Sign in to follow this  
fabrizio_t

Patch 1.05 impressions

I got to ask, how is the new chopper movements? Any different?

Yes they are slightly different. The tail rotor is easier to control and its easier to "hover" without the autohover "cheat". An improvement for sure.

LOL  .. agreed it is a minor issue ...  but still ..

you blaze a trail through undergrowth  you expect it  to be present for following units .. right or  wrong ??

yeah im being picky   ..  sorry ... tounge2.gif

Hi

ArmA has received quite a lot of patching already - actually so much that it is unusual and even questionable in my opinion.

We can all draw our own conclusions why this massive patching has happened. Was the game released a bit too early? Probably. Is this game the only game I have been keeping an eye on during the recent years? Yes. Am I happy that I have the game? Yes. Am I happy that there are bugs in the game? No. Do you have the right to complain? Yes, as much as I do. Has BIS done anything to make the situation better? Yes. Can BIS fix all bugs in one patch? No, that is a practical impossibility. Will there be more patches? Hopefully.

Please make sure you use the ArmA Community Bugtracker to report the bugs you have noticed. Thank You.

There is also a Wishlist in the Bohemia Interactive Community Wiki for things that don't qualify as bugs.

Best Regards,

Baddo.

The choppers are harder to control for me at the moment but I think I just got used to 1.02. The tail rotor is definately an improvement. I'm pretty sure performance has dropped though, and I lose sound really easily, especially in multiplayer. confused_o.gif

I found out that I had to bind a new key to the GPS, sow it's working - nice.

I also found out that you can only switch seats in the cobra by landing, get out, and then get in to the other seat again. I guess that makes sense. So I use an AI gunner since manually controlling the machine gun while flying has limited movent.

I'm still not sure how to aim laser guided bombs from planes, though.

Overall I like the improvements.

i must be scratching my head crazy like BIS ppl should be right now, thing is that i really want to help out the problem but those problem are just no show for me!(aside from the DL version starf@@k problem)

should we start a poll to find which version of pre-1.05 patches are being used the most to start the upgrade and got problems? confused_o.gif

my nose tells me there should be some problem hiding there wow_o.gif

Don't worry. BI will create some new bugs for you with the next patch. Enjoy it while you can.

Who are you? You don't seem to have a clue about BIS, bub.

the more he post the more i have the through that he is infact a hired gun, prove me wrong, post something useful, let someone help you out instead of posting dumcrap saying notthing more then "i have problem, but i dont want to fix it, sXrew you BIS anyway, muahah!!!11!11!!!!"

I upgraded from 1.04 (505 Europe edition) to 1.05.

Well as i just stated over in the Tech forum, this game is a disgrace to PC Gamers in it's current state. I mean people even struggling to run this pile of crap on top end systems with 8800GTX's.

I think the "MAIN PRIORITY" should have been to iron out the performance problems, over tinkering with lame add on's and concentrating ona dumb iron sight problem.

Sure the iron sight fix is a good one. But i repeat right now the "MAIN PRIORITY" is perfomance. Since what use is a smooth animated iron sight when the games running at extremely low frames per second.

I'd also like to point Bohemia to the Valve Survey Summary - http://www.steampowered.com/status/survey.html - which began on November 15th, 2006. Now if you guys had taken the time to research what most of your paying customers are using <hardware wise> you'd clearly see that creating a game that doesn't even run on top end rigs is gonna create afew "tiny" problems lol.

Which also brings me to the question - What was Bohemia actually testing this game on? If of course the game was actually tested, and not just simply thrown at us "the paying customer" to test it ourselves.

Very disappointing indeed. sad_o.gif

LOL .. agreed it is a minor issue ... but still ..

you blaze a trail through undergrowth you expect it to be present for following units .. right or wrong ??

yeah im being picky .. sorry ... tounge2.gif

Untrue!!!

U been to Africa.. proberly not.. Hunters walk though never mind role though the grass and trackers can see that they have been there because all the grass is flattened or snapped down.. same with arma you role in the grass it flattens and then someone comes along and they know someones been there. Deal with it.

