Sign in to follow this  
Johannes

Jonny´s Marines

Well guys

Gnat is developing the V-22 osprey and I supose that once he releases his bird someone will do a USMC retex.

Be aware that he is also working in an LCAC so there we have two thirds of the OTH (Over The Horizon) trident. (The other one is the EFV that noone has begun to do AFAIK)

And for the AAV7 the spanish FFAA mod has done a model and I was told two days ago that they were going to give permission for retexturing it.

Hope it helps guys and keep up the good work

The Spanish FFAA mod's AAV-7 is the wrong type as it is not uparmored like the AAV-7's currently used in Iraq. Yes, it would be better then nothing, but the model I have is the right type....it just needs alot of work. One option is to use the FFAA mod's AAV-7 (with their permission) and have an addon modeller/texture artist add on the bolt on-armor to the FFAA model. Whichever is used, I would be happy to see Johnny's Marines get ANY type of AAV-7.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

could we please get back to the topic?

i dont want this thread to get locked again,

R they coming in groups? or add 1 by 1?

they come in groups

Hi, they look very good in game, much better than previously released

Marines that i had; plus that this ones have M16A4's instead M4's.

But i miss some things on 'em; like:

- Green or Coyote Tan Jungle hat head band.

- Sleeves pockets.

- Glove, anchor & eagle in the 8 peaks cap.

- Glove, anchor & eagle on the boots.

- Darker Coyote Tan in the Marpat(W) boots.

- Green or Woodland Kneepads in the Marpat(W).

- Coyote Tan Kneepads in the Marpat(D).

And the pants leg's pouches could have costures marks for the

differentiation of the vertical marks; also in the right side of the

central part of the helmet cover, in booth (W) & (D) versions...

there's no costures/shadows/lights differentiation, as if they were

out of the shown mapped zone.

If you look really really close... you can see a clipping area under

the kneepads pad, where you can see the BDU; and the boots

sole is an Altama sole instead the Vibram sole that the USMC boots

use; but those are small things. The units look very good & i like

'em alot. Well done. Let's C ya

FYI... not all boots have "VIBRAM" soles. Vibram soles are made by bates, and bates arent the only boots that marines wear... I have a set of these boots by Danner (http://www.copshoes.com/c-danner-battalion-boots.html) now they sell these boots with the EGA at the MCX (Marine Corps Exchange)... They are the best boots in the world... And if a marine wants comfort he wont wear those crappy bates boots anyways.... My oppinion...  wink_o.gif

my desert Rifleman Grenadier doesnt shoot 203 grenades... He has the m203 and 203 nades but it doesnt show up on the hud that he has any... when i look at his gear, he is fully loaded.... anything i can do with the config to fix this or are you alreddy on it or what?

@ LBpilot1

hmm confused_o.gif i made a test with the editet config and it works fine. wink_o.gif

Here is a Link to test the Woodland replace file. It works for me ... with the corect textures.

http://rapidshare.com/files....bo.html

Heres the replacements.

Wound textures for the desert and nomex units only.

mirror1

http://files.filefront.com/Johnnys....fo.html

mirror2

http://rapidshare.com/files....ar.html

Anybody got the Woodland textured marine replacement pack with wound textures?

The first link within the quotes where it says.

"Here is the link to test the woodland replace file. It works for me...with the correct testures."

That one worked for me.

Yes you're right. I first downloaded a replacement pack from Armaholic and the blood textures did not work now they work!

Thank you.

Is there a chance to make the units use the marine weapons instead of the BIS stock weapons?

@oChaos.DNJ

Only on the faces there seem not to appear any wound textures...

Negative...Bates does not make Vibram...Vibram soles are made by Vibram....They come on any brand of Hiking boot commercially available...Asolo, Montrail, Merrell, Scarpa, Lowa, Sportiva, Danner, Vasque....Vibram is a company speciallizing in providing soles to any and all boot companies...Trust me I know I am in the boot business.

Lamar

Negative...Bates does not make Vibram...Vibram soles are made by Vibram....They come on any brand of Hiking boot commercially available...Asolo, Montrail, Merrell, Scarpa, Lowa, Sportiva, Danner, Vasque....Vibram is a company speciallizing in providing soles to any and all boot companies...Trust me I know I am in the boot business.

