Sign in to follow this  
beukem

8007000e Error in Vista

Afaik, the difference in memory mangement from 1.04 to 1.05 was a size change of the texture cache etc.

You might wanna try some of the following maxmem parameters, just to test and see if it makes any difference to you:

-maxmem=384

-maxmem=512

-maxmem=640

-maxmem=768

-maxmem=1024

Sick, sorry for ignorance but, how do I enter these maxmem parameters? Can I do this from within the game?

Sick, sorry for ignorance but, how do I enter these maxmem parameters? Can I do this from within the game?
NP Mate. Edit your ArmA shortcut (right click it and hit properties), and add the mentioned setting behind it, as in next example:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\ArmA.exe"

change to:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\ArmA.exe" -maxmem=384

etc

I have 2 gigs of ram, so would i use -maxmem=1024?

Even though i'm using vista which uses ram like crazy?

I have 2 gigs of ram, so would i use -maxmem=1024?

Even though i'm using vista which uses ram like crazy?

Vista doesn't use RAM like crazy, it simply assigns available RAM to system cache, which means that most of your application files and frequently accessed files are ready waiting in RAM which is a lot faster than from your harddrive. And a lot better system than XP, who's system cache is largely done in the harddrive's paging file under most circumstances.

As soon as your programs need the RAM, Vista will give the RAM free to use for your applications.

1024 would be fine I guess for 2GB systems but I think it was Cameron who pointed out he had to put his -maxmem=512 to get away from these 80070000E errors in Vista

Just thought I had better report that the -maxmem addition to the sArma shortcut has worked, no more lod issues on 1.05 anymore.

Performance still not quite as good as 1.04 but with below rig can have high settings on all but postprocessing and anistropic.And have very high on object detail - good fps so far. On 1.04 could even have high on Post processing - but guess can't have my cake and eat it wink_o.gif

Thanks again Sick, 'good deal' m8

Pentium D 2.8 mhz

2gig DDR2 533mhz

E-Geforce 7900 GT KO

Vista Prem

Keefeh - I don't know about the efficacy of what I'm about to say, but it also seemed to help - close everything else unneccesary while playing ArmA, like SideBar, etc, if you're still getting problems after around 20 minutes of playing.

I keep sidebar closed all the time mate hehe, i really hate that thing tounge2.gif

It seems to be ok if i just keep everything on normal, bit annoying, but i'm glad i'm finally getting to play smile_o.gif

I am currently working of the theory that BIS tried to fix issues and created Arma 1.06 to release in the US, but seeing as some of the issues are still there, i think that they may release 1.07 to fix the US and INT versions sometime before the US release.

with 1.05 and the first beta i got this constantly.

the 1.07 beta patch seems to have fixed it.

i played for about 4 hours, constantly alt-tabbing (which caused it before) and i got nothing.

smile_o.gif

No.

i'm sorry, did i offend you? is there really any need for a post like that?

i got the error constantly with 1.05, and with no settings changed (other than increasing VD up to 6k) i no longer get the error.

i said it seems to have fixed it, as it has done for me, i did not say it definitely had for everyone did i?

thumbs-up.gif

andy-uk;

please accept my apology.

I really didn't mean to come accross like you took it.

(I should stop posting for today anyways, because I'm really upset for other reasons)

It's definitely still in the 1.07 patch. There is a memory leak and you shouldn't have to install a third party program.

In another thread seems like they pin-pointed an ATI problem with something similar. It might be something in the graphics drivers or possibly even Vista, but happens when the game during ArmA.

I am running SLi 2x GS 7600 w/ 512k each on a Vista with a duo-core. I get the problem after a while and can tell before will crash because the graphics get very choppy and start to glitch.

The physical ram and the virtual ram are two different things. The game should have an option to flush virtual cache to clear up everything or should automatically do it.

I get the problem after a while and can tell before will crash because the graphics get very choppy and start to glitch.

The physical ram and the virtual ram are two different things. The game should have an option to flush virtual cache to clear up everything or should automatically do it.

I agree. ArmA should constantly keep track of [various size]

avaiable VRAM and begin flushing once ~30-40MB VRAM are

left over. Never use it all up to '0'

No idea if this is possible.

Quote[/b] ]I agree. ArmA should constantly keep track of [various size]

avaiable VRAM and begin flushing once ~30-40MB VRAM are

left over. Never use it all up to '0'

No idea if this is possible.

We try. However, no matter how hard you may find this to believe, this is quite complicated, because DirectX API designers decided the game is not allowed to know how much of VRAM is free, or how much of VRAM the card does have, or even which texture was allocated in VRAM and which went into AGP. This makes a nightmare of the simple process you have described. We need to use guessword, heuristics and more or less accurate predictions and assumptions to be able to do this.

Bl**dy Microsoft again, is there no way you can have users select from an ingame option what there graphics card memory is and have the engine work within its limit, surely you know how much the game is using at any one time.

This would also set the best graphics options for performance, if you want to change then you should expect lower FPS, other games look at you machine and set best setting for hardware.

I still have the Missing Textures, minimum LoD and 8007000e Bug (but sometimes now i can continue after it got out and brought the error msg) with GF8800GTX and Vista64 plus 1.07 added some Random full crashes to ArmA after which i can press the reset button cause nothing else helps sad_o.gif

Suma,

I am not sure if it is currently flushing or when, but I think it's safe to say that it needs to flush sooner.

I think leave it up to the user to decide when it needs to flush until it is worked out automatically by the program. I would a button in advanced display that would allow this.

My biggest gripe is when I host a session for a progression map (such as evolution), I hate to have my client shut down when people are playing due to this problem.

But I can understand about shooting from the hip.

Quote[/b] ]We try. However, no matter how hard you may find this to believe, this is quite complicated, because DirectX API designers decided the game is not allowed to know how much of VRAM is free, or how much of VRAM the card does have, or even which texture was allocated in VRAM and which went into AGP. This makes a nightmare of the simple process you have described. We need to use guessword, heuristics and more or less accurate predictions and assumptions to be able to do this.

Not sure if this helps... but it sure sounds like this problem.

http://developer.popcap.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-2296.html. Check out the post which JPoag posted.

Also.. this might be handy smile_o.gif

today i had 3 times crash to desktop, error 870.... etc

this game is really pissing sometimes

horible HDR, and now in 1.07 still crash to desktop , i cannot test and make my missions :/

i have XP SP2 and Nvida 7900, so this is not a problem of Vista and 8800 only

107a.jpg

in 1.07 shadows like that, HDR pulsing,

still game carashes to desktop after 15-20 minutes , WTF ?

8007000e Error

I am getting this error as well.

Asus Crosshair

AMD 6000+

2 gigs Corsair XMS-2

WinXP

Enermax 850 PSU

Freezone CoolIT System

Seagate Barracuda 250 SATA II