@ CGman/mr. GC (ive no idea.)

Have you actually ever tried programming or anything like that?

Its not easy at all and add that to the fact that some people swear that the patch has improved ArmA by a fold or two and their computer runs it better now while others are on the other side of the river.... it's just nuts!

It's all seemingly random so either help us identify the problem or... you know... something else. Have you tweaked your Arma yet?

welcome.gif

btw yeah i do get CTDs for no apparent reason too...

i must be scratching my head crazy like BIS ppl should be right now, thing is that i really want to help out the problem but those problem are just no show for me!(aside from the DL version starf@@k problem)  banghead.gif

mid-high end system here BTW, and the game runs like dream now

C2D E6600 standard Ghz

Asus P5B deluxe

kingston 2GB DDRII-800

GeForce 8800GTS 320MB standard Mhz

160GB seagate SATAII for main operations

2x 80GB seagate ATAIDE for crap storage

Your just ranting... most of what you stated is your poor pc. My pc can run it fine, try turning down your graphics and res. Its either that or Lag your choice.

You gave only one real good point. The tank collision thing is just flat out pittyfull.... but your preformance issues really are your problem not BIS's.

Oh and about the grass... What do YOU THINK would happen if you stare at long grass like that?!

Obviously its going to be in your VIEW!! The fact that it does not "clip" through your iron-sights is a plus! I used to have a piece of grass sticking right through where my sight would be.

Any ways think before you post.

What do you whant to telling me here?

Think before i post? Crazy or what? Don't go to personaly - its only a good tip! I think you have your nose to deep in BIS ass. Haven't you paid money for that game? Do you have to much money so you don't have to care?

And: thats not only my view, that the view of dozend of other "pissed of" Arma gamers who set all their hopes in that so big announced 1.05 patch. The truth is this patch had make things more worse than good.

My Machine is far away from "poor" i have a overclocked 4000+ with a 7950GT and enough DDR2 ram. Anyway one of my Brother got a Core2 6600 and a 8800GTX Card all new drivers, XPsp2 and exact the same issues as me, so stop telling me something about my Machine.

The Grass-thing, well when you walk over the grass or lay down in it without using scopes or Ironsights, it looks like ist only a few Centimeters high and thats good. But then, if you using your scopes or ironsights its getting really bad.

And something for the end: In Opposite to you, we have tested this game the whole evening/night yesterday and ALL of us have the same oppinion and are pissed off - thats the reason why im posting here.

And please don't get on my nerves any further, if you want to say something personally to me, write a PM!

Regards, Christian

lo matt ..

thats what im saying .. a trail can be detected ..

re read my post ... grass should not re spring into place .. at least not immediatley ...

and yes i have been to Africa ..

deal with it ....!!!

At the moment all I'm bothered about is the fact that the sound goes off in multiplayer, and multiplayer now has decreased performance, both of which have made the game severely less playable. Needs a quick fix.

The only problems I'm having with the patch is only having grass within ten feet of me, (looks weird), and adjusting to the new iron sights movement.

Apart from that, barring a few performance issues, everything seems ok on my system :/

Hauk

LOL .. agreed it is a minor issue ... but still ..

you blaze a trail through undergrowth you expect it to be present for following units .. right or wrong ??

yeah im being picky .. sorry ... tounge2.gif

Untrue!!!

U been to Africa.. proberly not.. Hunters walk though never mind role though the grass and trackers can see that they have been there because all the grass is flattened or snapped down.. same with arma you role in the grass it flattens and then someone comes along and they know someones been there. Deal with it.

lo matt ..

re read my post ... grass should not re spring into place .. at least not immediatley ...

deal with it ....!!!

