Sign in to follow this  
JDShots

Berzerk Map Pack

Hi all yay.gif

Yes v1.22 is released since yesterday, march 19/2007 at get42.com...

changelog also included..

current todo-list:

- Score for capturing a target

- TK punishment is in work ...

- No Frontline planned ... Paratroopers never accept any frontline! Just HOLD your targets! ...

feel free to post requests / bugs (with screenshot) to zap@get42.com

Nice one !!

Just uploaded all 9 maps to our server =22SAS= public

Awesome map, was playing on a server before with 60+ other people was great fun smile_o.gif

hi again, yay.gif

i will release v1.23 today .. so whats new then:

- weapons not locked anymore after respawn

- zap's vehicle map default off now (better use ctrl-m)

- french briefing and language files added

- polish briefing and language files added

- and finally:) a new map added: Ortego (5-6 locations)

will be up in 1-2 hrs ... so weekend can come,

zap

First of all, GREAT JOB with the maps, i allmost gave up with C&H, but after a berzerk night c&h game, i've to admit, there's some good fun init. The GUI is outstanding and the name markers are too. Exspecialy the automatic saved weapon choice is nice.

just 2 question: is there a berzerk c&h league planed and are you map dev's planing on having such a suberb template for ctf too ?

hi again, yay.gif

i will release v1.23 today .. so whats new then:

- weapons not locked anymore after respawn

- zap's vehicle map default off now (better use ctrl-m)

- french briefing and language files added

- polish briefing and language files added

- and finally:) a new map added: Ortego (5-6 locations)

will be up in 1-2 hrs ... so weekend can come,

zap

ricky could easily kick bubbles' ass

thanks for the updates notworthy.gif

hi all,

added some nice berzerk game stats to the download site ... really cool, thanx to SWEC.se! firefoxlover.gif

didn't finnished v1.23 yet, will see what happens today ...

regards,

zap

v1.23 is up including the new map Ortego pistols.gif

available at get42

have fun folx

zap

Berzerk map are excelents

will you improuve the teamplay ?

why dont you make squads ?

respawn on leader and a respawn vehicle by side

nice work , bravo

Hi, im a bit of a noob but how do i get the file to work wen i host? ive saved it to mpmissions in my arma thing like normal (iv made other maps work like this so i kinda know wat im doin) but it says its a RAR file and i think it needs to be a PBO? anyway how do i get it to work?

Hi mate,

First off,nice maps i love em,I was playing 1 earlier tonight and i noticed that you could use an M107 .50 and an M16 with acog sights,I was wondering if i can use these weapons in mission editor as i love the M107?

Does anyone know if this is possible......

THANKS in advance.

All the best

Dan

logo.png

leagues.gif

hi there ...

@[21stSAS] Major -> a "rar" package is similar to a "zip" package ... use a program that is capable of unpacking RAR files like winRAR (i prefer) or winACE

Due to heavy requests for league gaming, a new mission will be created with 3 primary targets to hold... maybe Corazol.

Watch out this really AWESOME! berzerk-league logo created by administrator of the Armed Assault France site!

They start their first testing-league next week. The logo is just that cool so we decide to keep it for global berzerkin' leagues. (mail me for further details).

For further information about the french league itself look at Armed Assault - League France

some minor bugs in 1.23 will be done .. like airsupport still suxx and minor bugs in weapon dialogues.

If there's something really important i forgot ICQ me at #426659

(didn't play for 2 weeks so dunno whats going on anyways =)

regards buds, v1.24 will come this weekend ...

zap (general berzerk - COOP? UGAH UGAH PUKE! )

Hello Zaphod

nice that your going to give your maps out for a league, but sadly this French league is just for French speaking players.

It would be great to have a international league site with your maps and i know a nice place for that.

http://www.gamez-club.de/

we have already a well working CTF ladder and it would be a pleasure for us to start a C&H ladder with your maps!

smile_o.gif

Just tell me if that would be ok for you and then we can talk more closely about it!

with best wishes

Frantic

i hope 1.24 sports medic class please inlove.gif

Apart from the BF1985 feel the maps are OK. Some things I would change though:

* increase item slots from 10 to 12 (it changed after OFP)

* SVD mags should take only 1 slot

* longer body removal time, you should be able to take weapons from them!

