Sign in to follow this  
fabrizio_t

Patch 1.05 impressions

Darnit, double posted due to lag - sorry

to early to give a detailed report

but from what ive seen so far is a step in the right direction

some people seem to expect a bug free game i think those people need to smell the air there breathing nener.gif

so far i have no major issues in single player enviroment will test the patch futher in MP...

yay.gif

After 1 day of non-stop 1.05 action, these are my impressions:

Pros:

-better AI

-better flight model

-the awesome new ironsight system

-less lag in MP

-faster loading times

-u can now hide in the grass

-better AI vehicle pathfinding (now the great battle isnt a chore to beat)

-VTOL

-no CTD's as of yet

Cons:

-new grass layer looks bad

-M249 seems to have not enough recoil still( not sure as i havent fired one irl)

overall i am very happy with the patch and unlike others i havent noticed much in terms of performance

Edit:btw i use a 9800pro

A post just from a nobody tounge2.gif that hasnt even yet downloaded the patch yet -

Ive cycled thru the many posts here, looking at responses, and Ive noticed a good number of responses indicating slight to severe performance drops due to the patch - I highly doubt these people are lying - and Ive noticed theres been really no response to these posts at all -

Personally, before I download/install this patch, id like to know whats up with this, is it possible compatability issues with certain computer specs/ types -

Not posting this to cause problems, posting this because I am a little concerned, and would rather just stick with 1.02 for now if another patch is going to fix a potential major issue in 1.05

Well the 'problem' is that most people that have seen better performance or no noticeable change do not spam the forums with it wink_o.gif

I have seen much better performance compared to 1.02 on my very low end system (I barely reach the minimum requirements).

compared to 1.04 the performance is slightly worse when loading the game or loading islands but nothing noticeable ingame (I mean performance is crap for me anyway but it got better than with 1.02 wink_o.gif )

I have heard a number of reports from people that say 1.05 increased their performance a lot.

IMHO you just hear a lot of people posting here that have problems while the people being happy with the patch usually stay out of here because they are busy playing the game.

Personally I'm very happy with the latest patch. Obviously there's still much to do but I am happy to see BIS addressing the issues and introducing new features like the new iron sights which made it almost a completely different game for infantry.

The texture problems are even worse then I thought. They really make the game unplayable. Even at the default setting these issues haunt me help.gif.

Here are some examples:

citylb8.th.png

mountainwy7.th.png

carsop0.th.png

humveekh4.th.png

m1rw0.th.png

Ange1-0f-Death+1 WL and 48 PR

2 posts containing nothing of use to anyone.

Spam and trolling.

After pretty quick play in editor today.

GOOD

-No huge different,but seem run better on my old sistem.

-Ironsights sistem very nice.

-Harrier take off and landing nice.

-More fast loading.

-I like new style menu.

-GPS is good.

-Flying much better now,more easy with mouse and keyboard.

-AI better.

-Finally helis don't disappear anymore.

BAD

-Javelin anim still totally wrong.

-Harrien don't drop bombs on Laser Designator target..again mad_o.gif

-AH6 seem don't attack troops again,but I have to test better.

Quote[/b] ]Deformation when looking around with lowered rifle

This is really bad choice for me,now the weapon position when the rifle is lowered is fix,which make transition between weapon up and down much less smooth than before confused_o.gif I hope to see revert back in future.

For the rest no errors no crash no major problers..so far.

I give 9 of 10 Points from Turkey nener.gif

++++++

+Nice Menu Layout

+Better Gameplay

+Nice Harrier Starting/Landing

+Vehicle Lights

+Choosing the difficulty of the AI`s

+in "Very Low" looks the game graphic good

--------

-Creating ogg Custom Sounds = Kicked from Servers sad_o.gif

-FPS in the Forest 12-15

Endeffect: Very Nice game + patch! Respect and Thank you very much!

I can play ArmA 1280x1024 in High settings with my grandfather-cpu AMD Athlon XP2800+, 1GB Ram, GeForce 6800 XT VERY WELL

And now I am a big fan of Armed Assault wink_o.gif

i continue to see a common thread here.

it appears that 1.05 works good on low end systems now and has caused a considerable impact on performance on high end systems.

anyone else see this?

amd 64 3800 sincle core

7950 gt 512

2Xgig

german dvd

again, post 1.05 patch, settings on very high and avg 30-45 plus now 15-22ish fps

WTF!?

i bought this computer just for arma, and now cant enjoy very high settings w/out performance hit.

BIS, please respond

With this patch, ArmA is now what it should have been in November 2006.

Performance on "medium" settings is very well but could be better.

The fps are still going down after some time of playing, Alt+Tab(reloading the scene) and the fps are high again. Maybe a Geforce 8800 issue.

Good work on the changes and new stuff.

MfG Lee

it appears that 1.05 works good on low end systems now and has caused a considerable impact on performance on high end systems.

anyone else see this?

amd 64 3800 sincle core

7950 gt 512

2Xgig

german dvd

again, post 1.05 patch, settings on very high and avg 30-45 plus now 15-22ish fps

WTF!?

i bought this computer just for arma, and now cant enjoy very high settings w/out performance hit.

