Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS Hind v1.0 for ArmA

What's next from RHS - T80? - GAZ66 pack? *hint - hint*  tounge2.gif

Only thing where i would say making it ArmA ready is rather easy is the Gaz-66 pack.

There at least the textures are already uv mapped in a more ArmA performance friendly way.

But dont take my word for it, probably Hind even was the last ArmA addon, who knows.

This just doesn't make any sense to me...why would bis not jump in with both feet with equiping you people with the very tools that made opflash what it is ...which in turn spawned Arma???Its almost like they don't want you to make arma any better???Just doesn't make any sense to me?huh.gifcrazy_o.gif You guys should be happily making T-90's,better abrams etc etc by now...whats up with bis reniging on their "community modder" support...which is/was the bread and butter of this series.I just don't get it.Anybody out there able to shed some light here?Or is it simply a matter of a time table?

BTW,is there anyway to get the instruments working in these hinds?...its a shame they aren't fully decked out as they're sooo nice to fly in and see in game,...luv'n em. inlove.gif

On a side note though,I DO NOT enjoy flying them as far as the FM goes...BIS screwed the pooch on this one by letting their helo's behave as though they're on a pendulum,tooo unstable and has messed up more missions than I care to count.GOD help anyone who fly MP,...a little lag and its game over in a helo.who's ever idea it was to do it this way was ...well...all I can say is...the enjoyment of actually flying in this game is a great disappointment.I expected better. confused_o.gif

Nice work guys, looking forward to seeing more RHS stuff in ArmA biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the mission mate.

About the rockets, yeah seem so, weird thing is the versions i had before all engaged the enemy with their rockets and hit most of the time.

Well look into it.

Quote[/b] ]But dont take my word for it, probably Hind even was the last ArmA addon, who knows.

I thought RHS was doing G85?

Me too.

But i cant make the promised stuff with that few people i got availeable.

- Most lack time

- others lack knowledge about all the new ArmA features like bumpmaps or even UV mapping

- Nearly zero texturers

Hell i even sit on some really neat russian units for months now ( GRU, VDV, Crews all reskins offcourse ) and couldnt even publish these yet as i have to bed around all day to find someoen who helps me with them...

List is long and since OFP i lost some great allrounders ( like Inquisitor who disapeared and noone knows why ) .

Another factor is that we dotn have pages like in the OFP days that focus on getting all the tutorials collected.

How to uv map, how to make bumpmaps and normal maps etc etc.

Can find all that but then i have to search forums all day.

Anyone up for creating such a source?

The Hind is superb like always and when the tools will be released i'm betting it will be perfect. smile_o.gif I always wanted a good selection of russian troops and hardware instead those pathetic opfors we currently have.

One thing I know,if RHS,BW Mod,Combat and others won't put all their great addons(new or old) into Arma then I'm getting rid of this game and going back to Ofp(I don't mind the dusty engine when you have all those addon goodies),these guys kept Ofp alive for me.

@Shadow NX

If you haven't done so,

talk to sickboy.

He has put a lot of energy into realizing

information sharing with 6thsense.

It is however difficult, if like you say, there is a lack

of contributors, or people that just keep their secrets.

BTW, i really like the Hind, keep it up!

Well,I'll weigh in here then...I've recently been teaching myself 3d studio max so i'm familiar with some(not all )aspects of 3d modeling.I can texture,but I'm no artist.I have 3d studio max 5,8 ,9 ...deep paint,photoshop,and paint shop pro.Light wave ,and vu 6.So I got all the tools just have to apply what I know to Arma I suppose.I have done a bit with bump mapping...but the whole uv wrapping thing still eludes me,but more for the lack of trying I think.I've worked on a number of mods rangeing from full conversions to just making cockpits,including sims such as falcon,strikefighters,lomac,and a bunch of older not so popular anymore games,...so I know what modding is all about.I'd be willin to pitch in to help for the exchange of knowledge and to be able to get those russian tanks in here.All I can offer really  confused_o.gif

Sounds good to me, a few models for G85 are already made so we could start working on them soon.

Heres a lil Kenji teaser ( Front dustguards are already changed now )

T-80B

A T-64 in a few variants is also already modelled.

