Sign in to follow this  
imported_bör

Operation Flashpoint 2 officially announced

In GRID you CAN turn off blur.

Wild speculation isn't gonna help anyone , so let's just wait until CM releases some ingame shots , or better videos.

The most important things/screens are still missing...OPFOR and if it`s even possible to play as OPFOR(resistance).

I can try to find out but as usual I don`t care at the moment. For now I wait and play other games and see what comes out of all of this whistle.gif

If it is totally usa based $#!+ then I prolly wait till it hits bottom price aswell before I buy it, 5euro`s something same as arma2 xmas_o.gif

Gonna be great to watch the video even though its rendered, probably cos its still work in progress, its not gonna be released until next year. I think the game is gonna blow us away. smile_o.gif

There has been no mention of OPFOR, so dont expect any or dont expect there not to be any.

Really speculation is a killer at this stage, too much can Heighten hopes and increase scepticism

Really speculation is a killer at this stage, too much can Heighten hopes and increase scepticism

Seems to sell games, though.

Daniel @ July 10 2008,20:48)]EDIT: Dumb post.

Although to my untrained eye, this looks like some spec op dude in Flecktarn with an MP5 shooting an American soldier....

http://www.operationflashpoint2.info/images....pg

Quote[/b] ]

Originally Posted by Antipop

The guy getting shot, what faction is he? Chinese?

Helios

Community Liaison Officer

Yep, he is a Chinese PLA soldier

I checked their forums/site but it`s a BF2 clone I read, usa against the PLA

Quote[/b] ]Only Chinese and US forces are seen in the trailer which is just over 2 minutes long.

I don't want to go into too many details yet about specific elements of the trailer, but I will say that there is plenty of vehicular action involved

Maybe that is sounding promising but I doubt it confused_o.gif

Definitly no Flecktarn ... Looks like Digi Camo of some sort

And from what i gathered it is USA peacekeeping a tense situation between Russia and China

by shooting PLA soldiers they are not peacekeeping to me...silly you they are in full scale war there on the screenshots tounge2.gif

Choice of enemies/allies can make it a BF2 clone now? huh.gif

Noticed the "Marines" UH-60 with miniguns? .

Anyone really thinks they will make a hardcore combat simulation for the xbox360 and PS3?

rofl.gif .

There are errors like that, but I don't see them as anything big or special, like the M1A1 TUSK. I do however see that ArmA and OFP2 seem to share a lot of arsenal.

Now tell me, how the hell does the choice of the enemy make it a BF2 clone? OFP 2 and BF2 has nothing incommon, Bf2 is an buggy arcade shooter, OFP2 will be a military simulation. Damn, how can someone even think OFP2 is a BF2 clone?

Now tell me, how the hell does the choice of the enemy make it a BF2 clone? OFP 2 and BF2 has nothing incommon, Bf2 is an buggy arcade shooter, OFP2 will be a military simulation. Damn, how can someone even think OFP2 is a BF2 clone?

Propably he can guess the future...

Quote[/b] ]In GRID you CAN turn off blur.

It was a question. No reason to go bold. whistle.gif

For the rest of the "discussion":

opf_dmitry_badmouthing.jpg

tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Exclusive screenshots over at the Flashpoint 2 forums:

http://community.codemasters.com/forum....1&pp=10

1 photo was released every hour, so scower through the postings and find em'!

EDIT: NEW TRAILER RELEASED. IGN.

EDIT: NEW TRAILER RELEASED. IGN.

Since IGN's streaming quality sucks I recommend clicking the download button on the bottom. The video will probably be released in higher resolutions tomorrow @ E3.

IGN - Link

Or Youtube (Unofficial): Link

Yes, It's stated it's pre-rendered with in-game assets

We can't really judge the effects and lighting, but it's nice to see the units though.

Let's hope OFP2 will be as good as they pretend, it will only push Arma2 even further and we'll get 2 amazing games.

But let's not be fooled by early cinematics either... Optimism with a pinch of salt I'd say...

These OFP2 screenshots may be renders, and they definitely are amazing, but what I am most interested in is:

Are the animations real?

Some of them are staged obviously, but what I'm talking about here is the way the soldiers move.  If these are the real animations, we are in for a huge treat!  thumbs-up.gif

Go back and watch the teaser video again (or hopefully the new video tomorrow).  Those guys hunker down in a most realistic way, and they do so to different degrees.  Watch it again if you are not sure what I'm talking about.  Based on the switching back and forth between different combat stances, I can only surmise we are watching real animations.  wow_o.gif

Also in OFP2 (again based on the teaser) the men move at spot on realistic speeds as compared to watching real footage of the soldiers in Iraq... indeed in OFP2 they move just like you would expect in real life.  The human body has limits, and there's complete fidelity with respect to real life physics in the way the bodies of the men in OFP2 are capable of moving.  Immersive as it gets.

So many games speed things up (as compared to real life) and that's a real immersion-breaker for me.  ArmA is no exception.  In ArmA, this is especially noticeable in acceleration/deceleration.  I'd love to see someone in real life loaded down with full combat gear accelerate/decelerate from a dead stop like that!  It just doesn’t happen.  (And I'm not just talking about the broken transitions here.)  Also note that in ArmA the leaning is not realistic at all (i.e. bend at the waist and everything below the belt stays.completely static).  These observations are not meant at a slam against BIS or ArmA (probably the most versatile and capable simulations in existence thus far), but simply to offer a comparison to what I'm seeing with OFP2.  Hint hint BIS for ArmA2!  smile_o.gif

Let's hope these movement animations in the OFP2 teaser video are real!!!  And let's hope nothing has changed in this respect with tomorrow's video! (since the teaser)

EDIT:

Oooooo... now I gotta go see the new trailer for myself! yay.gif

I really hope BIS can and will be competitive with Arma2....

Get rid of the stiffness.... in reality everything is faster than in Arma. The Codies Video shows this pretty good how it is normally...

Those screenshots on that website are exclusive to Codemasters, you might get in deep doodoo by posting them elsewhere without permission.

To MadRussian: The "new video" is this video. Unless there are multiple trailers released for OFP2 - this is what 7.11.08 is on Codemaster's website.

The video looks amazing but I realy doubt the soldiers will move that "lifelike" in actual gameplay. Watch from the APC HUD at 53 seconds- the soldiers being fired upon look more 'video-game like' than the rest of the video. I think that's actual gameplay footage there.

Anyways I hope I'm wrong cause if I am it will be an absolute winner.

To MadRussian: The "new video" is this video. Unless there are multiple trailers released for OFP2 - this is what 7.11.08 is on Codemaster's website.

Thanks for the heads up Victor.  I actually just got done submitting my last post and then realized the new trailer was out when I saw your post above mine. smile_o.gif

edit:

Still need to get home and watch the new one for myself!

btw-  In case any have missed it, check out the teaser trailer too.