Sign in to follow this  
fabrizio_t

Patch 1.05 impressions

Well I'm impressed, this should be the review version, I'm sure Arma would get a much higher score.

I LOVE the new weaponsights, it's about 10x better and enjoyable now.

VTOL is a nice addition, but you guys forgot to change the auto hover icon wink_o.gif

No big deal, great job anyway. Thx.

It might just be me, but in the couple of missions I've played, I've noticed the AI acting much better. I saw soldiers use building cover, side strafe around the corner, fire, and then move back under cover. Consistently.

I've seen more creative flanking. For example, I set up 10 groups of OPFOR to go straight down an alley in Dolores, and after taking fire, they stopped going on the same path and split along 3 groups. 1 group going the original path, another making a slight variation, and the 3rd going around the city and coming in the back way.

Troopers were actually engaging each other consistently too.

Not bad so far. The only thing i miss is the ability to "IR Track" while in the gunner or unbuttoned commander position. I think they kind of lost that feature. I hope for it to be reinserted in 1.06.

But i still have the bad fps problem in towns. Even with details set to low.

To solve the low quality issue put AA filter to low.

Strange, but it works for me.

thanx for that , works like a charm was worried there for a mo.

This worked somewhat for me. Still the graphics are less beautifuel (jaw dropping) than before the 1.05 patch. Who has the same issues?

agreed they are about 10% less in quality than 1.02 ,but the performance increase on everything maxed and low aa , is a nice price tpay. ;0

for instance now i can flw and see very nice scenery and before , it would lag like a lag machine stuck on full lag.

grrr it's all good in 1.05 except an emplaced SLA 12.7mm machine gunner STILL won't engage a hovering Cobra..... Littlebird yes, but a Cobra, he won't even try to take it down sad_o.gif

agreed they are about 10% less in quality than 1.02 ,but the performance increase on everything maxed and low aa , is a nice price tpay. ;0

for instance now i can flw and see very nice scenery and before , it would lag like a lag machine stuck on full lag.

Ah good then it's not just me. I thought I began to imagine things yay.gif.

Is it normal that I'm at 75% (Addons/Characters.PBO) after 5.5 hours of patching?

The internation patch applied on German 1.02

EDIT: I reinstalled the game before applying the patch

HXC - Do not quote images.

Read the forum rules.

Next time you will receive a WL

Thanks smile_o.gif

Does anyone know how to get the AI Harrier to drop it's laser guided bombs?  I've lased the target vehicle, ordered the plane to 'target laser' and tried all sort of command permutations and the AI says "Engaging" and then says "Negative".  Grrrrr...

Is it just because the Harrier is too fast? If a slower aircraft  was modded in would that work?  confused_o.gif

Edit: I'm using the 1.04 to 1.05 patch.

hehe damn i swear the a.i's fight harder then before biggrin_o.gif thats why!

Yeah a fat ass mg should engage a cobra imo. pistols.gif

also the new waling with iron sights move or aka uber tactical mode is really great! Totally love it! Im not good with it with all weapons and so on but with more practice then maybe ... tounge2.gif

I can't say that I've enjoyed the new patch much yet as after about 3-5 minutes of playing I am now suffering from very poor frame rates and textures like this ...

no-textures.jpg

This happens in all missions/editor and I have to restart the game to temporarily solve the problem! Shame, I hope it gets fixed, as I will now have to shelve the game and wait for a fix or revert back to v1.04.  sad_o.gif   Anyone else having this problem? huh.gif

This patch is very nice and all,with the engine tweaks and such.

But there is still some major annoyance in my opinion left in there.

When you host a mission on your client(Client-Server) by yourself and you have respawn on lets say Seagull and then you die , the mission ends.

Makes mission-editing/making some horrible experience.

Same actually seems to be happening on the dedicated server,but there I might perhaps miss some proper settings.

This would be my follow-up questions.

1. Has anyone got "persitent=1" to work? If so,please share smile_o.gif

2. Does anyone know how you can disable the auto-slot-selecting? (playerCountMultipleOf = 0; doesn't do the job).

Thanks in advance for any help

Edit: Nice work on fixing the thing with AI not getting into repaired vehicles by the way. Even tho the Repair-Truck still repairs vehicles to infinitesimal levels,but I guess thats by design wink_o.gif

Flying with the 360 controller seems smoother like BIS smoothed the input from this device or something. Anyway, i like it:) (Perhaps this goes for ppl with Joysticks as well)

I posted this in the MP forum, but seems like my dedicated server 1.05 wants the CD. Can anyone else confirm this? Getting a Securom error.

Weird, someone already confirmed it's supposed to work without the CD.

Should i sell my game?

Yes or No?

It seems that BIS isnt worth the waiting any more.

I can't say that I've enjoyed the new patch much yet as after about 3-5 minutes of playing I am now suffering from very poor frame rates and textures like this ...

Image Link removed.

This happens in all missions/editor and I have to restart the game to temporarily solve the problem! Shame, I hope it gets fixed, as I will now have to shelve the game and wait for a fix or revert back to v1.04.  sad_o.gif   Anyone else having this problem? huh.gif

You have no information to confirm that it is the patch that has done this.

You have not posted your system specifications, I suggest you do this if you want to eleviate any doubt about whether your PC can run this game well in the first place.

Lastly, post in the troubleshooting area, because until you have evidence this is caused by the 1.05 patch you are offtopic.

Still those ugly soundbugs, got an audigy with the latest official drivers for XP installed the updated OpenAL blablabla...

If i'm running with or without HW Acc. or EAX makes no difference.