Lamar

Yup. He's right. ViBram is a private Italian company. They just provide the soles for most of the boots around the would. Although if memory serves me right, the soles for boots sold only in the US are made by a US manufacturer, which leased the rights from ViBram to use that name and manufacturing process. These soles are slightly different in composition then the ViBram's sold every where else around the world.

The founder is credited with making the first rubber sole, I believe. I could look this up to confirm but I'm too tired. Good night all.

anyone got a usmc shoe fetish ?

tounge2.gif

Anyway i am currently working on the force Recons for the next update and i might post a wip picture soon if i get everything ingame.

tounge2.gif

Anyway i am currently working on the force Recons for the next update and i might post a wip picture soon if i get everything ingame.

inlove.gif how lovely

just small wish, put the goggles on for them, also that hood looks good on swat units.

Sounds Great Johnny,can't wait for the Force Recon guys!!! crazy_o.gif

but pleas can u give this guy's some Danner USMC boots biggrin_o.gif

and damn u, i really can't play ARMA without your Marines. wink_o.gif

btw, thanks for your replacement files william!!!!

whoops, my bad... but reguardless of what i said... i wear the boots every f*ckin day and thats my oppinion... so my bad on saying that bates makes vibram...

Jonny,

you should make their boots just a tad bit darker for the guys in the woodland digis... the lighter color for the desert guys is awesome cause when the boots get in that desert powder/dust, they do tend to lighten up a bit... i think it might also have to do with the heat/sun/moisture that lightens them up... wink_o.gif

Hi, will the Force Recon units use/require addon weapons like i.e:

Aimpoint's Desert Weapons v1.2, or the HK Mk23 Pack v1.2? or

they gonna keep using BIS weapons plus they're own weaponry?.

Let's C ya

how about this suggestion johny:

keep the machinegunner look as it is but also add him gloves

but take the automatic rifileman the one with the m249 squad automatic weapon

and make him sleeveless that would be cool just like

ssgt.griggs in call of duty 4 hope you played it cuz i didn't find any pictures of him or any sleeveless marine in real life picture

i hope you know what i mean

but don't get me wrong i don't mean the short ugly BIS sleeves but no sleeves at all

that would be cool

P.S. arma was dead to me until your marines addon revived it

smile_o.gif

well i am not going to work over my current marines again. The force recons are probably going to released as an extra addon.

ssgt.griggs in call of duty 4 hope you played it cuz i didn't find any pictures of him or any sleeveless marine in real life picture

but don't get me wrong i don't mean the short ugly BIS sleeves but no sleeves at all

that would be cool

smile_o.gif

I don't remember any sleeveless Marines in Call to Duty 4.  I've never seen pics or videos of Marines in Iraq not wearing their full uniforms except in a few cases where they were in their PT (physical training) uniforms or were just waking up when they got attacked and had to throw on their kevlar and body armor. The only other exception I can think of is of units that do a ton of manual labor like engineer units (when doing construction work) and artillery units.   Units that are on duty and not wearing proper uniform is a sign of unprofessionalism in the US military.  From my experience, most USMC and US Army units are VERY strict about uniform with the exception of some Special Operations units.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

This vid will help with the Force Recon marines (which most of them are in MARSOC now anyway) thumbs-up.gif

http://www.militaryvideos.net/videos.php?videonum=77

Also, the issue with the T-shirt is very simple. Many soldiers, no matter the service, sometimes do not wear their camo tops. It is all unit specific, some commanders will allow it, some will not, all depends on the chain of command. I've seen some 82nd ABN soldiers not wear their ACU tops and of course, special ops sometimes didn't either.

recon sounds good love the Marines units vary nice gear and all smile_o.gif you realy hit the spot on them, but on the recon units that your doing can you put some back pack on them like big back packs not the BIS ones. Recon units in the field go the distance and need there gear. Would be nice to have an back pack on some of them for long serch missions.

that would be cool

smile_o.gif

NO! now your trying to make it all arcady and defeating the purpose! Mr. SSgt. Griggs wouldnt be out in the field with his sleeves cut off... OUT OF UNIFORM PUNNISHABLE BY THE UCMJ. Just wouldnt happen...