Sign in to follow this  
fabrizio_t

Patch 1.05 impressions

you know what, i have never having so much fun in an AH1Z b4!!!

bless you god loving BIS thumbs-up.gifnotworthy.gif

I've had good luck with the patch. Seems to be about the same in most ways. Little better frame rate. Load times seem faster.

AI seem to run and attack me better. I ambushed 4 of them. Killed one and two of them ran two different directions and one fell to the ground. Then they all circled out of my sight and came up on me. One threw 3 grenades but I had cover. They all attacked well.

Oh, and try using a joystick with the new motorcycles. Otherwise they drive poorly.

I've had nothing but goodness with 1.04 -> 1.05.

It flows as well as it did before the patch (or as well as it can on my 7600GS) and the introduction of the free ironsites is just a dream come true.

The only problem I have is the slow to load textures, but i don't have much of a problem with that as my PC is fairly old anyway.

Oh, i suggest people who use vsync get Rivatuner from Guru3d.com, it has a neat little program included in it that allows D3D triple buffering, makes it run super smooth with no image tearing.

should we start a poll to find which version of pre-1.05 patches are being used the most to start the upgrade and got problems? confused_o.gif

my nose tells me there should be some problem hiding there wow_o.gif

Don't worry. BI will create some new bugs for you with the next patch. Enjoy it while you can.

Who are you? You don't seem to have a clue about BIS, bub.

the more he post the more i have the through that he is infact a hired gun, prove me wrong, post something useful, let someone help you out instead of posting dumcrap saying notthing more then "i have problem, but i dont want to fix it, sXrew you BIS anyway, muahah!!!11!11!!!!"

After Hourless testing in various Multiplayer-games and Maps i hae to say:

I'm very sorry but that patch 1.05 is a real shame!

There are so much bugs still in it - simply unbeliveable.

For me as a german 1.02 User, before the patch, there are simply no real improvements. The opposite is the true case:

- Performance decreased so extremly(about 50%) in Multiplayer!!

- Soundbugs in Multiplayer still there (sounds dissapear - ok a bit better than in 1.02)

- Texture Bugs still there (disaapaer and reappear when you turn around)

- Even with some Gigs of Ram, Arma will extremely load on Harddisk which slow down the system

- Collision-detection is still very bad! For example:When Tanks have collisions with each other or some map-parts like walls, they fly in the air with a accelerated sound?!?!?

- AI: a bit better but still dumb like sh*t. For exaple: Infantry dont uses bridge, they walk through the water, stuck in the middle and lost their weapons. Same on tanks and no matter how high you set AI's "abbilitys".

- Multiplayer-browser is buggy (sometimes you can not see all games - we tested it with some friends in realtime while we was telephoning together over isdn-conference)

- Various translation errors in german.

- Various Crash-to desktops (CTD's) still there when joining Multiplayer or hosting one game.

- and so on and so on.... the list of bugs what i found out in 10 hours of playing multiplayer with the new 1.05 is near endless!!!

And the grass-thing:

Is that the Joke of the Century?huh.gif?? rofl.gif

No matter if the grass in flatten or not, when you use you ironsights or the scopes while laying down in the grass, you still can't see anything!!! - this "addon" is really useless when playing in veteran mode only with ironsights!

What BIS, please tell me, what have you done the whole time?huh.gif?!!!!! banghead.gifbanghead.gif

All real bugs are NOT fixed!

Ahh i know, you needed that time for the development off extreme useless addons and things like Motorcyles or HUD in Aircrafts icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Why don't you had focused your time in research and solving off the uncountable ammounts of bugs?

That a real shame, a real real shame, and thats so damn sorry.

Here is my view.

vbs2dq6.jpg

What BIS, please tell me, what have you done the whole time?huh.gif?!!!!! banghead.gifbanghead.gif

We have done this:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Version_History

Yes i know, that reads good.... but what about that minor Bugs which are still there?

Ok some of the addons made are good like the sniper-guns, but wouldn't it be better to first solve that anoying bugs?

Regards Christian

i agree with the grass .. obviously developers have been smoking too much of it ..

its spring loaded .. come on ..  you roll in the grass ... it stays flat for a least half a day (depending on season).. it just dosnt bounce back into life... not good ...  wow_o.gif

If only they fixed the sound bug I could have a gr8 time on it till the next patch but I can't play for longer than 5mins. The performance is now really bad I have to set the draw distance to 500m but still pointless as the sound vanishes. Static AT gun units still dont fire the jets still dont fire. Obvious bugs that need fixing to allow us to play a bit were ignored it's like EA games  made the patch.

The grass is the right height the player should push himself up abit as you aim like you would.

Did you really expect EVERYTHING to be fixed in one patch? I can understand why people are upset over the performance decrease, but I'm tired of reading about people who want everything fixed.

Would you have seriously prefered it if the patch was delayed several weeks/months to fix the other problems?

Ahh i know, you needed that time for the development off extreme useless addons and things like Motorcyles or HUD in Aircrafts icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Why don't you had focused your time in research and solving off the uncountable ammounts of bugs?

Your wrong there, the people who fix bugs aren't the people who make addons..

Its not a one man business you know. BIS do try there hardest..

I see that the patch has improved my game its just a matter of opinion, opinions should be kept to ones self, only state the facts.