All models are completely new and not from the OFP packs.

OK well..first the ground floor work.Establish good communictions.It's no good doing email tag while modding.Best to implement a comms programe so people can chat verbally,So a teamspeak channel is a must.I can use a buddies of mine thats got a server set up while he's in saudie arabia to talk to the folks home in texas,we've been internet buddies for years and have both done modding in flashpoint so its a good place to start.Pm me and I'll post you the ts server ip.Then we can set up a time to meet and chat as well as share resources if needed.I can also maybe recruit some people with modding skills that might be interested as well,since they also play arma/flashpoint.but first things first...what say you?

Well I'm no newbie to modding and can do modeling. Started with 3ds for DOS a loooooong time ago. Those were the days. Had to wait hours for one frame to render...

I have only started a couple of months ago with ArmA, but can import models, do stuff with O2-light, texture and do the basic configs for vehicles, weapons, ammo types etc. Thanks to wiki and these forums. There are still lot of black holes and grey areas in the wiki.

It would be a great help if we could get to see openly examples of models and configs of vehicles that are included in the game. Even one per type would be more than good.

Sadly I also have a life which tends to get into way from now and then.

Quote[/b] ]Started with 3ds for DOS a loooooong time ago.
Quote[/b] ]Sadly I also have a life which tends to get into way from now and then.

A contradiction! nener.gif

Sessh, DOS? :O

Quote[/b] ]Sessh, DOS? :O

Yes it was for DOS. 3D-wise things have gotten a bit better since then biggrin_o.gif

I have heard that 3dsmax existed for DOS, I only know one person who actually started using max there, he's a good freelancer in Belgium now. Can't even imagine how it must've been back then, I started using max at version 7, before that I was modeling in Milkshape :S.

Sorry for OT!

Shadow NX, any thoughts on my offer?

Hold on a second, I thought Germany 1985 was a collaboration of major mods such as COMBAT!, UKF, CSLA, BWod etc. This way each nation stationed in and around Germany at that time would be represented or has the situation changed?

Beautiful Hind pack by the way!

it is (minus UKF) - or at least the last time I read/heard

G85 looking for help? I would like to join.

I am one of the ones that are time limited (own my own business..work 6-7 days week as needed or I want,also have 2 deaf children)

I am unfamiliar with some new techniques yes (bump mapping etc..)

Skilled in all aspects of OFP addon making from : anims,config,scripting,sound,modeling,texturing,missions etc..

I'm more of an engineer, brought OFP many innovations (towable arty,rolling aircraft wheels,multipart animations,setobjectexture mastery,gas gauge ,bombay etc..)

wasted many months trying to overcome OFP limitations(turrets on planes,walking on moving vehicles etc...)

Not part of any mod team for Arma as of yet and about to retire Pacific Division OFP

Not to mention that coincidence I am german descendandt and was in US military in 1985

Hi, if RHS gonna do some tanks, i'll like to see 'em spitt the empty

shells by the right ejection ports, like with the OFP T72/T90 pack,

that was a very good and scary feature that i'll like to see in the

ArmA too; someday with the right tools, a modification of the BIS

tanks with this feature will be great. Let's C ya

Hi

The Hind is awesome and I've had a chance to fly it now using vanilla Arma.

However it won't work with my sound/weapon mod of Predators. Does anyone know of a work around for this?

Thanks.

SKimbo

Sorry yes.

It says something along the lines of "config/bin/missing/MI24" or words to that effect.

I've placed it in my addons section of the sound/weapon mod folder which I am running.

Regards

Skimbo

Try placing it in your normal addons folder, and try getting a screenshot of the exact error.

This is the thing.

It works fine in normal ARMA. I've flown the Hind around and its great!

It just won't work with Predators sound/weapon mod.

It's the same with a lot of the other mods I've downloaded also - not just this one, so don't be disheartened you guys!

If I place it in my normal bog standard out of the box arma add ons it works fine - trouble is then I have to put up with the sucky sounds that come with the vanilla version. Ah well.

I'll live - don't worry about it! Thanks for your help.

Skimbo