Sign in to follow this  
INNOCENT&CLUELESS

ArmA Public Beta Patch 1.05.5143

It has uninstall information in the first thread:

Quote[/b] ]There's no uninstall option. To remove the beta you need to manually delete the "BETA" directory and STARTBETAPATCH.BAT from your main game directory.

Looks like it has some very good new features, I especially like that you can have 1 sound wich repeats 2/3 times, and that's the burst sound.

Realistic! smile_o.gif

Is there a clean way to remove the BETA after testing so that I have my previous build?

Not only that. You can continue using the stable build while you have the beta installed, as it exists side by side.

the beta installs alternate "ArmA.exe", "ArmA_server.exe" and dta folder, and is used like a mod folder. The original installation does not change.

Suma, (Or Moderator) wouldn't it be a good idea to make a sticky for 'Beta Patch Feedback' as to not start hundreds of posts on the same subject ?

Just an idea.

7 hours to go before I can try it dammit.

THAT I call a good solution.

So I could even run several, not only one if naming of batchdir and executable is properly done?

I would establish and use that as the regular way to get it public tested.

Would BI so kind and provide some test servers with a defined reference setup? Otherwise I have doubts that the results are telling if we have to fight with both server and client setup.

installed flawlesly on Czech version and no need to restart for SF update ...

only problem i see that You can't join "pure" servers as it's using -Mod=beta

p.s. i really like the way beta blends to ArmA ...

i hope this mean daily test builds releases whistle.gif

i downloaded it twice and it refuses to install.

it says something about beta version not installed or installation is corrupt and i have a working 1.05 arma install. (xp32)

i have the sprocket version - could there be a conflict?

This beta thing was a common practise in later versions of OFP and always worked fine smile_o.gif

Improvements are looking promising smile_o.gif

<s>hmm, I'm having trouble seeing any servers on the multiplayer screen when running ArmA v1.05.5136 (not the beta!), although I have also messed with my registry and my firewall since it last worked (system cleaning). Could someone else with the beta installed please check this out?</s>

Edit - probably just the gamespy server problem! oops

have they changed the headshot bug?

i can find no mention in the change list

yes.

Suma wrote in the bug-tracker:

Quote[/b] ]Bug in collision detection caused this. Fixed in build 5137

BI doing public beta tests? Is this a bad April's joke or a very nice change? wow_o.gif

I'm just downloading it and am glad to beta test this great game, but please let it be no joke ... it's not April 1st anymore ... crazy_o.gif

seems like there is bug when using more mods

when using mod loading order

-mod=beta;@6thSenseMod

then result is ArmA crash on load

Quote[/b] ]

ErrorMessage: Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha

while when using reverse order

-mod=@6thSenseMod;beta

then all is fine !

Quote[/b] ]5139 - Fixed: Releasing Alt in a vehicle should center view vertically

I don't like this "fix" at all. Setting the head's vertical axis was the only way to effectively control some vehicles and see something, like some cars, M113 periscopes and the Sopwith Camel's upper wing gap (the lower cockpit just blocks view). The helicopters are the worst with the default center view, can't see almost anything at full speed in a Blackhawk or Hip. I don't have the money to buy TrackIR.

I agree about the helicopter view centreing, it's better to be able to set it.

Downloading now, will see if the reduced haze fix has an effect on the gf 8800 fog bug. (I think it's related to nvidia drivers though).

Wow, viewdistance 10,000m is impressive! Unfortunately objects seem to stop rendering beyond 3000m, although I have a hopelessly outdated video card which may be limiting things.

ah nice.. what a way to keep me busy tonight.

Downloading now.

Wow, viewdistance 10,000m is impressive! Unfortunately objects seem to stop rendering beyond 3000m, although I have a hopelessly outdated video card which may be limiting things.

Turning up the object detail setting increases the draw distance of objects. Of course it also drops the framerate.

BI doing public beta tests? Is this a bad April's joke or a very nice change? wow_o.gif

They did this for OFP too, there was two official beta versions released for OFP after v1.46, and all the versions from 1.90 and onwards to 1.96 were released as betas, and then v1.96 was released as "final".

Why would anyone want to beta test this?

I bought the Czech version in the first week and have been beta testing it all the time sad_o.gif

I will wait for the next patch.

Good news and testing it!

I just have a little question: I guess it's possible to use mod with this beta, but how to? (I use startbetapatch.batch to run the beta).

Btw, tracers are still not fixed.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Quote[/b] ]5139 - Fixed: Releasing Alt in a vehicle should center view vertically

I don't like this "fix" at all. Setting the head's vertical axis was the only way to effectively control some vehicles and see something, like some cars, M113 periscopes and the Sopwith Camel's upper wing gap (the lower cockpit just blocks view). The helicopters are the worst with the default center view, can't see almost anything at full speed in a Blackhawk or Hip. I don't have the money to buy TrackIR.

Yeah, I fly the choppers with my view down slightly. This sort of sucks.

Also when I try to load arma with the patch I get this error: Error compiling Vertex Shader VSterrain

No large view distance for me then. sad_o.gif

E: Running the game with the following

Intel C2D 6600 @ 2.4ghz

OCZ 2gb 5400 unbuffered

Asus EN8800GTX

Sata HDD

Latest forceware drivers (101)