Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS Hind v1.0 for ArmA

wow had a play with it.. This is brilliant great job to your guys.

Love the little opening doors, and the over all controllability seems smoother then the normal choppers. (love the axe in the inner textures, its a medieval hind biggrin_o.gif)

Only down side is stated before, The night vision that doesn't turn off unless you disembark.

Great work keep it up (without tools too wow_o.gifwow_o.gif )

the problem is that you guys have already played with it more then I have.

This weekend I been going ingame.. "yeah the rotors spin, the gears retract, no error msg. great".. and thats it.

I even havent played the singelplayer mission yet, life as a addon maker sucks sometimes.. wink_o.gif

Can also tell you a story from my work with SFP4.

We KNOW the code, so we knew about some bugs.

For 2 weeks we worked with solving a bug that would occur if 2 players ejected from one plane (special twoseater) in multiplayer. We couldnt fix the bug, but it was the only one we focused on. So we released it anyway and got reports on maybe 10-20 bus, but nobody comment on the player ejection bug.

and i thought that the hind was supposed to be armoured

atleast partly

Oh yeah it is indeed !!

This chopper is nicknamed "Flying Tank" (dont confuse with T80) because its armour is so strong.

Believe it or not the body of the Mi24 (dont know which version) is designed to withstand 50 cal fire and the essential parts like fueltanks, ammo box and avionics even to resisist 20mm (not AP though).

So in fact shootint it with a Medium MG (7.62mm) should not do any damage at all but probably heavy and continiusly 50 cal fire.

*masturbates furiously*

Turkmenbashi IF you don't have anything constructive to add then don't post.

Not my fault if you don't understand the message. Simply a different manner of expressing the fact I very much like the addon - is giving praise now unconstructive?

@granQ - make sure Redkid does some goat love act anims

Love that baby, he's such a beauty!!! Hope to see more RHS in Armed Assault soon... wink_o.gif

Great work guys, keep that work up!

looks so real, like real photography! really nice done M-E xD

and ofcourse RHS rofl.gif

Sentry

*jumps in circles* Hind! Hind! Hind!

ahem.

Thanks a lot, people. This was the one thing sorely missing from ArmA, and now it's back in force. biggrin_o.gif It may have flaws, but ArmA itself has an abundance of those as well, so who cares? wink_o.gif

Thanks again.

yaaaaay ! that pretty baby looks really good inlove.gif

thanks you very much ! thumbs-up.gif

Good Addon ladies and genitles whistle.gif Now i can kill the Russians even more with my marines yay.gif

Boom Boom pistols.gifwow_o.gifgoodnight.gif

*joins turkmenbashi

fap fap fap!

Funny to have the same hinds on both ofp and arma installed at the same time biggrin_o.gif

Im glad people like this addon so much, makes you think it was really worth all the time we invested.

But i also know that the addon is far from perfect, we lack the tools, we lack the manpower, we lack time.

Biggest prob is still the manpower, quite depressing that ArmA didnt bring us the wave of talended new people that many ( me included ) expected.

But in case anyone talented reads this and wants to help... PM me.

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ April 09 2007,01:01)]
and i thought that the hind was supposed to be armoured

atleast partly

Oh yeah it is indeed !!

This chopper is nicknamed "Flying Tank" (dont confuse with T80) because its armour is so strong.

Believe it or not the body of the Mi24 (dont know which version) is designed to withstand 50 cal fire and the essential parts like fueltanks, ammo box and avionics even to resisist 20mm (not AP though).

So in fact shootint it with a Medium MG (7.62mm) should not do any damage at all but probably heavy and continiusly 50 cal fire.

actualy u can say same thing bout KA-50, 12.7mm Mgun shells just bounce out of his armor. ka-50 realy carrieng a lot of armor.

I don't hang around these forums much anymore, and I don't intend to until the modelling tools come out, but man, this definitely deserves a kudos.

Great job to Scar for his model, to RHS and to the ArmA converters - a lovely fly. Almost brought tears to my eyes thinking about the old OPF days.

Two thumbs up.

Hats off to you gentlemen for bringing this fine piece of work into ArmA and sharing it with everyone.

Thanks!

thumbs-up.gif

Wow! Looks special! Nice work. Now when the hell is BI going to relese the tools for even better works of art! crazy_o.gif

Nice addon, now its mroe fun destroying M1A1 and finishing the crew off with gunpods!! pistols.gifpistols.gif Cant wait for BIS tor elease tools, to see even better RHS addons

I love this addon. Thank you for your time and effort making this thing work. Flying around in the Hinds seem more smoother and forgiving than the default helicopters which I like.

Keep up the great work!

Well I just tried em, inlove.gif

Sure there's some issues here and there, but they are still pretty amazing.

Excellent work, let's hope with the american release and the tools the community will have influx of talented people like you guys.

I had the pleasure of downloading and playing this today and I must say that it is spectacular. ArmAInteractive is putting it in our mission for next week to replace the craptacular Hokum.

Thanks for the time and dedication to get this done.

We will continue to review it over this week and I will let you know if we find any bugs.

Good work.

Very impressive. Will give this a whirl, or a crash into a tree, later on tomorrow!

Im glad people like this addon so much, makes you think it was really worth all the time we invested.

But i also know that the addon is far from perfect, we lack the tools, we lack the manpower, we lack time.

Biggest prob is still the manpower, quite depressing that ArmA didnt bring us the wave of talended new people that many ( me included ) expected.

But in case anyone talented reads this and wants to help... PM me.

i hope that the US release would finally put the game into fully operational stages, together with tools, we should be able to got more talents into the band, lets hope for the best

help.gif

...... ( possible ) performance losses

Dont want to sound arrogant but i think it was the right answer.

exactly .... possible ..... I run a low low spec machine and I don't see any issue ........... except an error;

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">script SD_Btr80\script\ightvision.sqs not found

Bloody nice work!

And yes, its the right answer for now until the tools arrive because it was a significant missing weapon from the OFP to ArmA changeover.

And theres nothing stopping a re-release when that happens.

Others should note the "Elitist" way they come off sounding ... they are new to ArmA just like the rest of us and thus start from scratch biggrin_o.gif ... no disrespect to previous old works of art.

BTW, as gunner I noticed that after a bit the pilot stopped doing runs over the targets (maybe 10-15 mins), yet called to attack the targets .... he just hovered at a distance from them, not even facing them.

Could be a ArmA problem .......

(unrelated pic)

Mi24_1.jpg

You need the BTR80 add-on. It's publicly available on many ArmA sites.

You need the BTR80 add-on. It's publicly available on many ArmA sites.

No ... that doesnt make any sense Torni

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">II. Required Addons

No addons are required for this version.

Its a simple config or scripting error.