Sign in to follow this  
M.Andersson(SWE)

Jet Fighters

Yea Xav, looks nice...

I realized something...There is only one Airport on Island hu?

Need more and BIGGER islands yay.gif

Actually there are 3 airports though 2 would be classed as very rough airstrips by the quality of them.There is one in Ramhadi then in the north the SLA hav a one cant remember the name but there is defo one there

there are 4 runways !!! the one you miss is the north-eastern island. there is a dirty runway biggrin_o.gif

i hope these jets are soon out biggrin_o.gif i like the stuff you guys building biggrin_o.gif

greetz

thamaster303

Xav your birds look excellent! Best I've seen so far (and that includes BIS ones)

Credits should go to the entire OFrP team, not myself but thank you thumbs-up.gif

Many more stuff are in the work wink_o.gif

Man ...I cant wait for more aircraft ....looking good foot ...you still rule ....and the other projects for others look great 2 notworthy.gif

I can't wait for aircraft that work..that actually engage targets by themselves.

Nice to see some Multi Role Fighters flying over sahrani!!!

Don't forget the afterburners, wingtip condensation trails and fuselage vapor effect... wink_o.gif

btw. have the runways proper lenght?

or is there an carrier or "Atlantis-Island" somewhere biggrin_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

Harriers cant be trusted!!!!

JSF FOR LIFE (BFF)

That’s what happens when you don’t pay attention to the JPT warnings!

Give the JSF time and it will develop some nasty characteristics of its own.  It currently has an interesting habit of ‘burping’ fuel/air mix at high altitude hovers.  That makes the Harrier’s "pop stalls" seem like a polite hiccup.

I've been doing some testing with some of the old settings i used in OFP with mixed results.  I've managed to get the AA Harrier to engage my Mig-23 but it takes an age to get into a position where it shoots.  I've given up all hope with the SU-34.  Its just too fast.  By the time it sees the target its already passing it and by the time it decides to engage its 5k away and enters a never ending turn trying to get a lock.  huh.gif

Can I say: "SPLASH 1 Harrier!"?

rofl.gif

RockofSL, maybe try pitting a Harrier vs a Skyhawk (Falklands War scenario) - the Skyhawks are slower so they shouldn't pose any problems? huh.gif

Edit: Footmunch, are F-16 cockpits really that yellow? I've seen many picks where it doesn't look that way...

f-16-0000000c.jpg

Well, this one is just to demonstrate that the F-16 is always cheerful! biggrin_o.gif

Yellow-ness has already been adjusted. It will need to be adjusted again once serious work starts on gloss and bump maps.

Whats the status on the F-16, I noticed the last post was in April, so...

Hmmmm... I like harriers cause of their short take off... but it would be nice to have F-16 or Gripsen smile_o.gif

When I spot this topic I thought about F-22, F-35 or maybe Mirage, but 3000km/h or more is too much for ArmA map XD

Whatever

Where's the eurofighters....

We've got UK dpms, l85s, landies, lynxs (soon), now we need some challies, some warriors and eurofighters, and we're set to let the brits kick some SLA ass for once

What we really need is a carrier task force and some of these:

f18e_530_gear3.jpg

nice f/a-18E smile_o.gif , you still work on that addon ?

or is ready testing for beta releast ?

Ye, I was really looking forward to F18's. They are very much a jet fighter choice on islands like Sahrani. This is what USMC would bring with them. Any chance to see it soon Franze?

Mig-29 should come with it too, so that we can have some sort of balance in the game. But without flares these planes don't stand a chance in Arma. Right now I can shoot any plane in the air with just Strela, which is a bullshit off course. Maybe these fighters can come with Mando's missile and flares addon?

F-22 Raptors!

pleas please please!

i had a game called f-22 lightning 3 which i absalutly loved, hours of fun :P!

@eddyD

It's fully functional except for some glitches with weaponry (in the process of correcting those bugs), the shadow LOD, and proper nighttime instrument functionality (instruments need to be lighted at night). The real problem I've had is with AI usage of the aircraft - landing autopilot doesn't work correctly (aircraft will be about a meter from touching down and autopilot doesn't think it's safe enough and loops around to infinity), AI won't use it to attack targets correctly (AI will dive it into the ground on attack runs), and finally I don't have a carrier (yet) to test it on for assured sea borne compatibility.

@.COMmunist

I don't know if I'll be ready to release it before December. The AI problems in particular are especially difficult to fix.

Also, the USMC only uses the legacy Hornets, while the Navy employs both the legacy and the Super Hornet. So whether or not a Super Hornet is more realistic than a Harrier, I don't know. wink_o.gif

The only MiG-29 I have is a relatively old low-face version. I've considered doing one, but I thought by now someone would have come out with a MiG-29. I do have a F-16 and a F-22 in ArmA now, but only one of those 'could' be OPFOR.

Also, the original missile spoofing script works in ArmA just fine, the only thing is one could argue it's too effective.

As soon as there are carrier aircraft and a carrier in Arma, I will do nothing but do landing and take off runs all day until I get it down.  It's not like I have anything better to do these days.

F16 you say? Even if the model isn't superb, I'd still release it as a "beta" version biggrin_o.gif ...

Sure, we all like our addons a monotone gray with no cockpit and little detail. wink_o.gif

You can release the one with some glitches for SP/MP only to be used by humans...all its functionalities will be tested and you will get bug reports & feedback for improvement.

I'm so looking forward to flying a Mirage 2000, so keep the up the good work!

By the way, would it be too much work to make a Mirage III for RACS? Just thought since it's the base of the Mirage 2000 it might not be too much work huh.gif

I suppose I'll just cry flying the F-16 here since I'm used to Falcon 4.0 though... confused_o.gif

Then we just need a Mig-23 or Mig-21 to put into dogfights with the Mirage and my day is complete!