(an appology huh.gif always welcome)

reading this thread is kinda strange...the experiences after patching seem to be very different from case to case.

well here's my feedback:

bad:

-still can't turn the goddamned tracers off?! crazy_o.gif

(this is such a small and ridiculous bug. should have been fixed in the first patch)

-performance noticably decreased (from 1.02) on my system:

athlon 64x2 4400+

ati radeon 1900xt 512mb

2gb ram

(turning the landscape detail from very low to low results in a speed decrease of about 15 frames!

...20 for very high. for now i'm playing without the grass)

good:

-love the new iron sight movement!

-AI seems improved (although they seem to notice the direction of fire comming from a silenced weapon immedeately)

-like the LOD blending

-nice work with all those countless small improvements

overall a nice patch. now just bring back the performance and PLEASE let us turn the TRACERS OFF and i'm a happy customer.

What do you little boy whant to telling me here?
This sentence is just pure brilliance.

Tried muliple downloads from different sites and multiple reinstalls.

I'm on 30% with the following

Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.

European DVD Version

Verifying ArmA: Armed Assault, version 1.04...

Error found in file AddOns\air.pbo (96587d7e!=fe592cae)

Error found in file AddOns\Anims.pbo (5b5fdf06!=97baf62e)

Error found in file AddOns\Ca.pbo (ade1e62d!=895a0bea)

Error found in file AddOns\characters.pbo (c3f77098!=622f5c7d)

Error found in file AddOns\plants.pbo (fde18e07!=a232fe2c)

Error found in file AddOns\sara.pbo (cd1c2b2e!=4142b5a6)

ArmA: Armed Assault: Updating version 1.04 to version 1.05...

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\AIR.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\AIR3.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\ANIMS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\CA.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

The Armed Assault DVD is now a tea mat. I see why they couldn't find publishers willing to take this on. It's possibly the worst implementation of a game I've ever seen. Hopefully this will put BIS out of business.

You have the wrong version of the patch.

edit: seriously the first reaction you have to a bad patch is "i want them to go out of business!"...  icon_rolleyes.gif

No I tried both patches they both do the same.

Poor quality product on release. Far too many companies out there releasing sub standard products. The weak should go out of business.

EDIT: I'm also a little confused why you used quotes and then didn't put what I said inside them. Instead you entered your own interpretation, that's not a quote.

Merged threads lets try and keep the 1.05 discussions to a single thread.

Quote[/b] ]lo matt ..

deal with it ....!!!

Take into consideration how much more traffic and load this would cause for MP gaming and singleplayer.

As it is, it´s ok I´d say. You can´t have everything perfect in a big environment like Arma offers.

Quote[/b] ]The Grass-thing, well when you walk over the grass or lay down in it without using scopes or Ironsights, it looks like ist only a few Centimeters high. But the if you using your scopes ot ironsights its getting worse.

First there is magnification of the scope that naturally makes things look bigger.

Second, when you aim through your scope you limit your fov and as you don´t have flexible arm lenghts the height above ground for aiming a weapon when lying is always limited and therefore grass will hinder your view. Long grass does hinder your view in real life too, why not in a game ?

By flattening a circular area around you as it is with patch 1.05 it has imo got much better.

@ CGman/mr. GC (ive no idea.)

Have you actually ever tried programming or anything like that?

Hello i have my own busines, im a html programmer with some PHP/SQL knowledge, so the answer is: Yes i know how hard programming could be.....

@Gux, yes i know my english is not so good. Anyway i edited my above post because i'm 31 at age and i should better act as a model and i should not say something like that - thats not fair, so sorry!

Regards, Christian

A post just from a nobody tounge2.gif that hasnt even yet downloaded the patch yet -

Ive cycled thru the many posts here, looking at responses, and Ive noticed a good number of responses indicating slight to severe performance drops due to the patch - I highly doubt these people are lying - and Ive noticed theres been really no response to these posts at all -

Personally, before I download/install this patch, id like to know whats up with this, is it possible compatability issues with certain computer specs/ types -

Not posting this to cause problems, posting this because I am a little concerned, and would rather just stick with 1.02 for now if another patch is going to fix a potential major issue in 1.05