Upgrading from V1.02 to V1.05 even introduced new sound bugs, like having no weapon sounds from my own gun after respawn or gunshots that sound if they are playing repeatedly in very small inervals out of all speakers at once   crazy_o.gif

I'm very disapointed, i really hoped BIS would fix the sound problems, as these are the biggest atmosphere killers for me.

goodnight.gif

First of all.

* Can we have the option to go back to the old iron sights? When i'm using the machine gun or just using the iron sights in general i'm finding it significantly harder to hit anything. The option to enable the old style would be nice. (or if holding down right mouse whilst in the iron sights, instead of just zooming in. Also locks into the iron sights?)

* Can you compress all future updates using 7zip? The 1.04 to 1.05 update which is a 226MB zip file is too big for most people and there is an advantage to using 7zip.

I compressed the euro 1.04 to 1.05 update (285MB exe) to 176MB using 7zip. I think you'd agree that a 50MB difference between zip and 7zip is quite a big one.

It'd be better for everyone, this way the BIS servers get hammered less and it takes less time for people to download their updates.

By the way, if you don't believe me;

Here are the settings I used for 7zip.

7zipbj3.png

And here's a comparison of the file sizes, I also compressed the exe using winrar too. (as a test)

comparisonln5.png

Zip is getting seriously old now, dump it and use something better like 7-zip.

Image Link removed.

This happens in all missions/editor and I have to restart the game to temporarily solve the problem! Shame, I hope it gets fixed, as I will now have to shelve the game and wait for a fix or revert back to v1.04. sad_o.gif Anyone else having this problem? huh.gif

You have no information to confirm that it is the patch that has done this.

You have not posted your system specifications, I suggest you do this if you want to eleviate any doubt about whether your PC can run this game well in the first place.

Lastly, post in the troubleshooting area, because until you have evidence this is caused by the 1.05 patch you are offtopic.

I have exactly the same problems. Since the last patch the graphics are really horrifying. Lowering the AA helped somewhat, but overall I see lots of problems in most levels confused_o.gif. Red kite's screenshots could have been taking by me. See my post for more info.

My specs:

# lspci

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

00:00.0 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. K8T800Pro Host Bridge

00:00.1 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. K8T800Pro Host Bridge

00:00.2 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. K8T800Pro Host Bridge

00:00.3 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. K8T800Pro Host Bridge

00:00.4 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. K8T800Pro Host Bridge

00:00.7 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. K8T800Pro Host Bridge

00:01.0 PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8237 PCI bridge [K8T800/K8T890 Sout

h]

00:07.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): VIA Technologies, Inc. IEEE 1394 Host Controller (

rev 80)

00:08.0 RAID bus controller: Promise Technology, Inc. PDC20378 (FastTrak 378/SAT

A 378) (rev 02)

00:0a.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8001 Gigabit Ether

net Controller (rev 13)

00:0e.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy (rev 04)

00:0e.1 Input device controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy Game Port (rev 04)

00:0e.2 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Creative Labs SB Audigy FireWire Port (rev 04)

00:0f.0 RAID bus controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VIA VT6420 SATA RAID Control

ler (rev 80)

00:0f.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586A/B/VT82C686/A/B/VT823x/A/

C PIPC Bus Master IDE (rev 06)

00:10.0 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller

(rev 81)

00:10.1 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 81)

00:10.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 81)

00:10.3 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 81)

00:10.4 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB 2.0 (rev 86)

00:11.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8237 ISA bridge [KT600/K8T800/K8T89 0 South]

00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233/A/8235/8237 A C97 Audio Controller (rev 60)

00:11.6 Communication controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 80)

00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] HyperTra nsport Technology Configuration

00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Address Map

00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] DRAM Con troller

00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Miscella neous Control

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G70 [GeForce 7800 GS] (rev a2)

# cat /proc/cpuinfo

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">processor : 0

vendor_id : AuthenticAMD

cpu family : 15

model : 39

model name : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 4000+

stepping : 1

cpu MHz : 2403.229

cache size : 1024 KB

fdiv_bug : no

hlt_bug : no

f00f_bug : no

coma_bug : no

fpu : yes

fpu_exception : yes

cpuid level : 1

wp : yes

flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt lm 3dnowext 3dnow up pni lahf_lm ts fid vid ttp tm stc

bogomips : 4809.69

@Rhodite NP I will check it next time.

I like the changes I've seen so far regarding AI etc. but unfortunately I losed quite a bit performance (as well as degraded graphics) on my rig when going from 1.02 > 1.05.

My computer is not the fastest around and it could be driver related. I'm using nVidia 77.77 with my GF6600 GT 256 MB and that worked fine in 1.02 (not great but OK).

I noticed that the bushes looked much worse now close up (I had no big fps problems with them in 1.02) and that the LOD/texture changes on vegetation (especially obvious on trees) acted kinda strange, they kinda "melted" in/ out when zooming in/out of scope. Also saw an old "OFP issue" back now, when looking at soldiers in scope at distance their head/hair textures/models blends/flickers thru their helmets (easiest to spot on east soldiers helmet), pic below. Anyone else experience this?

ArmA_105_issue_01.jpg

Haven't tried MP yet but been informed by a friend that the Sprocket specific MP CTD's seems to be cured  smile_o.gif

Overall it looks like a good patch and AI issues and SP/MP stability has priority over graphics, just hope I can get back my performance and graphic quality somehow. Thank you BIS!

Can anyone with a nVidia GF 6600-6800 recommend a good driver to try with 1.05?

/KC

HXC that's no good dude sad_o.gif

Post in troubleshooting though, so this thread can remain about impression of what the patch is like if it works wink_o.gif

Your video card looks ok, I am not sure why you'd have this problem I hope it is solved soon for you.

Ok, the spanish community users reports several major issues with sounds, lods and suddenly lower fps, in the 1.02 version they didn't have it sad_o.gif