Give BIS a break, there are countless improvment, personally, i'm just glad to actully have ArmA after years of waiting.

Something I put together last night.

vbs2dq6.jpg

I don't expect everything fixed I expect them to patch the sound bug and graphics problems so we can all play it for hours a day while they work on the next bug fixes. The sound going off and some 768MB cards managing 12fps with missing graphics should be the first to be fixed not a change of the aircraft sounds or the menues with new colours.

Would you have seriously prefered it if the patch was delayed several weeks/months to fix the other problems?

The answer to that question is: Me and all the other Arma players (neighbours, friends and brothers of me + many users from big German Flashpoint/Arma forums) i know so far would prefer it if BIS had focused their work on solving the real great bugs, form which i had posted a small part above.

regards, Christian

in one word ....

YES

gonna do something .. do it right first time ...

agreed a great game like ARMA will take months to perfect  but practice makes perfect .. allow more time for beta testing

release when ready  ...

you start giving yourself deadlines .. you start having to meet them ...

corners will be cut .. every time ..

paitence is a virtue

Did you really expect EVERYTHING to be fixed in one patch? I can understand why people are upset over the performance decrease, but I'm tired of reading about people who want everything fixed.

No i didn't and i dont expect them to fix everything. But i at least would like to be albe to play. Take a look here and you will see that after patch 1.05 we just can't play anymore sad_o.gif

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=58800

from what I've heard, first priority bugs are crashes and mission bugs

If they ran a formula one team they would send Schumacher round the first 20 laps on two wheels then go oh wait a minuet come back in to pit mate we will give that mirror a wipe and add some more stickers.

If they organised the Gulf war 2 they would do something like send the troops in with no body armour or rifle oil imagin if that happend. Oh PM we have no bullets oh rite we have some pot noodles on the way and fury dice for the tanks good luck.

Performance is around 15-20% worse than 1.02. sad_o.gif However, gameplay and AI is actually a lot better now. Friendly AI finally return fire and don´t act totally moronic. They zeroed the sights and it´s much easier to kill the enemy now. The new tracers are awesome (and useful at night) and love how they look like at night thru the NV. The bugs in most single player missions and the campaign are gone but I don´t like the extreme fog in the "Delivery Boy" mission. Overall an average patch, the performance got worse but gameplay was improved. I still say "thank you" to BIS and the beta testers because I know they will eventually get it under control.

Details about my PC specs and the problem itself can be found in this thread:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....78;st=0

I got to ask, how is the new chopper movements? Any different?

After Hourless testing in various Multiplayer-games and Maps i hae to say:

I'm very sorry but that patch 1.05 is a real shame!

There are so much bugs still in it - simply unbeliveable.

For me as a german 1.02 User, before the patch, there are simply no real improvements. The opposite is the true case:

- Performance decreased so extremly(about 50%) in Multiplayer!!

- Soundbugs in Multiplayer still there (sounds dissapear - ok a bit better than in 1.02)

- Texture Bugs still there (disaapaer and reappear when you turn  around)

- Even with some Gigs of Ram, Arma will extremely load on Harddisk which slow down the system

- Collision-detection is still very bad! For example:When Tanks have collisions with each other or some map-parts like walls, they fly in the air with a accelerated sound?!?!?

- AI: a bit better but still dumb like sh*t. For exaple: Infantry dont uses bridge, they walk through the water, stuck in the middle and lost their weapons. Same on tanks and no matter how high you set AI's "abbilitys".

- Multiplayer-browser is buggy (sometimes you can not see all games - we tested it with some friends in realtime while we was telephoning together over isdn-conference)

- Various translation errors in german.

- Various Crash-to desktops (CTD's) still there when joining Multiplayer or hosting one game.

- and so on and so on.... the list of bugs what i found out in 10 hours of playing multiplayer with the new 1.05 is near endless!!!

And the grass-thing:

Is that the Joke of the Century?huh.gif?? rofl.gif

No matter if the grass in flatten or not, when you use you ironsights or the scopes while laying down in the grass, you still can't see anything!!! - this "addon" is really useless when playing in veteran mode only with ironsights!

All real bugs are NOT fixed!

Ahh i know, you needed that time for the development off extreme useless addons and things like Motorcyles or HUD in Aircrafts  icon_rolleyes.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif

Your just ranting... most of what you stated is your poor pc. My pc can run it fine, try turning down your graphics and res. Its either that or Lag your choice.

You gave only one real good point. The tank collision thing is just flat out pittyfull.... but your preformance issues really are your problem not BIS's.

Oh and about the grass... What do YOU THINK would happen if you stare at long grass like that?!

Obviously its going to be in your VIEW!! The fact that it does not "clip" through your iron-sights is a plus! I used to have a piece of grass sticking right through where my sight would be.

Any ways think before you post.

Quote[/b] ]If they organised the Gulf war 2 they would do something like send the troops in with no body armour or rifle oil  imagin if that happend. Oh  PM  we have no bullets oh rite we have some pot noodles on the way and fury dice for the tanks good luck.

what ...  like Tony Blair did ...

you complain that the grass springs back up when you leave?!? huh.gif get outta here, seriously. if that's the worst that happens to you today, you're a lucky guy. icon_rolleyes.gif