Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

Improved ArmA

Heres some little edits to Arma that i think have improved the game. These Include Weapons, Effects and AI..

Improved AI

Quote[/b] ]Changelog:

AI now engages at longer distances (Actual Fire Engagement)

AI can identifi targets better and at further distance

Improved Weapon Damages & Tracers

Quote[/b] ]Changelog:

Rifles no longer have tracers (M249 also does not have tracers because it uses the same ammo as m16)

Machine Guns and Heavy Weapons have tracers m240 > 30mm

Tracers are more visable.

Feeback welcome, il be adding some more stuff soon with some sounds and textures. smile_o.gif

What is it in detail? huh.gif Any screenshots or additional information available?

your other project involvement make you sound like a very promising guy smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Arma Weapons Mod

This small edit to the config.cpp file which changes some values to the weapons including tracer fire and damages.

Changelog:

Tracers

------------

Rifles no longer have tracers (M249 also does not have tracers because it uses the same ammo as m16)

Machine Guns and Heavy Weapons have tracers m240 > 30mm

Weapons Damage Increased

------------

Humvee

5.56mm (Not Tested)

7.62mm (95 Hits = Destoryed)

12.7mm (50 Hits = Destoryed)

14.7mm (40hits = Destroyed)

20mm AP (15 Hits = Destoryed)

23mm Shilka AA (2 Bursts = Destoryed)

30mm AP (8 Hits = Destroyed)

57mm Rocket = (2 hit = Destoryed)

70mm FFAR Rocket = (1 hit = Destoryed)

80mm Rocket (1 hit = Destoryed)

BMP

20mm AP (50 Hits = Destoryed)

23mm Shilka AA (3 1/2 Bursts = Destoryed)

25mm (40 Hits = Destoryed)

30mm AP (30 Hits = Destroyed)

57mm Rocket = (2 hit = Destoryed)

70mm FFAR Rocket = (2 hit = Destoryed)

80mm Rocket (2 hit = Destoryed)

Quote[/b] ]Improved AI for ArmA

Changelog:

AI now engages at longer distances (Actual Fire Engagement)

AI can identifi targets better and at better distance

keep up mate thumbs-up.gif

@Opticalsnare

Its a bit useless to make some little changes at config and weapons.bin and release them as mod, so far ArmA needs patches, and there will be more changes by BI in the future.

Patches should be an duty for BI, that all people play with the same version online, and not one with ECP, one with WGL, another with FFUR on the same server .. you know.

No offensive, just my point of view.

Better make an standalone addon, not a replacement.

OffTopic:

Opticalsnare what is with the INSMod for HL2 .. i waiting for it.

My last info about release was april, is that correct?

How do you figure that it takes 15 rounds of 20mm AP round to destroy a humvee? I mean there were reports of 20mm rounds penetrating T-55s, let alone Humvees. As well, the same with the 57mm rocket. 2 hits?

Do you have any actual evidence or facts backing these numbers up? They seem random and unrealistic

Although I'm using my own config, I'll check your addon asap thumbs-up.gif

Nice to see that ppl are finally working on some more important aspects of the game than simple reskins, especially when it comes to the AI.

edit: which version of ArmA do you have? I can't use the AI config, it's probably a matter of different versions (1.02 here).

How do you figure that it takes 15 rounds of 20mm AP round to destroy a humvee? I mean there were reports of 20mm rounds penetrating T-55s, let alone Humvees. As well, the same with the 57mm rocket. 2 hits?

Do you have any actual evidence or facts backing these numbers up? They seem random and unrealistic

Im still editing them and increasing the values gradualy so there all well balanced, atm its now

20mm AP (6 Hits = Destroyed)

57mm Rocket (1 Hit = Destroyed)

Ive got the UK Version.

I do not know the USA 249 at all but in my day we used the FN which uses 7.62 and the FN LMG which is also 7.62. The LMG was belt fed and every 3rnd a tracer whereas the rifle was mag fed and normally had no tracers. Why would the 249 be different? Don't the US put tracer rounds in their belts to make it easier for the gunners?