* some kind of score limit or credit system for certain weapons, who picks M4 when there are G36 and SPR?

* try to think of an alternative way of giving out weapons or everyone will go for the super gun+rocket launcher combo, maybe allow a launcher only with a standard weapon like M16/M4 Aimdot and AK-74/AKSU

* time lock for vehicle start in main bases if there is infantry close (avoid soloing with transport vehicles, setfuel or setvelocity [0,0,0] with a timed loop might do it)

* automatic side message if an opposing faction's vehicle is taken, e.g. Frantic.bay: "BMP at Urbans is friendly, don't shoot!"

* scatter more medic tents around and introduce medic class

* give an option to turn grass off for low end computers (setterraingrid 50)

* no music after spawning

* make the flag capturing area bigger

Zaphod,

There is a small bug in the mission... You just forgot to take into consideration the fact that grenades now uses the room of the pistol mags and not the room of normal mags as they did in OFP... (Bug occured on AK74 + GP25)

But i think you just forgot that when you transfered the scripts from OFP to ArmA...

I hope you know where you have to change 'YOUR' wink_o.gif script...

So, have a nice day...

Salute ])a)(

“Someone†is taken with the underwear down here, as I understand. Why is credit so hard to give?

Is there any chance that the creator of Battlefield1985 ])a)( Clan of Dukes, will make new missions for ARMA?

is there any chance You will make mini-version of great ber[z]erk map? ((2 flags) like mini-bf in ofp which become more popular and playable than normal battlefield). its a very good alternative when on server play 5vs5 or server has low bandwidth and can't run bigger map

)a)( @ May 14 2007,19:32)]Zaphod,

There is a small bug in the mission... You just forgot to take into consideration the fact that grenades now uses the room of the pistol mags and not the room of normal mags as they did in OFP... (Bug occured on AK74 + GP25)

But i think you just forgot that when you transfered the scripts from OFP to ArmA...

I hope you know where you have to change 'YOUR' wink_o.gif script...

So, have a nice day...

A nice and subtle side blow for not getting credited at all within Zaphods maps, although the obvious similarity to the Battlefield1985 scripts from OFP, with all its spin-offs, would demand to do so. Understandable post, especially for those, who have sampled the whole evolution of the flashpoint scripts until version 1.81++, that is still played.

But beside that little impoliteness, the Berzerk mapdesign is quite good and will definitely become the standard in ArmA C&Hs. Good to have such maps instead of playing those BIS C&Hs, dunno who decided to let the player spawn airborne, as ArmA introduced vulnerability of paratroopers. It's really frustating to get shot when dangling with the chute, having no chance to spray some rounds to the ground, what of course could get a bit too arcadish. Spawning as infantry on the ground was the right decision Zaphod.

I second Celery's suggestions. Nice ideas mate, except for items 5, 10 and 11 imho. I disagree here, especially for the last item. The bigger the area of a flagpole gets, the more folks can probably hide behind garbage cans waiting for the defending troops to shoot them once they are on the hunt for that guy, who caused the position/flag to turn yellow or blue. Okay on the other hand, the smaller the areas the more camping with the defender's faction. But however, the mapstyle is called C&H, so conquer and hold, and hold implies to camp biggrin_o.gif

I really enjoy playing this online the most. But I was wondering, would it be possible to have the hold points need to be captured in succession so that we have more of a push map? I think that would enhance the gameplay as it would further compress the action into a frontline.

Problem with that is Arrowhead, there is much less tactical gameplay.. as you can only capture one other site and that means u'll get a stalemate as both teams defend and attack the same 2 areas...

Hi there,

I really took a look at ofp mission scripts to develop the berzerk engine itself. The first versions stay close to these scripts but since 1.2 all was redesigned and rewritten! by me. so what credit about.

development starts again today so hopefully until next weekend .24 with a new little close combat map will follow. theres still much work to do, because there were many suggestions mailed to me with really good ideas (as e.g. the parachute respawn option was).

I can see much of these ideas done in COOP maps so far like the evolution one, but the decision what is usable for berzerking and what is not isn't done yet. So the berzerk engine itself isn't really finnished as planned so. this time we are still all testing ..... don't worry about, if you discover problems or really bad problems in gameplay feel free to mail me or post it here. (because the real enthusiam of the berzerks stopped since feb.)

regards,

zap