'll do more testing.

Test 2:

This time I changed Terrain Detail, Objects Detail, Texture Detail, Shading Detail all to Very High.

All resolution LOD's seemed to operate properly with these settings unless my FPS fell beneath 15 FPS or so, which it did frequently in some areas, especially with my viewdistance set to 5,000.

I changed the same settings to "High" and the LOD's operated properly, but the terrain would ocassionally go blocky.  If I changed Shading to LOW, for example, then I would start to see more low LOD's.

So apparently, the game is adjusting the LOD's incorrectly depending upon which settings you have for your level of detail, instead of balancing it with FPS, etc.

Anyone notice a slight sound delay in the anims when you go prone from stand up and vice versa?

Seem happen most of time,but not all the time,if some other can comfirm please..!!

For all the Sprocket people... I got my Sprocket 1.05 (UK) version SUCESSFULLY up to 1.07!

One of my friends helped me find the missing file xinput1_1.dll I put it into the beta folder than hit the "Launch Armed Assault Beta Patch" .exe and it worked! the xinput1_1.dll is apparently part of the System 32 folder. If you google or yahoo it you should be able to find the file.

1 thing though....

1: Do not use custom addons, if you do the men will appear with no guns and there will be no optics or ironsights when you right mouse click

2: Make sure to use the .exe that is named "Launch Arma Beta Patch" and not the .exe "Arma"

Hope this helps some of the Sprocket downloaders!

I spoke to soon on my success....

everything is running fine... but I go into multiplayer and there is 0 servers!

banghead.gif

anyone know what's going on with this? I know ther's servers out there for 1.07

Anyone else noticed that the flight controls are a lot easier with the 1.07 patch? You don't lose altitude that much in quick turns, flying choppers & planes became very easy imo compared with previous versions..

(btw, I'm not complaining here...)

Yes, the skill level to fly has lowered to a simplistic level, too low IMHO in choppers. They seem to be able to come into a hover quickly without any counter control added (e.g. leveling off has 'drag' that quickly kills inertia). confused_o.gif

--Here's a vote for bringing back the helo FM from 1.05--

Please make it necessary for at least SOME skill to be acquired through practice to fly... It's just not fun when the plane/helo flys itself.

WEAK!! Man, flying choppers was probably the best part of the game, save for the overreaction to speed. Airplanes could use a lot of work; but man, they've got to keep the choppers real.

well i think it is right now a kind of balance between easy to fly and realistic, but it also miss some fun fector when its harder to fly, and the roll = nose drop is still there

anyway i dunno how chopper should fly IRL but shouldnt that they should be able to turn quite fast without needing to pull the nose up?

The new night vision seems to be similar to the one that is in the videos of VBS2. Perhaps there could be two nv-modes? The new one for all modern night vision systems and the grainy one for older equipment. One could easily assume that surplus stuff would eventually find it's way to the arsenal of smaller countries such as Saharani. The grainy nv could be used for SLA line infantry units while specops would be given similar stuff than the U.S.

Just an idea. Maybe the night vision model needs to same for every unit in the game?

At me ArmA 15 FPS had after installation new patcha. 31 FPS was later again - 40. W campaign really lag amazing, and in unofficial mission, all is well. I put from 1200 visibility on 3000 even and it further was fluently.

The more patch the more sophisticate introduce to game. I wait on final version, but have not conviction or this will improve.... Ah so. Wait yet on RagDoll because the animations of death are... How they would say this FUNNY! Yesterday throwing in grenade among soldiers ALL fallen so alone on the grounds. This is already abnormal. If would was RagDoll it would be animation less and less RAM be covered up. Eh dream's....

Translated by translator, sorry for error's sad_o.gif

Why do they change some things in every patch, like flight model!? That is absurd... not to mention... simplifying it! Hopefully we won't stop playing Arma due to bad patches... BIS should learn from EA's or Novalogic's patch fiascos...

they are try making everyone happy i think, well atless the FM is the least of my worry

Please do not make the chopper flightmodel easier/dumbed down..... confused_o.gif

I suppose this isnt doable, but if it possible keep 1.05 flightmodel in veteran settings..

Where am I supposed to find and try any airplane as training or single mission, anywhere, but without progressing that far in the campaign? On the other hand I didn't find the A-10 in my Sprocket ver. patched to 1.07. Am I missing something?

THX: Razor18

Where am I supposed to find and try any airplane as training or single mission, anywhere, but without progressing that far in the campaign? On the other hand I didn't find the A-10 in my Sprocket ver. patched to 1.07. Am I missing something?

THX: Razor18

Mission editor. It is incredible easy to set up a basic mission with whatever units you want. You can play around with the A10 too.

Please do not make the chopper flightmodel easier/dumbed down..... confused_o.gif

I suppose this isnt doable, but if it possible keep 1.05 flightmodel in veteran settings..

Jeez, can't they just add two options for flying helos?

Trying to make everyone happy usually either doesn't make anyone happy, or makes happy only the one side.

I vote for the flight model from 1.05, or even more sophisticated one. Why should I agree with simplyfying it? Just because somebody said it's too hard?