Sign in to follow this  
Johannes

Jonny´s Marines

Very nice models and textures.

Towards the replacements, they work, but when starting arma it says it requires joh_marines.pbo . Click ok and it starts up and they work.

Also for the replacements Im not seeing any wound textures....

look 4 posts up, there are 2 links there of wich the last one is a working version, that is the NEW replacement config that replaces the standard units with the NEW version of the marines!

i think that answer is written about 4 times on this page already..

Christ, are you talking to me? I know there are 2 links for v1.5 replacement configs... I put them in a reply post on this page. Unfortunately, a few of us can not get some of those rep. configs to work, in both links. And when I tried the Desert rep file in a mission, it didn't look like the models were replaced, only the textures. Although, I've only had a few minutes to try them since my ArmA time is limited for a few more hours. Later tonight I'll be able to try them out better.

If your post wasn't directed to me then my apologies for the confusion.

As for the error in the replacement pack. Simply open the cfg and delete the ,joh_marines part in the requiredAddons line.

Works here (thanks Wolle for the tip).

Hm, starting to wonder about the blood textures. I only tested them in the editor (no replacement cfg).

Would need to check what it does with the replacement stuff.

If so, i suppose we need to add the cfgWounds part of johns cfg.

As for the error in the replacement pack. Simply open the cfg and delete the ,joh_marines part in the requiredAddons line.

Works here (thanks Wolle for the tip).

Hm, starting to wonder about the blood textures. I only tested them in the editor (no replacement cfg).

Would need to check what it does with the replacement stuff.

If so, i suppose we need to add the cfgWounds part of johns cfg.

Thank you DaSquade! Much appreciation for the info!

Just checked and indeed it needs the woundstuff in the config.

Works here now.

BUT somehow the nomex suite leggs don't cast blood on them (not sure if in the original is like that) + i noticed one shot in the knee gets them killed where it takes two shot for the non-suites.

Just checked and indeed it needs the woundstuff in the config.

Works here now.

BUT somehow the nomex suite leggs don't cast blood on them (not sure if in the original is like that) + i noticed one shot in the knee gets them killed where it takes two shot for the non-suites.

I entered the wound class line and the weapons loadouts from the units config into the desert replacement file. It seems to work and give them the weapons Jonny intended. I gotta check it out a bit longer to make sure.

Edit: Now it ain't working. I get an error in line 27, something about the class SoldierWB isn't defined, or some crap to that effect. Who know's? Not I, I have no experience making these things. Hopefully someone else can give the rep. files wounds and the weapon layouts Jonny intended each to have.

Nice units !!! Looks like CoD4's ones, exellent detalisation ! wink_o.gif

I have pervert imagination (Not i'm not fagot, i'm straight and married) biggrin_o.gif

privedarmalightre8.jpg

assaultlightum0.jpg

those units just look great!

i have a problem when i put them in the editor where they drop there weapons and gear ?

im running it along with xam1.4 ... anyone else having this problem ?

@.Jonny or Reador: Added the Mirrors from ArmAholic.com, ArmedAssault.info and Combat-Prison.net in your first post please, thanks mate.

best Regards,

Stavanger xmas_o.gif

those units just look great!

i have a problem when i put them in the editor where they drop there weapons and gear ?

im running it along with xam1.4 ... anyone else having this problem ?

i assume that its a problem of xam 1.4 since i never had any problems on standart arma 1.08 and 09

THX alot for the stunning work Jonny.

Gonna use them as replacement.

I just have a short question/request ...

As there are no "special" units in the pack that can replace the Sniper and the Miner (Pionier) (i used the units from Dren's "2nd Marine Expeditionary Force" now, because they use your texture and fit quite good), would it be possible to add, in a new release ,a unit with backpack and a mine on it and a boonie (or something else) man as sniper ...

just for the eye.

No real need for it, but it would be very nice when using these as replacements.

THX again ... gonna play some missions with them now.

benus

... something like that:

desertdigitalbooniehat.jpg

Hey, sorry for all the confusion with the replacement pack, i'm trying to get a new version to include the wounds.

I still feel that even marpat suits better for desert.

For no public releases (tournaments etc... wink_o.gif ) is it possible to edit them a bit? (like your last work).

Still waiting for some boony hatted or recon work of yours.

really look the CoD 4 marines which is good

now all you need to do is make a Lt. Williams model smile_o.gif

The Marines ar great good work yay.gif

@ LBpilot1

I have set the Bloodtextures for Woodland Marines...

The config file for Woodland bloodtextures must set the desert rvmat --> "usmc_des_soldier_body.rvmat" and so on

example:

class Wounds

{

tex[] = {};

mat[] = {"ca\characters\data\us_rukavy_hhl.rvmat", "ca\characters\data\us_rukavy_hhl_wound1.rvmat", "ca\characters\data\us_rukavy_hhl_wound2.rvmat", "joh_marines\data\usmc_des_soldier_body.rvmat", "joh_marines\data\usmc_des_soldier_body_wound1.rvmat", "joh_marines\data\usmc_des_soldier_body_wound2.rvmat"};

};

The only bug i have found on the replace is , the soldiers has no blood on Face and Hands after a headshot or body hit.

sorry for bad english wink_o.gif

The Marines ar great good work yay.gif

@ LBpilot1

I have set the Bloodtextures for Woodland Marines...

The config file for Woodland bloodtextures must set the desert rvmat --> "usmc_des_soldier_body.rvmat" and so on

example:

class Wounds

{

tex[] = {};

mat[] = {"ca\characters\data\us_rukavy_hhl.rvmat", "ca\characters\data\us_rukavy_hhl_wound1.rvmat", "ca\characters\data\us_rukavy_hhl_wound2.rvmat", "joh_marines\data\usmc_des_soldier_body.rvmat", "joh_marines\data\usmc_des_soldier_body_wound1.rvmat", "joh_marines\data\usmc_des_soldier_body_wound2.rvmat"};

};

The only bug i have found on the replace is , the soldiers has no blood on Face and Hands after a headshot or body hit.

sorry for bad english wink_o.gif

Yea, I tried that out and it didn't work for me. as in the replacement pack didn't work, it was only showing the defualt BIS skins.

just posting a little wip screen, so you guys know i am not dead yet :P

Anyway doing some good progress atm so the units will go into testing soon.

<span style='color:red'>Quoted image removed</span>

love the new units vary vary nice just would like to know what happen to the unit in this pic its in the back with green helment and is there any way of makeing some spc op units as well that unit in green looks awsome. Makeing some spc op units would be nice smile_o.gif

love the new units vary vary nice just would like to know what happen to the unit in this pic its in the back with green helment and is there any way of makeing some spc op units as well that unit in green looks awsome. Makeing some spc op units would be nice smile_o.gif

AFAIK it's Jonny's PMC unit:

http://www.suckysuckylongtime.com/jonny/pmc.png

Probably not related to his USMC projects.

These units a great Jonny. Nice to have some unit models that look authentic. The normal mapping is particularly excellent.