IMO this whole tracers bitch and moan saga is people using these machine guns in online games for their great ability to put a ton of lead downrange but it's giving away their positions. For gameplay sake I see it as a fair compromise.

umm now every weapon is a 1 shot- 1kill even in the arm or leg. I think both weapon and armor values need to be changed.

the 249 should have tracers, just 1in5 instead of all off them. roguerunner, when you talk about the FN lmg are you meaning the proper LMG or the minimi, because the bren type LMG was clip fed, the GPMG is belt fed either 50's or 100's. i didn't think they put tracers in the LMG because it was supposed to be fired in 3-4 round bursts, i.e sometimes you got unlucky and there was no tracer

IMO this whole tracers bitch and moan saga is people using these machine guns in online games for their great ability to put a ton of lead downrange but it's giving away their positions. For gameplay sake I see it as a fair compromise.

Whiners. Haven't they ever heard of Murphy's Law of Combat #39? "Tracers point both ways." rofl.gif

I do not know the USA 249 at all but in my day we used the FN which uses 7.62 and the FN LMG which is also 7.62. The LMG was belt fed and every 3rnd a tracer whereas the rifle was mag fed and normally had no tracers. Why would the 249 be different? Don't the US put tracer rounds in their belts to make it easier for the gunners?

In game I think the M16/M4/M249 all use the same ammo attributes, so removing tracers for 1 means removing tracers for all of them. I guess with some work it can be sorted.

the 249 should have tracers, just 1in5 instead of all off them. roguerunner, when you talk about the FN lmg are you meaning the proper LMG or the minimi, because the bren type LMG was clip fed, the GPMG is belt fed either 50's or 100's. i didn't think they put tracers in the LMG because it was supposed to be fired in 3-4 round bursts, i.e sometimes you got unlucky and there was no tracer

Nope, the belt fed oke. Carried it myself for two years in the Angola war!

It's called the FN MAG.

Picture on security arms (hope they allow direct linking wink_o.gif )

http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/2800/2857.htm

so you mean the GPMG, i thought you meant the LMG that got replaced by the LSW (i know the LSW was supposed to replace the gimpy but it didn't really happen did it!wink_o.gif

Yip, guess that's the fancy name for it smile_o.gif We just called it the 'LMG' or 'MAG'. It's an awesome weapon and if you oil it enough is quite reliable.

Hi. Some questions.

1) is it possible to add bn880 tracers to Arma?

2) how to do this?

3) how to change the rate of tracers (perhaps one every 4/5 normal rounds)?

Thanks

more realistic is always welcome.

I'd request adding dexterity values for all infantry weapons with heavier weapons being bulkier. that'd be very good and allow people to add feedback on how bulky or easy to move different weapons are so you can tune it perfectly.

Indeed it is, I had to haul one around for an exercise, I made sure I never had to do it again rofl.gifbiggrin_o.gif

The "Improved AI" didn't work. I replaced it then when I tried to run ArmA, a pixel shader error did pop up, saying something like:

"Pixel Shader error PPS Alpha"

help.gif

Roger that mate. I too come from the era of FN and FN mag ( called SLR and GPMG in my day ) though we used to drop a trace round second from last in our SLR mags to let us know we had 1 round left before mag was empty. And yes the LMG/GPMG is bloody heavy but what a beast it is down on its bipod or even better on its SF tripod for good old fashoined sustianed fire !

And yes trace is both ways in this game i believe for MP fairness etc etc !

Opticalshare, could you explain here how you did the "Improved AI", so people who hasn't bought the UK version can try to make it the way you did.

Please inlove.gif

he probably modified the maximum distance of engagmeent .

dont know if it's a weapons 's variable , or related to soldier themselve.

use cpbo and extract bin.pbo. look in here wink_o.gif