BIS, please respond

Lol I think you have a point there. I consider my system just below high-spec, and after the 1.05 patch it runs like crap (20fps) on default settings crazy_o.gif.

Lol I think you have a point there. I consider my system just below high-spec, and after the 1.05 patch it runs like crap (20fps) on default settings crazy_o.gif.

heh I get barley 23-25 FPS on rahmadi... with everything very low --> 20 FPS on sahrani = joy

I'd did complain about the drop in performance since updating to 1.05 - even though in 1.04 the performance was sluggish at best - in another forum topic.

But....Bohemia seem to think it's ok to delete people's posts regarding complaints, so i think it's pointless saying how i truly feel with regards to my experience with this game so far.

What happened to freedom of speech?

The performance issues are putting me, and loads of my friends, off from buying the game. Shame they don't seem to have got better, but I'm sure they tried hard.

I've had no drop in performance that I have noticed. Usually between 20-30. I have most settings above normal. I have a GeForce 7800 GTX btw.

My campaign sound has gone to pieces.

Whenever music starts the other game sounds get fuck up.

A post just from a nobody tounge2.gif that hasnt even yet downloaded the patch yet -

Ive cycled thru the many posts here, looking at responses, and Ive noticed a good number of responses indicating slight to severe performance drops due to the patch - I highly doubt these people are lying - and Ive noticed theres been really no response to these posts at all -

Personally, before I download/install this patch, id like to know whats up with this, is it possible compatability issues with certain computer specs/ types -

Not posting this to cause problems, posting this because I am a little concerned, and would rather just stick with 1.02 for now if another patch is going to fix a potential major issue in 1.05

Well the 'problem' is that most people that have seen better performance or no noticeable change do not spam the forums with it wink_o.gif

I have seen much better performance compared to 1.02 on my very low end system (I barely reach the minimum requirements).

compared to 1.04 the performance is slightly worse when loading the game or loading islands but nothing noticeable ingame (I mean performance is crap for me anyway but it got better than with 1.02 wink_o.gif )

I have heard a number of reports from people that say 1.05 increased their performance a lot.

IMHO you just hear a lot of people posting here that have problems while the people being happy with the patch usually stay out of here because they are busy playing the game.

Personally I'm very happy with the latest patch. Obviously there's still much to do but I am happy to see BIS addressing the issues and introducing new features like the new iron sights which made it almost a completely different game for infantry.

Although I agree with you that it certainly seems *many* people are enjoying only benefits from the new patch, there does seem to be a percentage that have lost game performance due to the patch.

Personally, I spent an easy full day (quite a few tedious hours) doing all and dowloading all sorts of things to get my computer to run the game at an average of 25 to 35 fps (from an average of 15 to 20) - and im running a modern dual core system, im not wanting in any way to have to re-do or lose that hard work to get to where im at - thats why I posted in regards to this

I dont think that Bis is ignoring or deleting posts regarding issues due to this patch, or any other, in fact Id think they would want to know about this, Imho, if they didnt care, we wouldnt have seen 1.02 or anything beyond.

I also feel the same, personally I feel appreciation towards Bis for working hard to continue to fix issues and optimize the game performance, but this doesent mean that any particular patch released shouldnt be criticized if its causing a number of paying customers more problems than solutions wink_o.gif

Personally, im going to wait and see what transpires here from this patch.

Anyone gotten voicechat working after 1.05 in MP with deddy server, if so.. how? smile_o.gif

I've had no problems with 1.05 - In fact, I'm getting WAAAY better performance, and from having everything at medium settings, I've put most on very high and I still get very acceptable frame rates. smile_o.gif

Although, I've noticed this weird "bullet turning" ie when I aim for someone's head, the bullet will sharply turn and hit them in the torso. confused_o.gif

I've got auto-aim turned off, so I have no idea why this is happening... help.gif

anyone else see this?

yup...there's a pattern there all right.

@Timblesink

that's really nice but if you don't post your system specs this kind of post is completely useless to anybody

after readin the entire topic the changes its made on everyone is quite strange like some have got performance improved and some have not

for me its a performance decrace sadly

anyway i hope BIS come up with a fix to all of this and dont wait it a year b4 they bring out another patch

confused_o.gif

I have P4 3000Mhz, 2GB RAM, 7600GS. Performance dropped. Before in 1.04 it was always running smooth, now its slideshow when theres lots of trees around or when i prone into grass. banghead.gif

Just a little tip....

I can't assign the CTRL key anymore to go prone, I'm sure I could assign it with the 1.02 & 1.04.patch

But I've found a solution. smile_o.gif

Go to the mydocuments/Arma folder and I open the #YOUR_PROFILENAME#.ArmaProfile.

Then I search for the keyProne[]={xxxx}; or either the keyProne[]={xxxx}; and change the xxxx into 157 (the ID for the CTRL key). Don't forget to save the file when you're done.

Works great!