Sign in to follow this  
INNOCENT&CLUELESS

ArmA Public Beta Patch 1.05.5143

Downloading and reading the readme while at it smile_o.gif .

edit: Very slow, any mirrors?

Also when I try to load arma with the patch I get this error:  Error compiling Vertex Shader VSterrain

No large view distance for me then. sad_o.gif

Are you using the batchfile for starting the exe?

I have just been flying the harrier around with a 5k viewdistance. It looks great biggrin_o.gif . Headshot bug is gone too.

Texture loading issues seem better, but still not perfect.

So far I like the patch. Performance seems a bit better, I am now running the game on 1280x960 again. Will see if I can keep that.

i downloaded it twice and it refuses to install.

it says something about beta version not installed or installation is corrupt and i have a working 1.05 arma install. (xp32)

i have the sprocket version - could there be a conflict?

Same here, also downloaded it twice

Any helpers?

Also when I try to load arma with the patch I get this error: Error compiling Vertex Shader VSterrain

No large view distance for me then. sad_o.gif

Are you using the batchfile for starting the exe?

That fixed it, thanks.

Patch seems good, but I get some odd LOD errors. For instance I climbed to about 600ft and dropped down to ground level. Everything stayed at low LOD for about 2 minutes before suddenly going to max detail.

Also the tops of trees seem to turn low detail for no reason.

Other than that, good patch. Nice to be able to see stuff!

Also what does the patch mean with the animated cyclic and collective for choppers? My choppers controls don't animate when I am flying.

^try using a download manager maybe, worked for me.

Gave this patch a quick test and was very impressed. I have an 8800 GTS and I can now see up to 10k's view distance, not sure if this is the fog bug fully fixed but it's a whole lot less noticable. Performance as a whole seems a fair bit faster.

Only thing I don't like so far is the vertical view centering for vehicles.

soundburst.. 6 year old bug, now solved. Thanks god and bis! smile_o.gif

Not to mention the old bug that you switch to driver and back and suddently the driver ignores you.

Had that quite often in OFP and ArmA and sometimes your whole group refuses to follow orders then you could only lead them by giving direct location orders

i downloaded it twice and it refuses to install.

it says something about beta version not installed or installation is corrupt and i have a working 1.05 arma install. (xp32)

i have the sprocket version - could there be a conflict?

Same here, also downloaded it twice

Any helpers?

Same here. Downloaded twice once from BIS once from www.armedassault.info

Guess it isnt sprocket-friendly huh.gif

Also what does the patch mean with the animated cyclic and collective for choppers? My choppers controls don't animate when I am flying.

That's because the patch is only for the executable and not any objects like the choppers. I'm guessing we'll see the animations in the next patch.

just tried the patch and glad to say that it works on current 1.05 servers. Tried it on XGN just now.

Performance is a bit better but not at 1.04 level. however it doesnt bother now that i can play at 1152x??? resolution.

I like that now you could see other player's heads turn in vehicles. If im not mistaken i saw a guy stretch his neck while looking out from the BH cargo seat.

One thing i didnt like was like what other people mentioned; the auto-centering on choppers. Holding down alt disables the collective control of the choppers and i believe we'd usually look down when we're landing. With the view centered i cant see the ground 2 metres infront of me.

Oh yea and view distance at max owned. I could see across Rahmadi during the intro sequence. Comp couldnt handle it above 6km though.

Overall a nice beta patch. Leaving vehicles' engines on after you exited is a nice addition for some MP strategy.

The sound burst bug is actually not fixed for the weapons, the fix is in the new executable but requires changes in the config to actually have effect on the default weapons. The new config will probably be included in the final version of the patch.

Edit: After having a look, it seems there is a new config included. It probably doesn't have the necessary changes for the burst mode sound fix yet.

US release is near - we need to hurry to run public beta test!!!! yohoooo yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

But anyway thx - still better than nothing...

Anyone test VON (you need an updated server though)?

When I fly the SU, switch to rockets and manualfire, the copilot still fires on his own.

And one more vote against the autocentric heliview.

Quote[/b] ]

Leaving vehicles' engines on after you exited is a nice addition for some MP strategy.

Indeed, now all we need is ability to leave the fix the gear and the gas throttle. We can send empty UAZs to the enemy base in hope they will drive over all the infantry there.

Anyone test VON (you need an updated server though)?

Just update the public server you silly man, then we will try it! Not like we need that one anyway whistle.gif

This is what people are on about?

Quote[/b] ]

5139 - Fixed: Releasing Alt in a vehicle should center view vertically

I used to adjust my vertical FOV with ALT too because some vehicles have bad visibility, perhaps they will adjust the pilot positions in the final patch since this one doesnt change anything other than engine/settings code.

On a positive side the transition from free look to default is now smooth when you release ALT (playing on foot), i like that.

The HDR blackening effect after looking at the sun seems less noticeable now, might be related to this:

Quote[/b] ]5137 - Fixed: Reduced shadowing caused by the terrain.
?

One thing im a bit disapointed is that an issue reported before and supposedly fixed really isnt (lighting transition).

Performance seems better but i have to playtest alot more, so far so good smile_o.gif .

installed flawlesly on Czech version and no need to restart for SF update ...

only problem i see that You can't join "pure" servers as it's using -Mod=beta

p.s. i really like the way beta blends to ArmA ...

i hope this mean daily test builds releases whistle.gif

quoted for truth!!1

finally this is the right direction yay.gif

Ok tried a third time and still get:

1.05.5143 PUBLIC BETA VERSION is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted.

This is after you try to open the setup file.

Could a Mod please confirm that this Beta is not compatable with Sprocket versions so I can stop downloading and start weeping tounge2.gif

US release is near - we need to hurry to run public beta test!!!! yohoooo yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

But anyway thx - still better than nothing...

It's amusing that no matter what BIS does, someone always has to bitch about it. They release a beta patch that has lots of cool features, and inevitably you have someone make snide comments about it. Wonderful.

Damn, I am at work and I can't try how the game looks like with that beta. Thanks BIS you are doing a great job!! The game must be polished before the US release.

@Dslyecxi: The comment from d3dsh33p was correct and gentle.

Since we are aware that we load a beta we can not moan, everyone keen on a game session should NOT load the beta.

I have no problem to be a beta tester as long as I have a choice.

Most problems came from the fact that we were abused as ALPHA testers and we had to pay for that honor.

You have a different view since you EARN money with that, we LOOSE money.

It's amusing that no matter what BIS does, someone always has to bitch about it. They release a beta patch that has lots of cool features, and inevitably you have someone make snide comments about it. Wonderful.

He is just a codemasters troll. No seriously, I have a public beta test server running without the mod folder for those having problems finding a server to crash. You can find it at 71.170.120.175.

it has been said a million times but what forces you to buy the first release.

Why not wait for a finalized product and buy it then to not be a beta tester?

Seriously if i hear this paid for betatesting thing one more time i get spasmic reactions...